test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "Panels & pockets" trousers seem to have vanished from the "Uniform- pants - loose mid ankle" section for some people, but not others. It's still there under "knee high" for me, but it just looks odd that high up the leg.
    A shame really because I rather like showing off my boots. But now in order to do so, I must look like a clown -.-

IMG incoming.

EDIT

Image 1 of "panels and pockets" missing from "mid ankle"

Image 2 shows that "panels and pockets" is in "knee high".

EDIT 2

Bah, I missed the previous report on this! My bad.
    I need a beer.

• undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have two problems to report, even though they're not major. They still bug the heck out of me though.

1-When you buy the Wells uniform, you can't use the Combadge it comes with it on other tops, it can only be used on the Wells. For a lobi uniform I expected at LEAST the flexibility to use the Combadge on other tops, but NOPE! It'd be nice if the Combadge was unlocked to be used on all tops.

2-The Miner Uniform belt can't be used with Klingon Warrior Skirts. Other belts can be used, but not that one, unfortunately. I'd love it if it worked on Warrior Skirts, please!
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    draugadan wrote: »
    Romulan Senate Robes color palette issue:

The top and bottom of the Senate Robes look like they use the same palette, but they don't.

In the picture below I have selected B11 for the gold "dots". You can see them on the sleeve, and the collar, and on the bottom of the pants.

On the pants the dots are washed out looking. So while you can select B11, and on the palette it looks like the same color, it does not look the same once applied.

Also, the main color of the pants is D2 which should be the same green that I picked for the top.

http://imageshack.us/a/img69/1067/y746.jpg

I'd like to add to this problem. There is a *VERY* limited colour pallet for KDF alligned Romulans using the senate robes. Even worse, all of the colours that are available to KDF Romulans make the senate robes look washed out and blurry.
    Additionally, almost every colour box being linked in a most inconvenient way.

If only *we* could decide which colour boxes we want linked together from within the tailor *hint hint*.

Image incoming

EDIT1
    Something I forgot to mention, there is a little bit of the right wrist clipping through the sleeve of the senate robe top.

EDIT2
    Left wrist also shows a little clipping through the sleeve, but in a different location. I only noticed it when I was taking the images -.-

EDIT 3

Image demonstrating the minor clipping on the right wrist. Does not occur on the left wrist.

Image demonstrating the minor clipping on the left wrist. As you can see in the image, the clipping that is on the left wrist does not occur on the right wrist.

Image showing the limited colour pallet. All of the boxes for the senate robes use the same pallet, but they are all linked with other parts of the outfit.
    I need a beer.

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm afraid I have a couple to report. Have checked the list and they don't appear to be in it.

Just levelled my Reman toon to Lv10 and sided with the KDF. First things first - at Lv10 I was finally able to use my Veteran Coat on my Reman, despite recieving it for my boffs at Level 5.

Next big issue - after siding with the KDF, my next port of call was the tailor to outfit my all-Reman crew with their snazzy new uniforms. And upon attempting to modify my Liberated Borg Reman boff - No KDF-Alliegence Uniform options. Tovan and Veril have the options, as did the other two mandatory boffs you get, but this guy doesn't (Source, Source).

Also, I have the full Omega Force armour costume unlocks for my Fed-Aligned Romulan Female and the hip options are missing from that. The OP seemed to suggest that this was an issue limited to the KDF; sadly, this is not the case.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One thing i would love to see is the gold stripe on the "all good things" uniform, like Janeway was wearing it.
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100731142552/memoryalpha/es/images/a/a1/Kathryn_Janeway,_Vice_Admiral,_Endgame.jpg

I can color the stripe between the top/shoulder part and the lower part in gold but that is not really canon. And with one little stripe we have a Admirals variant of that uniform
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Next big issue - after siding with the KDF, my next port of call was the tailor to outfit my all-Reman crew with their snazzy new uniforms. And upon attempting to modify my Liberated Borg Reman boff - No KDF-Alliegence Uniform options. Tovan and Veril have the options, as did the other two mandatory boffs you get, but this guy doesn't (Source, Source).

As a further addendum to this, I just recieved a purple Reman Boff on my Fed-Aligned Rom Sci captain, traded it to my KDF-Aligned Rom captain and to my frustration discovered that it too cannot use the KDF-Alliegence uniform at all.

So far, only my actual Reman character and Veril are the only Reman members of my crew that can actually use the outfit. Very dissappointed at this.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't know if this belongs here, but i'll try.

My Romulan (fed) Alien commander has full access to Romulan costume pieces, but Alien Bridge officers do not?!
    Maybe i am doing something wrong, but all i find are Starfleet alien species BOFF, but no particular romulan alien BOFFs. :(

So my commanding officer and his Crew cannot wear the same uniform, which is rather bad IMO.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but putting the Voth Light Soldier outfit on my Saurian Boffs resulted in them having no arms - Image

Ticket ID #2232592

Both are male, so I don't know if this also affects female Saurians too.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The feminine and cute stances create distortions in the shape of certain skirts. See thread below:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=981721
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • emperorandyemperorandy Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a female Joined Trill KDF captain. The Bortasqu belt is bugged. It is HUGE and looks more like a hula hoop than a belt. It does not actually fit. At all. it just hovers around her.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I have a female Joined Trill KDF captain. The Bortasqu belt is bugged. It is HUGE and looks more like a hula hoop than a belt. It does not actually fit. At all. it just hovers around her.

The Bortasqu' belt is overly sensitive to waist size on female characters. If it's not a hula hoop, it's clipping into the character. I was able to "fix" the belt on some of my female characters by tweaking the waist slider.
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maybe it would be about time to give the clothes their own life, so to speak.

Right now, they're just a texture of the body.

Probably except for those rugs that flutter around in an imaginary breeze from below...
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It appears the new Reman skin textures for the chest and the arms were not included by the devs for the Dilithium Miner costume. I just purchased mine today, and after setting it up, it fails to show the part of the character's bare upper chest for the v-neck portion of the undershirt. Also, the arms are invisible for the short sleeve version of the shirt from the sleeve down to the hands (the hands are visible).

This problem persists in both the Vest category version (http://tinypic.com/r/apjp6o/5) and the Jacket Tight version that does not have the vest over the undershirt (http://tinypic.com/r/v5eliu/5). However, the Jacket Tight version with the long sleeve undershirt DOES show the upper chest skin texture that is missing in the other versions strangely enough (http://tinypic.com/r/qps1eo/5).

I reported this bug via Holodeck, ticket ID #2,257,449.

Thank you so much for this thread. The tailor is one of my favorite features of STO, and I really wish they'd invest more resources to fix all these embarrassing problems. If they gave us more nice costumes to buy in the C-Store for all factions, I'd gladly purchase the ones I like to help fund this effort.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There's a new bug that seems to have come in with patch 8.5 concerning Romulan outfits.

When trying to select Romulan Republic 1 & 2 or Romulan Federation 1 & 2 under Uniform - Loose Jacket the game tries to charge you 550 Zen.

Ticket ID #2278143
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2014
    Requests:

Nausicaans:

• Nausicaans can't remove their collars, please remedy this.

• Nausicaan NPCs have access to thigh plate armour. May we please have access to this, as well?

• The Nausicaan armour is very spiffy. It would be great if Letheans, Orions and Gorn could wear it, as well. I can think of no canonical reason why they should be barred from having it. It isn't as if everyone is seeing a different tailor, the one person does it all.

Gorn: NPCs have access to many different costume options we do not. Can players be given access to the options the random Gorn NPCs obviously have?

Liberated Borg human: (and I can only assume the same goes for the other LibBorg as well): When putting on the new Khan outfit, the creepy black veins stop at the base of the neck and the now exposed chest and arms are now just whatever base skin colour was chosen.

Romulan Females: No Centurion helmets. Just because they were never shown wearing them in the TV show was no reason to deny them from women. End the chauvenism, give Romulan women access to Centurion helmets. I paid for the outfit for Chrissake, let me access the parts on all of my Romulan toons and BOffs.

BO uniform slots: Instead of simply giving us costume slots for our BOffs, give us 1 slot on each BOff for every slot we have on our captain. Link that slot to whichever slot was unlocked on the captain and then when the player changes the costume/uniform on their captain, it will switch to the linked slot on all of the crew. This way the crew could always match the captain (or be coordinated or simply have a different look for them for every different look for you.)

Tailor on board ship: How hard could it be? You moved the ship selector out of the only place that ship selection made sense, but left the one thing that didn't make sense being restricted to a space dock there... Attach a room to one of the unused doorways inside the crew deck corridors, or (in the case of classic dev laziness/listlessness/impatience) put a NPC in the massive nightclub / lounge area.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Nausicaans:
    • Nausicaans can't remove their collars, please remedy this.
    • Nausicaan NPCs have access to thigh plate armour. May we please have access to this, as well?
    • The Nausicaan armour is very spiffy. It would be great if Letheans, Orions and Gorn could wear it, as well. I can think of no canonical reason why they should be barred from having it. It isn't as if everyone is seeing a different tailor, the one person does it all.

I was looking at the Nausicaan NPCs in the Foundry and around the game. There is a set of thigh armour and a set of upper arm armour. Also they have accesses to two hairstyles not available in the tailor, a single ridged slickback style and a double ridge.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My Romulan has all the veteran clothing items....but NOT the Knee high boots.

Which is odd, since she should have those and the 22nd century ones as well!

Edit: Found it, it clips into the pants.

Also, all my costumes "Use invalid parts" and I cant edit them. Even when all parts are the same Cstore costume I bought for zen.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm glad to see this thread has had a life of it's own. I've just been too busy to maintain the OP and add all the new issues. Sorry about that. I'll try to get to update the OP as soon as I can. I ask that anyone who's been added to the OP in the past to please reconfirm if your issues are outstanding as I'd like to "clean house" on any resolved items.

Anyway, last night while playing I as able to confirm that these two top issues of mine have been resolved:
    - Romulan 22nd Century Uniforms Issues - Resolved
    - Voth Heavy Combat Armor Issues - Resolved

Sadly, I do have more bugs. I did recently purchase the Dyson Researcher costume, and at first it was fine, however the next time I went in to edit it, the pants and boots are broken (you can't wear both the Dyson pants and boots). So as long as I keep the costume as I originally made it (but I want to change the color) it's got all the pieces. Other characters of mine who bought the costume later have broken pants/boots straight off. This may only affect male characters. Then with the female characters, there's some strange artifacting around the waist area of the skirt. I'm also bummed that while Romulans can copy the Solanae color pallet (white, black, purple) and Feds can get "close enough", my KDF characters cannot. I think similar to the Voth Light Soldier costume, KDF (and Feds) should get to use the standard Romulan pallet on the Dyson outfit.

The second is in the new Hirogen Enhanced Battle Armor Lobi Store item. I think the helmet on the associated costume unlock is broken. Similar to the original issue with the Voth armor, there's no face plate. It's just an empty black hole.

These are preliminary reports, I've got to get pictures and post ticket numbers, then I'll add them to the OP.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • masternecromanmasternecroman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can't believe I haven't seen this thread before.

One issue that isn't in the OP is the issue with the Tal'Shiar Pants, they are just normal worn leather pants when they should be fancy Tal'Shiar ones.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Far as I know, Dyson armor still doesn't give the cat species a tail.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not slogging through 27 pages to see if anyone's mentioned these or not but I have three things I don't see on the list. First up Romulan embassy boffs can't be changed. Now that Legacy of Romulus is out, shouldn't they be able to wear any unlocked Romulan outfits? Or am I the only one that thinks so? The liberated Borg Romulan science officer you can buy can, so why not them?

Second, there's the "eyes without a face" bug that occurs if you trade your embassy boff to get trained by another captain. See the link in my signature to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Third, for alien boffs, the host skin doesn't go down the whole body, which can be seen with cropped tops.
    http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/rtk142/screenshot_2014-02-06-22-42-49.jpg
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
    edited February 2014
    I'm glad to see this thread has had a life of it's own. I've just been too busy to maintain the OP and add all the new issues. Sorry about that. I'll try to get to update the OP as soon as I can. I ask that anyone who's been added to the OP in the past to please reconfirm if your issues are outstanding as I'd like to "clean house" on any resolved items.

Anyway, last night while playing I as able to confirm that these two top issues of mine have been resolved:
    - Romulan 22nd Century Uniforms Issues - Resolved
    - Voth Heavy Combat Armor Issues - Resolved

Sadly, I do have more bugs. I did recently purchase the Dyson Researcher costume, and at first it was fine, however the next time I went in to edit it, the pants and boots are broken (you can't wear both the Dyson pants and boots). So as long as I keep the costume as I originally made it (but I want to change the color) it's got all the pieces. Other characters of mine who bought the costume later have broken pants/boots straight off. This may only affect male characters. Then with the female characters, there's some strange artifacting around the waist area of the skirt. I'm also bummed that while Romulans can copy the Solanae color pallet (white, black, purple) and Feds can get "close enough", my KDF characters cannot. I think similar to the Voth Light Soldier costume, KDF (and Feds) should get to use the standard Romulan pallet on the Dyson outfit.

The second is in the new Hirogen Enhanced Battle Armor Lobi Store item. I think the helmet on the associated costume unlock is broken. Similar to the original issue with the Voth armor, there's no face plate. It's just an empty black hole.

These are preliminary reports, I've got to get pictures and post ticket numbers, then I'll add them to the OP.

The issues regarding the Romulan TOS uniform mentioned in the OP are solved, but sadly, there are some new ones.
    Due to lack of time, I haven't been able to take some shots or file a report, but I'll see to get that done ASAP.

I believe I mentioned these issues in an earlier post, but that was quite some time (and a lot of posts) ago, thus I think it would be better to post it anew:

The issues appear if you set the stomach slider above 50% and get worse the further you move the slider towards 100%.

While the shirt fits well, the skirt cuts off the "round" form of the belly in an awkward angle.
    And in the waistband area, there's still some remainder of the clipping, just not as niticeable, as you only get to see it if you combine the skirt with a cropped top.
    EDIT: Apparently, this now only happens to the "Satra" Boff, whose measurements are a bit more extensive.
    Pics: http://imageshack.com/a/img545/255/wdo8.jpg (front)
    http://imageshack.com/a/img829/8754/rej4.jpg (side)

My Captain (and all the other, "slimmer" rom BOFFs) still suffers some clipping in the waistband area, but in a different way. It appears on the TOS skirt as well as on the Romulan Federation pants.
    See here: http://imageshack.com/a/img543/5792/uu1a.jpg

Some may say 'Change the stomach size to avoid this', but I think if the devs give us the option to do so, they should also take care about if all clothes fit properly...

PS: I figured filing a report would be quite difficult, as you can't do so from inside the tailor's booth and I don't see why I should buy some "bugged" clothes...
  • tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bug: Korath trousers are bugged for female characters and BOffs, but perfectly fine on male equivalents.

If you have this costume, you'll know what I mean. Basically, the trouser mesh is lower than the equivalent trouser meshes for other KDF costumes, i.e. making the hips look lower, and subsequently the bottom of the knee/lower leg area clips with the boots. Any boots. But only on female characters. My male BOffs have no problem using these trousers, which is nice, but I want to be able to use them on my female captain with her 'Time Traveller' boots. My male BOff can pair them successfully, so why can't my female BOff/char?

Screenshots to be added shortly.

Tim

P.S. The 'Mercenary Belt 3' issue is across all female characters and BOffs trouser/skirt options, not just tight trousers. Another example of sexism from Cryptic (as seems to be the case with most costume/tailor issues)?
    edited February 2014
    It seems the bugs with female boffs and the M.A.C.O. Armor is fixed. No longer have neckless boffs when they wear their M.A.C.O. costume.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Didn't see it mentioned in the big list so if somebody's already posted about it I apologize in advance for repeating.

The Dyson Sphere Uniform (obtainable from T3 Spire and displayed by a couple of characters in the "Step Between Stars" featured episode) has boots, but they currently are not selectable when wearing the Dyson pants though females wearing the skirt can wear the boots.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not sure if it was already mentioned, couldnt find it:

I gave Elisa Flores the Motion Picture Uniform and changed the collar color to white.

On the left and right side of her neck, there were pieces of the collar missing. It looked like someone has cut out pieces of the collar with a scissor.

Sorry I could not do any screenshots, the button didnt work.
    edited February 2014
    The issue with cats being unable to use tails in T5 Dyson gear has been fixed with the next patch.
  • captcalviouscaptcalvious Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't know if anyone can answer this for me. even the people that have done it don't seem to know the answer when i ask.
    I've seen alot of people running around with the voth light soldier belt showing over their voth heave armor. I know you need to buy the armor from the exchange or lobi store first, i've done that. i also have the costume options for the heave armor unlocked and its not there. is it just an exploit? or is it there in the options somewhere. it looks pretty good with the armor . thanks.
    edited April 2014
    Got a little silent in here...
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Finally! My Orion's Honor Guard armor is complete/working, including the long-time missing "cleavage window" Be'ves pieces.

Details:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16503331&postcount=770

Thank you Season 9!

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.