test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    velrenn wrote: »
    People have already begun using their unmelting snowballs to knock people off their powerboards on Risa. Way to go!

Oh man, that sounds like they turned the race into Mario Kart.

If they add banana peels too that would be the best.
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    velrenn wrote: »
    Edit: by the way, this part of the patch notes:

"Party Poppers, Subspace Party Amplifiers, Unmelting Snowballs, and Breen Biothermal Dampeners can now be used on Risa."

People have already begun using their unmelting snowballs to knock people off their powerboards on Risa. Way to go!

Good, something to make the race more fair for those who can't afford a superior board. Now it's more like Mariokart. :D
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh man, that sounds like they turned the race into Mario Kart.

If they add banana peels too that would be the best.

lego racers, used to use the grappling hook to tow myself to a distance racer, stop him in his tracks and take the lead by a substantial margin. but thats when i was a kid before the sim racing days.

put down oil slicks, rocket boosters for the racer car. firing a heat seeking rocket, nails and such. such nostalgia.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    Good, something to make the race more fair for those who can't afford a superior board. Now it's more like Mariokart. :D

Yeah, really more fair... lol.. :confused:

We should add just mini guns to all power boards, THAT will be fair.. lol.

So, cryptic cant make a realistic hoverboard race, so they need to convert it to a joke.. lol. I love it xD.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iconians wrote: »

Ooh, I got an upgrade from "Major Obvious". Thanks! ;)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    interesting just finished the day on the game, my last race i had no boosters at all but i was still in the fight for victory. as far as boosters go; the ones in the water you run over with the red arrows and the ramps. had none of these at all. so yeah, just want to make sure that is helpful if at all.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, really more fair... lol.. :confused:

We should add just mini guns to all power boards, THAT will be fair.. lol.

So, cryptic cant make a realistic hoverboard race, so they need to convert it to a joke.. lol. I love it xD.

By combining "realistic" and "hoverboard"... you mean like this?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • mephistocularmephistocular Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Everyone is unanimous that the race flags are a horrible idea. Numerous times I park myself at the event, and still have to wait for the popup. A lot of the time, other players grab it before the popup even comes for me.

Sometimes, it somehow doesn't register that I clicked "Join Race" and I end up going around the track and it doesn't even allow me to complete.

Why do it this way? It makes no sense and only adds an element of needless stupidity so that the person who wins the race doesn't necessarily win. Is there anything cool about that? Please, fix this and stop trying to pass this lame TRIBBLE off as a fun minigame. The sand castle TRIBBLE and flying the peal courses 50 times are already lame enough. Seriously.
  • mephistocularmephistocular Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The race:

* when you ride over the arrows, they sometimes work and sometimes don't.

* when you jump the ramps, it sometimes gives a speed boost and sometimes not with no real logic behind it

* the end flag is atrocious and sometimes the popup doesn't come for several seconds allowing people behind you to win even though you actually won. It's a horrible mechanic and frankly just lazy programming

Sand castles:

* Rewards so low that no one is doing this

* Building variety of things doesn't really give extra bonus. There may have been a one-time bonus for trying all varieties but it was meager

Flying:

* It's fine, just making it the only way to earn pearls is completely tedious and makes the other actions sort of pointless
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The race:

* when you jump the ramps, it sometimes gives a speed boost and sometimes not with no real logic behind it

There is a logic, you get a boost if it was not given to another person that was closely in front or behind you. Game seams not to be able to handle keeping track of persons position at each time interval so it only register one person, and that is probably why we have that awful mechanism with flags at goal. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • draogndraogn Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The events are boring, the grinds are ridiculous. To top it off most of the rewards can only be used on Risa, which makes them useless. How about giving us letting us at least wear the swimsuits everywhere? That would at least make them some what worth the mindless grind.
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    draogn wrote: »
    The events are boring, the grinds are ridiculous. To top it off most of the rewards can only be used on Risa, which makes them useless. How about giving us letting us at least wear the swimsuits everywhere? That would at least make them some what worth the mindless grind.

Agreed. It also gets new players lost.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2014

If enjoying the environment of Risa and doing the events because they are fun is boring to you, then there's no reason for you to bother visiting Risa, is there? And, since you aren't going to be visiting Risa, why would you want to wear a swimsuit in the first place? Lastly, why would you say something is a mindless grind if you'd be doing it anyway for fun if you enjoy being on Risa in the first place?

I think the main problem here is people thinking about the rewards first and foremost instead of enjoying the activities on their own with the rewards as a nice add-on. This is about -relaxing-, not grinding. If you are only interested in the rewards, you probably will find Risa pretty boring and mindless, so there's no reason for you to take away time from things you will find more enjoyable in other parts of the galaxy. Everything that was there before the event on Risa started is still there, so if you don't find the event fun, you probably won't lose anything that would be important to you by not participating.

My own opinion.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    danqueller wrote: »
    If enjoying the environment of Risa and doing the events because they are fun is boring to you, then there's no reason for you to bother visiting Risa, is there? And, since you aren't going to be visiting Risa, why would you want to wear a swimsuit in the first place?
    It's an MMOrpg. MMOs are about grinding for items etc. The swimsuits would also give more options to the player in the tailor if they were implemented properly. Now that is something I hold out some hope for. In the meantime, it does no real harm to have them ready just in case. If you don't want to use them, you could always sell them on the exchange for EC at a later date, no?

Lastly, why would you say something is a mindless grind if you'd be doing it anyway for fun if you enjoy being on Risa in the first place?

Read above comment. I.e. "It's an MMO, MMOs are about grinding".
    I think the main problem here is people thinking about the rewards first and foremost instead of enjoying the activities on their own with the rewards as a nice add-on. This is about -relaxing-, not grinding. If you are only interested in the rewards, you probably will find Risa pretty boring and mindless, so there's no reason for you to take away time from things you will find more enjoyable in other parts of the galaxy. Everything that was there before the event on Risa started is still there, so if you don't find the event fun, you probably won't lose anything that would be important to you by not participating.

My own opinion.

Hey buddy, this is an MMO and MMOs are mostly about grinding for items. Funnily enough basically all of the stuff on risa is to grind for items, ships or rep marks. ;)
    I don't find the event fun, in fact I dislike the sheer grind-fest it is but I want the items and the ships which is why I take part and it is why I imagine the vast majority of people will suffer through it.

"My own opinion."
    I need a beer.

• cwrichesonzenocwrichesonzeno Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like to see more seasonal events incorporate STO gameplay. While running races is a neat idea, I enjoy the Star Trek fun of firing a disruptor pistol or launching a photon torpedo. In the future, I would appreciate it if even a simple set of events were attached to these holiday events. As it stands I just find the Risa content to be too dull to play, and the Lobi cost for the ships to simply be too high. The Winter event, no doubt to being older, has much more diverse content though it, too, could stand to use a ship mission.
    edited June 2014

The events are boring, but thats only because the rewards are so expensive that makes you wonder what the hell i am doing. Just for gathering 1 decent swimsuit for , lets say for 4 or 5 toons you must grind almost 10 days to say the least. The event is not even 2 months lenght. So, if you plan to gather 2 swimsuits for 6 characters.. that is all you get. And unless you spent several hours a day grinding in Risa (because you need to login the next hour to catch the hunting horgans event again) you cant achieve that. And i am not saying anything about the superior floaters, the hoverboards.. etc.

I am not in favor of allowing swimsuits outside Risa, not as regular outfits at least, but what i dont get it is, why the hell they are so expensive if they are limited to Risa. Its ridiculous.

Now, as everybody said, grinding is part of an mmorpg, i agree that cryptic is just too lazy to release original, well made and different events or stuff, but this is what you get. Its better to enjoy what you have that expect things to change.
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like the addition of the promenade.

I like the powerboards, but dislike that you made it mandatory to rent/own a powerboard to just compete in the race. I wonder if this is foreshadowing of a change in the winter event too.

The older events are still fun.

The sand castle event is fun, but terrible implementation allowing so few locations to build sand castles. Also, the reward versus time investment ratio is horrid ... even during bonus time.

Of course there are a few other positives regarding the Summer event, but none top the best most courteous to us players: the generous affording of 40 pearls for a ship if already owning that ship for our other characters.

Thank you & Risa is still fun :-)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    • Bird Egg drop rate sucks alot. It needs to be increased OR made a daily reward for your first Lolnut Hunt instead of the 25 bonus Lolnuts.
    • Powerboard race is a G-damn nightmare of bugs, pay-to-win boards, and idiotic finish line mechanic.
    • Dance contest is torture. I'm going to call the U.N. about the Geneva Convention breaches.
    • Sandcastles is worst reward giving event ever devised in human history.
    • Flying High is ok, but only because you know it has an end point.
    • The Alt friendly 'only need 40 pearls to get ship' is freaking awesome! Copy that for Winter event please.
    • Swimsuits on Risa only... Ok, I can live w/ that, but the price of the suits should be 50-100 not 500-1000 to counter the limited use.
    • Bird/Monkey raising should be 20hr cooldown, not 24 hrs.
    • Monkey tags should be sold by vendor for 50 lolnuts for 6. (same for a single bird egg, not 150)
    Or leave all prices the same but give LTS members a 50% discount. :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Kind of late to be asking, but was there a swimwear beta test? because I saw peps with swimwear on Risa before the event started.
  • lise5lise5 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i wish that next time that you can swimming ability having like other MMORPG do have it...

i hope that they more bugs problems solving and please the swimsuits on lower price it is to much -_-!
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    While I have been somewhat disenchanted with some of Cryptic's recent mod decisions, I have to give credit where it is due, and Risa has been a mostly pleasurable experience for me (much better than the Winter Event). Yes, the favor hunting is a grind, but we are so easily distracted by all the pretty toys! I could have filled my alt's DOff rosters with Risans by now if the swimwear and other toys weren't so much fun. Besides, it did take quite a while to get 4 'toons through the many accolades to qualify for the best DOffs.

I will be both sad & relieved to see this event come to a close, and we are left with the classic beach. Hopefully, we can still break out our swimwear, and use our mobile toys to get around... :confused:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did not know about this. Should have come here sooner.

To be blunt, this is the second time the Summer Event has caused me to lose interest in STO for a good month or so. The prize ships are still shiny but otherwise uninteresting, the events are fun but meaningless, and the scenery is well constructed and looks good but again, the novelty is ultimately short-lived when i'm trying to get as many favors as possible.

My biggest complaint is the price of things. Specifically the swimwear. The amount being asked, for Risa-only items? It'd be daylight robbery if it were real money. If you're going to restrict the swimwear to Risa during the Summer Event (which encompasses maybe three weeks to a month, out of the entire year) then it should be free - as in, totally free; no currency price tag attached at all. I don't mind paying for my Winter Coats during the winter event since I can use them all the time. But seriously, charging any type of currency for the swimwear was a monstrous mistake. It was probably the thing that drove me away from STO again - I couldn't enjoy fooling around with fleet mates or concentrate on running the race because in the back of my mind, I knew i'd have to spend every waking hour grinding for meagre Favor payouts to get even the most basic of clothing items - that would then be useless once the event ended.

Still, as much as I have slated the event, there are some lessons to be learned for when it comes to this year's Christmas Event. Most notably, expansion is always a good thing. And queueing is always a bad thing. The one thing I can say I liked about the Summer Event is that for the pearls race, I didn't have to queue and wait for other players to start before I could start, and not have to worry about rude people queue-barging.

Food for thought.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think the addition of the Risian DOffs was probably the best part of this year's Summer Event - I'm not fond of races, have no desire to grind for ships and don't care for single-map-only swimwear - and I hope to see them not only return next summer, but bring along some friends (that is, more DOffs to buy) too.

That and the Tropical Bird Eggs - since they're gathered during the Horga'hn Hunt for Favors that are used to buy DOffs, they're easy to collect and the marks are a big help.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited July 2014
    I think the addition of the Risian DOffs was probably the best part of this year's Summer Event - I'm not fond of races, have no desire to grind for ships and don't care for single-map-only swimwear - and I hope to see them not only return next summer, but bring along some friends (that is, more DOffs to buy) too.

That and the Tropical Bird Eggs - since they're gathered during the Horga'hn Hunt for Favors that are used to buy DOffs, they're easy to collect and the marks are a big help.

I dont think any of the doffs of Risa is worthy. 500 or 1000 favors for 1 pur doff??? lol. I rather prefer to waste EC in the exchange when i need a specific doff, than using favors to buy em. Instead, i will use favors to buy eggs (if i am sort of em) and use eggs to raise birds to trade for marks.

In fact thats the only thing im doing, basically collecting eggs and favors. All with the purpose of gathering a lot of marks. Doffs?? bleh.. lol.
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    unikon wrote: »
    Finishing the race is easy. CLAIMING the damned flag at the end is the problem.

There is no other video game in the WORLD that requires you to grab a flag to be considered finished in a race.

And no, I'm not calming down. I'm going to raise all hell until the POS is fixed. This is beyond lazy.
    I feel with you. As I encountered the "grab the flag" stuff in the winter event, I thought "Okay, this is Q's idea, so I guess I'll have to deal with it." Cause kicking Q's butt has proven to be at least difficult.
    But seeing this again on Risa... OMFG. :eek:
    I was actually thinking about yelling: "Come out, Q! I know you're here! There's no need to hide!"

Besides the fact that the race is labeled wrong. There is no kind of competition in this race.
    In an actual competetive race, I would know why I didn't finish first - I made a mistake during the race and someone else didn't.
    But this race is almost like playing Dabo... Except you don't have to place a bet. Luckily.
    No matter how good your start has been, no matter how good you get around the corners, you'll never know if you get in first or not. Unless it's over and you have grabbed the "Finish Race" flag.
    Other players fly past you as if you got a lower board than they have - even though the label on your board says "superior". And as far as I can tell, there aren't any better boards out there. Those random boosts aren't of help, either. You can't tell if you get one or not - if someone's near you, it's the others who usually recieve it. (Both boosts, the one from jumping as well as the other one, provided by these arrow-thingies...)
    These issues are a fun-killer for me.

Is there a chance we get unique bridges for our risian ships?
    I was quite disappointed to see that the cruiser also has a standard bridge.

And I have to agree with other voices here about the price tags for the swimsuits... If a swimsuit costs as much as a superior floater/powerboard, I'd expect to see GPL-applications on it. And maybe a built-in air mattress... ;)

Would be nice if you could fix this for next year's summer event.

Even though I have some complaints, I still think the ideas you had for the new content are good. They just need a little tweaking.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • thunder9656thunder9656 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have REALLY enjoyed this year's summer event. Keep it up! THank you for keeping the Ornithologist as I got to "upgrade" some birds from last year's event.

I would suggest one thing: there seemed to be a great deal of "rubberbanding" when I competed in the surf race. I am not sure if that is my racing ability or something that the developers/programmers can fix.

Otherwise, good job everyone.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Overall, I've enjoyed the Risa festival this year. Let's break it down into its components;

Powerboard race:
    I've enjoyed the powerboard races. I just upgraded to superior boards, so most of my comments apply while racing with standard or enhanced boards.

Occasionally I'd place when I shouldn't. When I'm on an enhanced board, and 6 people are on superior boards, I shouldn't come in 2nd. Especially when I got hung up on a rock taking a turn. This happened more than once.
    If I'm following a bunch of people on superior boards, I'd lose scenery. In bad cases, I'd just follow the people ahead of me, with no clue what was around me. Eventually, when they got far enough ahead of me, the scenery would come back.
    If I was in a pack, who got boosts would be random.
    The race gives both favors and monkey tags. It also occurs between events, attracting everyone on a shard. I have 2 characters with 40+ monkey tags, who still race for the favors. It'd be nice to have something else going on at the same time as the race, to attract the people who are mostly after favors. That'd give people who really want the tags a better chance to place.
    The race was a lot more forgiving than the winter race. Thank you!
    The only faction board that I really liked was the KDF one. Nice to see them getting the cool stuff for a change.
    Even when I had a standard board, and no effective chance of winning, I still had fun.

Flying High:
    Nicest grind I've experienced. I ran 3 characters through to 1,000 pearls just because. (I know about the sponsorships. I'm now really prepared for next year!)

Sandcastles: It's occasionally fun, but the rewards aren't worth it to do regularly. I usually use sandcastle time to do some doffing.

Dance Party: The instructors don't do some of the dances they call out.

Har(mumble) Hunt: I know that the odds of getting an egg haven't changed, but it feels like it. At the beginning, when I was on leave, and grinding Risa like mad, I'd be lucky to get an egg a day. Now 2 of my 3 characters have more than 5 eggs each. (One has 10.) The slacker only has 4 eggs in reserve.

Swimwear: I didn't buy any 1000 favor suits. I guess that I'm OK with the prices. There is an graphics issue with the bikini bottom, but it's not very noticeable. (Once it was brought to my attention, it was hard to unsee.) It would be nice to have a swimsuit be the default outfit or Risa, rather than have to switch back every time I return.

DOFFS: Woo! Cheap blue and purple doffs. I'm not sure that I'll actually put them on active duty.

Ornithologist/Monkey Trainer: Yay, more cheap marks!

Overall, I've enjoyed the event this year. There was plenty to do, and a ton of stuff to buy. A player would be hard pressed to buy everything without grinding insanely for favors.

Things that I'd change for next year:
    No special time for sandcastles, and increase the reward to 10 per run. (That's a max of 40/char/hour.)
    Double up the powerboard race with something else, maybe a hoverpack race.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What I liked most about the event was the account-wide discount for the ships if we already unlocked them on one chracter. I strongly support this to be the case for Winter and Anniversary events as well. Heck, anything to lessen the grind on alt characters is always appreciated.

Sadly, nothing else really kept me interested in the event. I did all the accolades and such last year, so there wasn't really much point in flying around the island. In generall, I think there's too little to do there in the long run...

I'm not a fan of time-gating events, especially since there's yet another grind involved in the form of collecting Favors. Only the Horgahn hunt is worth the time, while other activities just reward too little, especially considering you can't do them at your leisure.

Not to mention, the activities get boring really fast - especially the dancing "minigame".

Sand castles were a decent idea, but the rewards are laughable, and making a 15min "event" just for 3 bonus Favors is simply a waste of time.

What's more, the Pay/Grind-to-Win PvP race was a disaster. It would be a great minigame if it didn't involve paying for clearly better powerboards and having to catch the flag at the end. Once I realised I have to get a better (expensive) powerboard just to remain competitive I dropped the whole event alltogether and didn't even bother with the accolades.

So in the end once I got my ships I completely forgot about Risa. I could have stayed there if there were more activities available at all times. At current state I can't really be bothered to wait for a particular event to start. It would be better if they were an addition to some wider range of missions or dailies, but sadly that's not the case.

And Cryptic, we know you like money and you'd like to monetize people not willing to grind, but really, increase the Favor rewards next year. Personally I'd suggest adding unique Duty Officer Assignments to Risa, similarly to Winter Event.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • fuzzyjedifuzzyjedi Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. Swimwear costs are just absolutely dumb. I'm actually glad I don't run a female character, as the completionist in me would want all the variants and it's insane to pay those prices for an outfit only useable one month out of the year.

2. Fix the Risian cruiser engine trails! No matter what glow color I select, no matter whether I pick 2 or 3 engines, red glow trails bleed in with half of the regular impulse trails. Nacelle trails seem to be unaffected. A custom bridge/interior would be super-lovely, perhaps one making use of the recreational area at the top of the ship where we could use our floaters and powerboards.

3. Sandcastle rewards are nigh-on meaningless, which is sad because it's a neat little activity. 2 favors off-bonus, 5 on is just not worth doing once the accolades are done.

4. I second the motion to add seasonal-themed doff assignments to Risa's resort like the winter event. It may sound silly but it's a nice little bit of immersion to send my minions off to a snowball fight while I deal with Q's whims.

5. Maybe give us a way to trade in lower-grade floaters/powerboards for some kind of credit towards the nicer/newer models? Like say, giving up a blue floater from last year as credit towards an orange one this year.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a level 13 KDF aligned Romulan. I can get to the Sirius sector block, but don't get the option to go to Risa. (I even have raiding party.) Any idea when this'll open up. (And how about having the Risan person in the command center give out accurate information.) When I try to enter Sirius space, I get the "You must advance further..." message.

Edit:
    Looks like level 14's the magic level.