What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cats cannot use their tails on the Undine Biotech lobi armor.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Major Issue:

The Jem'hadar mk XII costume graphic has completely disappeared from the game.

I bought that Lobi set just for the costume too...
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Major Issue:

The Jem'hadar mk XII costume graphic has completely disappeared from the game.

I bought that Lobi set just for the costume too...

A dev mentioned it will be a costume unlock like the Hirogen armour.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Posted it in several other tailor issue threads, but well..

- The Motion Picture shoes (Wedges) can't be worn with skirts anymore.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And still my Romulan characters (pureblood and Lib Borg) can't equip the Omega leg pouches... Also discovered that the Lib Borg Rommie Sci BOff (the Lobi one) can't equip them either. I tried the quick discard option (using Havelock's link), and the titles got successfully reapplied (where needed), but no major changes. The characters in question have MACO/KHG, Adapted, and Omega costume unlocks done too. My KDF-aligned Lib Borg Rommie now has access to the B'Ves, but that's kinda moot as I don't use the KHG visuals for her.

Furthermore, what's with the decreased palette options for female characters/BOffs in the Omega visuals? My female captains get a much reduced set of colour palette options compared to my male BOffs.

Screenshots to follow once I can get back in game.

Tim
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well... I didn't make screenies, but when tinkering with costumes yesterday, I noticed that the type and variety of pouches available to Boffs varies greatly. Some boffs have almost no options, but none can wear as many parts as a character.

On a positive note... the belt from the black winter long coat works well with the Hirogen armor.

EDIT: also, costume save/load is glitchy with the Hirogen armor
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't know if this is the right place, but I haven't been able to alter the color on my fleet's emblem. Every color I choose just goes to white. Is there someplace else I need to post this?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right place, but I haven't been able to alter the color on my fleet's emblem. Every color I choose just goes to white. Is there someplace else I need to post this?

Can you post a screenshot of the affected uniform?
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm sorry folks for not maintaining all your posts to the OP. I've been away for the game in general while at the same time super busy in real life.

That being said, I'm glad the Devs appear to be keeping tabs in this thread even without my "sponsorship"... Thanks to Callevista.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Cats cannot use their tails on the Undine Biotech lobi armor.

Looking into this...
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any chance we can get commbadges available for the Dyson uniforms?
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any chance we can get commbadges available for the Dyson uniforms?

Here here. I'd include Rank Insignia to these as well.
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I showed this issue to Fark on Tribble two weeks back but it still is there in the Season 9 Holodeck release. If a female character is wearing the Dyson Open Jacket and has a skin with a pattern like the Trill or Infected skins, there will be a haze around the lower neck area obscuring the texture pattern on the lower half of the neck.

On the 2160 Mirror outfit, a related bug makes 3 visible glow beams shine through the back of the shoulders and neck area on the outfit. It seems like it's a shader issue or something related to trying to make a shadow on the open collar of there outfit tops so I would assume it would happen on any open top where the collar does not touch the neck.

I have all my graphics cranked to the max in case you guys need to know what graphic settings to try to fix this issue. Pictures are below of the errors but maybe Cryptic are using that blur to surprise us with finally adding body textures to match the head in S9 like they did with the female Reman in LOR for complexion choices like the Infected skin and the others.

Dyson Error

nXRS8hm.jpg

Miner Outfit Error

UmofX8r.jpg

2160 Mirror Error

VEFnbFg.jpg

Here is what it should look like as it was the only armor I could find that was not broken in my inventory.

Hirogen Armor

kbwNKSF.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Looking into this...

Thank you very much. If possible, could you double-check to see if the reputation exo-suit for the undine rep has the same problem? I'm afraid it might after what happened with the Dyson Heavy armor.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Thank you very much. If possible, could you double-check to see if the reputation exo-suit for the undine rep has the same problem? I'm afraid it might after what happened with the Dyson Heavy armor.

I suspect this is a related issue - but yes, it's on my list.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    I suspect this is a related issue - but yes, it's on my list.

Thank you for the help :D.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Khan's Uniform Head-Wrap is missing from all of my characters since S9 launch. The part disappears when I try to edit any costume that uses it.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You think it'd be possible for BOFFs acquired through Diplomacy and Marauding to gain access to their original factions Task Force Omega costume if you have your faction equivalent's unlocked. i.e. right now on my Federation Main I have an Orion Engineering Boff and a Nausican Tactical Boff. Despite having the full Mk XII regular and adapted unlocked costumes for MACO they can only wear the Omega I've unlocked. I think it'd be cool, since I've unlocked the Adapted MACO, that my Diplomacy Boffs could thus wear the Adapted Honor Guard outfit. With the same being applied to Marauding Boffs for KDF characters.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Khan's Uniform Head-Wrap is missing from all of my characters since S9 launch. The part disappears when I try to edit any costume that uses it.

I'm aware of this as well. I have a solution in the works.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had forgotten that this is a thread that exists (and is occasionally referenced by the character artists). I recently noticed an issue with the Odyssey uniform top:
    The model for the female Odyssey uniform has really odd elbow behavior. The arms look fine when straight, but when the character bends her elbows, this happens.

I don't know if it's been this way for a while, but I've been noticing it due to the NPCs in ESD switching to the Odyssey uniform.

All the other tops I've checked are fine, and males wearing the Odyssey uniform don't have this problem, either.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Reminds me of why I question purchasing any costumes when the last time the KHG one worked properly was back in Season 6 lol.
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Problem with all the recently added hairstyles (Khan-style; elegant; Punk01) on my female Betazoid: Either my character's head is too large, or the hairstyle-models are too small - anyway, the scalp is clipping through the hair in various places. Happens even if I decrease head size as much as possible. Does not occur with any of the other hairstyles.
  • Options
    galantdramongalantdramon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've got an odd one, not sure if this is the right place for it though.

I was working on my Boffs (fed), and unlike my captain, their access to the 'kit' costumes is limited...or is it?

I passed someone who had boffs with all the options available, but I can't figure out how to get them to turn on. Either it's not meant to be, but there's an exploit/bug they used, or it should be, but they aren't working right for some reason.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The female belt for the Romulan TOS outfit (called 22nd century in-game) can only be worn with a skirt. It doesn't look like there would be any clipping issues using it with any of the different styles of pants - other belts work with this outfit just fine. Only the TOS belt goes well with the outfit's sash, so it'd be nice if it were always available.

The male TOS Romulan sash can only be worn with tight jackets. This might be due to clipping, but it looks like it would fit with most of the loose jacket tops just fine. They don't really look any larger.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Liberated Borg c-store bridge officer is missing the Pants - Loose Mid-Ankle - Panels and Pockets option. This affects the "Sierra" uniform preset.

Screenshot
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In the light of the new facial options for human-like Chars, I have a suggestion:

Add an option to load just the body, so players with multiple outfits on one char are able to change the face/body on all of their slots without having to redo the outfits afterwards.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some of my boffs have no access to Romulan Klingon uniform parts.

Not sure what's the deal here and when did this happen. My character and old boffs still have access to Romulan Klingon parts, but some newer boffs don't.

What's more, the Romulan Federation pre-made uniform is shown under the basic options, but naturally it cannot be applied.

Don't remember if I got these boffs myself or off the exchange. Chances are it was the latter.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    My Liberated Borg c-store bridge officer is missing the Pants - Loose Mid-Ankle - Panels and Pockets option. This affects the "Sierra" uniform preset.

Screenshot

It's been that way for a long time, at least since season 7. It also affects all of my female boffs and characters.

EDIT

In fact, I posted about it a few pages back.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kagasensei wrote: »
    Problem with all the recently added hairstyles (Khan-style; elegant; Punk01) on my female Betazoid: Either my character's head is too large, or the hairstyle-models are too small - anyway, the scalp is clipping through the hair in various places. Happens even if I decrease head size as much as possible. Does not occur with any of the other hairstyles.

I encountered this problem, too. Decreasing the forehead slope helped in my case.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    now that we can put the omega uniform on boffs (the customizable omega armor) i can not set the colors seperatly on them example sholder pad right red and then the left shoulder pad is also red even though i didnt press the left shoulder pad... is this a bug or intetional? and if its a bug will it be fixed? and how do i bypass it in the meantime?