Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    I'm aware of this as well. I have a solution in the works.

What about the rest of the broken headgear, like the MACO and Omega helmets that some players are having the same exact issue with?
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Parts that need to show up are the facemask for Zaranites, headband that the alien next to Admiral Cartwright wore in The Voyage Home, braids and side tail hair styles, other face bits from the various era's, and also how about hand bits to match the face bits?
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    What about the rest of the broken headgear, like the MACO and Omega helmets that some players are having the same exact issue with?

Please send us a screenshot, or a description of the exact issue. Also, race and gender of the affected character(s) will help a lot. It's likely this has already been flagged for investigation, but I just want to make sure.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Callevista if you're still about, what's the story with the faceless Romulan Embassy boffs due to trading? Will there ever be a fix? It can be seen in the link in my signature or right here

screenshot_2014-02-01-05-51-29.jpg

And while we're on the subject of Romulan Boffs, will the Embassy boffs ever be modifiable like the Liberated Borg Romulan Science boff clearly is?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Missing Thigh armors on Romulan females and Omega Harvester outfit :

screenshot_2014-04-08-11-02-27_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Please fix this.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Callevista if you're still about, what's the story with the faceless Romulan Embassy boffs due to trading? Will there ever be a fix? It can be seen in the link in my signature or right here

screenshot_2014-02-01-05-51-29.jpg

Thanks, I'll look into this.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Callevista,

Any chance of a fix soonish for Liberated Borg Male/Female Romulans/Remans issues with skin missing with Risa outfits, and a fix for many of their boots only have black as a color option.

With the Summer even coming it would be nice to have some resolution on this.
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Here's a few costume issues I've noticed over the past few months.

Spire Uniform and Gorn

First, if you wear the open neck variant, there's a visible gap between the skin and the shirt.

Second, if you wear the tight pants and select to have to bare Gorn feet, there's a distinct difference in bulk between the bottom of the pants and the top of the skin.

Voth Light Soldier Outfit

My Saurian Boffs still have no arms when wearing the top.

Bun Hairstyles and Hair Loss

Season 9 seems to have brought so form of alopecia to the Bun hairstyles, especially to Bun 01, Bun 02, Bun 3 and Bun 5.

I did raise this whilst Season 9 was still on Tribble, but as yet, nothing has changed.

Romulan Republic Undershirt 1

Okay this one's just a pet peeve of mine from way back when LoR was still in closed beta on Tribble.

When you change the colour of the piping on undershirt 1 you can see that it changes colour at the top, both front and back. However only the back changes colour at the bottom of the shirt, despite the front having a clearly visible line.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Missing Thigh armors on Romulan females and Omega Harvester outfit :

screenshot_2014-04-08-11-02-27_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Please fix this.

Thanks for posting. I'll take a look.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for posting. I'll take a look.

Thanks. It seems to affect all Federation aligned female remans and romulans (Bridge officers have the same missing parts) .
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    daboholic wrote: »
    Here's a few costume issues I've noticed over the past few months.

Spire Uniform and Gorn

First, if you wear the open neck variant, there's a visible gap between the skin and the shirt.

Second, if you wear the tight pants and select to have to bare Gorn feet, there's a distinct difference in bulk between the bottom of the pants and the top of the skin.

Voth Light Soldier Outfit

My Saurian Boffs still have no arms when wearing the top.

Bun Hairstyles and Hair Loss

Season 9 seems to have brought so form of alopecia to the Bun hairstyles, especially to Bun 01, Bun 02, Bun 3 and Bun 5.

I did raise this whilst Season 9 was still on Tribble, but as yet, nothing has changed.

Romulan Republic Undershirt 1

Okay this one's just a pet peeve of mine from way back when LoR was still in closed beta on Tribble.

When you change the colour of the piping on undershirt 1 you can see that it changes colour at the top, both front and back. However only the back changes colour at the bottom of the shirt, despite the front having a clearly visible line.

Theres a few bug fixes going through our testing right and they include all these that you've mentioned.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for fixing cat tails on the Undine armor.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Theres a few bug fixes going through our testing right and they include all these that you've mentioned.

I hope these are on the list too since they effect every female character in the game.

If a female character is wearing the Dyson Open Jacket and has a skin with a pattern like the Trill or Infected skins, there will be a haze around the lower neck area obscuring the texture pattern on the lower half of the neck.

On the 2160 Mirror outfit, a related bug makes 3 visible glow beams shine through the back of the shoulders and neck area on the outfit. It seems like it's a shader issue or something related to trying to make a shadow on the open collar of there outfit tops so I would assume it would happen on any open top where the collar does not touch the neck.

I have all my graphics cranked to the max in case you guys need to know what graphic settings to try to fix this issue.

Dyson Error

nXRS8hm.jpg

Miner Outfit Error

UmofX8r.jpg

2160 Mirror Error

VEFnbFg.jpg

Here is what it should look like as it was the only armor I could find that was not broken in my inventory.

Hirogen Armor

kbwNKSF.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I hope these are on the list too since they effect every female character in the game.

If a female character is wearing the Dyson Open Jacket and has a skin with a pattern like the Trill or Infected skins, there will be a haze around the lower neck area obscuring the texture pattern on the lower half of the neck.

On the 2160 Mirror outfit, a related bug makes 3 visible glow beams shine through the back of the shoulders and neck area on the outfit. It seems like it's a shader issue or something related to trying to make a shadow on the open collar of there outfit tops so I would assume it would happen on any open top where the collar does not touch the neck.

I have all my graphics cranked to the max in case you guys need to know what graphic settings to try to fix this issue.

Dyson Error

nXRS8hm.jpg

Miner Outfit Error

UmofX8r.jpg

2160 Mirror Error

VEFnbFg.jpg

Here is what it should look like as it was the only armor I could find that was not broken in my inventory.

Hirogen Armor

kbwNKSF.jpg

These issues are part of a larger one we are trying to work out. Resolutions to these will probably not come for sometime - though it IS being worked on.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    These issues are part of a larger one we are trying to work out. Resolutions to these will probably not come for sometime - though it IS being worked on.

Bummer as it worked fine up to Season 9. Maybe the answer would be full body skins to finally arrive for many of these complextions. At least then it might not be as noticible as the female Reman body skin shows that it is possible and the Infected skin should already exist as a full body skin since I think the Liberated Borg the LTS get use it.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Callevista, are there any plans to do a major customization update for a lot of the species?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bummer as it worked fine up to Season 9. Maybe the answer would be full body skins to finally arrive for many of these complextions...
    If I had to guess, I would bet that full-body-skins are being worked on to facilitate the upcoming Summer Event's swimwear.

I mean if they don't, then there are going to be a lot of non-human characters that will look pretty odd in the new clothing, and plenty of matching QQing to go along wiith. It's no doubt Cryptic will expect us to spend time in game grinding for them. Sure would be a hard sell if many characters are broken by the new costumes. Heh.

Now whether that's the fix to the specific issues you're posting, that Callevista is referring to? I'm not sure.

BTW, as requested in the OP, I'd appreciate it if you could link to pictures, rather than actually posting pictures. I mean I know in the Art forum, pics are allowed, but when many people start posting them and/or quoting/reposting them, it makes for a long/hard to read thread. Thanks. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's a similar bug with some KDF top + bottom combos, a gap in the torso. Here's an illustration using the Korath pants, but this also affects similar parts like the Miner or Voth Light pants. When used with their matching top, there's no problem, but mix-and-match a bit and there's the gap.

Also, the Korath outfit still has two old, outstanding bugs- the sash looks wrong on females (where it crosses the shoulder- that's covered up in the screenshot above) and the many tops only allow the left gauntlet to be used.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bummer as it worked fine up to Season 9. Maybe the answer would be full body skins to finally arrive for many of these complextions. At least then it might not be as noticible as the female Reman body skin shows that it is possible and the Infected skin should already exist as a full body skin since I think the Liberated Borg the LTS get use it.

I think that's part of the "not soon" part.
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Wow really? In that case I'll go and sit in the corner doing the happy dance :D

On a serious note, it really is great to see you guys pushing to get things fixed and make improvements to character customisation.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I just unlocked the Dyson outfit on the Remans and they do not seem to suffer from that hazy neck bug like I posted with the Infected skin on the previous page so maybe the full body skin is the answer.

zkR6NNg.jpg
  • Options
    klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just as an aside you guys:

Best thread on the forums.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Since they are looking into fixing bugs... Posted those sometime ago, still wasn't fixed, so re-posting.

Odyssey uniform for females - Admiral rank pips don't mirror on both sides of collar like they do on the male counterpart.

Voth harness piece part for females - clips with about every other costume than the Voth. Again, this doesn't happen with male pieces, so I'd say it's completelly intended to be interchangeable with other costume pieces... it just isn't, when female characters are concerned, because of the bug/clipping issues.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Voth harness piece part for females - clips with about every other costume than the Voth. Again, this doesn't happen with male pieces, so I'd say it's completelly intended to be interchangeable with other costume pieces... it just isn't, when female characters are concerned, because of the bug/clipping issues.

This bothers me a lot. :(
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This bothers me a lot. :(
    Me too. I blame the large bewbs limitation on female characters for that clipping again... :(
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Me too. I blame the large bewbs limitation on female characters for that clipping again... :(

Nah. I just think it's scaled for a male chest. It did give me the idea where they could just get rid of the lower part and have it as another collar/necklace option. That would be cool too. :D
  • Options
    tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's a similar bug with some KDF top + bottom combos, a gap in the torso. Here's an illustration using the Korath pants, but this also affects similar parts like the Miner or Voth Light pants. When used with their matching top, there's no problem, but mix-and-match a bit and there's the gap.

Also, the Korath outfit still has two old, outstanding bugs- the sash looks wrong on females (where it crosses the shoulder- that's covered up in the screenshot above) and the many tops only allow the left gauntlet to be used.

The gap is something that's been outstanding on females for a while. If you compare the 'hips' of the trousers to another set (like the riveted trousers) you'll see that they're lower on the Korath trousers. The knock on effect is that the Korath trousers clip badly with any boots other than the Korath's own. This problem, obviously, only affects the female characters/BOffs, as male variants look good, with limited clipping.

Tim
  • Options
    tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Thanks. It seems to affect all Federation aligned female remans and romulans (Bridge officers have the same missing parts) .

And all KDF-aligned female Romulans and LBRs (Lib Borg Romulans), both player character and BOffs.

Tim
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014

This also affects the Odyssey jacket Fed-side. I have it paired with the Sierra 1 skirt on a couple BOFFs and there's a thin gap between them. It's only really noticeable in certain frames of animation.