Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    So, euhm, any word on the bridge? Like, the thing contains this huge pool inside. Is this the interior? Can we have our own pool?

Or do we just use default interiors?

Good question
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      hypl wrote: »
      Am I the only one that thinks making this a combat vessel is extremely dumb?

*sigh*

Whatever, still looks great nonetheless. A peak at the interiors would be nice. Apparently the top section can be customized to display some sort of holodeck simulation.

I'll be honest, I was surprised that the blog didn't show any customisation. Last year's Corvette blog showed off all the different colour schemes you could use.
      You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
      StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    • Options
      devilkiller98devilkiller98 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Now here is where my question comes, if I have the Risian Corvette project slotted and have pearls in it, am I able to finish that, and then slot the Risian Luxury Liner or can you only claim the one ship?
      They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives... I know you understand.

Legendary Final 5 Elite Fleet Leader
      http://final-five.guildlaunch.com/
    • Options
      beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      ok i am ssooo getting one and please let there be a uniqe bridge for it ^_^

• Options
      oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      I noticed that the blog mentioned that the monkeys can tear down your sand castle.

With that in mind, I hope personal weapons are functional this year. :P
    • Options
      reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      So now that the stats are up for the new ship, is there going to be a second dev blog today about the new doffs, or how the discount works?
    • Options
      drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      That really is a very pretty boat. How big is it compared to other ships?

Pity if there's no special interior. A Risan captain's chair should have a wheel or be piloted by doing the Captain Morgan pose.
    • Options
      beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      qjunior wrote: »
      My thought exactly. What's the point of this ship without my own pleasure dome inside ? Without it it's just the Love Boat on steroids ! :confused:

from the looks of the pics the pool thing up top is still there maybe it has moveable armor plateing like the avenger does?

• Options
      edited June 2014
      beerxhyper wrote: »
      from the looks of the pics the pool thing up top is still there maybe it has moveable armor plateing like the avenger does?

I think the top section has optional "park" areas with stuff like tiny desert islands or park areas, though no word if those are accessible by players or just for looks.
    • Options
      myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Now here is where my question comes, if I have the Risian Corvette project slotted and have pearls in it, am I able to finish that, and then slot the Risian Luxury Liner or can you only claim the one ship?

They should be separate unlock projects so you probably won't even have to finish the Corvette before you can start this one.
    • Options
      voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      If this actually has a custom interior than not only will I come back and do the event, but it would be another good indication that the days of really sub-par decision making are hopefully past us and it's worth coming back to the game long term.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Good blog, the ship looks capable....but I'm clearly not alone in wanting to know about the interior.

Sneak peeks suggested a kind of indoor park.

Will we be getting a unique bridge at least, ala the Breen ships?

If so, and I really really hope so, will it include somewhere we can wear our swimsuits?
    • Options
      admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      I was looking forward to this ship. now that I have seen the way it was treated. Not so much, I have enough Combat ships I was hoping for something other than that.
      fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
      @ren_larreck
    • Options
      edited June 2014
      Ditto on hoping for custom interior, or at least a bridge. I get that time for the environmental artists is budgeted and all, but the bridge really helps with the flavor here.

Though the Breen bridge is just a reskin of the Timeship bridge.
    • Options
      oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      hypl wrote: »
      Am I the only one that thinks making this a combat vessel is extremely dumb?

*sigh*

Whatever, still looks great nonetheless. A peak at the interiors would be nice. Apparently the top section can be customized to display some sort of holodeck simulation.

I don't consider it dumb myself. In fact, it's a good idea.

The Ferengi get a license for this thing, and make a well-defended version for government VIPs, nobles, and rich tycoons. All of which are appealing targets for pirates, ransomers, and hostile powers.

Gotta give the Ferengi credit for their marketing acumen. :D
    • Options
      z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Trendy, capt smirk, could we please have details on interior an if this still has a unique space inside ( like what we saw on tribble ), what are the colour patterns/ship pieces this ship can use, could we have details on the set bonus please, just a little info an pictures would be great, thank you.

extra questions coming your way; can this ship mount dual cannons, what benefit does the solar sail offer to slipstream?
      Cheers.
    • Options
      kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Very nice! I was planning to get one of these anyway, but now I'm looking forward to it even more.

But yeah, echoing the questions about the interior and the set bonus.
    • Options
      gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Um, one question: Does thing allow for Dual Cannons? I don't care if it does or doesn't, but I'm just curious if it does.
    • Options
      karadrewkaradrew Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      whats special about the "Solar Sail Quantum Slipstream Drive "?
    • Options
      nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Any chance of getting that fifth eng slot moved over to sci for better balance on this ship? At five eng slots you really have a massive pretty tank that out performs pretty much every tier 5 eng ship in the game. She is beautiful, and regardless I will grind to get her on at least one toon.
      Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
    • Options
      edited June 2014
      Okay, sorry for the double post, but there's one part that caught my eye:

"Solar Sail Quantum Slipstream Drive"

Is there an explanation for that?

By the looks of it, in Sector space it deploys those little lionfish-esque fins/sails, kind of like how Intrepid classes raise their nacelles. Which is kinda nifty. That or it has a special animation for Slipstream.

Now next year we need the Risan "Science" Ship/Discotecha and the Risans can have their own mini-faction fleets. :p
    • Options
      velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      They should have made the free one with the interior and the Lobi store one a battleship. I too was hoping for a pleasure ship to enjoy. Granted, the console does look cool to use. A Dabo table, Bank, Exchange, Mail, Tailor, and Park (with pool) would be awesome for the interior. :)
      18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    • Options
      atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
      edited June 2014
      If it is just another cruiser it is a big pass. Was hoping for a civilian ship with a fantastic interior...
    • Options
      galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Looks great! Stats really look very good. I hope there is a special interior either in the works or all ready to go, but that's secondary. Looks a lot tougher than it did in those sneak-peeks we got a while ago!
      Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
      It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
      THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
    • Options
      smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Make the universal an engineer and it becomes a tankier, faster and flashier Excelsior. I like it a lot.
      EnYn9p9.jpg
    • Options
      cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      ah cryptic a Solaton wave was intended to replace standard warp drives on starships it was never a weapon but it did malfunction so this console is not a Solaton generator though it malfunctioned and went nuts
      CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
    • Options
      galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      velqua wrote: »
      They should have made the free one with the interior and the Lobi store one a battleship. I too was hoping for a pleasure ship to enjoy. Granted, the console does look cool to use. A Dabo table, Bank, Exchange, Mail, Tailor, and Park (with pool) would be awesome for the interior. :)

Not asking for much there, are you? :eek:
      Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
      It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
      THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
    • Options
      kuroshinkuroshin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Is it just me, or is this cruiser really reminiscent of a cruise space ship in Doctor Who :D
      Nevertheless as a Rommie with little access to cruisers with the classic abilities as is, this seems like a really good adition to my arsenal, plus it is not to shabby... not to shabby at all. :cool:
    • Options
      nemanja102nemanja102 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      guys way do i have filing we are going to get lower spec ship for free and will have to buy from loby store armored verion ?
    • Options
      themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      I'm hoping this and the corvette get a unique interior like the Breen ships. It doesn't make sense that my stylish corvette is stuck with a KDF bridge.
      My alt army:
      K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
      T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
      Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)