test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Discussion Thread: Season 9.5 Crafting Update

Comments

• tragamitestragamites Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Again like I said in the last update DoF (Discuss on Forums) that I appreciate this revamp and that it looks good for the most part on Tribble.

Yet again I am not pleased with your choices of some items you have placed at the top of the trees.

Antiproton weapons are NOT standard and should NOT be used as the BiS of cannons. Antiprotons are the weapon of the PLANET KILLER not for use on standard vessels of the fleet! I feel you should revisit this weapon and make it Tetryon Based or offer the 3 best options available, Fed R&D - Phasers, Rom R&D - Plasma and KDF R&D - Disruptor. Since these are all BoE it would be the best option as it builds a market of trade for which R&D is very lacking. But more on that later...

Plasma is the primary of the Romulan and they already have an advantage when it comes to bonus damage with plasma weapons. Again I would offer the best 3 options here, Fed R&D - Quantum that deploys Antimatter as opposed to plasma.

Tactical Quantum Torpedo Launcher [CrtD] [Pen] Mk XII
    • Character Bind on Equip
    • Cannot Equip more than 1 of this Item
    • Vice Admiral
    • Values fo not reflect skills or other modifiers
    Tactical Quantum Torpedo
    Kinetic Damage
    • 90' targeting arc
    • 2,467.4 Kinetic Damage (281.3 DPS)
    • 657 Proton Damage over 10 sec
    • Creats a Ion Radiation Cloud on impact which lasts for 6 sc, deals 345.6 Proton Damage every 1 sec to foes within
    • +20% Critical Severity
    • Ignores 10 points of Damage Resistance Rating

For the KDF R&D make it the Photon varient.

Advanced Photon Torpedo Launcher [CrtD] [Pen] Mk XII
    • Character Bind on Equip
    • Cannot Equip more than 1 of this Item
    • Vice Admiral
    • Values fo not reflect skills or other modifiers
    Advanced Photon Torpedo
    Kinetic Damage
    • 90' targeting arc
    • 2,249.3 Kinetic Damage (281.3 DPS)
    • 657 Antiproton Damage over 10 sec
    • Creats a Antimatter Cloud on impact which lasts for 6 sc, deals 345.6 Antiproton Damage every 1 sec to foes within
    • +20% Critical Severity
    • Ignores 10 points of Damage Resistance Rating

Romulan R&D can carry on with the Plasma varient offered.

Same will follow with all the options given as Top Tier projects in R&D.
    Even before the attacks on Earth and Qo’noS, my teams were working on a whole new system for Research and Development. We’re going to wipe away everything that came before – everything the Undine know – and start fresh. We’ll have new technology and new options. We’ll open up R&D to captains who haven’t worked with it before and see what they can do.

I propose that we even consider sharing these advances with the Republic and the Empire, although I expect they’re both working on something similar already. We can’t be the only ones who see the only way to move is forward.

Something SIMILAR is not the SAME and Rom and KDF should be true to who they have been when it comes to the systems they are Researching and Developing for the future. So the Aegis WAS OLD and I thought we were wiping away everything the Undine know? However, It is a great construct and I would enjoy it at the top of the line equipment. KDF and ROM R&D should research different avenues with SIMILAR effects. The Aegis should have a varying Rom and KDF counterpart, as well with the consoles and the TR-116B Rifle. Offer something SIMILAR for Rom and KDF R&D and not the SAME thing to all Captains.

The last thing to note is what I mentioned earlier, Crafting is Commerce. I can offer you something that you cannot get yourself and you can offer me something I can not get myself, lets make a trade....

The basis of Crafting, or R&D as it were, is to promote yourself in one area of expertise in order to present items that others may not have the same access to. Again I argue that "Beam, Cannons, Shields and Ground Weapons" are not sutible Star Trek R&D School titles. And allowing EVERY captain access to EVERY school in R&D belittles what you have put into developing this system.

While what I have presented may not be applicable currently due to the timeline you guys have set for this to launch I hope you consider what I have presented to you for revisions down the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tiberius7picardtiberius7picard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The biggest concern I have at this point is simply this:

will wide-angle torpedo launchers be craftable?

My KDF and Romulan toons would like one of these for their larger vessels. Many of the other modifiers are interesting and the special items are really cool, but adding wide-angle torps to the Torpedo School would be highly appreciated.

Can anyone answer this question? Please, adjudicatorhawk!
    Lifetime Subscriber since October 31st, 2014
    Star Trek Online Captain since September, 2012
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is looking a lot more interesting. I shall retain my skeptical hat for the time being though.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I just don't understand why the beam unique weapon is polaron. Can anyone please answer me that? Personally, I think it should be Phaser for UFP, Disruptor for KDF, and Plasma for RR. It seems we are getting too many polarons these days.

It can be any energy type, Polaron was just the one we used for the picture.

~CaptainSmirk
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Question, if torpedoes get the [Arc] mod, will the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedoes from the Assault Cruiser Refit get upgraded to MkXII?
    Owners of the current TR116 Rifle should have them upgraded automatically to the TR116B or you are entirely missing the point behind these unique items and the entire system is a FAIL from the start.

Same goes for the AEGIS systems that people already own.
    I do believe all those owners would riot.

The TR-116B that you can craft does not have the TR-116A's capabilities. The Alpha does not require line of sight, it has the original's shoot through walls ability. The Bravo does not have that ability and requires actual line of sight.

And has been said on almost every page, the Aegis will be automatically upgrade to the very rare Mk XII version. The new system has an Ultra Violet rare MkXII however.
    astrorobla wrote: »
    Playing with the new system on Tribble I've come up with one thought on how to make the system more integrated with player choices and make career paths have a bit more meaning in context.

Would it not make sense if one's advancement in certain schools were more rapid depending on your career?

For example, imagine gaining a 20% skill bonus in 2 schools based on your career. For instance, science might confer a bonus in the Science and Shield schools, engineering could apply to Engineering and Projectiles, and Tac might supplement beams and cannons.

This would give a small but noticeable boost in advancement in specific areas and may provide more motivation to work on advancing more than one alt in crafting.

That's an excellent idea. Though engineers should get engineering and engines, while tacs get both weapons.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I stopped crafting due to the Dilithium Tax enforced on us. The new system doesn't allow me to do what I want to be able to do for me to even consider starting to craft again. This will be a fad that will burn bright and fast. Don't see how this system will make people want to come back for more. Levelling up 15 Ranks in 7 fields to be able to get back to the same level my current crafter is at? I don't think so. Merging crafting with the Dilithium store and leaving out the only weapons I use from the Dil Store... :rolleyes:

If we have had ample warning about this let's say 6 months ago when you probably started to work on it, that would have been good as we could have told you how to make a better system that will last longer. Before you put it in the game in a few weeks.
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mattachine wrote: »
    I stopped crafting due to the Dilithium Tax enforced on us. The new system doesn't allow me to do what I want to be able to do for me to even consider starting to craft again. This will be a fad that will burn bright and fast. Don't see how this system will make people want to come back for more. Levelling up 15 Ranks in 7 fields to be able to get back to the same level my current crafter is at? I don't think so. Merging crafting with the Dilithium store and leaving out the only weapons I use from the Dil Store... :rolleyes:

If we have had ample warning about this let's say 6 months ago when you probably started to work on it, that would have been good as we could have told you how to make a better system that will last longer. Before you put it in the game in a few weeks.

Could not agree with you more, mattachine. Just so that my ideas don't get buried in the thread, this is a repost of my original post back on page 68.
    azerdraco wrote: »
    Could not agree more. All that this "revamp" is is a rehash of a failed system.

TO ADJUDICATORHAWK and the rest of the devs working on this crafting system,

Please junk the pathetic "fixed item crafting" that has plagued STO forever.

The crafting system SHOULD be completely modular. Utilize the Doff system for creating schematics and individual "generic parts", then utilize those in separate crafting missions to create items.

The way that it SHOULD work is to have the player create a base common item, then add "tags" or "mods" to that item. This allows players to create gear that is in demand, as well as what they actually want to use.

It saves your dev team a lot of time as well, since all you have to code is the missions and "tag selection interface". New tags are easy to add, as you simply add them to the interface. There is no extra work in creating menus or items, unless the crafter can get bonuses on the numerical variables of his items.

Unique items then feel much more special, as they are the ones that actually get their own mission to create.

With this style of crafting system, you will have a system that can be updated at any time by simply adding tags to the system and linking the appropriate item as the reward.

With the system designed as per the news post, it will be obsolete as quickly as the original crafting system was.

Please, if you want to actually IMPROVE something, take this advice and make a crafting system that can be updated regularly, rather than a simple rehash of the same crafting system.

This following post was made on page 69.
    captaind3 wrote: »
    That would certainly help.

I am forced to agree, going fully modular is the way to go and even the one most supported by the game's back story. We have modular starships but not modular equipment?

It is the perfect boundary between Rep gear and dropped gear vs crafted gear. With crafted gear you get custom gear just how you want it. It's perfect and it's logical.

The crafting system shouldn't launch without this, though we don't know what business motivations you guys have over you.

AdjudicatorHawk, please do not release a shoddy system. If the suits are breathing down your neck, remind them that shoddy systems WILL lead to massive player losses. If the suits want people to keep pumping money into STO, then the game needs to have more going for it than "The Lockbox Ship of the Month".

Those of us that love this game, even with the flaws and bugs, beg you to stop the vicious cycle that has been the precedent. Fix it right the first time, and fix it so that you don't need to overhaul it again...
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Preemptively removed comment.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    azerdraco wrote: »
    Could not agree with you more, mattachine. Just so that my ideas don't get buried in the thread, this is a repost of my original post back on page 68.

This following post was made on page 69.

AdjudicatorHawk, please do not release a shoddy system. If the suits are breathing down your neck, remind them that shoddy systems WILL lead to massive player losses. If the suits want people to keep pumping money into STO, then the game needs to have more going for it than "The Lockbox Ship of the Month".

Those of us that love this game, even with the flaws and bugs, beg you to stop the vicious cycle that has been the precedent. Fix it right the first time, and fix it so that you don't need to overhaul it again...

I have to agree with you two also. DL devalues the crafting system completely and the new system is an even larger DL sink than the current one. If no one bothers with it, they will either have to change it or scrap it. Sadly, the dev team hasn't realized that a lack of things added to the original crafting system let that fade and the DL requirements further added the nails in the coffin for the current one.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • htingramhtingram Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm a bit PISSED that the Aegis set that was a universal set is now about to be converted to a MKXII and thus no longer universal. I would craft this set as a way to not have to keep assembling TRIBBLE onto a ship while leveling up. indeed I am using it now on lev 20 and 30 characters for little more then farming or storage, these are characters that I dont give two ****s about normally cause I do nothing with them except use them for farming marks or dilithium or faming MK VI purples to sell on the market. If they get to 30 I often delete them and craft a new set for a new lowbe. That your now removing the only truely universal set is once again a kick in the mouth NERF to those that PAY YOU to play instead of the free to play leeches. frankly this is the last draw, My suscription is done and I have zero reason to pay you a dime ever again. Just you remeber that as you go foward punishing those thaty have been loyal subscribers all these years that EARNED their reputation and sets by doing what you demanded we do, GRIND. Now you turn around and say your too powerful. I say then whats the point of reputation if we can not USE what we earned!?! And now your going to forceabily make a change to ageis set? Whats next removing all the crafted and Fleet and embasy kits from the perfect edition of the game cause we have & use them because we find your new kit system repugnat and clumsy? You have ruined this game, uterly and completly ruined it. ***** a great franchise and soiled it with dysfunction and illogical changes that do nothing but PUNISH players that played and paid, and reward those that are lazy and did nothing for years in the game but ***** that they had to grind reputation or spend money to attain lobi crystals to get gear they wanted. In the end your new crafting system adds nothing to the game worth while. Its the same TRIBBLE it had before but now less usable, and harder to achieve because of the requirment to have purple doffs within specialites. Not only that its not upgradeable to better crafting option in the future. you cant for instance UPGRADE gear you earned in reputation to have better stats through crafting specialties. Or down grade a MK level so a low lvel toon could use a similar item, or break down a drop for a reciepe to make it, or have a way to change a bound to a bound to account so another character on your account could use somethign you earned and used. Any of that at least would have been SOMETHING useful. This is just more garbage treatment as far as I am concerned. Start listening to those that are actually PAYING to play and not the idiots that are encouraging you down this road to a shut down of the game cause your driving away paying players with a fire hose.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Wow. My comment was deleted.

It wasn't disparaging to Cryptic or others, AFAIK.

I just pointed out that the F2P system drives development.
    That's not necessarily bad, obviously the game needs to make money.

A quick couple of points.

Discussing moderation is a non-no.

Secondly, you're not the only one who is wondering who is wandering about with a big eraser.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rinkster wrote: »

Secondly, you're not the only one who is wondering who is wandering about with a big eraser.

I think Cryptic is resorting to erasing messages as they appear that goes against the whole crafting revamp which is bad.
    edited July 2014
    I have to agree with you two also. DL devalues the crafting system completely and the new system is an even larger DL sink than the current one. If no one bothers with it, they will either have to change it or scrap it. Sadly, the dev team hasn't realized that a lack of things added to the original crafting system let that fade and the DL requirements further added the nails in the coffin for the current one.

I will give credit where it's due on one thing.

As far as I see two things killed the old crafting. The Dilithium cost first and foremost and from two angles, first the fact that it cost dilithium at all the second you could get almost all the gear from the Dilithium store for less dilithium. It was actually more expensive to craft.

Two, the fact that all of that crafted gear topped out at MkXI.

Then all the rep gear came at MkXII + Fleet Gear and you didn't even need a fork it was done like three day smoked barbecue, the meat just melted off the bone.

So I'll give them credit that the new crafting system at least goes to MkXII and has unique items wholly separate in abilities from established gear offering choice.

With the added features that will launch with the expansion especially mod selection we could have something nice. But modular construction should be the backbone to begin with.

As it stands now, it's a nice menu but the prices are terrible. Hawk has said that the dilithium costs are coming down so it's a wait and see about where they finish out. It's still not everything they could get out of a crafting system though.

htingram wrote: »
    I'm a bit PISSED that the Aegis set that was a universal set is now unto converted top a MKXII and thus no longer universal. I would craft this set as a way to not have to keep assembling TRIBBLE onto a ship while leveling up. indeed I am using it now on lev 20 and 30 characters for little more then farming, these are characters tht I dont give two ****s about normally cause I do nothing with them except use them for farming marks or dilithium or faming MK VI purples to sell on the market. If they get to 50 I often delete them and craft a new set for a new lowbe. That your now removing the only truely universal set is once again a kick in the mouth NERF to those that PAY YOU to play instad of the fre to play leeches. frankly this is the last draw, My suscription is done and I have zero reason to pay you a dime ever again. Just you remeber that as you go foward punishing those thaty have been loyal subscribers all these years that EARNED their reputation and sets by doing what yuou demanded we do, GRIND. Now you turn around and say your too powerful. I say then whats hte point of reputation if we can not USE what we earned!?! And now your going to frceabily make a change to ageis set? Whats next removing all the crafted and Fleet and embasy kits from the game cause we that have them find your new kit system repugnat? You hav ruined this game, uterly and completly ruined it. ***** a great franchise and soiled it with dysfunction and illogical changes that do noing but PUNISH players that played and paid, and rward those that are lazy and did nothing for years in teh game but ***** that they had to grind reputation or spend money to attain lobi crystals to get gear they wanted.

You know it's interesting as I never even considered that myself.

Most of the complaints I heard about the Aegis set was that it was inferior to the rest of the top sets in the game and indeed, the Aegis' stats were apparently Mk X.5, not even full MkXI.

Since I don't make that many characters using the Aegis as a leveler's set didn't dawn on me.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited July 2014
    I think Cryptic is resorting to erasing messages as they appear that goes against the whole crafting revamp which is bad.

You may say that, i couldn't possibly comment.

Except to say that, on the whole, I've been broadly supportive of the changes.

I have but one, concrete issue.

The randomness of result, coupled with five figure layout of dilithium.

I consider that a fundamentally poor piece of design.

However, I'm looking forward to the rest of it......provided I'm not required to gamble with multiple days worth of refined dilithium to do so.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Thanks for the heads up.
    captaind3 wrote: »
    You know it's interesting as I never even considered that myself.

Most of the complaints I heard about the Aegis set was that it was inferior to the rest of the top sets in the game and indeed, the Aegis' stats were apparently Mk X.5, not even full MkXI.

Since I don't make that many characters using the Aegis as a leveler's set didn't dawn on me.

That totally slipped my mine too. I did the exact same thing when I crafted the Aegis set: gave it to a new sci char to get going until Rep gear.

That appears to no longer be possible.

The poster may have been a bit emotional, but he has a good point.
    However, I'm looking forward to the rest of it......provided I'm not required to gamble with multiple days worth of refined dilithium to do so.

The one thing I do like is customizing modifiers. That and the omni beams.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • htingramhtingram Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The curent Ageis universal Set is best used for between lev 10 till about lev 30 then you go to Dominion sets. then at 50 start on reputation. but with the removal of MK XI reputation sets that last step is a little further away then it was before... Indeed we now can get a freee MK XI Reman Shield but never get the MK XI Engine and Deflector cause they removed them from the reputation system in favor of MK XII only versions.

AGEIS Universal sets were not great, they were not ment to be great but they were useful for those that maxed out their crafting cause for about 45k dil they could quickly craft a set for fleet mate or new lowbe of their own to use for a long period of time without needed to change it. Thats all it was good for. Now it just being turned into a crappy set with little use to no use. And those with it now will be STRIPPED of its ability to be used on lowbes. Thats just wrong. period!
    edited July 2014
    htingram wrote: »
    The curent Ageis universal Set is best used for between lev 10 till about lev 30 then you go to Dominion sets. then at 50 start on reputation. but with the removal of MK XI reputation sets that last step is a little further away then it was before... Indeed we now can get a freee MK XI Reman Shield but never get the MK XI Engine and Deflector cause they removed them from the reputation system in favor of MK XII only versions.

AGEIS Universal sets were not great, they were not ment to be great but they were useful for those that maxed out their crafting cause for about 45k dil they could quickly craft a set for fleet mate or new lowbe of their own to use for a long period of time without needed to change it. Thats all it was good for. Now it just being turned into a crappy set with little use to no use. And those with it now will be STRIPPED of its ability to be used on lowbes. Thats just wrong. period!

First I agree with the ability to use it as a leveling set totally.

I disagree with the idea that it wasn't great though. Before I was able to upgrade to MACO gear I used to tank pretty damn effectively in the full Aegis set, I still think it was an excellent investment. It would be nice if as a legacy feature you could still use the MkXII Aegis on lower level characters. I know, not gonna happen, but it would be nice.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I made a brief study of the new crafting system.

I like the idea of being able to fabricate a ominidirectional beam array in polaron and plasma damages.
    I might even make one in tetryon if I ever use a ship that has a tetryon based weapons layout.

The TR-116B might also be worth fabricating.
    I'd have to make several of those, one for each character (4 at the moment).

But I'm still hesitant about a few things.

1. How much useless vendor trash will I have to fabricate to reach level 15 in beams and ground weapons? And what will be the cost in materials, energy credits etc to do so?

2. I don't like the idea of timers. It'll already be a substantial investment of time even without the timers on the projects.

3. Catalysts.
    When I read that word, my brain went blank, needed to reinitialize and when it started back up, there were a lot of curse words involved!
    I am well familiar with that concept from Champions Online and it is the main reason I abandoned crafting in that game!
    I didn't like the idea of paying money to craft, that's what Catalysts are, you are buying items from C-Store to make your crafting better/more successful.
    You can be assured if Catalysts are required, then I will do exactly what I did in CO and avoid Crafting forever!

4. Practicality will result in focussed efforts.
    Given the amount of work involved, I will focus exclusively on only what I need to do in order to obtain the items I desire.
    Which means I will ignore everything except beams and ground weapons, because I won't have the resources to do all the crafting fields to maximum level.

Anyway, that's my feedback so far.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I love the smell of censorship in the morning.

But seriously - no news, no patch notes, no patch? Okay then.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, we were warned...

...and then notified that we hadn't properly heeded the warning...

...and yet there is still negative feedback to be found concerning the crafting system. If (*ahem* allegedly) there were missing posts, those posts might (*cough* allegedly) not be in compliance with what we were (*harumph* allegedly) told could or could not be posted (allegedly)?

You realize that it wasn't for saying crafting sucks. It was for the people who out and out insulted players and Cryptic themselves.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    I love the smell of censorship in the morning.

But seriously - no news, no patch notes, no patch? Okay then.

Sorry - on a cell phone, but patch notes don't come until 8 EDT
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sorry - on a cell phone, but patch notes don't come until 8 EDT

Hm, my bad. I thought I saw a post somewhere about Maintainence.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited July 2014
    tilarta wrote: »
    I made a brief study of the new crafting system.

I like the idea of being able to fabricate a ominidirectional beam array in polaron and plasma damages.
    I might even make one in tetryon if I ever use a ship that has a tetryon based weapons layout.

The TR-116B might also be worth fabricating.
    I'd have to make several of those, one for each character (4 at the moment).

But I'm still hesitant about a few things.

1. How much useless vendor trash will I have to fabricate to reach level 15 in beams and ground weapons? And what will be the cost in materials, energy credits etc to do so?

2. I don't like the idea of timers. It'll already be a substantial investment of time even without the timers on the projects.

3. Catalysts.
    When I read that word, my brain went blank, needed to reinitialize and when it started back up, there were a lot of curse words involved!
    I am well familiar with that concept from Champions Online and it is the main reason I abandoned crafting in that game!
    I didn't like the idea of paying money to craft, that's what Catalysts are, you are buying items from C-Store to make your crafting better/more successful.
    You can be assured if Catalysts are required, then I will do exactly what I did in CO and avoid Crafting forever!

4. Practicality will result in focussed efforts.
    Given the amount of work involved, I will focus exclusively on only what I need to do in order to obtain the items I desire.
    Which means I will ignore everything except beams and ground weapons, because I won't have the resources to do all the crafting fields to maximum level.

Anyway, that's my feedback so far.
    1. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17727031#post17727031
    This post should help you. Brace yourself though. Of course those results are subject to change.

2. The timers would be much easier to swallow without the dilithium costs.

3. They haven't even unveiled crafting here. I doubt anything besides people not buying them will convince them to lose the catalysts.

4. That sounds like a wise strategy, I'm going in on beams myself.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You realize that it wasn't for saying crafting sucks. It was for the people who out and out insulted players and Cryptic themselves.

Yes, if we were (*cough* allegedly) discussing moderation, which we are not, I may have been quoting the posts given to us by the devs (*snuffle* allegedly) outlining what we could and could not post, in response to some (*clears throat* alleged) concerns about (*clears throat a second time* allegedly) disappearing posts. If we were discussing the (*coughs again* allegedly) disappearing posts, those posts would not be (*ahem* allegedly) disappearing for negative feedback. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    3. Catalysts.
    When I read that word, my brain went blank, needed to reinitialize and when it started back up, there were a lot of curse words involved!...

In the Podcast at Priority One, Al Rivera said that he thinks the highest level catalyst adds 50.

So with the 33% max to crit on an item, plus the highest level catalyst, we would end up with about 83% crit chance.

If the "cap" does not allow catalysts to go past 33% (or some other hard cap number) then it would only be useful to bring us up to cap if we had a lower skill.

Note: There are two spots to add catalysts on the item, so 133% chance to crit?
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    digby1957 wrote: »
    Junk the poor attempt at a crafting revamp and go over to Dark Age of Camelot and learn from their crafting system then come back and try again.....just saying :P
    If the DA of C wiki is any indication.... it's not widely liked in that game... and expensive.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bombassdmbbombassdmb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I have the same question. I have read that there will be no Dilithium required to craft items MK X and below. Is this in fact the case? And will this be an efficient way of leveling up in the crafting schools even if it is not the fastest? I would like to save the Dilithium to craft items I am going to want/use.

Edit: Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I have neither the time nor patience to read through 75 pages of posts...would be nice if we had a FAQ blog in the near future.
    SRS Fleet Recruiter
    Please feel free to contact me in game (@BombAssDMB) for information on the
    SPECIAL RECONNAISSANCE SQUADRON or visit our website: http://www.srs-fleet.net/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    bombassdmb wrote: »

Edit: Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I have neither the time nor patience to read through 75 pages of posts...would be nice if we had a FAQ blog in the near future.

Sadly, a predictable artefact of the latest fad of compiling all threads into one.
  • bombassdmbbombassdmb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sadly, a predictable artefact of the latest fad of compiling all threads into one.

What happened to each Blog getting its own thread? Is the internet running out of room or something? I'm sure we can put some of those cat pictures in storage somewhere right??
    SRS Fleet Recruiter
    Please feel free to contact me in game (@BombAssDMB) for information on the
    SPECIAL RECONNAISSANCE SQUADRON or visit our website: http://www.srs-fleet.net/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    bombassdmb wrote: »
    What happened to each Blog getting its own thread? Is the internet running out of room or something? I'm sure we can put some of those cat pictures in storage somewhere right??

It seems to be a new policy.

Although, to what end, is rather unclear.