test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    galadiman wrote: »
    For those who can't get it, these were the (possibly to be modified) set bonuses:

(2) +3 Engine power; +26.2 Particle Generators, +26.2 Graviton Generators

That's pretty decent for a two part set, and fits the gear that are in the set. Not too shabby.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For those who can't get it, these were the (possibly to be modified) set bonuses:

So it gives a good boost to the console power of the cruiser and the wake of the 'vette. Nice. Using both those consoles on either ship looks to be a fun combo.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Unfortunate, given the lack of science stations on both Risian ships
    jaturnley wrote: »
    So it gives a good boost to the console power of the cruiser and the wake of the 'vette. Nice. Using both those consoles on either ship looks to be a fun combo.

Polishing a TRIBBLE
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited June 2014
    Nice ship!
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm only pointing this out because I love you Trendy.
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Sorry this Dev-Blog is a half done job.

What are the solar sails doing?
    What's the console 2pc bonus?
    How much does the ship cost? (1000 pearls I assume)

Does it have a special interior?
    What's with the last screenshot in the blog with the different hull material? Is that a Reman shield or perhaps the 2-piece bonus or just one of the many ways we can customize the looks? How come the last screenshot is the only one where you can see the resort 'biome' from the outside of the ship?

That's from the Wake console's 2-piece tooltip on Tribble? This belongs in the blog post.

The previous dev blog was only half done too:
    toiva wrote: »
    And, a little of topic: Will we get clarifications on the risian activities? There's plenty unknowns and guessing in the preceding blog's thread.

Btw, thanks again for nice larger pics. :D

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited June 2014
    I hope that they are just saving the interior info for another post. You can see in the last pic that the resort/pool area in the back is still there, it must just get closed up at warp and in combat mode (makes sense). It would be a real shame to have that on the ship and not be able to visit it.

They also haven't given any information on the new duty officers and the missions needed to get them. There must still be another post coming today - fingers crossed.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Crud.

I said I wouldn't do the next free ship grind, since I haven't unpacked most of the last several ships on most toons. But this one and it's Soliton Wave Generator...

Crud.
    edited June 2014
    What's with the last screenshot in the blog with the different hull material? Is that a Reman shield or perhaps the 2-piece bonus or just one of the many ways we can customize the looks? How come the last screenshot is the only one where you can see the resort 'biome' from the outside of the ship?
    It's probably just an alternate paint job. The Corvette has a crapload of textures and colors, they they say in the blog that this one has even more.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited June 2014
    I hate grinding but this is goin on my must have list
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2014
    So If I get this right..

The Free Version of the ship does not come with the custom interior we all want..

we need the Lobi Version of it....

right???
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Looks bigger in the inside than the outside...
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There are more than enough good C-store ships with zero grind for "AtB - Faw - space bar to win" - no need to grind out this one without something really special.

But, but, but...the other ships...are starships...this is a cruise ship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HisnhZjvD0M

It's the Pew Pew Princess! :rolleyes:
    So If I get this right..

The Free Version of the ship does not come with the custom interior we all want..

right???

You've uh...never done a Winter/Summer Event, eh?
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    drreverend wrote: »
    Notice the effect of the console? +100 Inertia for a few seconds. Epic power sliiiiiiiiide.
    +Inertia HARMS powerslide, because higher inertia value = less powerslide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    +Inertia HARMS powerslide, because higher inertia value = less powerslide.

Ah. Well. Nuts then.

I want epic power slides. >.>
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So If I get this right..

Where are you getting that from? There's no mention of lobi or interior, and its already a fleet-grade ship, and none of the other summer or winter event ships had a lobi counterpart. No mention of anything really. Its probably just "this is the ship, there is no interior," simple as that.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The ship is not OP enough. I think it could use a hangar and a 2nd Lt.Cmdr. station.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is like putting a rail gun turret and nuke launcher on a Titanic class ship. Hmmm. Not me!
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Where are you getting that from? There's no mention of lobi or interior, and its already a fleet-grade ship, and none of the other summer or winter event ships had a lobi counterpart. No mention of anything really. Its probably just "this is the ship, there is no interior," simple as that.

Its the "Lobi Consortium" that confuses him and confused me.

We are used to pay with Lobi, but for this ship we have to pay Pearls.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    The ship is not OP enough. I think it could use a hangar and a 2nd Lt.Cmdr. station.

Should have been a Battle Carrier that could launch Risian Corvette frigate pets if you had it, eh? ;)
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Its the "Lobi Consortium" that confuses him and confused me.

We are used to pay with Lobi, but for this ship we have to pay Pearls.

And in the Winter you pay with autographed glossy pictures of Q. To be crystal clear to anyone reading this thread: There are no lobi versions of the holiday event ships.

Lobi crystals only come into play if you want to pay for the ship instead of grinding for it (or if the event ends and you need a small handful of Pearls/Glossies at the end.)
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Risian_Lohlunat_Pearl_Bundle
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Q%27s_Appreciation_Package

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited June 2014

The ship's incredible agility for a ship of its size and class drew the attention of the Lobi Crystal Consortium, who purchased the rights to manufacture armed versions of the vessel.

From there ^, I also understand the whole Lobi - Pearl Deal... But having an Arm Version on the ship is much different than what everyone is saying about the Lobi To Pearl Packs.. I've used Lobi packs before in the Winter and the past Summer Event... however if you read closer the thing quoted above does not mention anything about Lobi To Pearl Packs... but about Armed versions of the ship
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This looks like an awesome ship :) I have a couple of questions though, one being what is the 2-piece set and are the interiors anything special?

When you get as many characters as me.. its also a grind factor.. *sighs* and time factor. I am working all summer.. sadly.
    edited June 2014
    The Breen ship this .. ehrmm I mean last..... year has a bridge.. so you never know.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    When you get as many characters as me.. its also a grind factor.. *sighs* and time factor. I am working all summer.. sadly.

Alts do get discounts once one gets the ship, assuming that helps.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
    edited June 2014

You've uh...never done a Winter/Summer Event, eh?

I've done all of them since they where 1st introduced...
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No mention of a bridge, no console set stats, no info on the risian doffs, no specifics on the discount or the slipstream ability, you mention the customization in passing but there's no pictures or examples like there were last year...

Is there not a template for dev blogs yet? Come on guys, there's more I'd like to know...
    edited June 2014

Wow .. really? They did not have that discount last year? I think? I couldn't get enough pearls last year for any of my characters. I know that the winter event did not have any discount to alts.. because I got the ship for several toons (thanks to the extension).
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is like putting a rail gun turret and nuke launcher on a Titanic class ship. Hmmm. Not me!

I think what you meant to say is:

This is like putting a rail gun turret and nuke launcher on a Titanic class ship. AWESOME!

:D
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
    edited June 2014
    No mention of a bridge, no console set stats, no info on the risian doffs, no specifics on the discount...

Is there not a template for dev blogs yet? Come on guys, there's more I'd like to know...

Be patient... most of the Dev blogs go up around 4pm (GMT-7hrs) that is about 2- 3 hrs from the time of my reply...
    edited June 2014
    Alts do get discounts once one gets the ship, assuming that helps.

And so what happens when one already owns a Risan corvette?

Do I automatically get a discount on my alts ???