test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    based on the blog I believe the reward is monkey tags.

So to paraphrase our friend from the Winter event......"Don't you want a feathered Monkey friend?"

Yes. Yes, I do.

It's probably a good thing we can't name them, though.
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Finally! Some swimwear for my female FED and KDF toons, Now I get to maek them look hot and sexy. LOL! XD
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ricosakara wrote: »
    Finally! Some swimwear for my female FED and KDF toons, Now I get to maek them look hot and sexy. LOL! XD

but....but....i wanted those Hawaiian shirts for my cats.. =U.U=
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    based on the blog I believe the reward is monkey tags.

So to paraphrase our friend from the Winter event......"Don't you want a feathered Monkey friend?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5z3JqONQLQ
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    why no mankinis for male captains ? :)
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
    edited June 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    The winter event race that gave you the Portraits for the ships was not PvP, it was just a lap around the course vs a PvE critter that didn't even try to win. It should not have prevented you from getting the ship. The equivalent in the summer event is the floater challenge, which is also not PvP.

Those critters sure as hell tried to win against me.
    Got so frustrated I stopped doing them and did the PvP race that I was good at instead.:P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OOooh! Powerboards! DO WANT!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I will make sure to grab a new swimsuit for my Romulan. I know she will love it. I got some favors saved up from last year that I didn't spend.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Summer Event is nearly here, set your Phasers to Lame. So Female captains have three times the costumes that the males have, seems like sex discrimination. Looks like they are pandering to the dirty old men, leering over scantily clad female toons. Well done Cryptic, you have turned STO into Sex Trek Online. :(

Space monkeys, surf boards and sand castles, how low can you go. I know the standard Dev response, “Anything in Star Trek is possible.” Well just because you can, doesn't mean you have to. Had hoped Cryptic would have higher standards, but guessing they don't. All this is just grind filler as Cryptic can't be bothered to do any real game content. :mad:

The only good thing to come out is the reduce grind for your other toons to get the ship, just as long as it actually works.

There's a thread on the forums which asks what would you remove from the game. Judging by this I'd say the words STAR TREK. :(
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I, personally, LOVE the summer event. The casual gameplay it offers is a refreshing and offers a distraction from the predominant 'shoot everything/everyone in sight' gamplay.

This.
    MMOs must have distractions or they get boring.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, whilst this is the stock response to this sort of post, it is nonetheless apt:
    No-one is FORCING you to do it.

I for one have very little interest in the Risan ships. So I didn't grind for them.

I, personally, LOVE the summer event. The casual gameplay it offers is a refreshing and offers a distraction from the predominant 'shoot everything/everyone in sight' gamplay.

And to honest, I'm not certain of what you were expecting in terms of male swimwear anyway? Male swimwear just doesn't offer the variety that female swimwear does. Fact of life.
    And considering the 'uproar' concerning the absence of swimwear during last year's summer event (the first one), I think that a big thanks should go out to the dev's for introducing it at all.

Well, as for male swimwear, if the microshorts as Smirk called them are actually what we see on one of the pictures in the blog, it'll be enough for me.

Though it would be nice if there was something to do on Risa after the Event. It seems odd to grind like hell to get restricted outfits for just the ecvent.

:)
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Give me ship stats or the Monkey pet gets it. :mad:
    EnYn9p9.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Well, whilst the summer event 'content' won't be available subsequent to the event, the map (thankfully) remains open, meaning that we can still beam down to wear the swimwear, fly our floaters and (presumably) use the hoverboards etc.

Sure, but outside of sleazy RP, I would appreciate something to do on Risa outside of the event. :)
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, looks like I don't have to worry about this event. Not my, or my character's cup of tea at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Give me ship stats or the Monkey pet gets it. :mad:

If i have my way the monkey pet gets it regardless. I blame Planet of the Apes.
    Not really interested in the swimsuits, but i am interested in the stats from the cruiser.

I simply like making unusual builds.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I Want Me Monkey
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wow - a character that doesn't like to stop shooting stuff for five minutes; sounds like he (or she) must be GREAT at parties! ;)

Nope, a character who would prefer to relax in his quarters with a good book, rather than dance around in swim shorts like a teenager on spring break. He's a Starfleet Admiral, after all. He has some dignity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    The Corvette is my piercing tetryon boat. Combined with Nukara space set it is remarkably effective.

1.4k impulse burst/ 200 impulse constant torpboat for me... chew a battery for a bo, fire spread...watch the fireworks as the Superluminal tears off to the other side of the map, leaving a nasty present en route :D

All hail the undine engine... looks like my engine plasma is cooling and condensing after being dumped overboard :)
  • atop2atop2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For male captains:

Shorts
    Partial Wetsuit
    Full Wetsuit

For female captains:

One shoulder
    Monokini
    Bikini
    Cropped
    One Piece
    String Bikini
    Tech
    Tie Waist
    Wetsuit
    Cutout
    Halter

I must admit, I am disappointed by the lack of male swimwear. Especially considering that I possess seven male characters and only one female character.

I now have one female with too many clothing options, and seven males with too few clothing options for each of them. I would prefer to have more variety so as to provide each of my characters with their own suit.

Other than this, however, I am looking forward to the event. It should be just as enjoyable as the last.
    edited June 2014
    So, can feathered monkeys fly or not ? The Wicked Orion of the West needs to know ! :eek::D
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OMG powerboards!!!!
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Looks like they are pandering to the dirty old men, leering over scantily clad female toons. Well done Cryptic, you have turned STO into Sex Trek Online. :(
    First of all, that's a lot to assume. Just because there are more options for females, that is your only conclusion? Really? You immediately reject every other possibility, such as more demographic than that prefers outfits for females, or that it's simply a better business decision regardless?

Second of all, what's wrong with "leering over scantily clad female toons"? It's natural for men(and homosexual women) to lust over the female form. This is because the male brain is programmed to seek out the female form for mating. The male brain's lustful mating urges make no distinction between the shape of a real female and merely a shape created by someone to resemble the female form. This is why early humans used to create paintings and carvings that depict the female form in some way. This is even why hetero males lust after photos of models in swimsuit calenders and playboy magazines - it's the same principal, as they're merely photos. Despite being so detailed, it's still a mere depiction of a female, not a real female at all. So this practice is very common, thus illogical to treat as some socially stigmatized behavior.

Also, Your little "Sex Trek Online" insult is the most unreasonable here. It implies that the swimsuits are the focus of the whole game now, which is patently absurd. On the contrary, they are a mere fraction of the vast array of content this game has, even outside of this miniscule seasonal event. And keep in mind that the swimwear can only be worn on Risa, and possibly aboard one or both of the available Risian starships. =)
    No offense, but our 'Starfleet Admirals' do some pretty undignified things for their supposed ranks, not the least of which includes:

Chasing bunnies (aka Epohh)
    Mining for Dil

And the numerous other things that they/we do that a Starfleet Admiral would/should just send someone of lower rank to do instead.
    Don't forget insisting on staying in command of at least one starship, if not a few.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    So, can feathered monkeys fly or not ? The Wicked Orion of the West needs to know ! :eek::D

That's the 1 million lobi question!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • krenzikkrenzik Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I had so much fun at the Risa event last year. Out of all the games I play, STO has the most fun events. The Xmas event is cool for sure, but Risa is just a blast. I'm looking forward to the jetpacking, surfboarding hoopla!
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    And, on a related note, will the discount system we saw a glimpse of be in place?
    Dev Blog wrote:
    Once you’ve earned the corvette or the luxury cruiser, the Risians will give you a significant discount if you want to pick up another one! (Any character on your account will get this discount once you’ve unlocked it.)

-> the real question is how much the discount is going to be, most people said just 40, some others 400 pears
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited June 2014

muwhahaha i'll get u my pretty and ur little Eppoh to.:P

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The can with our special crafted catapult.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited June 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    The can with our special crafted catapult.

That would be plan b, plan a is to strap some rigged jet floaters on them and use them as monkey missiles. Way better than the Voth and their silly laser dino's. :D:cool:
    edited June 2014
    No offense, but our 'Starfleet Admirals' do some pretty undignified things for their supposed ranks, not the least of which includes:

Chasing bunnies (aka Epohh)

Chasing Epohhs can be very stress relaxing....... ask any Klingon out there that is trying out the Romulan plasma flamethrower on them. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg