Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (June 5, 2014) [Complete]

Comments

• Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    marthita wrote: »
    The 50% rewards make absolutely no sense whatsoever. My fleet keeps assigning projects to dump fleet marks and it's not enough so there is an alt fleet just for the purpose of dumping even more fleet marks and sometimes even that one is also full. Why the heck do you have to cut rewards by 50%?

The answer is pretty obvious.

Does your fleetmates have oodles of Fleet Marks on them? This allows you to get rid of them. Quickly. In large chunks assuming someone is on to keep resetting the mission.

You don't have to use it if you don't want to. It'll also take many, many times longer to get rid of your mass of Fleet Marks otherwise.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, to be fair, I have seen people post issues with the AlienwareFX in Cryptic games in the past. This may simply be an attempt to fix that if they haven't already. But the notes are DO make it seem like it is an add-on for the cool factor.

I posted my question, because I thought it was a little unclear and nobody else had asked. I and probably others also could be affected by this against our wishes.
    It doesn't sound like a fix. It's an unasked for addition that will only benefit a small number of people at best and that's assuming it works right, it would be great if they roll it out flawlessly with options to control it etc., but this is Cryptic and if it goes like things usually do here what kind of bugs, lag and keyboard issues are coming with this gimmick?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Or perhaps to those that have a clue about torps?

A TS3 E-Bio was dropping out x7 torps on up to 5x targets for a total of up to 35 torps...
    TS3 Grav/Bio/Disrupting/normal Photon - etc, etc, etc - x4 Torps on up to 5x targets for up to 20 torps...

The TS3 E-Bio torps were doing 175% the damage of a comparable TS3 Photon.

They were obviously bugged from the start and it was mentioned long before they went live on Holodeck that the longer it took to fix the issue - the more crying there would be about it.

"Obviously bugged"?.

Excuse me: the torp is called ENHANCED Bio Molecular Photon Torpedo.

A few definitions of enhance:

1: intensify, increase, or further improve the quality, value, or extent of.
    2: to raise to a higher degree; intensify; magnify.
    3: heighten, increase; especially: to increase or improve in value, quality, desirability, or attractiveness

I was under the impression that the extra torps per target per salvo and the increased, intensified, magnified damage output where exactly the reason and the whole fraking point of calling it ENHANCED.

So it was not bugged. It was conceived, designed, coded, named and released that way for a reason, it was WAI, and now it is being nerfed to work like every other torpedo, so it won't be enhanced anymore.

Sorry, it IS a nerf. And yet another proof that the whole reputation grind you have to go through to obtain this so-called "special equipment" is absolutely worthless and pointless.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Resolved an issue that could cause Bridge Officers to become trapped in the Overflow Bag.

For those players experiencing this, the Bridge Officers will be able to be removed from the Overflow Bag upon logging in.

So my Reman Bridge Officers will be freed from their Overflow Bag prison? . . . about time :D
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    loveofpurpleloveofpurple Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Resolved an issue that was causing all Even-Mark Kit Frames (Mk II, Mk IV, etc) to have a higher rank requirement than intended

Does this also apply to the kit modules? Because they have the same problem.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "Undine Marks are now a valid choice from All Mark Choice Packages."

Yes, time to finally open the 120 boxes
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    The answer is pretty obvious.

Does your fleetmates have oodles of Fleet Marks on them? This allows you to get rid of them. Quickly. In large chunks assuming someone is on to keep resetting the mission.

You don't have to use it if you don't want to. It'll also take many, many times longer to get rid of your mass of Fleet Marks otherwise.

you have to have a sever intelligence deficiency to actually use this project. got marks you cant get rid of? go to your favorite social zone and say that out loud. there's a ton of baby fleets that would trip over getting your excess marks, and you would get your creds at full value, not an insulting half.

you don't even need someone else to invite you back to your home fleet, with basic console commands and an alt you can invite and promote yourself.

/guild invite name@handle
    *swap character, accept and swap back
    /guild promote name@handle
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "Obviously bugged"?.

As plain as day...

edit: There's a major difference between getting a nifty blog about a Torpedo Revamp, discussing changes they're going to be implementing for projectiles...and what happened with the E-Bio.
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As plain as day...

edit: There's a major difference between getting a nifty blog about a Torpedo Revamp, discussing changes they're going to be implementing for projectiles...and what happened with the E-Bio.

You could have at least told me that Cryptic was going to Nerf it down to useless:eek::P

My Trans Torp boat(which became a Transphasic/Photon Hybrid lately) is going into mothballs now as Torps are virtually dead in this game.

The resists now are so high - you barely scratch a player unless you get a shield facing down with a beam overload and torps in before a tiny sliver of shield is back up.

Some players resists are so high now to kinetic that my trans torps with 8000k buffed dmg - were doing under 100 hit points to hull or completely immune to dmg.

Cryptic should be ashamed that the most iconic weapon in Star Trek (the torpedo)is officially a Joke in STO.

But hey at least they are finally putting the final nails in PvP's coffin - best to get it over with quickly rather than season after season of slow decay.

Techically Tala did OK dmg tonight in the Cap and hold (2.2 million)- and I was half asleep and got chased down by Dez and Nimoy a few times - I can only see torps getting worse.

http://i.imgur.com/hJehegb.png?1
  • Options
    ortikantortikant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All repeatable PVP missions for FED and KLG (arena and scenario) are now set to a 20 hour cooldown.

Why? There was still too much PvP going on in the game? Trying to get into a match was a great pain in the behind already if you had to pug it. Now I expect it to be a near miracle. I'm very disappointed.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You could have at least told me that Cryptic was going to Nerf it down to useless:eek::P

My Trans Torp boat(which became a Transphasic/Photon Hybrid lately) is going into mothballs now as Torps are virtually dead in this game.

The resists now are so high - you barely scratch a player unless you get a shield facing down with a beam overload and torps in before a tiny sliver of shield is back up.

Some players resists are so high now to kinetic that my trans torps with 8000k buffed dmg - were doing under 100 hit points to hull or completely immune to dmg.

Cryptic should be ashamed that the most iconic weapon in Star Trek (the torpedo)is officially a Joke in STO.

But hey at least they are finally putting the final nails in PvP's coffin - best to get it over with quickly rather than season after season of slow decay.

Techically Tala did OK dmg tonight in the Cap and hold (2.2 million)- and I was half asleep and got chased down by Dez and Nimoy a few times - I can only see torps getting worse.

http://i.imgur.com/hJehegb.png?1

Get some folks together...have somebody with DOFF'd AtD. Have somebody fire a torp at them. Fire a bunch - note the damage. Have somebody SNB them - see the buff disappear - fire a torp at them. Fire a bunch - note the damage. Or heck, I guess one could just run DOFF'd AtD - get hit by SNB - and see if the resistances actually drop or not...or if just the buff is removed from the buff bar rather than the buff actually being removed.

Then there's also the issue of the torp not actually doing anything. Well, it fires the torps - they fly across the screen - you see all the pretty explosions...but nothing is written to the log, there's no damage done. Hope that was fixed, but without it being in the notes - got a feeling that might persist. Totally random - could never reproduce it on demand. But it could be a trip to have dropped out 21 of the torps - watch them hit the targets - something that should have obliterated all three targets...and they did nothing.

Wish they'd also take a look at the HY/TS issue. Whether you stack TS/HY or HY/TS, it's going to HY/TS - meaning you can't TS/HY, which puts a damper on more than a few fun potential combinations out there.

But yeah, torps in STO aren't torps in ST. Then again, so much of what is in STO is nothing like ST. We spam abilities that might have been seen once a season or even once a series. We've got space magic healing as if we were running around fighting orcs and dragons. There's all sorts of things that just kind of make STO feel more like a generic space shooter with a Star Trek graphics mod slapped on it.

There are things that can be done with torps though - things one can play with to have all sorts of fun. EWO BO Penetration with a cheap [Acc]x3 beam at min weapon power for boosted bleed for some Omega Kinetic Shearing from a Sub'd Improved Ambush while Flanking with MEF up to maintain +25 Aux to keep Aux at 125-135 for some T4 Nukara Offensive on top of everything else that's going on there...

With the 3pc Protonic, even if the Experimental Proton is tossed aft and never fired...you're looking at +3% CrtH in general, +10% CrtD in general, an additional +22.9% Photon strength, and an additional +10% CrtH with Photons. The Heavy E-Bio's non-targetable...meh, if only you could TS Grav/HY E-Bio instead of having to HY E-Bio/TS Grav...oh well.

Double oh well...as drunk said, lol - it's time to go back to shooting dinos. Got one guy I'm trying to get the 4th Dyson piece for...meh.

Oh, and c'mon - I started warning folks that the E-Bio TS was probably going to get fixed at some point from the beginning back on Tribble. :P

And lol, it's still a trip - looking at that image - getting used the RvB with KDF and Feds mixed. I had to do a doubletake at first, recognizing names from both sides on the same side. Some heinous Sci folks were in that match...
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited June 2014

And lol, it's still a trip - looking at that image - getting used the RvB with KDF and Feds mixed. I had to do a doubletake at first, recognizing names from both sides on the same side. Some heinous Sci folks were in that match...

There were some very nasty Wells flying in that match for sure - Vipers were out if full force:eek:
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "Undine Marks are now a valid choice from All Mark Choice Packages."

Yes, time to finally open the 120 boxes

Might want to check the calendar - Bonus Mark Weekend coming up in a few.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Question is : Why do they still bother with pvp queues?

Very bad move against pvp community, the same week as pirate ship update on eve online and Arena commander pre-alpha release. :(

Can EVE run well on a new but normal pc? Or do you need a dedicated gamer pc for it as well like for the Star citizen?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Content:

• Fixed an issue that caused people to still play PvP.
      • With the release of the Star Citizen DFM we felt this is good timing.

Worst patch ever.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wish torpedoes would get some love, especially the targetable ones that are always shot down by NPCS.

Could they get a health increase on non-PVP maps or something please? Or make them destructible only in PVP?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ilhansk wrote: »
    Worst patch ever.

:D..... so true :mad:.... nvm, such people are everywhere. one only could wish em all the best for their own sanity (such people usually gets it very very late or just never).
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    Just wait about 3 to 6 months, it'll be nerfed as well. Sooner or later.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow great patch! I'm really excited to start contributing fleet marks into that new fleet project. I know I enjoy getting half the reward i normally would! Also, awesome on the 20 hour cooldown for all PvP missions. No one wants to be rewarded for that silly stuff anyway. I mean it's not like this game needs end game content when we have so many super fun reps to grind! Good job on your second pass of the Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator. Obviously the first nerf wasn't enough, but now it's definitely not worth a console slot! What else? Oh yeah and thanks for nerfing Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo Launcher...no one wants to use torpedoes anyway. Who comes up with all this great stuff? :rolleyes:
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Wow great patch! I'm really excited to start contributing fleet marks into that new fleet project.
    *hint* My SB loves FM's */hint* :D:P
    Had to say it.
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All repeatable PVP missions for FED and KLG (arena and scenario) are now set to a 20 hour cooldown.
    Time to drop this game. The pvp arena was probably the only way of effectively farming and leveling up chars.
    Good job on TRIBBLE it up.
  • Options
    onehappytapewormonehappytapeworm Member Posts: 106 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Can we add to the list of known issues in the patch notes:

Jem'Hadar uniforms are missing for some players who owns the Mk XII version of the ground set.

During the mission Undine Inflitration sometimes the voice overs start repeating, to the point when the game starts lagging, and the only way to stop it is to close the game.

Thanks!
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Surprised that's not there already; the voiceover continues well after the mission has ended. It's extremely annoying having the Bajoran fool constantly going on about 'the bomb' whilst you are playing, for example, ISE.

Shut up, Wesley!
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow great patch! I'm really excited to start contributing fleet marks into that new fleet project. I know I enjoy getting half the reward i normally would! Also, awesome on the 20 hour cooldown for all PvP missions. No one wants to be rewarded for that silly stuff anyway. I mean it's not like this game needs end game content when we have so many super fun reps to grind! Good job on your second pass of the Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator. Obviously the first nerf wasn't enough, but now it's definitely not worth a console slot! What else? Oh yeah and thanks for nerfing Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo Launcher...no one wants to use torpedoes anyway. Who comes up with all this great stuff? :rolleyes:

I salute such magnificient sarcasm.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1) Can I get a refund on my Valdore?
    2) Can I get a refund on my Valdore?
    3) I never owned the torp, but I sympathise. Nerfed-Upgraded-Torp? That equates to status quo torp. This is just stupid.
    4) Can we just stop pretending PvP ever existed in this game? (Make some REAL rewards for tournaments. Is it that difficult?)
    5) Read 1-5.
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I salute such magnificient sarcasm.

^ I concur.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All I can add is progress is being made in this game. I know everyone wants so much out of this game but you really have much better game than what's out there or where I was coming from. Nothing can match this game with it current tech plus I know it's still a work-in-progress, which makes this game even better. I am sticking around. An I do enjoy this game more than you know. Looking forward to more patches as they will be coming I am sure. Thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Best. Patch. Ever. :D
This discussion has been closed.