What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Please please please don't let these be left out. Wrist computers, boots, and pouches are the components I'd want on future characters that would be the reason I bought them the armor. Those kind of little modular details are scarce in the tailor right now, the more options, the better.

Great suggestions! Keep them coming. We are always planning new costume parts to add to the game, and the ones you've mentioned will definitely be on our list of things you guys want.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Callevista if you could please post in here when these updates of which you speak reach Holodeck, that would be great.

Unfortunatley, I cannot post when these will get past QA testing - simply because QA is testing these things as I speak. Also note that these bug fixes will likely get patched to Holodeck seperately, not all at once.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Unfortunatley, I cannot post when these will get past QA testing - simply because QA is testing these things as I speak. Also note that these bug fixes will likely get patched to Holodeck seperately, not all at once.
    No, I'm sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean to ask when they are getting posted.

I meant: I had inferred by your post that once those updates go live, assorted existing issues would be resolved, and that seemed like it might be a good time for me to "wipe the slate clean". So my comment was to request that whenever the updates are all live, then would you please ping us that they are completed, so I'll have a good "demarcation point" for starting a fresh list of issues.

I hope that makes sense?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This seems like as good a place as any to post this:

Wrath of Khan color palette does not match the palette used when I created it.
    I made a WoK uniform a long long time ago to use as a "formal" uniform, so therefore I went with White (or as close to white as I could get, I think the current value corresponds to what Q13 used to be back in the day) for its base color. Now if I go to the tailor to edit the uniform it becomes much less white, more like cream or peach. I'm unable to replicate the white color which means if I want to actually save any edits to update the uniform I have to sacrifice the color I desire. So I've been forced to make the choice of never updating the uniform again, which means the fleet patch is woefully out of date. :P

WoK.jpg~original

I might be able to shift it over to I13 if I also adjust the pants since a slight blue tint may trick the eye into viewing it as more white, but arguably Q13 should be the whitest available color (least amount of any color tint/saturation) and clearly the current Q13 is far far less white than whatever palette option was available when I originally made the uniform.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Great suggestions! Keep them coming. We are always planning new costume parts to add to the game, and the ones you've mentioned will definitely be on our list of things you guys want.

Things like canon tricorders would be very welcome.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    No, I'm sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean to ask when they are getting posted.

I meant: I had inferred by your post that once those updates go live, assorted existing issues would be resolved, and that seemed like it might be a good time for me to "wipe the slate clean". So my comment was to request that whenever the updates are all live, then would you please ping us that they are completed, so I'll have a good "demarcation point" for starting a fresh list of issues.

I hope that makes sense?

Ah I see. Sorry for my confusion. If I do hear of this stuff going live, I'll comment.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is there any word on fixing the missing OMEGA ground armor parts?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista,

For over a year and a half now I have not had access to the Quv Klingon Adapted Helmet visual, I do have the armor unlocked not the helmet. When can I expect to see this unlocked/added?? My female bof has the option to get the helmet but seems its lacking for the male contigent.

Also, can you also add more "glow colors" for the MACO armor, similar to the Voth armor, were you can select green,purple,red,white, for the helmet lights, chest lights, ect on the armor. Also maybe even expanding the maco's armor color choices. Love to see more metallic, maybe allowing for black armor.. similar to the maco holographic bof setup.

And please.. get more options for the KDF tailor... its really lacking hugely.

And one more thing, unlock the special bofs, so we can edit them and allow them special pieces for their designated faction/race. Good example is the breen bof, allow him the other clothing options that other breen have, for him to choose from.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ah I see. Sorry for my confusion. If I do hear of this stuff going live, I'll comment.
    If it's not too much trouble, it would be great/appreciated. Thanks! :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Some outstanding issues are going through testing right now including missing Omega helmets , clipping hair, missing Jem Hadar armor pieces, and missing Kit parts (visual). Once we've tested their resolutions, they'll be sent out in a patch. Of course there are other bugs that also must be prioritized that I haven't mentioned here - so I can't promise any specific times when the resolutions will hit the live servers (assuming they pass testing). But I expect some of them to reach you in a week or two.
    Thanks.

On hair clipping, on the New Elegant hair, I noticed that the clipping on the side and the framing hair around the face, was tied to the Forehead width instead of the head width, meaning with a more narrow forehead I got the clipping. I hope that you already caught that and have it worked out, but just in case it hadn't been mentioned.

I made a WoK uniform a long long time ago to use as a "formal" uniform, so therefore I went with White (or as close to white as I could get, I think the current value corresponds to what Q13 used to be back in the day) for its base color. Now if I go to the tailor to edit the uniform it becomes much less white, more like cream or peach. I'm unable to replicate the white color which means if I want to actually save any edits to update the uniform I have to sacrifice the color I desire. So I've been forced to make the choice of never updating the uniform again, which means the fleet patch is woefully out of date. :P

WoK.jpg~original

I might be able to shift it over to I13 if I also adjust the pants since a slight blue tint may trick the eye into viewing it as more white, but arguably Q13 should be the whitest available color (least amount of any color tint/saturation) and clearly the current Q13 is far far less white than whatever palette option was available when I originally made the uniform.

On the subject of color pallets, I never feel like I get a true black on my uniforms. Is there anyway you could rework the colors so they have clearly delineated this is actual black this is actual white.

The same goes for eyes and hair. I can't get a decent dark brown to save my life. I get that black is for Betazoids but the darkest I see is light brown. And getting true jet black hair is impossible especially with the shininess, even turned down to minimum. It's frustrating.

callevista,

And please.. get more options for the KDF tailor... its really lacking hugely.

And one more thing, unlock the special bofs, so we can edit them and allow them special pieces for their designated faction/race. Good example is the breen bof, allow him the other clothing options that other breen have, for him to choose from.
    Not just the Special Boffs.

I would appreciate it if could unlock the full rank special gear, like the Klingon Honor Guard so that my boffs can use all the pieces. The same goes for the kit pieces. Being restricted to the "commander" gear for all boffs is a tad annoying.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Is there any word on fixing the missing OMEGA ground armor parts?
    callevista,

For over a year and a half now I have not had access to the Quv Klingon Adapted Helmet visual, I do have the armor unlocked not the helmet. When can I expect to see this unlocked/added?? My female bof has the option to get the helmet but seems its lacking for the male contigent.

Just checking (as in, I'm posting without reading the other OMEGA/MACO/KHG threads) did you guys visit Roxy at DS9 and see if she fixes your stuff? Last patch gave her some ability to fix some accolade costume issues.

If that doesn't work for you, then I hope a fix comes soon.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    having had to recycle my mk xii jem'hadar armor to unlock it's appearance again. I don't have it's old appearance as an option any more. also I can't match the bottom half with the top half. an example would be trying to match dark colours such as black. while the top half can meet these dark grey, light black, black options. the trousers can not. at best I get a shiney dark blue.

also I would like to do away with the whirly central pattern on both upper and lower parts. makes it look more like something a ferengi would wear.

while I thought the backpack and pouch was a nice touch. I also thoughT a ketracel white tube in the head section would have been cool as well.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014

Would that include these?

The KDF could really use some new stuff, and you have it all hanging around.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Just checking (as in, I'm posting without reading the other OMEGA/MACO/KHG threads) did you guys visit Roxy at DS9 and see if she fixes your stuff? Last patch gave her some ability to fix some accolade costume issues.

If that doesn't work for you, then I hope a fix comes soon.

Yep first place I went, did absoblutely nothing to fix the issue. Still don't have it.

noquv_zps12b5003d.png

noquv2_zps3cf1271a.png
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yep, I checked Roxy as well. No change for missing pieces.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Would be nice for a comment on when we could expect the KHG costumes to be fixed :)
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While we're hoping for some KDF uniform fixes, how about those marauding boffs we can't edit?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    On the subject of color pallets, I never feel like I get a true black on my uniforms. Is there anyway you could rework the colors so they have clearly delineated this is actual black this is actual white.

The same goes for eyes and hair. I can't get a decent dark brown to save my life. I get that black is for Betazoids but the darkest I see is light brown. And getting true jet black hair is impossible especially with the shininess, even turned down to minimum. It's frustrating.

I know there was a bit of elaboration on why this is the case by the devs recently (joejig or callevista?). I think it was in the tribble section leading up to S9. "Huge character head news" and maybe 1 or 2 other threads where Andorian white hair was mentioned. Since a lot of the hair and skin colors (all of them?) are just tints applied to a grayscale texture map there are limits at either end (white/black) with how far they can go.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2014

WoK.jpg~original

The biggest reason that I have concluded is causing all these color mismatches are that they keep putting tints in to the materials or subchannels. That is why some things are impossible to get white or black. For instance the skin tone for alien species. The "white" color gives you pink skin. However the black color gives you black skin. The amounts of these instances are staggering and takes out a lot of the fun in using the things we have paid for to use in the tailor. As different "packs" of uniforms can't be made to match others.

I wish they would toss the entire color palette system and clothing material system out an airlock and make it more like what they have in Champions Online where you get to pick the type of clothing, what its material should be and what its color should be. Making matching easy. We should get materials like leather, fabric, metal, fur or what ever they can think of. Then get only one huge color pallet for everything in the game.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know there was a bit of elaboration on why this is the case by the devs recently (joejig or callevista?). I think it was in the tribble section leading up to S9. "Huge character head news" and maybe 1 or 2 other threads where Andorian white hair was mentioned. Since a lot of the hair and skin colors (all of them?) are just tints applied to a grayscale texture map there are limits at either end (white/black) with how far they can go.
    Well Bonkers.

I can't say I approve of such a thing. Every Starfleet Uniform known in the Federation era has had black as the majority of the uniform. Having an actual basic black should've been the basic standard.
    mattachine wrote: »
    The biggest reason that I have concluded is causing all these color mismatches are that they keep putting tints in to the materials or subchannels. That is why some things are impossible to get white or black. For instance the skin tone for alien species. The "white" color gives you pink skin. However the black color gives you black skin. The amounts of these instances are staggering and takes out a lot of the fun in using the things we have paid for to use in the tailor. As different "packs" of uniforms can't be made to match others.

I wish they would toss the entire color palette system and clothing material system out an airlock and make it more like what they have in Champions Online where you get to pick the type of clothing, what its material should be and what its color should be. Making matching easy. We should get materials like leather, fabric, metal, fur or what ever they can think of. Then get only one huge color pallet for everything in the game.

I can get behind this.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mattachine wrote: »

I totally agree. I think a restricted palette should be for exceptional things, not the default. I'd be a happy player if they started with the awful KDF palette.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yep first place I went, did absoblutely nothing to fix the issue. Still don't have it.

noquv_zps12b5003d.png

noquv2_zps3cf1271a.png

I'll have it looked into. Based on your screenshot, I can guess what type of character you have, but exact details are best. Can you provide us with some further information about your character? (race, gender, level, primary character or bridge officer, etc.) This will help us with troubleshooting.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I didn't see this reported in the first post. Reman liberated borg bridge officers have lost their borg feet.

14190734763_6dc906b52e_o.jpg

Also they don't have any ally faction uniforms if the captain is allied with the KDF.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Also they don't have any ally faction uniforms if the captain is allied with the KDF.
    Most of my boffs have lost access to Romulan Klingon uniforms alltogether. Only some older ones, like Tovan and such, still have them.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Most of my boffs have lost access to Romulan Klingon uniforms alltogether. Only some older ones, like Tovan and such, still have them.

Did you purchase them in the exchange? When a romulan faction boff is "created" he gains the faction of the captain that created it for the purposes of allied uniforms. So if a RR fed captain creates a boff candidate and sells it in the exchange to a RR kdf captain that boff will have the fed uniforms unlocked, but since the RR kdf captain doesn't have the fed pieces unlocked only the non allied uniforms are available. This bug is mentioned in the first post.
    The liberated borg Reman bug is slightly different, as it is purchased in the Cstore/romulan packs. It is always created as a RR fed boff, completely ignoring the creator captain ally faction.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Did you purchase them in the exchange? When a romulan faction boff is "created" he gains the faction of the captain that created it for the purposes of allied uniforms. So if a RR fed captain creates a boff candidate and sells it in the exchange to a RR kdf captain that boff will have the fed uniforms unlocked, but since the RR kdf captain doesn't have the fed pieces unlocked only the non allied uniforms are available. This bug is mentioned in the first post.

jackie-chan-wtf-face-i16_m.jpg

And I thought exchange searches were hard enough.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not sure if its been mentioned, I couldn't see it on the front page, but most of the boot options on my female Liberated Borg Romulan captain can't have the colour altered. They're stuck on black and don't even open a palette when clicked on. They have never worked since the launch of the Romulan faction. I bug reported it waaay back but it's still an issue. I don't know if others have it or it's just me.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'll have it looked into. Based on your screenshot, I can guess what type of character you have, but exact details are best. Can you provide us with some further information about your character? (race, gender, level, primary character or bridge officer, etc.) This will help us with troubleshooting.

Sure thing callevista,

Race: Klingon
    -primary kdf character-

My female BOFs do have the helmet option, but it seems as though my males, no matter what race, don't have the option.
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    themartian wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned, I couldn't see it on the front page, but most of the boot options on my female Liberated Borg Romulan captain can't have the colour altered. They're stuck on black and don't even open a palette when clicked on. They have never worked since the launch of the Romulan faction. I bug reported it waaay back but it's still an issue. I don't know if others have it or it's just me.

It's not only you. I can confirm that I have this problem too. Just as you described.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Noticed that with the new kit outfit changes, that when using a tactical captain, and equipping certain science, or engineering visuals, that it will not allow the lighting options along with them.

This may be WAI, but than again it may not.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!