What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So how does one earn the free ship?
    sisteric wrote: »
    I have not seen any details yet in the blogs.
    Unlike how things went a few years ago, according to what I have been told, the new direction Cryptic is going in requires you to grind the event ships. Instead of giving the ships away, similar to a gesture of customer appreciation, Cryptic is now using the them to make money.

Cryptic will only give out: (1) items that have lost c-store value, (2) slots to give you more room for buying stuff, and (3) low quality items.

Cryptic 2014 does not value customers in the same way as Cryptic 2009.

Cryptic will only give you something, so they can convince you to buy something.

*throws ship, clothing, and inventory slots at the crowd*
    *releases new ships and clothing*

*slightly lowers the price of keys*
    *release new lockboxes*

*gives away undersold items from the c-store*
    *dodges a public relation nightmare due to bad system changes, nerfs, etc...*

What about the stuff on Livestream?

Hahaha... Hahaha... Hahaha...

No comment.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So how do we get Favors and Pearls? Favors were mentioned one time (sandcastles) in the blog and pearls weren't mentioned at all. Are there Doff assignments?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited June 2014
    So how do we get Favors and Pearls? Favors were mentioned one time (sandcastles) in the blog and pearls weren't mentioned at all. Are there Doff assignments?
    You have to grind for them on Risa.
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Unlike how things went a few years ago, according to what I have been told, the new direction Cryptic is going in requires you to grind the event ships. Instead of giving the ships away, similar to a gesture of customer appreciation, Cryptic is now using the them to make money.

Cryptic will only give out: (1) items that have lost c-store value, (2) slots to give you more room for buying stuff, and (3) low quality items.

Cryptic will only give you something, so they can convince you to buy something.

*release new lockboxes*

You seem a wee bit cynical for the Star Trek Universe. :D
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ignore the trolls.
    edited June 2014
    lol... I think I cracked.

When it comes to the "Star Trek" Universe", the franchise will outlive the likes of "Star Trek: Online". Some of my cynicism is from recently completing the Undine Reputation System. So, I do apologize.

Did you know there is only 'one' ground Undine mission? You spend all that time leveling the Undine system, buying the ground pieces, unlocking the stores, and... well.. rofl... use the gear to play only one mission.

*prances away in her soon to be purchased Risian bikini*

Cryptic is such a joke.

Yep, I cracked.

:D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014

*release new lockboxes*

What about the stuff on Livestream?

Hahaha... Hahaha... Hahaha...

No comment.
    I keep hearing this.... but only two ships were ever given out like that. Neither is strictly bad, but neither is the equal of a z-store ship. In the case of the Odyssey, it was pretty much like a free trial membership that's designed to coax you to buy a full membership....

Anyways, the PvP race seems like it'll take a while, I flew the course in a jet pack and I think it'll take something like 5 minutes just to do one race. So a 30 min timer isn't bad at all.

I'm expecting the boards to be like floaters in that there are rentals and the low teir ones are cheap to buy.

I still have something like 350 tokens left from last year.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Eh, he's been like this since the Rep alterations. Just be glad he didn't toss up his Rep tier levels.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nor have I.

But I'm willing to bet it's by collecting LOLnut Pearls from the daily floater courses just like last year.

I've still got 19 pearls from last years event in my bank :D
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      edited June 2014
      lol... I think I cracked.

When it comes to the "Star Trek" Universe", the franchise will outlive the likes of "Star Trek: Online". Some of my cynicism is from recently completing the Undine Reputation System.

Did you know there is only 'one' ground Undine mission? You spend all that time leveling the Undine system, buying the ground pieces, unlocking the stores, and... well.. rofl... use the gear to play only one mission.

Cryptic is such a joke.

Yep, I cracked.

:D

LOL.
      I knew there was only 1 ground Undine mission.
      I usually only play the space based mission anyways. And only get the ground gear for when I repeat the storyline missions or do new ones or new FE's.

I get the reps just to say that I have done them. And eventually I plan to outfit ships and crews with that gear. But so far it hasn't held me back. So I haven't felt the need to rush it.

I haven't completed the undine rep yet, but getting close. Vacation has kind of slowed my progress. That and work, family and holidays.

Just hang in there and try to enjoy the ride while it lasts.
      Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
      KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
      RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
      TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
      edited June 2014
      Hmm, was really expecting at least Trendy joining the discussion by now and saying something like: "Don't know, will check with the devs."

I don't like this silence.

As much as I gather, the ship will be costing probably 1000 Pearls for the first character on a given account and less for any subsequent ones. Pearls will most likely be gotten by flying through the same (or very similar) courses as last year with a floater.

The hoverboard and sandcastle building will most likely award Lohlunat favors necessary for all the other (non ship) items for sale on Risa (in the event rep store).

I have no clue whether the dancing competition and Horgahn hunt carry over, both rewarding Lohlunat favors. I'd be logical to keep them and have the new content complement them (similar to winter event additions), but so far we've had no confirmation.
      TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
      Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
      Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
      edited June 2014
      LOL.
      I knew there was only 1 ground Undine mission.
      I usually only play the space based mission anyways. And only get the ground gear for when I repeat the storyline missions or do new ones or new FE's.

I get the reps just to say that I have done them. And eventually I plan to outfit ships and crews with that gear. But so far it hasn't held me back. So I haven't felt the need to rush it.

I haven't completed the undine rep yet, but getting close. Vacation has kind of slowed my progress. That and work, family and holidays.

Just hang in there and try to enjoy the ride while it lasts.
      I am going to take a break for awhile. I had plans on sticking around for the summer event; however, I have decided to concentrate on life stuff.

*nods*

I do understand what you are saying.

I just hit that point where the game has temporarily ended. Since I thought there would be more, I had one of those instant shocks to the system.

I 'might' concentrate on obtaining ship gear??? I do not know.

I need time to think.
      edited June 2014
      I am going to take a break for awhile. I had plans on sticking around for the summer event; however, I have decided to concentrate on life stuff.

*nods*

I do understand what you are saying.

I just hit that point where the game has temporarily ended. Since I thought there would be more, I had one of those instant shocks to the system.

I 'might' concentrate on obtaining ship gear??? I do not know.

I need time to think.

A wise course. And just remember, you can always return to the game till they turn servers off. So it doesn't hurt to take breaks.

edited June 2014
      I've still got 19 pearls from last years event in my bank :D
      how did you get exactly 19 Pearls? I thought those were soemthign you got in lots of 40.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Favors?
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      edited June 2014
      how did you get exactly 19 Pearls? I thought those were soemthign you got in lots of 40.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Favors?

Pearls definately, i went a bit crazy with the lobi last year , and it's put me into a slightly advantageous position this year regarding the free ship
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        edited June 2014
        Ah, the lobi bundles. I forgot about those. Yeah those did give random amounts didn't they...

Heh, I don't remember who, but last year there was at least one person who had the ship almost immediately. I saw several in the first week... heh.
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
      • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
        edited June 2014
        and that mission is one that's so easy, a fresh level 50 in nothing but uncommon mk xi gear has no trouble doing it...on elite

though, the gear itself has plenty of uses outside undine content

the armor, for instance, is a melee player's wet dream (assuming i'm not mixing up this armor with the lobi store one and it's the one with the +30% melee damage), and the gun is curently a rather powerful weapon...though, it's that powerful because it's bugged, so it may not remain as such after taking a nerf arrow to the knee

the shield is really the only piece that isn't anything to write home about...though it does offer decent CC resists
        Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
        An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
        A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
        A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
        "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
        Passion and Serenity are one.
        I gain power by understanding both.
        In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
        I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
        The Force is united within me.
      • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
        edited June 2014
        Are Klingons going to have ridges down their chest, spine and feet as in canon?
        edited June 2014
        Ah, the lobi bundles. I forgot about those. Yeah those did give random amounts didn't they...

Heh, I don't remember who, but last year there was at least one person who had the ship almost immediately. I saw several in the first week... heh.

It was a random number
        NMXb2ph.png
        • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          toiva wrote: »
          Hmm, was really expecting at least Trendy joining the discussion by now and saying something like: "Don't know, will check with the devs."

I don't like this silence.

Well, they have been a tiny bit busy, what with the fire and everything.
          Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
        • zookeeperstevezookeepersteve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          How does a KDF-allied Romulan get to this planet??? (Yes I know what sector it is in but when I try to get there I get some sort of message saying I need to have Marauder unlocked and there's no explaination as to how to do that.):(:confused:
        • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          How does a KDF-allied Romulan get to this planet??? (Yes I know what sector it is in but when I try to get there I get some sort of message saying I need to have Marauder unlocked and there's no explaination as to how to do that.):(:confused:

there well be a option in ur journal that well let u transwarp there.

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          Assuming you are level 50, you might also be able to get there after you do surface tension.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
        • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
          edited June 2014

Marauding Force is a skill gained by leveling your Marauder Doffs.
          beerxhyper wrote: »
          there well be a option in ur journal that well let u transwarp there.

This was how it was done last year, and will be done this way this year.
          Assuming you are level 50, you might also be able to get there after you do surface tension.

Sadly no. When there was the Risa party event a while back, I tried to help a friend get there, with Diplomatic Immunity and everything, but no luck.
          Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
        • zookeeperstevezookeepersteve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          Okay, thanks muchly for the replies to that!
        • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          You have to grind for them on Risa.

*suppressing urge to be viciously sarcastic*

Clarification:
          *Will all of the methods for earning favors and pearls from last year be returning?
          *Aside from the aforementioned sandcastle building, will there be any new methods for earning favors and/or pearls?

Joined January 2009
          Finger wrote:
          Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
        • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          Definitely glad I still have like 5k favors sitting in my account bank..... :D
        • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          Hmm, I had the feeling that race was going to be PvP.

Whatever the reward is, I really hope there will be a non PvP alternative. Unless the Devs forgot about the Winter event and how so many people were unhappy with the Winter PvP race.
        • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          based on the blog I believe the reward is monkey tags.

So to paraphrase our friend from the Winter event......"Don't you want a feathered Monkey friend?"
          fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
          @ren_larreck
        • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
          edited June 2014
          That monkey is standing LIKE A BOSS
          GwaoHAD.png