What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Marriage

Comments

• Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why does everyone come along and try to justify what they want by saying some other game has it. We're getting into the "If they jumped off a bridge" area here.

Cross faction teaming is something the devs should look into, but they should not have to impose RP on everyone just for your sake. So ESO has marriage, good for them. But do we really need it? Not because they have it.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As to the topic of the thread, hows about a big "No".

Something like this doesn't belong in STO.

Let's worry about asking for cool things for the game.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    just ask yourself "what would kirk do?"

Not sure if that the correct question to ask.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We don't KNOW something did not happen to him her or both. Titan could have smashed into Pluto, if Troi were driving

Good old attack pattern Troi, never fails.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    just ask yourself "what would kirk do?"

And bear in mind that with Kirk involved, that's pretty much the exact same question as "who would Kirk do?" ;)
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Been over this, only Q knows how many times: "No".

YES! (and tell "Q" I said to suck a root) :P
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Come on. A whole new career in the game: Divorce lawyer. For the first time in the history of STO everyone agrees who's the evil one.

Roflmaooooo!!! Imagine the high profile one's charging a client half a billion ec just to defend them. Yikes! :0

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind a teleport option like the one the op suggests for married folks, fleet mates, etc. to use with a 10 minute or so cool down.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Roflmaooooo!!! Imagine the high profile one's charging a client half a billion ec just to defend them. Yikes! :0

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind a teleport option like the one the op suggests for married folks, fleet mates, etc. to use with a 10 minute or so cool down.

It would limit the amount of available EC.
    Those who choose a career as divorce lawyer could get a no-limit bank account, but in tun would be fair game for anyone taking shots at them .

Imagine the costs of having to heal injuries all the time. :P
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One word...Prenuptial...or...half your EC, Dil, and bank items belong to me.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    married in the game LOL sure go for it but no buffs but do allow them to share account banks LOL well see an uprise of orion females being wed long enough to drain feddy bear bank account then dump them.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    On the understanding that developing any new DEV content of this kind should seek to engage and involve as much of the player base as possible... I'll run this up the flagpole and see who salutes it!

Betazoid 'Festival of the Rings' Event:
    • Added new St. Valentine's Event from 4th-18th February, 2015.
    • This event takes place once a year and is centred around a different planet each year.
    • Special Event queue added:
      • 'Wedding Crashers' (Ground Event queue):
        • 'While invited to a wedding between two of your faction's highest ranking officers, you must investigate a suspected enemy* plot and Undine infiltrator, ensuring the event continues as planned. (* random selection from Tal Shiar, Voth, Tholians, Cardassians or Breen)'
        • This is a 20 person queue available at both Moderate and Elite levels.
        • This event rewards Universal Marks Boxes, a small amount of dilithium and 'Valentines'.
        • In addition, coming first, second or third in Elite queues, players will receive one of the following titles:
          • First place: 'Engaged'
          • Second place: 'Best Man' or 'Bridesmaid'
          • Third place: 'Ring barer' or 'Flower girl'
    • Feature episode added:
      • 'You Are Cordially Invited':
        • Two 'Farpoint Creatures' have been spotted in the Bellatix Sector. You have been asked to join a science team investigating their strange behaviour.
        • Defend them from Borg and Undine attacks until the creatures are safe, and perhaps a Ghelki 'herd' might lend a helping hand!
        • This episode takes place during the 'Borg Advance' story arc, after the episode 'Fluid Dynamics'.
      • For the duration of the event, completing this featured episode daily rewards a single 'Ring of Betazed'. These can be used for a 'Festival of the Rings' Event personal reputation project.
        • This project can be slotted by accessing the Event tab of the Reputation system menu.
        • This reputation project requires ten Rings; and gives the following rewards when complete:
          • 25,000 dilithium ore
          • 2,000 Fleet marks
          • 100 Event reputation
          • 'Infant Farpoint Creature' non-combat pet
    • New Romulus has received a few celebratory changes!
      • For the duration of the event, players will be able to earn 'Valentines' on New Romulus, in addition to normal Romulan marks, from completing all ground missions that give rewards.
      • Added a marquee tent and additional decorations to the New Romulus staging area ground map for the duration of the event.
        • This tent is located to the south of the Vastam Peaks.
        • Added Betazoid tailor accepting 'Valentines' for the following items:
          • Female characters will be able to purchase three separate new hair styles.
          • Tholian silk bridal Gown. (Female)
          • Fine needlework strapped wedding Dress (Female)
          • Tholian silk Bridesmaid Dress (Female)
          • Top hat and carnation (Male)
            • (note: the above items can only be used in the Formalwear category. Players must have an extra outfit slot available or must have a currently existing formalwear outfit)
        • Added Romulan botanist offering Ground Mission: 'Beloved Horticulture'
        • Added Romulan researcher allowing you to raise two special new Event Epohhs.
        • Added Ferengi Merchant accepting 'Valentines' for the following items:
          • Vanity item: Shuttle: 'Just married'. Gives the appearance of empty tins tied to the back of your shuttle. Disappears during combat.
          • Invitations: these can be mailed or traded to any player throughout the event. They can be turned in on New Romulus for the following two rare ground consumables: 'Wedding cake' and 'Champagne'
            • (note: this item cannot be listed on the exchange)
          • Ground Trait Box: Maternal Instincts: *- recharge time on kit abilities for each point of missing health. This bonus increases greatly as your health nears zero.
            • This trait disappears from players trait pool after 9 months. To use this trait again, you must have another Maternal Instincts trait box.
          • For those with Accolade: 'I do!':
            • Ground Trait Box Package: Bonded. *This package contains two boxes that can only be shared with another player through trade. Activating one of these boxes will automatically activate the other.
            • * Immune to seduction. Players will always successfully revive other trait holder.
      • Any two players awarded First place titles from the 'Wedding Crashers' Ground Event queue will have the option to beam down to a private instance.
        • This option is presented to players from the New Romulus space map or the Fleet Embassy staging area exit.
        • Two players with the first place title must be teamed when trying to access a private instance. Once they have arrived on the ground map, they may invite up to twenty other players, with each invited player bringing one Bridge officer. Pets may be used as normal.
      • New Event map Ground Mission: 'Beloved Horticulture'
        • Players must search for a number of unique plant and flower specimens found throughout the ground map, and return them to the tent within the allotted time.
        • This mission can be completed in teams of up to 20 players. It can be acquired from the Romulan research botanist found under the marquee tent.
        • The flower and plant samples can be turned in to receive one of five different themed bouquet's. These can either be turned in for Universal Marks boxes, or displayed in your captain's quarters by accessing your ship interior through the mini-map menu.
        • Additionally, players with First place Titles from the 'Wedding Crashers' Ground Event queue have the following option:
          • Feeding one bouquet of flowers to any Baby Nanov will replace all team members 'Engaged' titles with 'Husband' or 'Wife'. In addition, players will receive the Accolade: 'I do!'
          • (note: this will apply to all team members with first place title at the time. If you do not wish the title conversion, you should leave the team before feeding the flowers. This change cannot be reversed.)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    -snip-

Way too much effort was put into that suggestion.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    On the understanding that developing any new DEV content of this kind should seek to engage and involve as much of the player base as possible... I'll run this up the flagpole and see who salutes it!

The word "overwrought" comes to mind. In 6-foot blinking bright red neon letters.

I'm all for passing on in-game marriage to begin with, and doubly so for devoting half a freaking season to it.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    While were at it why not ask for

pregnancies

Eating

sleeping

bowel Movements

sweating

vomiting

farting

sneezing

snots

hair loss

weight gain

progressive aging

arthuritis

gout

These are just as rediculous as asking for marriage in STO imho.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Way too much effort was put into that suggestion.

Agreed. but the Infant Farpoint Creature would be a nice non-combat pet. No matter the method required to obtain it.
  • Options
    gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The word "overwrought" comes to mind. In 6-foot blinking bright red neon letters.

I'm all for passing on in-game marriage to begin with, and doubly so for devoting half a freaking season to it.

Sorry. It got out of hand. My fault for writing it at 1 in the morning :)

On the plus side, I learnt how to indent text. So that's something!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Sone interesting ideas though, and your costume ideas would expand our rather bland selection of Formal wear... which is limited to 1 thing really.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll actually +1 Gorillachops idea, serious effort and thought was put into it. Some of the details I could do without, but I won't reject an idea from someone who has obviously put a great deal of creativity and imagination into what they believe to be a big improvement over the social aspect of the game.

There would need to be some workarounds for same-sex marriages, however.

I've not heard of a a same-sex couple getting drunk one night and waking up the next morning to find they've filled out all the paperwork and background inspections for adopting a child.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I want to marry my bolian male to a romulan woman, so that they can have babies with superior operative trait :rolleyes::D
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All this pinkskin-centric talk about "couples"... bah.

What about Andorian marriages? Or Denobulan ones? Eh? Eh? Well?

(Um. If I fold down my antennae and put my serious hat on... I don't see a need for an in-game system for this, to be honest. Though there were marriages on the show - a certain Trill and a Klingon spring to mind. But I still don't see why it needs game mechanics.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Betazoid 'Festival of the Rings' Event:
    • Added new St. Valentine's Event from 4th-18th February, 2015.
    • This event takes place once a year and is centred around a different planet each year.
    • Special Event queue added:
      • 'Wedding Crashers' (Ground Event queue):
        • 'While invited to a wedding between two of your faction's highest ranking officers, you must investigate a suspected enemy* plot and Undine infiltrator, ensuring the event continues as planned. (* random selection from Tal Shiar, Voth, Tholians, Cardassians or Breen)'
        • This is a 20 person queue available at both Moderate and Elite levels.
        • This event rewards Universal Marks Boxes, a small amount of dilithium and 'Valentines'.
        • In addition, coming first, second or third in Elite queues, players will receive one of the following titles:
          • First place: 'Engaged'
          • Second place: 'Best Man' or 'Bridesmaid'
          • Third place: 'Ring barer' or 'Flower girl'
    • Feature episode added:
      • 'You Are Cordially Invited':
        • Two 'Farpoint Creatures' have been spotted in the Bellatix Sector. You have been asked to join a science team investigating their strange behaviour.
        • Defend them from Borg and Undine attacks until the creatures are safe, and perhaps a Ghelki 'herd' might lend a helping hand!
        • This episode takes place during the 'Borg Advance' story arc, after the episode 'Fluid Dynamics'.
      • For the duration of the event, completing this featured episode daily rewards a single 'Ring of Betazed'. These can be used for a 'Festival of the Rings' Event personal reputation project.
        • This project can be slotted by accessing the Event tab of the Reputation system menu.
        • This reputation project requires ten Rings; and gives the following rewards when complete:
          • 25,000 dilithium ore
          • 2,000 Fleet marks
          • 100 Event reputation
          • 'Infant Farpoint Creature' non-combat pet
    • New Romulus has received a few celebratory changes!
      • For the duration of the event, players will be able to earn 'Valentines' on New Romulus, in addition to normal Romulan marks, from completing all ground missions that give rewards.
      • Added a marquee tent and additional decorations to the New Romulus staging area ground map for the duration of the event.
        • This tent is located to the south of the Vastam Peaks.
        • Added Betazoid tailor accepting 'Valentines' for the following items:
          • Female characters will be able to purchase three separate new hair styles.
          • Tholian silk bridal Gown. (Female)
          • Fine needlework strapped wedding Dress (Female)
          • Tholian silk Bridesmaid Dress (Female)
          • Top hat and carnation (Male)
            • (note: the above items can only be used in the Formalwear category. Players must have an extra outfit slot available or must have a currently existing formalwear outfit)
        • Added Romulan botanist offering Ground Mission: 'Beloved Horticulture'
        • Added Romulan researcher allowing you to raise two special new Event Epohhs.
        • Added Ferengi Merchant accepting 'Valentines' for the following items:
          • Vanity item: Shuttle: 'Just married'. Gives the appearance of empty tins tied to the back of your shuttle. Disappears during combat.
          • Invitations: these can be mailed or traded to any player throughout the event. They can be turned in on New Romulus for the following two rare ground consumables: 'Wedding cake' and 'Champagne'
            • (note: this item cannot be listed on the exchange)
          • Ground Trait Box: Maternal Instincts: *- recharge time on kit abilities for each point of missing health. This bonus increases greatly as your health nears zero.
            • This trait disappears from players trait pool after 9 months. To use this trait again, you must have another Maternal Instincts trait box.
          • For those with Accolade: 'I do!':
            • Ground Trait Box Package: Bonded. *This package contains two boxes that can only be shared with another player through trade. Activating one of these boxes will automatically activate the other.
            • * Immune to seduction. Players will always successfully revive other trait holder.
      • Any two players awarded First place titles from the 'Wedding Crashers' Ground Event queue will have the option to beam down to a private instance.
        • This option is presented to players from the New Romulus space map or the Fleet Embassy staging area exit.
        • Two players with the first place title must be teamed when trying to access a private instance. Once they have arrived on the ground map, they may invite up to twenty other players, with each invited player bringing one Bridge officer. Pets may be used as normal.
      • New Event map Ground Mission: 'Beloved Horticulture'
        • Players must search for a number of unique plant and flower specimens found throughout the ground map, and return them to the tent within the allotted time.
        • This mission can be completed in teams of up to 20 players. It can be acquired from the Romulan research botanist found under the marquee tent.
        • The flower and plant samples can be turned in to receive one of five different themed bouquet's. These can either be turned in for Universal Marks boxes, or displayed in your captain's quarters by accessing your ship interior through the mini-map menu.
        • Additionally, players with First place Titles from the 'Wedding Crashers' Ground Event queue have the following option:
          • Feeding one bouquet of flowers to any Baby Nanov will replace all team members 'Engaged' titles with 'Husband' or 'Wife'. In addition, players will receive the Accolade: 'I do!'
          • (note: this will apply to all team members with first place title at the time. If you do not wish the title conversion, you should leave the team before feeding the flowers. This change cannot be reversed.)

Holy $&#% maybe you should work for Cryptic and write their Dev Blog Game Updates...
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shevet wrote: »
    All this pinkskin-centric talk about "couples"... bah.

What about Andorian marriages? Or Denobulan ones? Eh? Eh? Well?

(Um. If I fold down my antennae and put my serious hat on... I don't see a need for an in-game system for this, to be honest. Though there were marriages on the show - a certain Trill and a Klingon spring to mind. But I still don't see why it needs game mechanics.)

Or Bolian marriages. They have co-wives and co-husbands.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Holy $&#% maybe you should work for Cryptic and write their Dev Blog Game Updates...

More like game designer, after that outline for "Matrimony Reputation Grind." ;)
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I'll actually +1 Gorillachops idea

Fortunately it can never happen, as Cryptic could be sued for stealing the idea...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas