What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free t5 base-access for all!

Comments

• Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I love this channel. It is great for people in small fleets.

Could I make a request to the moderators that they start patrolling it a little more often? Over the last few weeks the kind of gibbering idiocy that infests Earth Spacedock chat keeps popping up on the channel.

I like keep it open for the general invites for access to stuff, but the inane chatter makes it hard to tolerate. Thanks.
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We do keep an eye on the channel and step in when absolutely necessary but we prefer to let it self moderate rather than rule with an iron fist. Generally if it's quiet normal chatter is fine but when people are trying to get invites we'll offer a gentle reminder that it is primarily a service channel.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A lot of the people who chatter on there are invite providers.
    That may be true but has not been the case in my experience. It's been difficult to offer and receive access the last week or two in the channel with the amount of irrelevant chat going on. I pointed it out and was immediately flamed, called names etc. kinda lame, anyway that's what the ignore button is for.
  • Options
    dragnlrdelfbanedragnlrdelfbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I love this channel. I've tried to do my part in the past to give cellship invites when I could, and when I needed to get myself some elite slavers, NoP was there to give me the much needed invite. Thanks a million.:D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I love this channel. I've tried to do my part in the past to give cellship invites when I could, and when I needed to get myself some elite slavers, NoP was there to give me the much needed invite. Thanks a million.:D

You're welcome, and thanks for helping out with the cell invites! Every little helps and is much appreciated.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That may be true but has not been the case in my experience. It's been difficult to offer and receive access the last week or two in the channel with the amount of irrelevant chat going on. I pointed it out and was immediately flamed, called names etc. kinda lame, anyway that's what the ignore button is for.

I've been in this chat for about 3 weeks now and I've seen this handled 2 different ways depending how the person who brings up channel moderation does it.

If someone mentions they are having problems with seeing requests, people chill out a bit or help highlight the requests.

However, if someone tries to "police" the chat and starts trying to enforce rules or is generally overly bossy etc.. then they get a verbal smack down.

I take it, you fell in to example 2?

@NoP This channel has been a godsend to me and to my fleet mates. Because of your fleet help I was able to get Elite Mesh Weavers, best thing I've spent Dill since it came out, so thank you to all at NoP and the helpers in chat.
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    However, if someone tries to "police" the chat and starts trying to enforce rules or is generally overly bossy etc.. then they get a verbal smack down.

I take it, you fell in to example 2?
    Nvm. Was gonna respond but realized I don't care. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    As some people might have noticed it's often taking a bit longer to get invites at the moment what with everyone being on Risa for the summer event. There are still inviters around but please be patient with requests and realise that for the duration of this event it might take a little longer to get what you need!
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    happy birthday NoP Public Service :)
    it was one year ago today that Nerds of Prey launched the 'NoP movement' for the purpose of sharing their first t5 holding (sci: elite pets). with assistance from House of Snoo (t5 engi), NoP Public Service was the only outfit in sto giving away free KDF t5 holdings access. the overwhelming popularity of the movement necessitated the creation of its own channel: NoP Public Service.

how things have changed! today, not only is NoP Public Service the largest channel in sto, but actually paying for access is an idea that many people arent even aware used to be a common occurrence.
    thanks NoP!
  • Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for all the invites, nerds.

Here's to one more year of easy access to fleet gear! :)
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks NoP for creating a channel for the common good, and thanks to all the fleets and players that spend time tossing invites from their bases and holdings!

Happy Birthday NoP!
  • Options
    truthseeker10368truthseeker10368 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Congratulations with the 1 year anniversary, Nop Public Service Channel.:-)

A big thankyou to all of you that takes of your gametime to provide services to other players.:-)

Long live : Nop Public Service Channel.:-)

Glory and honour to all the ppl providing services tru this channel.:-D

Truthseeker69

Sad Pandas/Show Me Your Critz
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why would you even need PS when you have NoP PS?
    I wouldn't have any Elite stuff if it wasn't for them. The convos in there are very laidback too without any stupid rules. I guess the only rule there is: don't be an *******. NoP rocks!

No there is a rule, everything on the channel is free, no buying or trading (if i'm wrong , correct me)
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow, an entire year. Sure doesn't feel like it's been that long. Pretty awesome though.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A year... that's a lot of Elite hangar pets, fleet tactical consoles, cell ship invites, and even the occasional T5 ship that no money has changed hands for. I know it sometimes takes a while to get an invite, but there are more people sending those invites than ever before.

I'll play a tiny violin for the fleets that made a business of selling such access a year ago. And another for the mods who ruined the original Public Service channel.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Grazie, NoP. For helping to keep fun with high quality gear a viable option for everyone within STO.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Grazie, NoP. For helping to keep fun with high quality gear a viable option for everyone within STO.

Especially the klingons, thanks guys for fixing an entire faction. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Damn, has it really been a year already?

Just remember although it's 'NoP' Public Service it's the many other fleets and individuals who tirelessly offer invites throughout the day that make it all work, so a big thanks to everyone who contributes!
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • Options
    razikp1razikp1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just joined the channel but there is no one chatting have i been muted or something?
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nah. It's just been a bit quiet since the expansion announcement. People aren't looking for fleet gear as much since they don't know if they have to replace it. It should pick back up after it launches.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some hours of the day are quieter than others as well. It varies in activity.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited August 2014
    I like NoP channel, but boy oh boy, last week I spent, just one day 12hrs straight trying to look for a T5 Starbase Invite.... and the chat was only looking like a secondary zone chat....

what ever happen to the mods/admins of the channel???
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like NoP channel, but boy oh boy, last week I spent, just one day 12hrs straight trying to look for a T5 Starbase Invite.... and the chat was only looking like a secondary zone chat....

what ever happen to the mods/admins of the channel???

No idea, but if someone from NoP sees this and wants a REALLY active mod to weed out the TRIBBLE in the channel, let me know
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    unlike the sto forum or tacpaddys public service, the administration of NoP Public Service doesnt crack a chub at the very thought of getting a chance to flex some mod muscle at people talking about sto.
    im not really interested in policing chat like the stasi. imo, so long as the talk is sto-related it is well within the purview of the channel. every other NoP i have talked to feels the same way.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    unlike the sto forum or tacpaddys public service, the administration of NoP Public Service doesnt crack a chub at the very thought of getting a chance to flex some mod muscle at people talking about sto.
    im not really interested in policing chat like the stasi. imo, so long as the talk is sto-related it is well within the purview of the channel. every other NoP i have talked to feels the same way.

STO related topics are all good and well....but i came across mods blatantly ignoring discussions about other topics that have no place in a public channel on a T rated game. Id like to talk in more detail, could you contact me @jarodroto123
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    gearing up for x2!
    needless to say that we will be fast-tracking any new holdings and accommodating t6 ships in any way required.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    with fleetships going to t5u and typical t5 z ships going t5u, there really hasnt been any need to look for a fleet. still looking for other fleet stuff but without provisions ive been resigned to the fact im not gonna get advanced or fleet based stuff, so lets see what comes of t6 ships and if these make the fleet grade to t6.5.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
This discussion has been closed.