Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Regarding the Risa Luxury Cruiser...

Could someone at Cryptic (Trendy or ? ) please fix the "crusier" typo in the Arc client and STO launcher content?

I've been encountering typos in-game lately. (Refreshed Borg content.) No offense, but a bit more quality control would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • Options
    ferlumferlum Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know what to think about swimwear, have few sense buy they except for collection.

Yes, they are expensive because number of hours to get one, only can be usable in this planet and must use free costume slots (150 zen each slot) or forget another outfit for a time. Really you think have sense use your time to get 7500 favors for only one month and wait until next year? Is what you need for all women collection.

Agree to be only to Risa planet wearable.. I dont like see everywhere non-girlfriend/wife guys with their bikinis. ;) People must know what to wear where they are. Or use Orion characters. Still swimwear are too much expensive.

In this point i must think , again, who is leading summer and winter events. I think have no women there.
    I'm not happy only using one bikini. Is boring and need wear clean dresses. I know guys are diferent and can use few ones. Women no.
    About winter event... Maybe you like big girls happy with meal around and happy to eat a lot in short time.

Please change some things in next summer/winter events

Tip to know how is swimwear: Loot at vacationists
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Hunt can be completed without the Floater whereas the Daily requires it.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Plus didn't Tacofangs post once that its more complicated to do a ship interior than to do a whol ship (especially if you're doing a whole ship, not just a bridge), and its effort for something few people ever use? Certainly an interior would have been nice, but I can't really blame the business decision of not spending the additional resources on it.

Yes I do recall something said to that effect. But is this really the case? Let us apply logic and decide...

The statement was made to the effect that the Devs don't want to spend resources on interiors because they are not often used. If this statement is accurate, which I do not feel it is, but for sake of argument we will assume it is, then the next logical question is "Why are interiors not often used?". The answer to this question is simple: because there is little to do in them.

This would suggest an obvious correlation between the amount of features in an interior, and the amount of time it/they are used. For example, I see interiors such as the D'Kora, Freighter, Cell Ship, and the like used a great deal. Why? Because they have extra features and amenities. This supports the argument that the amount of time an interior is used is proportional to the number of amenities and features that it has access to.

So, this puts us in the proverbial logistical "Catch 22", as it were.

Based on the above, logic would suggest that interiors would be used more if they were made as something with features of something to do or somewhere to go, however this is not being done on a large scale. Why?

Again we have two possible solutions: the current design team, or whomever is in charge of this facet, is either A. unable to do this, or B. unwilling to do this.

As we have precedent in features and amenities in other bridges, starbases and the like, it is clearly able to be done. Therefore solution A is invalid.

This leaves us with option B. The reasons of which it is not my place to speculate on, whatever they may be, as that is not my place. However this seems the only logical conclusion, and an unfortunate one, at that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It all goes back to the argument about why the poker tables in our lounges don't actually play poker. The argument against that was, to paraphrase, "because no one goes to the interiors".

Well...the solution is mind-numbingly simple: if there was something like poker to DO in the interiors, they would be used. A lot. To state that no resources will be spent on interiors because no one uses them actually perpetuates the stated problem, as opposed to solving it.

Signed,

Vice Admiral Tavok
    House of the Immortal Ones
    Commanding V.S.S. T'Plana-Hath
    Vulcan D'Kyr Class
    Research and science vessel
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, I have been thinking about the swimwear and how it was impemented into the game.

They decided to limit the use of swimwear to Risa and made an additional outfit category for it too. Now I personally find the swimwear to be quite expensive for such limited use.

Not to mention that it is quite odd to allow every "inappropriate" off-duty item to be used everywhere but somehow draw the line at swimwear that is not even more revealing than some other clothing options in the game.

I would like a little consistency when it comes to handling off-duty items. Make all of them wearable only on social maps, meaning all maps except mission/combat maps. That should apply to swimwear too. If some people want to run around on DS9 in swimwear, let them for Q's sake.

Other games haven't imploded for not having limitations on even the silliest outfits. For example, in The Secret World you can freely run around in just a Speedo and a Jester's Cap, fighting zombies, werewolves, demons and people with automated guns. The world hasn't ended yet.

It is also sad that outside of the event, KDF characters have no maps to use their expensive swimwear on, while Fed characters can at least stand around on Risa with nothing to do (Yay, nothing !).

:(
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nagash2 wrote: »
    It all goes back to the argument about why the poker tables in our lounges don't actually play poker. The argument against that was, to paraphrase, "because no one goes to the interiors".

Well...the solution is mind-numbingly simple: if there was something like poker to DO in the interiors, they would be used. A lot. To state that no resources will be spent on interiors because no one uses them actually perpetuates the stated problem, as opposed to solving it.

Thanks for pointing that out again. I noticed a senior dev use the first excuse for why no work was done on interiors, and it boggles the mind at how dismissive that is. The lack of interest in interiors is directly a result of the lack of work being done on them. Tell me an exclusive ship-interior function other than doff assignments, a handful of lame trophies and the intelligence console.

You put in the work first, and then you will see interiors being used more.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    So, I have been thinking about the swimwear and how it was impemented into the game.

They decided to limit the use of swimwear to Risa and made an additional outfit category for it too. Now I personally find the swimwear to be quite expensive for such limited use.

Not to mention that it is quite odd to allow every "inappropriate" off-duty item to be used everywhere but somehow draw the line at swimwear that is not even more revealing than some other clothing options in the game.

I would like a little consistency when it comes to handling off-duty items. Make all of them wearable only on social maps, meaning all maps except mission/combat maps. That should apply to swimwear too. If some people want to run around on DS9 in swimwear, let them for Q's sake.

Other games haven't imploded for not having limitations on even the silliest outfits. For example, in The Secret World you can freely run around in just a Speedo and a Jester's Cap, fighting zombies, werewolves, demons and people with automated guns. The world hasn't ended yet.

It is also sad that outside of the event, KDF characters have no maps to use their expensive swimwear on, while Fed characters can at least stand around on Risa with nothing to do (Yay, nothing !).

:(

Agreed. The swimwear should either be dirt cheap, or available to use anywhere. As it stands it's really not worth the price tag, especially for KDF toons.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for pointing that out again. I noticed a senior dev use the first excuse for why no work was done on interiors, and it boggles the mind at how dismissive that is. The lack of interest in interiors is directly a result of the lack of work being done on them. Tell me an exclusive ship-interior function other than doff assignments, a handful of lame trophies and the intelligence console.

You put in the work first, and then you will see interiors being used more.

Exactly. I agree completely, and precedent shows this to be true. Interiors with increased functionality are used more than those without.
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited June 2014
    Anyone care to explain me why should I grind or pay for things that are locked on risa when we all know that most of the time we stay on esd or Qnos?I like the ship,outfits and hoveboards but I really dont see why should I get them....btw I don't buy that "swimwear and hoverboards on esd is not canon"....lots of things are not canon
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Anyone care to explain me why should I grind or pay for things that are locked on risa when we all know that most of the time we stay on esd or Qnos?I like the ship,outfits and hoveboards but I really dont see why should I get them....btw I don't buy that "swimwear and hoverboards on esd is not canon"....lots of things are not canon

It's OPTIONAL. If you don't want to do it...then don't do it. But don't post some childish stuff like "anyone care to explain to me....". Comes off very badly.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are the sand castle buildings timed? I tried building a couple of times during the event this morning and it failed on the second building part each time. I gave up! A daily race to grind for pearls with the hoverboards would have been nice. The PvP hoverboard race also seems a bit unfair to those who don't have thet ime to grind out 1000 favors to get the high end board. The flying around things from last year are okay but a bit of variety wouldn't hurt. There is so much empty beach around the main island and yet the sand castle building spots are only around the resorts. I hope they add more of these.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    nccmark wrote: »
    It's OPTIONAL. If you don't want to do it...then don't do it. But don't post some childish stuff like "anyone care to explain to me....". Comes off very badly.

no it comes off very badly when you post bs.Anyone as in a person that can actually explain not some random person who has no idea what a mmo event is.Btw that ship can be used in pvp so its as optional as the IQ test when making an account on these forums.
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Ships can be used anywhere.
    Swimwear is just an aseathic for off duty. Good for roleplaying on Risa but not much else.
    The Hoverboard is good for getting what you need to get your feathered Monkey Pet that can go anywhere. It's a means to an end. Only useful if you like collecting the various pets.

As in all things, the usefulness or desirability of things or actions are purely personal. No one here can ever convince you otherwise. You have to make that choice and detirmine what is fun. So decide, but don't tell us. Because that has no bearing on your choice or ours. It's just annoying.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I have lots of things in my various banks and inventories that I can't use everywhere....or sometimes even at all.

The floaters, boards and swimsuits are just nice things to have, if they're the sort of thing you think is a nice thing to have.

Otherwise, they need have no bearing on your gameplay whatsoever. Fleet action and STF queues are still popping, albeit a little slower. Go, have fun.

It all depends on how you approach the game.

And whatever approach you choose, is perfectly valid for you.

A min maxer will, rightly from their pov, see nothing that will improve their ship here and then wander off to do something useful.

A player, such as myself, might spend a lot of time on Risa doing nothing constructive at all, just exploring and trying out jumps on my powerboard.

Neither of us are wrong, neither right. We're just doing the part of this big game we enjoy.

So, go, find something that speaks to you. Powerboards dont have to.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    so conclusion is theres no reason at all to participate in the summer event.

Well sometimes they should invest in game content not in pointless optional stuffs.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    so conclusion is theres no reason at all to participate in the summer event.

Well sometimes they should invest in game content not in pointless optional stuffs.

Incorrect.

In Conclusion, it seems that you find no reason to participate while others do.
    And they didn't invest in pointless optional stuff, only in stuff you are not interested in. Others are enjoying the stuff and so they spent thier time effectively. There are enough people doing the Event to consider it a success and not a waste of thier time.

Instead of trying to rain on every parade that you don't like, go play what you do like and quite being negative on th forums. Please?
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)

• Options
    chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Loving this event.

Started with the loaner floater. The thing just switches off after 15 mins ish. Even had a discussion on one of the instances about if you can die from falling . Thanks for the memory of that chat.

My fleet helped me to get the enhanced floater and i couldnt be happier, finished the even with 4 mins to spare today with the enhanced floater. Nice touch on the look of the floaters. I havent tried the pearl event with my new floater, but i guess its going to be hectic sweet.

Got all my toons (3) their own basic floaters. Wish there was a way to trade in the older one for a few luhlats, but no dice.

Seriously . Its my first Risa event and I am loving it to bits.

As for the yachts that you can get with the pearls. Im not deeply in the mood to have one so not grinding to have it in my inventory . I like my oddy and scimitars.

Great job guys . I might not want to leave at the end of the event.

Thanks.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sisteric wrote: »
    Incorrect.

In Conclusion, it seems that you find no reason to participate while others do.
    And they didn't invest in pointless optional stuff, only in stuff you are not interested in. Others are enjoying the stuff and so they spent thier time effectively. There are enough people doing the Event to consider it a success and not a waste of thier time.

Instead of trying to rain on every parade that you don't like, go play what you do like and quite being negative on th forums. Please?

ok so make all things in that event not usable in the game.Why should those ships work in pvp if the entire event is optional?All the items there should be locked for Risa system so that would make the entire event a true optional event.

Also it would be nice if they would invest the money in game content for everyone not only for those who like to grind for stuffs for a specific map.If people support this trend they will start making events for each map in this game.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ok so make all things in that event not usable in the game.Why should those ships work in pvp if the entire event is optional?All the items there should be locked for Risa system so that would make the entire event a true optional event.

Also it would be nice if they would invest the money in game content for everyone not only for those who like to grind for stuffs for a specific map.If people support this trend they will start making events for each map in this game.

Sorry, but I'm just not following your logic at all.

Why should it be an all or nothing?

Why do you seem to be stuck on the idea that the ship is somehow necessary for PvP?

It's just a fancy looking cruiser, thats all.

Sorry, crusier, apparently thats the official designation.

You seem to think that, because the ships can be used in PvP, you need them.

Haven't flown the crusier yet, but the corvette while nice is not some game breakingly good ship.

Go to risa if you want, or not.

You're not missing out on anything you actually need.

Although, I do think that sometimes theres value in just wandering around doing nothing.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Why do you care? WHat does it matter if you can use things in Risa or not? You are already under the impression that there is nothing in it for you, so move along and quit talking about it, GO do something else.

As for the ships, they can be used anywhere that any other ship can go. If you like to collect ships, then go get it. Otherwise, don't worry about. Be happy that you are going were YOU think the fun is. And let everybody else who is having fun on Risa have thier fun.

Again, why must you rain on others parades? Give up trying to force your narrow view of what's fun and investable game time and actually invest your time and effort in the parts of the game that you like.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Sorry, but I'm just not following your logic at all.

Why should it be an all or nothing?

Why do you seem to be stuck on the idea that the ship is somehow necessary for PvP?

It's just a fancy looking cruiser, thats all.

Sorry, crusier, apparently thats the official designation.

You seem to think that, because the ships can be used in PvP, you need them.

Haven't flown the crusier yet, but the corvette while nice is not some game breakingly good ship.

Go to risa if you want, or not.

You're not missing out on anything you actually need.

Although, I do think that sometimes theres value in just wandering around doing nothing.

so you have things that affect pvp in a optional event...now guess logic is not your best atribute.

sisteric wrote: »
    Why do you care? WHat does it matter if you can use things in Risa or not? You are already under the impression that there is nothing in it for you, so move along and quit talking about it, GO do something else.

As for the ships, they can be used anywhere that any other ship can go. If you like to collect ships, then go get it. Otherwise, don't worry about. Be happy that you are going were YOU think the fun is. And let everybody else who is having fun on Risa have thier fun.

Again, why must you rain on others parades? Give up trying to force your narrow view of what's fun and investable game time and actually invest your time and effort in the parts of the game that you like.

So pvp has nothing to do with your event for roleplayers and pvp?Why should roleplayers and pve affect pvp again ...I think in your wall of text and nonsense you forgot to post the reasong why pve and roleplayers should affect pvp.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    so you have things that affect pvp in a optional event...now guess logic is not your best atribute.

Ah, but au contraire. I'm pretty good at logic and I'm even better at watching people try to BS their way through an argument.

Now, how about you stop evading the primary question, stop employing a strawman argument for cover and explain exactly why it does effect PvP.

Why does a middling, albeit ten console, crusier effect PvP in such a way that if not everyone gets it, it shouldn't be in game?

Whats wrong with allowing the acquisition of it to be optional?
  • Options
    isvarnaisvarna Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pardon the interjection, I'm not a PVP guru by any stretch of the imagination but I suspect the explanation has something to do with the cruiser possessing some of the things that Galaxy players have been whinging about both pre and post revamp. Most obviously the LtCdr. Tac seat which enables the cruiser to follow the same old tired song and dance of "TT, APB, FAW, count to three. A2B, F2P, Up the B, here we go again~"
    ↓ ↓ This is why we can't have nice things. ↓ ↓
  • Options
    angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2014
    I'm quite hoping that the powerboards displayed on the promenade but not offered for sale, as well as an additional Romulan powerboard will be added. I quite like the black and red board on display, but it's not available. I'd also like to see that white one with the flame job on it offered in superior, as well. I can't imagine why most of the nicer looking boards would be relegated to the "advanced" category and the "superior" boards all look so bland and uninspired.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    isvarna wrote: »
    Pardon the interjection, I'm not a PVP guru by any stretch of the imagination but I suspect the explanation has something to do with the cruiser possessing some of the things that Galaxy players have been whinging about both pre and post revamp. Most obviously the LtCdr. Tac seat which enables the cruiser to follow the same old tired song and dance of "TT, APB, FAW, count to three. A2B, F2P, Up the B, here we go again~"

A lt. commander station is not so "great" if you only have 3 tactical console slots.. thats the reason this cruiser is just a ship to be "cool", nothing more. Because there are thousands of ships better than this thing with more useful layouts. By far. The only reason to gather this ships is to collect it, as a collector .. but if you plan to use the ship to have a good dps ship or a good ship with great attack performance.. think twice.

Thou i didnt know the Galaxy only had 3 tactical console slots... :confused:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So pvp has nothing to do with your event for roleplayers and pvp? Why should roleplayers and pve affect pvp again ...I think in your wall of text and nonsense you forgot to post the reasong why pve and roleplayers should affect pvp.

What? When did I say anything, one way or the other, about PVP? I haven't.
    PVP has nothing to do with how I am enjoying the content of Risa. Because I choose to do nothing involving PVP in Risa. And that is all that matters for me. I am unaffected by PVP's presence, or lack there of, in the content that I am enjoying. And I certainly not saying that there is enough or too little of it on Risa. In fact, since I haven't looked for it, I don't know anything about PVP and Risa. And I am OK with that. So I didn't forget about posting any reasoning, I have never been talking about it specifically.

My point is so much simplier. Look at the content and do what you think is fun. And don't worry about it beyond that. And don't be negative over content that you don't like. Someone else probably does and so it sticks around. If no one played the content, it will quietly get removed and no one has to make a big fuss about it. I don't care care if it PVP has anything to do with the event at all. The only salient point in a game is if the player is having fun. And as long as they are, then the content is good, relavant and appropriate for consumption.

My only other point has been to quit being so negative about content you don't see value in. And to quit raining on other peoples parades. Go have the fun in the content you like, and let others go have fun in the content they like. Don't talk negatively about content that you do not enjoy or find value in.

Hopefully this is clearer for you, because your PVP statement is very left field to me and not relavent to anything I was saying.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    As they say ,you don't need much brain power to fire at npcs. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    As they say ,you don't need much brain power to fire at npcs. :rolleyes:

So you are just determined to be mean and spiteful of anybody else having fun? This statement is really uncalled for. Nor is it appropriate.

I guess I should start disregarding anything you have to say from here on out. You are so apparently so entrenched in your negative limited view of what is fun and valuable that your cannot be happy for others. I feel sorry for you and pity you. Enjoy your life, if you can.

• Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wish the sand castles and powerboard gave more favors so they were worth doing. Also would like to be able to trade in birds or eggs for favors instead of marks.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions