What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Discussion Thread: Season 9.5 Crafting Update

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You can make 360 beams of each of the standard energy types. Same with the 90 DHCs. You can only equip a single 360 beam though, can't equip multiples or multiple varieties. Same for the 90 DHCs.

Plasma Torp was the only one there...

Consoles were the only ones there...

Might see more as time goes along, but that's what's been on Tribble so far.

Meh,a 360* polaron array could be fun, but it'd be more fun if it matched the rest of my phased-polaron lockbox gear.

...So, can modifiers be changed ? I got a few mk 12 sets of Borg gear I need updated.
    :cool:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    mathcubemathcube Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey everyone! Check out AdjudicatorHawk's latest Dev Blog on the Crafting Update, featuring all sorts of wonderful gear and traits you can get! Check out the blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
    What are the set bonuses for Aegis? I don't see them in the article.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mathcube wrote: »
    What are the set bonuses for Aegis? I don't see them in the article.

Also, will our old Aegis equipment be automatically upgraded, or will we have to just craft our Aegis sets all over again?
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Am I reading this right? The Exotic Particle Field Exciter is both a particle generator and a field generator.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/eb/d4/ebd4f4cb719822c9459c85cdf7554a091403745557.png

Oddly, that image was included in the dev blog with no commentary from adjudicatorhawk.

I don't think the [Over] modifier is a good idea. The resulting drain to weapon power may lower your overall damage, unless the proc doesn't drain weapon power like a normal BO.

You might also want to rename the new [Amp] modifier for shields so that it is not confused with the [AMP] modifier for warp cores and singularity cores.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    edit: BnC pointed out the issue with the duplicate CD on FAW - my post was incorrect.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Am I reading this right? The Exotic Particle Field Exciter is both a particle generator and a field generator.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/eb/d4/ebd4f4cb719822c9459c85cdf7554a091403745557.png

Oddly, that image was included in the dev blog with no commentary from adjudicatorhawk.

I don't think the [Over] modifier is a good idea. The resulting drain to weapon power may lower your overall damage, unless the proc doesn't drain weapon power like a normal BO.

It may be reading too much into it (wouldn't be a first for me), but in looking at...
    [Over] – This mod gives all of its weapons’ attacks a small chance to trigger a free Beam Overload for the next beam weapon that fires.

"free"...could be free - free of weapon drain/etc/etc/etc.

As for the Exciter, it does seem off some when comparing it to the Engineering console...
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Meh, still not seeing anything worth getting hyped over.

Still is random and still cannot choose modifiers. Is Dilithium still involved? I bet it is...
    Thing is, there's a solution close at hand, but they seem to be missing it. "What is it?" you ask. Well, if you can apply the ship/console logic to kits, why not follow suit for, say, weapons? In other words: make the mods themselves craftable components that can be slotted into weapons as you see fit (reference).
    New Aegis set in BOP, so bang goes making them for selling on the exchange.
    I always wondered about stuff like this. If you want to encourage folks to trade equipment, shouldn't binding be much less common than it is currently?
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am getting confused: what is NOT random on these crafted items?
    Anything? Or is everything random?

If I want disruptors can I make those or is there some random chance I end up with phasers or tetryons???

Is Dilithium prices for crafting associated to Mark of the equipment? Just "colors" (white/green/blue/purple) are random? I won't get a Mark 11 if I run a Mark 12 Doff assignment? And will Mark 11 Purples still be equal to Mark 12 Blue?

And I saw something called "Catalyst" Doffs to slot in the assignments on the Tribble.
    Where do we get those?? Are those purchase for Zen Doffs? What do they do, exactly?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Also, will our old Aegis equipment be automatically upgraded, or will we have to just craft our Aegis sets all over again?

The old set is automatically updated to the new stats. Functionally it's identical to the newly crafted stuff (although it isn't Ultrarare).
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ability #1...20s duration, 15s later Ability #2. 5s left on that first stack, 20s on the 2nd stack or 20s on both stacks? Without it being 20s on both stacks, you could never get to the third stack.

Yeah, that's how it works. Each activation of an ability refreshes the stack. It's meant to encourage "power twisting", basically. Bonuses and values still subject to tuning, I think I started a little low on them so that all you guys would ever see was buffing. :P
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    'ultraviolet'?
    Ultraviolet isn't visible to humans. Therefore it has no color we can discern. Cryptic's version looks more like a fuchsia to me anyway.

As others have voiced, no mention of previous Aegis sets. I have one myself.

Has anyone loaded an older Aegis set in tribble to see what happens?

EDIT: hawk beat me to it. Not ultrarare, too bad. At least it's something. Can we run a 'register' doff mission or something that gives us a chance to upgrade to UR?
    Yeah, that's how it works. Each activation of an ability refreshes the stack. It's meant to encourage "power twisting", basically. Bonuses and values still subject to tuning, I think I started a little low on them so that all you guys would ever see was buffing. :P

...until it gets nerfed cause it's OP in PvP (which I don't play).
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I really like the new modifiers, but we the players are getting way to powerfull the content needs to adapt as well.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The old set is automatically updated to the new stats. Functionally it's identical to the newly crafted stuff (although it isn't Ultrarare).

Funny way back before the extra inventory and bank stuff was added a lot of my characters that were around before free to play I had to recycle my aegis sets because they were just collecting dust and taking up space I didn't have. Oh well :(
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In a recent interview, Al Rivera (CaptainGeko) said that the ability to change the modifiers on our equipment would be included in the second iteration of the crafting revamp. I do think it is a mistake to launch the crafting revamp without this feature, but perhaps it may not matter, because he said that you would need a high crafting level to be able to swap modifiers. By the time people reach the required level, they will release the second iteration. Of course, some people may reach that level faster than expected, especially if they hit the "Finish Now" button.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited July 2014
    Forum Thread Sweep Commencing,

Activate Baryon Sweep.

Warning, all bio-organic material will be eliminated. Please heed necessary Starfleet regulations regarding evacuation of your ship before the sweep begins.

Initializing Sweep.
  • Options
    xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ummm... I found something that makes NO sense about the Aegis set. The shield has a massive cap and boosts shield power (great for tanks/sci), the deflector has a huge bonus to shield cap(great for tanks/sci) and... the engine gives a defense bonus???????
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Q wrote: »
    Forum Thread Sweep Commencing,

Activate Baryon Sweep.

Warning, all bio-organic material will be eliminated. Please heed necessary Starfleet regulations regarding evacuation of your ship before the sweep begins.

Initializing Sweep.

I am a warrior of the empire I don't adhear to your Starfleet Regulations!
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If we have mixed Rare and Ultra Rare pieces that are part of a set, will we get a set bonus? Or will Rare and Ultra Rare pieces each be part of there own separate set?

For example, if we have Rare Aegis engines and shields and an Ultra Rare Aegis deflector, will we get the three piece bonus? or a two piece?
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    edited July 2014

That's kind of a pleasant surprise.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Sweet; thanks.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's kind of a pleasant surprise.

someone log in and post what the new set bonuses are, since the old 2 and 3 part are now built in to the engine and shield
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    FAW cool down duration and that beam trait are still incompatible, you will never get more then 1 stack. on the other hand cloakers can charge up BO damage in an exploity way, by cycling it 3 times wile cloaked before attacking.
    You can't cycle BO any faster than FAW or Subsystem Targeting.

You hit BO, use BO, it's 15s before you can hit BO again. Same as with any of the Weapon Abilities.

This suggests that additional stacks also overwrites the timer for the first stack - otherwise, nobody could get past 2 stacks to 3 stacks.

Ability #1...20s duration, 15s later Ability #2. 5s left on that first stack, 20s on the 2nd stack or 20s on both stacks? Without it being 20s on both stacks, you could never get to the third stack.

You can cycle both Beam Overload and Subsystem Targeting faster than Fire at Will. Fire at Will has a 15s/20s global/duplicate power cooldown, rather than the 15s/15s that every other attack modifier power has. Thus, you can't build more than one stack if you are cycling FAW, since the you have to wait until the 20s duplicate ability cooldown expires before activating it the next time... unless the
    •Beams: •[Over] – This mod gives all of its weapons’ attacks a small chance to trigger a free Beam Overload for the next beam weapon that fires.
    counts towards the
    •Beams ◦On activating Beam skill, gain 2% Beam damage for 20 sec. Stacks x3.
    activation count. Then again, if that [Over] drains and performs as an unranked Beam Overload I (like the Science Vessel Subsystem Targeting attacks), you're likely to end up losing DPS rather than gaining it when using that [Mod]. Does "free" refer to drain, global/duplicate cooldowns, the bridge officer power slot, etc.?

We need more information, but the Trait only looks useful as dontdrunk suggested: sit around cloaked, hit BO III, 15s, hit BO I, 15s, hit BO III, decloak and discharge buffed BO III at target. Or as a buff to Science Vessels/Science-y Carriers, that can cycle the 4 free Subsystem Targeting attacks, now that I think about it...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kirimuffin wrote: »

I am doing the happiness dance here! Thank you! That is terrific news to hear.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Question for the devs:
    When Season 9.5 goes live on Holodeck, what happens if our character's location is Memory Alpha interior map or Memory Alpha exterior map (orbiting Memory Alpha)?

Are we supposed to evacuate our toons before S9.5 drops?

I'm curious where we're relocated to, if our character resides within either of those maps.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Thanks for the clarification Hawk.

Time to grind my buttcheeks off getting Aegis sets for my toons that don't yet have it!
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, I think I can summarize all my issues with the "new crafting" system in this statement:

It is nothing more than a heavily montiezed, heavily grindy random loot store on a reputation timer.

The mechanics are there, the issues have been clearly posted, the problems with the numbers are present. I do fear there will be no movement toward resolving those issues and this system will go live as is. I honestly would rather have the old system back where at least I knew I was "crafting" exactly what I wanted.
  • Options
    maxprangemaxprange Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dont like this at all. What this is is making everything we have useless.

Galor beams, now useless to 360.
    Dual heavy cannons, nowo useless.

then the power creep that i thought was aimed to get rid of with the reputation nerf.

What +25% critical chance with science powers? my vaper has 25% already so thats (25+25+what ever alpha gives) i guess getting a critical almost every shot i do is just how the game is going now.

Then the torpedoes get shield penetration, whats with this i thought the torpedoes were DESIGNED to not do shield penetrating damage (transphasics are an exception).

All of this just seems a bit bogus to me, kill something to nerf a power creep then bring it back but much worse... this just doesnt seem right. Ill enjoy my nearly unkillable pvp tank now before the game gets more out of control than it is already.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You can cycle both Beam Overload and Subsystem Targeting faster than Fire at Will. Fire at Will has a 15s/20s global/duplicate power cooldown, rather than the 15s/15s that every other attack modifier power has. Thus, you can't build more than one stack if you are cycling FAW, since the you have to wait until the 20s duplicate ability cooldown expires before activating it the next time.

Yep, my bad on that - I had thought it was 10+5 to get to the 15...not that it was 20 right off the back, so that FAW only had half uptime to begin with (10/20)...

...but that goes back to what Hawk said in his reply as well as what he had said previously. They're expecting folks to do some "turning" - basically work different Beam Abilities into the mix to get it.

So yeah, if you're running 2x FAW as opposed to Beam DOFFs or AtB...you're going to have to work another Beam ability into the mix.
    We need more information, but the Trait only looks useful as dontdrunk suggested: sit around cloaked, hit BO III, 15s, hit BO I, 15s, hit BO III, decloak and discharge buffed BO III at target. Or as a buff to Science Vessels/Science-y Carriers, that can cycle the 4 free Subsystem Targeting attacks, now that I think about it...

FAW, BtX, FAW, BtX, FAW, BtX...etc, etc, etc.

I'm curious about the FAW 20s instead of it being 10+5 to get 15...that 10 up 10 down is definitely odd.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    someone log in and post what the new set bonuses are, since the old 2 and 3 part are now built in to the engine and shield

Oh fine...
    Set 2: Energy Negation
    Negates all damage for .1 sec once every 30 seconds

Set 3: Energy Feedback Conductor
    (10 max)
    Targets Self
    2 min Recharge

+100 Energy Damage Resistance
    Reduces Damage to Shields by 30%
    When hit by Energy Damage: +2% Bonus Energy Damage. Effect can apply once per sec, max 10 stacks.

*The duration of the power is 10 secs, and the stacks last for 10 secs from the time it last proc'd; this gives you a maximum duration of 20 secs assuming you get shot immediately before the power duration expires. Also, there is a text error under the Powers list, where the ability's description is that of Feedback Pulse rather than Energy Feedback Conductor, though the power's stats are correct.

As a side note, my updated Aegis Covariant Shield Array seems to have actually lost the "chance to increase the user’s resistance to that damage type, stacking up to 5 times" mentioned in the Dev Blog, at least in the item description... I'll go get shot at and see what happens.
    So yeah, if you're running 2x FAW as opposed to Beam DOFFs or AtB...you're going to have to work another Beam ability into the mix.

FAW, BtX, FAW, BtX, FAW, BtX...etc, etc, etc.

Yeah, that was basically the answer given by one of the devs elsewhere... though I'm not sure the +6% damage is worth shifting FAW from 20s to 30s and giving up a Trait slot to boot. Beam Overload drains very heavily indeed on an actual beam boat, and Subsystem Targeting isn't exactly a high-performance ability for general use (it's more of a strategic move than something to cycle just to maintain uptime). That would require parsing by someone inclined to do so, and of course a character on Tribble that capped their Beams Crafting School. Not I sir, not I. :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2014

http://s209.photobucket.com/user/ghostbirdofprey/media/STO%20Season%2095/8ae83d11-979e-48aa-9a47-81c6bd93879b.png.html