test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    I have a question for you CrypticJoeJing, perhaps you can answer:

The new Red and Green Winter Jackets/Coats do not come with matching Belts as the old Black, Brown, and White ones do.

So my question is: Is this a Bug or WAI?

Hmmm...not sure but will find out more.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm...not sure but will find out more.

Looks like there should be belts, as they are listed as a fix in the most recent tribble patch notes.
  • dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So I created an Off-Duty outfit for my main toon (a male alien, if it makes any difference) when I first started him not more than three months before the release of LoR. I almost never use it, to the point that I can't even remember the last time I did; but with the winter event, I wanted to try a costume piece I bought. But when I went to modify and wear my Off-Duty outfit, I found that it had somehow been transformed into a Uniform, and that I was unable to switch it back.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9333/fx27.png
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
  • crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    Looks like there should be belts, as they are listed as a fix in the most recent tribble patch notes.

Brandon just pointed me to the same notes :) so looks like a fix is on the way.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dinoyipi wrote: »
    So I created an Off-Duty outfit for my main toon (a male alien, if it makes any difference) when I first started him not more than three months before the release of LoR. I almost never use it, to the point that I can't even remember the last time I did; but with the winter event, I wanted to try a costume piece I bought. But when I went to modify and wear my Off-Duty outfit, I found that it had somehow been transformed into a Uniform, and that I was unable to switch it back.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9333/fx27.png

Look for the drop down on the Head Options tab.
  • dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Look for the drop down on the Head Options tab.
    Well, now I feel like a total idiot. >_< Thanks, though.
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I feel your pain, Klingon fans. A lot of us do and we are aware of a lot of issues and things are under consideration for fixes/improvements.

Will the thigh high boots become available for KDF female characters (or at *least* female Orions)? There are more than a few Orion NPCs who have the thigh high boots. It'd be nice to have my characters able to wear them as well. And have boots for women that don't have any spikes.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Has there been any movement on or mention of the Voth hip attachment problems?
    Is CrypticJoeJing aware?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't have a source, forgot to take a screenshot earlier, but apparently Romulan faction characters can't use the belts that come with the winter jackets. I got one on my Romulan first and didn't even realize it had a belt until I saw the option on one of my Feddies.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Brandon just pointed me to the same notes :) so looks like a fix is on the way.
    Excellent. Thanks guys! :D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've noticed that the belt from the Voth light armor pack can't be used with skirts, at least Starfleet side. In addition the option to use the mercenary belt (from this pack) doesn't appear as an option when using any of the skirts or tight pants on females either. It appears just fine for males using tight pants though.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't like those folds on the Voth light armor shirt. They make the costume look like 2 sizes to big.
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, there are no winter belts for my Rommies!!! Winter belts please!!!!
  • madman2828madman2828 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Tal Shiar Uniform belt for males, gauntlets, boots type 2, the shoulder pad thingy hakeev and Sela wear, the sash, the second Tal Shiar belt that neither gender (player) get access to, the leg wrap around dual that looks like the same material as the belt and chest gear for male, also female should get the chest gear I believe. Sorry for any typos to any grammar, spelling fanatics, Im hung up on getting all my Tal Shiar stuff. :P
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is a bug with the Voth Elite Armor helmet.

The bug is that no "glowing" lights show on the helmet.

When I first got the armor and turned on visuals, the lights were there, but for the costume unlock, the lights or "glow" on the side of the helmet are missing.

You get the light or "glow" on the chest piece, but not on the helmet, wich makes the costume look odd.

Also, the unlock visor seems all smooth, whilst the the visuals turned on one seems to have some lines on the visor.

I hope the above gets fixed sharpish.
    edited December 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    There is a bug with the Voth Elite Armor helmet.

The bug is that no "glowing" lights show on the helmet...
    This is noted in the OP and a fix is coming. Details here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13852931&postcount=187

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • starmada1starmada1 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My klingon-aligned Alien male Republic character, when trying to use the republic arm guards, runs across a problem where the color palettes don't match. The right guard uses the "klingon" color scheme, and the left one uses the "romulan belts" color scheme.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There's a bug with the T5 Dyson set for cats. Their tail shows on the default look, but if you try to use the tailor version, it's not there.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is noted in the OP and a fix is coming. Details here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13852931&postcount=187

DOH!

Must have been blind on both eyes to miss that. :eek:

Oh well, better one report too many, than none at all, right??
  • dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I bought the Red Winter Jacket for my Gorn, however I can only find "Belt - Wintercoat Red" listed in the Tailor options. What am I missing????

The stats for the jacket list that it's usable by all factions.

Thanks!!!

+++++Update+++++ I found my answer. Even though the belt shows up under Uniform, the jacket only shows up under Off Duty.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Issue: Clipping issues
    Costume: TNG Movie uniform - Open, Female.
    Picture - here

The uniform jacket clips with the undershirt, around the collar. This happens when you set the stance to Twitchy. Maybe look into it?
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Issue: Clipping issues
    Costume: Vedek Robes (DS9 Bundle) - Female
    Pictures: Exhibit A / Exhibit B

All manner of clipping, using the Vedek Robe top and its associated chest piece. Stance is "feminine" with the associated running cycle to match.
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Apparently, the skirt clipping issue (seams split when stomach slider is set above 60% and/or the hip slider is about 100%) is possibly solved.

At least on Tribble.

As I don't have holodeck access since the launch of season 8 and just recently (some hours ago) got a fix on Tribble, I can't tell if this clipping fix is already live. And as Tribble doesn't give you access on the TOS Romulan Uniform, I can't tell if that one's fixed, too.

~~~~~~~~~

There's another clipping issue, though. An old one, but I haven't seen any hint on it, here.
    If a char is created with hips wider than the shoulders, the arms/hands will disappear in the hips.
    Related to this, if a char with a stomach setting above 60% lies down on one of the lounge chairs on Risa (resort map), the hand will disappear in the stomach.
    Not sure if this belongs here, though. If you think it does, I'll provide you with some pics. Just let me know.
    The formal wear clipping issue is definitively fixed.

Now that I'm able to log in on Holodeck again, I took a look at the TOS Romulan uniform.
    Though it has changed, there's still some sort of clipping in the waistband of the skirt.
    You won't see it when wearing a long shirt/jacket, but if you don one of those cropped winter jackets, you will see it. Somehow looks like the skirt's material would be stretched to the max in that area.
    On the other hand, any stomach size above the middle section of the slider will cause some awful distortion of the lower belly if you wear this skirt. On the Satra BOFF it even cuts off parts of the belly if you put the stomach size to the max.

Will post pics/ticket # as soon as I get them.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The colours of Orion male head bolts and chest armor are linked together, so they must be the same colours. These colours are further linked to Klingon spine armor. Changing one colour of any of these parts changes the colour of all of them.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    edited December 2013
    In today's patch Cryptic fixed the glowy bits on the Voth Armor Chest, and put the Visor on the Helmet (thanks!), but still no glowy bits on the Helmet.

http://i.imgur.com/4I8yIrQ.jpg

Ticket ID #2,184,444.

• neyarineyari Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just unlocked the Voth Heavy Combat Armor for the tailor (not the actual armor, the project after that). It however is not showing in my tailor. I have no clue how to resolve this.
  • usskinotousskinoto Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi,

anyone knows if the Earrings buyed at Lobi Store can
    be use only by humans (like the feds)?

The options doesnt show in my romulan female character,
    my caitian, alien, bajoran. :(
    edited December 2013
    neyari wrote: »
    Just unlocked the Voth Heavy Combat Armor for the tailor (not the actual armor, the project after that). It however is not showing in my tailor. I have no clue how to resolve this.
    When you're in the Tailor, editing your costume, click on the page for "Head" and you'll see a drop down just to the right of Category where you must select "Voth Armor".

You can see it in this picture I posted about the missing helmet glowy bits:

http://i.imgur.com/4I8yIrQ.jpg

• seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey Havelock, can we get some updates to the "Issues Reported by Others" on the OP? If Cryptic is reading this for suggestions on things to fix, I'd like to see more of those up there too!
  • starmada1starmada1 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Klingon-aligned Romulan male characters "Sash" options clip through all of the non-klingon shirts, including the "romulan klingon" variety.

The color schemes get a bit mixed up on the armguards too.