test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (June 5, 2014) [Complete]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, June 5th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Love the foundry additions. Nice bug fixes.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why upgrade the damage of the bio torp high yield but nerf the the damage of the spread? Has the high yield damage just been upgraded to where it usually is for other torps?
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shame on you for

-ruining the first balanced and worth using torpedo ever

-nerfing the MEAGER rewards for PVP

-that pathetic excuse for a fleet project that pays only 50% credits for marks submitted for NO REASON

-buffing the oberth console but not the brel console
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    -that pathetic excuse for a fleet project that pays only 50% credits for marks submitted for NO REASON

This project completes in 5 minutes after all inputs are filled.

Maybe coz it takes 5! mins to finish!
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    fletchervansefletchervanse Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Question is : Why do they still bother with pvp queues?

Very bad move against pvp community, the same week as pirate ship update on eve online and Arena commander pre-alpha release. :(
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Rai can now be obtained as a duty officer for Romulan Borg captains in the episode “Mine Enemy”.
    well this fix it for my kdf allied alien rom toon that could not pick her up before and well the alien option for roms get fixed cause it says romulan instead of alien for her lol.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    This project completes in 5 minutes after all inputs are filled.

Maybe coz it takes 5! mins to finish!

like how long it takes to complete maters, its only reason to exist is to give a credit input for completed fleets. you get half the credits you are due to receive from the marks you submit. 50 cents on the dollar. the dev in charge of the fleet system must be Mr Potter himself
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I noticed in the patch notes that the Caitians are likely to still be running in Fed uniforms in the past during the 'Everything Old is New' episode. By 'noticie' I mean that there is no mention of it even though I did submit a minor bug ticket for it. Unless Ol' Man Kirk got his fur-fever on in TOS? We got any experts around to field this one?
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All repeatable PVP missions for FED and KLG (arena and scenario) are now set to a 20 hour cooldown.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shame on you for

-ruining the first balanced and worth using torpedo ever

-buffing the oberth console but not the brel console
    Agreed +100%

The rest is all pretty good.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    marthitamarthita Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Fleet Credits received from this project are *HALF* of what is received from all other projects.

The 50% rewards make absolutely no sense whatsoever. My fleet keeps assigning projects to dump fleet marks and it's not enough so there is an alt fleet just for the purpose of dumping even more fleet marks and sometimes even that one is also full. Why the heck do you have to cut rewards by 50%?

This patch is full of horrible decisions. The worst one being nerfing the only decent reward left for active PvP players and not at least adjusting the per match rewards to compensate for the nerf.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nice but there are some few things that are missing... like more costume options for ground characters when you're making a foundry mission. And please fix the problems with the ship costumes. About 90% of all ship costumes (when i try to customize a ship) are bugged like crazy and crash the game and I end up with an error ticket number. I am probably not the only person who's having this same problem.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014

• Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XII:
    • Resolved an issue that was causing Torpedo Spread 2 and 3 to yield more explosions than intended.

Not happy. Not happy AT ALL. This is by far the best torp in game EVER and now yo go and nerf it.

Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not happy. Not happy AT ALL. This is by far the best torp in game EVER and now yo go and nerf it.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah...like uh...didn't the fact that it was the best torp in the game ever kind of give away that it was broken and they would get around to fixing it?
  • Options
    captainwessoncaptainwesson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    like how long it takes to complete maters, its only reason to exist is to give a credit input for completed fleets. you get half the credits you are due to receive from the marks you submit. 50 cents on the dollar. the dev in charge of the fleet system must be Mr Potter himself

Bahahaha! DDIS you made my night. It really does sound like Potter, though...
  • Options
    marthitamarthita Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Is there any ETA to when we finally get the secondary deflectors for sci ships?
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Interesting, you adding Tier 5+ Fleet Projects so those in Large Fleets can earn Fleet Credits.

This is good and bad. Good Fleet members don't need to leave their fleets to earn Fleet Credits. But this is bad since it takes away from Small Fleets who desperately need assistance. Also, the influx of all these alt fleets that Large Fleets made for the need to earn Fleet Credits.

So really hope the Devs are reading this and have plans to help small fleets. People are just burnt out of fleet grinding and small fleets are hurting worse with Season 9.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah...like uh...didn't the fact that it was the best torp in the game ever kind of give away that it was broken and they would get around to fixing it?

Only to those who think torps shouldn't be able to compete with other weapons.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    *looks at patch notes*

And they still say Cryptic is doing nothing about the bugs... :rolleyes:

Absolutely ridiculous.
    That wasn't intended man, chill. D=

Fixing something that wasn't intended in the first place isn't a "nerf".
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »
    Only to those who think torps shouldn't be able to compete with other weapons.

Or perhaps to those that have a clue about torps?

A TS3 E-Bio was dropping out x7 torps on up to 5x targets for a total of up to 35 torps...
    TS3 Grav/Bio/Disrupting/normal Photon - etc, etc, etc - x4 Torps on up to 5x targets for up to 20 torps...

The TS3 E-Bio torps were doing 175% the damage of a comparable TS3 Photon.

They were obviously bugged from the start and it was mentioned long before they went live on Holodeck that the longer it took to fix the issue - the more crying there would be about it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

after weeks of 'testing' it in pvp, it proved to be the first torp good enough for prime time maining. the only bug is that every other torpedo doesn't utilize spread as well.

and its only good enough if you sacrifice 2 aft weapon slots for the grav torp and proton weapon, and a console slot for the voth console. just to run a torp that is finally good enough to mix with energy weapons.

lets just stop calling it bugged, because they say it is shall we? thats an insult to our intelligence. anything WAI that they decide is no longer WAI they of course are going to call bugged, because admitting they were wrong is not one of those possible things. the way a torp interacts with a torp skill, is so deep in the copy paste code that the spread multiplier change could only be intentional. the non set bio torps have the normal multiplier, only set torp change is enhanced.

they are just to blind to see that they actually did something right for a change, but now its got to be ruined for the status quo or something. what ever data they based this change on was bad, or at the very least wasn't pvp data. does it kill npcs real good? yep, but so does everything else, whats the difference. back to all energy builds for pvp though, such an improvement. oh and i stop getting rewarded after 3 matches when i pvp now? thanks for that too. i really should just be mindlessly killing dinos instead, thanks so much for the herding, a sheep like me has no business deciding what i should be playing.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nice set of patch notes. I especially like the buffs to Officer of the Watch and the fixes to bugs like the Jouret System Patrol mission.
  • Options
    felisdraconiusfelisdraconius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok, lighting effects can be cool. I have a keyboard, two mice and a laptop that have similar lighting effects. They are not Alienware. Patch notes explicitly state the effects are for Alienware products.

Is this thing going to affect my stuff too? Is this an optional setting?

EDIT: Basically don't mess with my nice things.
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    I noticed in the patch notes that the Caitians are likely to still be running in Fed uniforms in the past during the 'Everything Old is New' episode. By 'noticie' I mean that there is no mention of it even though I did submit a minor bug ticket for it. Unless Ol' Man Kirk got his fur-fever on in TOS? We got any experts around to field this one?

This is fixed now on Tribble, so hopefully that fix is coming over in the patch.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lets just stop calling it bugged, because they say it is shall we? thats an insult to our intelligence.
    Is it? Because I don't think Cryptic has as high of a standard of what's 'good' compared to some of us players. Look at how they present torpedoes. As weapons that are among the standard equipment of almost every ship(if not every single ship), and meant to be fired when enemy shields are down. It seems to me that, at least with this case, they factor in immersion in what they consider 'good', rather than just optimal functionality.

Is that reasonable? I don't think so, as why not just force everyone to load torpedoes in the first place, rather than having them be so situational, then giving us the option of not including any on our ship at all?
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow someone has some messed up priorities, we have a ton of bugs, many this season, many that have been with the game from day one and they a wasting time on blinking lights for Alienware keyboards? Incredible, just incredible.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    felisdraconiusfelisdraconius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Wow someone has some messed up priorities, we have a ton of bugs, many this season, many that have been with the game from day one and they a wasting time on blinking lights for Alienware keyboards? Incredible, just incredible.

Well, to be fair, I have seen people post issues with the AlienwareFX in Cryptic games in the past. This may simply be an attempt to fix that if they haven't already. But the notes are DO make it seem like it is an add-on for the cool factor.

I posted my question, because I thought it was a little unclear and nobody else had asked. I and probably others also could be affected by this against our wishes.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just a quick question on the AlienFX part of the patch notes.

While I don't have a keyboard with the backlights and my mouse is a Logitech G400s bought separately, I do have an X51 desktop with FX lights in the CPU tower. any chance the colors can be applied to that in the near future? or will that respond to the commands as well come tomorrow?
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Finally a loadout fix, about time, hopefully it works.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank goodness they are finally putting PvP down - it's suffered long enough:(:mad:
This discussion has been closed.