Install Arc
Options

- Official Star Trek Delta Rising Announcement

Comments

• Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    grtiggy wrote: »
    sooo, what happens to folks who have not forked over a ton of zen for a T5 ship already, will they be unable to do alot of the new content?

You realize that groups of people with the ships you get for free at level 40, and with white MK X gear, have beaten on Elite (with optionals) all the current PvE 5 man content, right?

Do you have MK 12 gear via Fleets or Reputation and some knowhow in flying your ship? You'll be fine.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Announcement = good.

Video = good.

Things in video = good.

Lack of explanation RE: T6 ships and T5 upgrades = Bad.

Trying to stay positive here, but I really do want to know the specifics of the upgrade system.

That being said, does this mean we'll be getting a Delta Rising startup screen to replace the LoR one?

There's this thing that's called a teaser. Updates will come. Patience young padawan :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bassmas314bassmas314 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Will this level cap increase include the introduction of the long-awaited Fleet Admiral/Dahar Master ranks for players?
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bassmas314 wrote: »
    Will this level cap increase include the introduction of the long-awaited Fleet Admiral/Dahar Master ranks for players?

Yes it will.
  • Options
    bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Yes it will.

Fleet Admiral Patrick Ewing and Dahar Master Pr`sut. Sounds good to me :)
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • Options
    lordmotalordmota Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I for one would like to put it out there that the ONLY future feature that has me still playing is Admiral control of more than one of my ships at once. I've been waiting for this level upgrade for this feature alone. I'm only going to bother collecting and loading a series of ships, much less a new level of them, if I can use them together. An admiral is an officer that commands MORE THAN ONE SHIP. You could work it where we can control a fleet of our ships via AI, you could make it where we call in our own ships in combat instead of random AI ships (fleet distress call) and at least let us switch between our ships in the PVP arena instead of just to shuttle. Upgrades, T6, whatever, I want to be able to use all these toys I put in my toybox and grind to fill with sweet gear. If you cant give me that, I'm out, I've already extracted all the fun to be had from STO in it's current form. Let me use more than one of my ships at once, or lose one of your vaunted paying customers. The grinding reward cycle only works for a time, that time has passed. I dont see this as being that hard to implement in some way and could only reward your bottom line.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    slylandro wrote: »
    Just FYI, for the JHAS:

"With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost."

See http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007323 at the bottom.

One can assume the same will be offered for other luckbox ships. I don't know if I'd make that leap for other starships, but it's a possibility as well. I don't post much here (or at all, I think this is my first post in the time I've been around), but I thought this little tidbit merited mentioning, so I hope I've helped soothe some concerns.

Yes and if this does effect lockbox ships will that include the MU ships as well or will it just be the big ships and will Lobi and event ships be upgradeable as well?
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gosabresgosabres Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Make sure to check out our official trailer video from the Dev Panel at Star Trek Las Vegas convention!

~CaptainSmirk

In reference to :40 to :55 of the above video....

Who are the guilty ones that took Brad out partying all night the night before? :P
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've always thought that giving ships tiers was a bad idea. It would have been alot better with what gear you could use on any ship equalling your rank. Gear has rank on it already. So a VA could fly any ship they want and it still be viable in anything ingame. Hull,Shields,weapons and power would all come from the gear used. I think that would have made the game more fun.
  • Options
    lordmotalordmota Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Did I mention I want to be able to use more than one of my ships at a time?

yeah I did. This would add new experience to STO that would make it something I'd sandbox play indefinitely, the combinations, that tactics, it would bring a whole new mechanic to the game and it cant be that difficult to implement.

I've been waiting for the vaunted level 60 for this, I dont care about anything else, you can have fun with this game regardless of level and gear, but without this new mechanic it doesn't matter how many new missions you add, what ships you add, what voice actors you get, it's all the same, and I'm more than bored. I'm ready to get addicted to another game unless you can make this one better, and that's the only thing you can (and have promised in the past) do to achieve that.

Star Trek is gold IP, this would make the addicted adult players, the people who spend way too much money because we have it, happy. You want to make us happy, give us the mechanic you've long promised, it'll give people more reason to expand their ship collection ($$$$$$).

(another thing you could do, even if you dont make it full 3 dimensional flight, is up the climb angle to near 0 degrees, call it 5 degrees, to make it feel more like flying in space, allow for more clever maneuvering ect.) would be easy to implement as well, and the return on that would be massive.
  • Options
    treksavanttreksavant Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have played many an MMO in my days so here is my two cents:

Grinding is BAD, so upping level caps is generally bad as it promotes more grinding to get max level.
    Power creep is BAD, or making all your current gear junk is UNTHINKABLE.
    New tier 6 ships are the devil, since all your prized / lobi ships will be flying garbage scows!

I would be very upset, as would many others, if we were instantly downgraded upon logging in when Delta releases. Having to shake the money tree yet again to get some barely decent new gear is a disgusting means to keep us interested. Games are supposed to be FUN, so keep the fun and turn OFF the cha-ching mentality. Suggestions to move STO forward:

Immersive games rule - take us somewhere else. I want to go to Risa in real life, or create a holodeck program to do something... naughty. You get the picture.
    Better ground game - the technology for ME3 for example, was a thing of beauty. I want to HS the bad guys to make them go bye-bye, run and take cover, and pop up to nail the next one.
    No limitation flight - said better by many others, this should be possible.
    More content for the dilithium gind, and more intelligent foes - is it just me, or do the bad guys always react the same way? One of those guys has to learn to evade, eventually, or do something to surprise me!
    Bad guys with brains - why not create a tier of play with human driven Borg? Now that would be sinister, and a pug would be disaster in the making...
    A new tier of danger - so instead of new ships and associated power creep, why not tougher mobs? Peep driven borg is one idea, but there are many other ways of making this work.
    A story about ... me - so I should have a means to control my own destiny, and distinguish myself from others. I want a customization that goes beyond traits to make me unique. Oh, and I want to paint a lady on the side of my ship, like the WW2 pilots of old. They still have paint in the future, no?
  • Options
    lightfenixlightfenix Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    are we finally going to see one of these?

http://memory-gamma.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible_class
  • Options
    baratgabbaratgab Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jarfaru wrote: »
    I've always thought that giving ships tiers was a bad idea. It would have been alot better with what gear you could use on any ship equalling your rank. Gear has rank on it already. So a VA could fly any ship they want and it still be viable in anything ingame. Hull,Shields,weapons and power would all come from the gear used. I think that would have made the game more fun.

^^^ This strikes me as an excellent idea. :)

Of course there are also the bridge officer stations, but I think it actually never made any sense that those are 'fixed' somehow. What invisible power would hold back a captain – who can reconfigure everything else on the ship – from making changes to the bridge stations? At the very least they could add stations as upgradeable equipment...

But, at the end of the day, they wouldn't be able to make money from ship sales (or much less), so they'll probably never consider anything like this.
  • Options
    anailaighanailaigh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So... WHEN is the actual release? Cause i just logged in an it all seems to be the same as before this notice..
  • Options
    anailaighanailaigh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oopsie dbl psted
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anailaigh wrote: »
    So... WHEN is the actual release? Cause i just logged in an it all seems to be the same as before this notice..

Fall/October
  • Options
    bassmas314bassmas314 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I'm guessing that since Harry Kim will only be a Lieutenant J.G. that he won't be commanding the USS Rhode Island in the game like he was in Voyager? Also, if that is the rank he has in the game, then who the heck did he TRIBBLE off to have such a sluggish career track?
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    bassmas314 wrote: »
    So I'm guessing that since Harry Kim will only be a Lieutenant J.G. that he won't be commanding the USS Rhode Island in the game like he was in Voyager? Also, if that is the rank he has in the game, then who the heck did he TRIBBLE off to have such a sluggish career track?

It was stated a the dev panel that Harry Kim will be a captain. Garrett Wang, however, only gets to be a Lt. JG :D
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    double post. forums going crazy this evening.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    umbergreyumbergrey Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Of all the concerns about Delta Rising, the one that blows my mind is "I paid real money for this! You can never make anything better!"

I paid real money for my Nook, iPhone and car too. Yet every year (or thereabouts) a better one comes out!

And yes, before you say it, those are physical objects and my Tier 5 Galaxy X/Odyssey/Fleet Excelsior are digital. But people had to work to make both the physical and the digital, and those people need to get paid for their work. So "digital" is not a valid argument in my book.

Anyway, between Delta Rising and Beyond Earth, October is going to be a month of little sleep for me it seems.
  • Options
    clanhamiltonclanhamilton Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Harry Kim will be captain of the rhode island. Youtube Star Trek online las Vegas or delta rising. Also believe there are links in previous threads. Anyone else happy about new mission content? Or just me? I like new ships and gear just need the missions in between grinding pve over and over. With pvp mixed in a variety of options.

Infinite diversity in infinite combinations :cool:
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    umbergrey wrote: »
    Of all the concerns about Delta Rising, the one that blows my mind is "I paid real money for this! You can never make anything better!"

I paid real money for my Nook, iPhone and car too. Yet every year (or thereabouts) a better one comes out!

And yes, before you say it, those are physical objects and my Tier 5 Galaxy X/Odyssey/Fleet Excelsior are digital. But people had to work to make both the physical and the digital, and those people need to get paid for their work. So "digital" is not a valid argument in my book.

Anyway, between Delta Rising and Beyond Earth, October is going to be a month of little sleep for me it seems.

Agree 100%
  • Options
    spartorspartor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would love to see some stuff from Elite Force like the Vorsoth and weapons
  • Options
    cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a little concerned regarding Z-store ships and ship packs. For example, I bought the Oddy and Galaxy packs, as well as the Gal-X, and spent real money to upgrade them to fleet specs with fleet ultra rare gear, all in the interest of having "the best ships out there". And now, with DR and T6 ships, they are relegated to second line quality, unless Z-store VA ships automatically get bumped to T6, but I really doubt they'll do that. I am also a lifetime sub. My main toon has been a VA for almost 2 years. Will the new lvl cap take into account all the extra XP our toons have been earning after they capped out at 50?

So many questions....
  • Options
    skovulvdkskovulvdk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi Dev. Team
    I feel your next update to the game is a little unfair for us who have purchased the Lifetime membership, I have spent a lot of money to buy around 56247 ZEN just so I could buy endgame ships T5 and now will make T6 ship. so now I have wasted a lot of money on your game, will apparently update bug ship from T5 to T6, a way to be able to do it, let's pay 100-225 ZEN for us to upgrade to T5 to T6. so we have not wasted our money and time.
    please reply back. I hope you will not forget us.

best regards Skovulvdk
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not to bothered about losing my ship or having to pay for a Tier 6 ship my main grumble is I like the shps I currently have I have a T'varo class refit. A B'rel BOP and a Mirror Universe Star Cruiser. Now a good option is to upgrade the ships. However we are only going to recieve a handful of ships over the factions and not all ships will be to everyones liking especially if they are cryptic designs which I think are really ugly.

Also the people who won ships from lockboxes who are meant to have the rare ships that are powerful should instantly have there ships upgraded to Tier 6 at least with this cap raise after that only should be done to newer lock box ships.

I know Cryptic are there to make money but we have crafting which at the moment is pointless but if we can use crafting to make our ships 5.8-5.9. Then it will allow my ship to still remain competitive and also gain lvls in crafting.

Also Reps systems are we going to be higher rep gear or extra rep stages to unlock these as I want to know if i should hold of getting my Mk XII borg gear or should i just wait for the new equipment
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    umbergreyumbergrey Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cdnhawk wrote: »
    Will the new lvl cap take into account all the extra XP our toons have been earning after they capped out at 50?

Why would you want that?

Do you really want to boot up Delta Rising on launch day and have the game go, "YAY! You are now max level again!"

God forbid we need to gain more levels.
  • Options
    lonewolf1213lonewolf1213 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im happy with the proposed new content
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    umbergrey wrote: »
    I can't speak for the others, but my biggest concerns are actually:

1) People will lose faith in lockbox ships if the rewards are suddenly deprecated like this. In all the other free-to-play games I've ever seen with lockboxes, the "grand reward" is usually something like a mount or other item that is designed to be relevant pretty much for the lifetime of the game. If the "grand reward" is suddenly intended to be valid only for the current level cap, only the truly insane people will throw their hundreds/thousands of dollars at them anymore.

2) Equipment/customization loss. Omega, Nukara, New Romulus, Dyson, Counter-command...right now, we have a lot of options via the rep system that allow people to make a lot of custom build choices. Assuming this stuff is never going to go past Mk XII, it's all going to be swept under the rug when the new expansion goes live. We're talking about nearly 4 years worth of options and customization here. Without some way to at least work toward upgrading these items, what are we left with? The single new rep faction that's likely to show up when the expansion hits?

I have nothing against replacing an item with something better. I've been doing it in this game, wow, and everything else for plenty of time now. I'm more concerned with the loss of valid customization options, because all those equipment options didn't just show up in a single expansion. That blog needs to hurry up and happen. :D
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That would imply people have faith in lockboxes in the first place.

My main concern is the fact that this is going to be SSDD, that there will be all this Ooo and ahh over the coming content and what we will get is more monetized content for people to buy and what ever free content there is will be broken, just like the crafting revamp, and the Doff UI.
This discussion has been closed.