test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »

Personally a jungle world that was an open PvP ground planet with Hirogen and assorted others could be a fun time IMO. This "Alpha" mission could be copied as a place to start, even possibly add the space region as another space PvP map with randomly spawned enemies to mix it up.

My ideal Risian schedule of events would be:

Horgna'hn Hunt 2 times per hour [chance to obtain a monkey tag added]
    Hoverboard race 2x per hour [chance to obtain a bird egg added to final loot at end of race]
    Dance contest 2x per hour [Allow additional dance emotes to be unlocked if you have complete Samba Master accolade]
    Sandcastle building event 2x per hour [more locations added to map, chance to obtain a monkey tag/bird egg added, mark increase to 10 for non event, 50 for event special]

Floater race course 2x per hour [add a course that circles and twists through the island where you have to go thru the gates same as pearl course, loot drops can include tags, eggs, favors]

Water Balloon fight area [add consumable water balloons as a purchase option for gpl]

Everyone gets to do something even if events overlap some enjoy certain events more than others more chances to earn favors the way you want to relax on Risa. :D

PS I'm loving the alt ship discount and hope it carries forward to other events, i shall have earned 52 Risian cruisers and Corvettes by end of the event for my ship collection. :D

I would accept these changes.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    (snipped a bunch of good ideas)

Water Balloon fight area [add consumable water balloons as a purchase option for gpl][/COLOR]
    YES! Water balloon fight FTW!

And for the RPers, I'd have no problem limiting them to use on Risa only, but I'd much prefer to use them on the bridge of my own ship too (same with swimsuits, floaters, etc.).
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I wish the sand castles and powerboard gave more favors so they were worth doing. Also would like to be able to trade in birds or eggs for favors instead of marks.

I use these Events to load up on the Marks I need or are tedious to get (like Rom Marks) on my alts, so I need the option for Marks to remain.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    By the way, who did the voices for the dance instructors?

The woman sounds entirely TOO cheerful. :D

Especially when she says "dew the snaaaaaaaayke!" :P

My own little private fantasy is that it's Trendy in disguise.
  • undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For the Klingons, they should have a simultaneous event on Boreth. A warrior's festival with targ hunting to replace the horgan hunt, battleth matches to replace the surf competition, and perhaps Klingon opera performance that you can participate in using emotes, and a drinking contest. Ornamental armor pieces and weaponry can be the prizes, and we can breed targs and grishnar cats instead of monkeys and birds.

That sounds like a Klingon vacation to me!
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For the Klingons, they should have a simultaneous event on Boreth. A warrior's festival with targ hunting to replace the horgan hunt, battleth matches to replace the surf competition, and perhaps Klingon opera performance that you can participate in using emotes, and a drinking contest. Ornamental armor pieces and weaponry can be the prizes, and we can breed targs and grishnar cats instead of monkeys and birds.

I support this^^^^^

Most of it's just a reskin, but the dueling would have to be some kind of PVP...That ought to be fun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

A beautiful idea, and one worthy of support.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nagash2 wrote: »
    A beautiful idea, and one worthy of support.

It's a great idea for Klingons, not so much for the other species in the KDF.

And Cryptic won't possibly expend all the resources needed to seggregate the player base.
  • chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    YES! Water balloon fight FTW!

And for the RPers, I'd have no problem limiting them to use on Risa only, but I'd much prefer to use them on the bridge of my own ship too (same with swimsuits, floaters, etc.).

Make it so , Number one.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
    edited June 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    It's a great idea for Klingons, not so much for the other species in the KDF.

And Cryptic won't possibly expend all the resources needed to seggregate the player base.

Problem is, KDF players do not have access to Risa except once per year. And Risa is not exactly a Klingon kind of place anyway. I personally think they have alread segregated the population by neglecting KDF players enough. They might actually gain some KDF players with something that makes them FEEL like they are playing as a Klingon, Gorn, or Nausiccan instead of licking up the scraps that fall from the Federation table.

By all means allow Fed officers to visit for that one month, just like Klingons have to do with Risa.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Problem is, KDF players do not have access to Risa except once per year. And Risa is not exactly a Klingon kind of place anyway. I personally think they have alread segregated the population by neglecting KDF players enough. They might actually gain some KDF players with something that makes them FEEL like they are playing as a Klingon, Gorn, or Nausiccan instead of licking up the scraps that fall from the Federation table.

By all means allow Fed officers to visit for that one month, just like Klingons have to do with Risa.

The bad thing is that there isn't anything to do on Risa outside of the event. You can just stand around.... :(
  • fyathyriofyathyrio Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cruiser Customization Clarifications:

You have 3 ship Atrium selections, Forest, Islands, or Blast Doors

We were unable create a custom bridge for the summer ships, much to the dismay of the entire team. Things happen.

You have two alternate part options for many parts of the ship, missionpod/smokestack, 1 bottom ring/2 bottom rings, 2 engines/3 engines, double stanchion/regular stanchion, etc.

The ship shares all of the crazy custom color choices of the Corvette created by Adam, you can fly around in your own hot pink ship if you want! I even divided the ship up into many different parts so that you can have even more customization.

The Atrium forcefield is tied to your glowy bits color choices(thank Jamz for that), there are 8 unique forcefield patterns.

There is no playable custom interior space for the forest/islands. That would be an incredible amount of work, and this ship was already tons of work to begin with.

The ship's sails animate when in sector space, they open up to reveal sails along with the rear 'rudder'.

Any other questions, within reason, and I will try to answer.

Thanks, and I hope you guys enjoy your time on Risa, I'll see you there!

-Nick

Yeah yeah... and it comes with only one name: R.X.S. Titanic
    The Shepard's Prayer:

"Oh Lord, Please don't let me F-up"
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So...how come others can kick down my sandcastles but I can't kick down any at all?
    Nevermind......
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I like this and would love to have pvp batleth matches
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So...how come others can kick down my sandcastles but I can't kick down any at all?
    You get accolades for building sand castles.. Once you build five castles (and get the Savant accolade), you'll be able to knock down castles (after they've been up for ~1min).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Vengie's favorite post :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Personally a jungle world that was an open PvP ground planet with Hirogen and assorted others could be a fun time IMO. This "Alpha" mission could be copied as a place to start, even possibly add the space region as another space PvP map with randomly spawned enemies to mix it up.
    I would support this, if and only IF, after every hunt the players have to participate in a drinking, fist fighting and headbutting, and singing Klingon Songs Minigame, where they get completely smashed and pass out for event rewards.

My ideal Risian schedule of events would be:

Horgna'hn Hunt 2 times per hour [chance to obtain a monkey tag added]
    Hoverboard race 2x per hour [chance to obtain a bird egg added to final loot at end of race]
    Dance contest 2x per hour [Allow additional dance emotes to be unlocked if you have complete Samba Master accolade]
    Sandcastle building event 2x per hour [more locations added to map, chance to obtain a monkey tag/bird egg added, mark increase to 10 for non event, 50 for event special]

Floater race course 2x per hour [add a course that circles and twists through the island where you have to go thru the gates same as pearl course, loot drops can include tags, eggs, favors]

Water Balloon fight area [add consumable water balloons as a purchase option for gpl]

Everyone gets to do something even if events overlap some enjoy certain events more than others more chances to earn favors the way you want to relax on Risa. :D

PS I'm loving the alt ship discount and hope it carries forward to other events, i shall have earned 52 Risian cruisers and Corvettes by end of the event for my ship collection. :D
    Cryptic HIRE THIS MAN!

Or at least steal his ideas.

I'm like this, at least generate enough events with decent rewards that you have a choice. Sand castle building is very easy but with a pittance of a reward and no opportunity to redo it for quantity. Have one event that is easy and gives decent rewards and have another event that is relatively hard (not too hard it's vacation) that has an excellent payout for each time period.

But no purchasing water ballons for GPL, do it like a real water balloon fight. Have people have to rush back to a single location to pick up more. Put a tower in there so you can bomb people from above. Rework the flamethrower mechanic to make a water hose and water gun. The more people you soak the more favors you get, Nobody loses just like a real water fight.
    adwynyth wrote: »
    By the way, who did the voices for the dance instructors?

The woman sounds entirely TOO cheerful. :D

Especially when she says "dew the snaaaaaaaayke!" :P

My own little private fantasy is that it's Trendy in disguise.
    Like I said in chat the other day, she's the happiest Romulan in the whole damn Beta Quadrant. Made more sense when she was a Risan.

Boreth? Man that's cold. Why not invite everyone to Boreth for the winter event? Klingons don't love the cold, their homeworld is pretty balmy as I recall.

I don't know, Klingons don't particularly love the cold. Having an event at Boreth is like having a party at The Vatican. Although if there's a massive indoor heated pool and sauna that we could use our Risan swimsuits on I'm all in.

I think the better place would be Forcas III where the Imperial Bat'leth Championships are held. That's like a party at the Superbowl. Your rewards ideas are spot on though.

I wouldn't want a Bat'leth competition unless they could reach some epic tier PvP bat'leth combat like Bushido Blade awesome.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited June 2014
    lol

Boreth is the home of the Klingon Monastery and the Order of Kahless. No better place for a warrior to test his mettle!

QaPla! lol

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Boreth
  • spiritmuse1spiritmuse1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm enjoying this event so far. My favorite is the dance event, it's fun to see all the different people dancing around together. It often makes me laugh that everyone is facing the same direction, to the Dance Instructors, so it looks like a massive dance lesson. :D

And the Floater course is fun too, I wish I could do that more than once a day! (Not necessarily for pearls.)

Only complaint I really have is that the sandcastles are worth so little, and that there are so few places to build them. I enjoy making them though, I think it's hilarious that we have all these badass starship captains and admirals running around on the beach building sandcastles. xD But I think it's odd that the flags are set up next to the castles instead of on the top! And that Rommies are building Klingon monuments instead of Romulan, even the Fed ones.

I also wish for a speedo for the men, I don't think there is one. I want my dude to be just as skimpy as the women! :D
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lol

Boreth is the home of the Klingon Monastery and the Order of Kahless. No better place for a warrior to test his mettle!

QaPla! lol

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Boreth

While many Klingon celebrations involve pain and trial, I still wouldn't hold a massive celebration at a Monastery.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kot%27baval_Festival

This was on Maranga IV, it's a lot of pagentry like a Renaissance festival with reenactments, which would make for a great mission, a twenty man ground PvE simulation of the forces of Molor. Since it was a great war the Dev team can invent a battle for their own handcrafted piece of Klingon history.

Reenactments of Kahless vs Molor at the River Skral, and you get rewarded based on how well you reenact and also how much flourish you put on. It could work.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    First I'll say that even with my few complaints about the Risa event, overall it is still enjoyable and can be profitable.

But I don't get the powerboard/monkey tags race. Can you imagine a racecar driver having to STOP and grab the checkered flag in order to be considered the winner? Who's brainstorm was this? :rolleyes: And someone else likely had to approve it before it was implemented. That doesn't look good for the collective intelligence at Cryptic.
    In EVERY form of RACING there is a starting line and a finish line. The starting line is where participants START the race. The first participant to cross the FINISH line WINS!! 2nd to cross gets 2nd place and 3rd to cross gets 3rd....how freaking brilliant is that...and such an easy concept...........ok ok, enough said on that.

Glad to see the fixes that are coming as of today's patch, it will be nice to know exactly when the Hunt, Race and Dance Party actually start! :)
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like to see higher rewards on the sand castles or at least a quicker cooldown on the mission. I frankly was tired of the dance party ages ago, so having another way to get favors was great... only to realize I could do fifteen dance moves and make twice the amount for the two runs of the castle I can do during the ENTIRE dance party which gives me far more that running an entire work day of the castle missions.

Also more places for sand castle building. Like maybe around the entire island. Most castle missions should be safe even from people who can knock it down long enough for a site to site transport to the promenade and a run to the mission giver.
    edited June 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    While many Klingon celebrations involve pain and trial, I still wouldn't hold a massive celebration at a Monastery.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kot%27baval_Festival

This was on Maranga IV, it's a lot of pagentry like a Renaissance festival with reenactments, which would make for a great mission, a twenty man ground PvE simulation of the forces of Molor. Since it was a great war the Dev team can invent a battle for their own handcrafted piece of Klingon history.

Reenactments of Kahless vs Molor at the River Skral, and you get rewarded based on how well you reenact and also how much flourish you put on. It could work.

Okay, okay, you SOLD ME! lol

Maybe even a form of capture the flag where the flag moves every time someone captures it, probably multiple flags like the horghans, and the more flags you get in the time limit, the more favors you get. All the while battling mythical klingon creatures, like in Worfs training programs.

Or even a gauntlet to play like the flying high mission where you must progress through a lava cave avoiding obstacles before time runs out.

Instead of swimwear, you can get furs and crests and primitive loincloths.

And don't forget the vats of bloodwine!
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Great job Devs, I'm totally enjoying the Risian summer event!

I'd like the events to happen more often, especially the hunt and floater courses, and to remove the capture the flag ending to the powerboard race but other than that, its a great experience.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Soooooo the Hunt timer is even more screwed up after the fix? I got 'sorry the hunt has ended' when I had 4 mintues left on my timer now?
  • stugizstugiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Got this ship last night. By far one of the best ships I have flown. I would choose this over all dyson/obelisk ships, dreadnought cruiser, cardassian galor ship, undine bio warships....definitely a top notch ship! Think I found my new favorite ship!
  • stugizstugiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The discount only applies to the specific ship. You have to earn both seperately
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    would be nice if there was a account discount for the Risa special Duty Officers in same account :(

Risa favours is less than last year and the DOFS are so expensive per character ... trying to unlock them account wide for all alts is so hard :(
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    stugiz wrote: »
    Got this ship last night. By far one of the best ships I have flown. I would choose this over all dyson/obelisk ships, dreadnought cruiser, cardassian galor ship, undine bio warships....definitely a top notch ship! Think I found my new favorite ship!

The dyson destroyer or the galor or the obelisk , etc, etc, etc are far better ships (by far lol) than this cruiser.. the only reason to fly it is because you like the look.. nothing more.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The dyson destroyer or the galor or the obelisk , etc, etc, etc are far better ships (by far lol) than this cruiser.. the only reason to fly it is because you like the look.. nothing more.

I have the cruiser, its a looker.

It's also not weak. It's certainly not squishy.

Where it has an edge, imo, over the Dyson ships is flexibility.

That proton weapon kind of locks you into a specific build.

The cruiser can be anything you want it to be.

Not going to compare it to the Galor, as thats a lockbox ship, but the Obelisk is a tanky carrier.

It does its thing very well, but not sure you can easily compare a cruiser to a carrier. Very different styles of play.

While I need to shake the RXS Copacabana down a bit more, first impressions are of a thoroughly competent cruiser with no obvious flaws.