Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but it's not in the OP so here goes:

The Dyson skirt has clipping issues with itself. The belt has trouble in this particular area (used a bare midriff shirt to make sure it wasn't a mixed uniform clipping issue). Looks like the "belt" part is clipping with the "skirt" part.

There is also an issue in the front on the right side, and in the "jewel" area of the front, but those flash like crazy and I haven't been able to get it to hold still long enough to take a screenshot. However, the part in the back (that the player is going to see the most, obviously) is constant, and just changes size depending on animation.

Also, as can be seen, the piping along the top edge in most places is clipped away.
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Sure thing callevista,

Race: Klingon
    -primary kdf character-

My female BOFs do have the helmet option, but it seems as though my males, no matter what race, don't have the option.

Thank you
    We do monitor the forums for bugs that have been posted.
    And the more information we get, the better. :)
    Other bugs that have been posted have also been taken into account and prioritized.
  • Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Suggestion:

I'd still love to see more long hair options for Romulan females.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    xparr15 wrote: »
    Suggestion:

I'd still love to see more long hair options for all females.

Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Fixed it for you.
    Seconded. More long hair options for all females.

(Except the species that don't have hair.)

(Well, okay, maybe even them.)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »

you can have all the long hair you want, i just want a style like this, as it currently doesn't exist ingame

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110814082319/starcraft/images/0/08/Nova_SC2_Head2.jpg

closest style that comes to it is the Ponytail 4 style, but it isn't split-top like in the above link
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What I don't like about the hair is the way the ponytail styles are rock-solid. There's no swish to them when you're running or something. I bet it could be done as a physics object.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    What I don't like about the hair is the way the ponytail styles are rock-solid. There's no swish to them when you're running or something. I bet it could be done as a physics object.
    it's certainly possible, as STO already has that kind of physics technology; used on the various cape and banner costume pieces
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it's certainly possible, as STO already has that kind of physics technology; used on the various cape and banner costume pieces

Only problem is that I bet people running on extremely low-end hardware might not be able to see it at all.

I don't care about them, but Cryptic sort of has to.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Thank you
    Other bugs that have been posted have also been taken into account and prioritized.

I understand that there's in general a freeze on new ground costume assets for the Foundry but one thing I'd note is that the TOS shirts cannot use the TOS badges for any species.

I know it may sound odd but I've given up on serious authoring in the last year and a half because I get frustrated with costume limitations relative to what I can do with my live character.

I'd provide a list of broken Foundry costumes if that ever seems likely to become a priority and would at least really appreciate the Odyssey being added since it's the new official uniform of the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Only problem is that I bet people running on extremely low-end hardware might not be able to see it at all.

well, i don't know about that...i think anything physics related is linked to the processor and not the graphics card

if it is, any processor low-end enough to not be able to properly show animated physics objects also wouldn't be able to run the game at all

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hope those Omega/MACO fixes come soon. Just got MACO and surprise, surprise, I'm missing half that outfit too.

Fed Female Alien: Missing helmet, gloves, shoulder pads, and collar from MACO outfit.

http://i.imgur.com/SjWrpnj.jpg

:(
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2014

There are so many other things they aren't able to see, I don't think it would really matter if there would be one more thing they can't see.

(I know what I'm talking about, because I switched to new hardware about half a year ago - the difference was immense.)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Unsure if this was mentioned before, however it seems as though females of all species lack the "holographic armor" for the "Sci Doctor 3" chest gear. (In fact, because it lacks the "tech armor" visuals, it looks exactly like the first rank version,)

I'll get some images up, because it's fine for males.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Problems for Klingon ladies. First off, I love that they now have spine ridges down their backs that you can see under their armour. The only problem is that the ridges disappear when you use either formal dresses, cropped winter jackets and Enterprise mirror tops where they should be most visible.

While that's all minor, for those in the Federation, the TOS mirror vest causes their body to disappear entirely leaving the vest, head and hands floating in the air.

As I say, I love the new Klingon torsos with series 9, so I hope these get fixed soon.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »

I'll add my approval and cosign this as well.
    you can have all the long hair you want, i just want a style like this, as it currently doesn't exist ingame

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110814082319/starcraft/images/0/08/Nova_SC2_Head2.jpg

closest style that comes to it is the Ponytail 4 style, but it isn't split-top like in the above link

I would actually be quite pleased with a ponytail that had that as the forward portion of the hairstyle, I'm looking for something along those lines.

Specifically I'd like a long hairstyle for ladies that frames the face, but won't cover my Vulcan's ears. I was deeply disappointed when the Legacy hairstyles were locked behind faction and species restrictions, very disappointing. For instance I would've used the SUPREMELY AWESOME Klingon Braids on my Andorian as well.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Have notice not all of the original kit visuals, are made available in the new tailor version.

I seen today one of the original kits, and how it appeared, than I tried to duplicate it and didn't have most of the options available to match it at all.

I was missing the exact matching shoulder parts, and the chest piece did not offer any ability to apply lighting like the older kit originally has.

Bits and pieces have been left out, and needs to be reworked so we have all the visuals intended.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you

I appreciate that callevista, as this is well my first encounter with you, it came off great. But to be frank I've reported this issue so many times in the past to only get deaf ears. So hopefully, we all can expect a fix for this in the coming patches.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Locutus
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Hope those Omega/MACO fixes come soon. Just got MACO and surprise, surprise, I'm missing half that outfit too.

Fed Female Alien: Missing helmet, gloves, shoulder pads, and collar from MACO outfit.

Thanks, we're looking into it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I appreciate that callevista, as this is well my first encounter with you, it came off great. But to be frank I've reported this issue so many times in the past to only get deaf ears. So hopefully, we all can expect a fix for this in the coming patches.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Locutus

I can say that I've looked into several issues in the past week including yours. I've sent off resolutions to these issues in the past few days, and they are just going through testing now and final approval. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can say that I've looked into several issues in the past week including yours. I've sent off resolutions to these issues in the past few days, and they are just going through testing now and final approval. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

I just saw the reman borg feet fix in the Tribble notes. Thanks for the quick resolution.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2014

November will pretty much mark the 2 year mark of the KHG uniforms not working properly lol. Since its a KDF problem I doubt we will ever see a resolution on it though.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Thanks! <3

Between you and crypticjoejing being all over here, this has turned into one of the best threads on this forums ever. So much <3.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014

That would be great, thank you. My Romulan's broken Omega outfit is a source of much sorrow, especially after all the pain I went to get the ground estf optionals.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    That would be great, thank you. My Romulan's broken Omega outfit is a source of much sorrow, especially after all the pain I went to get the ground estf optionals.

If your omega outfit is broken, please post the exact problem(s) and your character details: (Fed, Klingon), race, and level.
    Screenshots are also helpful.
    All these things help us deal with these issues faster.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    If your omega outfit is broken, please post the exact problem(s) and your character details: (Fed, Klingon), race, and level.
    Screenshots are also helpful.
    All these things help us deal with these issues faster.

Ah right on. I posted it a while back in this thread, but I don't mind posting it again.

Fed Female Alien, level 50. Missing helmet, collar, and shoulder pads from Omega Force outfit.

http://i.imgur.com/mVbvmul.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hIW7xLP.jpg

This is the same character that has the missing MACO pieces that you saw earlier.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ah right on. I posted it a while back in this thread, but I don't mind posting it again.

Fed Female Alien, level 50. Missing helmet, collar, and shoulder pads from Omega Force outfit.

This is the same character that has the missing MACO pieces that you saw earlier.

Thanks!
    We will investigate.
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I didn't see this reported in the OP and skimmed the posts (big thread) and didn't see it there.

If you trade an Embassy Romulan to another Captain for training they come back like this:

screenshot_2013-05-15-16-44-151339Mid.jpg

One character affected: Ariel Stuart@Protector if you want to pull a copy to look at the BOff.

It's very disconcerting to get hails from this Bridge Officer... :eek:
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014

I think this may be working as intended? What this looks like to me is the "basic" MACO and Omega Force outfit. This is what the old "view armor" version looked like for the Mk X or XII gear.

Under the new system, I think this is all you get from the Mk XII gear. I think to get the full versions with all the parts, you need to get the Adapted Mk XII gear. I'm getting my alts their MACO gear, and this is what I'm seeing.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    I think this may be working as intended? What this looks like to me is the "basic" MACO and Omega Force outfit. This is what the old "view armor" version looked like for the Mk X or XII gear.

Under the new system, I think this is all you get from the Mk XII gear. I think to get the full versions with all the parts, you need to get the Adapted Mk XII gear. I'm getting my alts their MACO gear, and this is what I'm seeing.

Not quite. The Adapted MACO has a different look than the normal MACO. It comes with the helmet, gloves, collar, and shoulder pads that I'm missing. I have all the correct pieces on my Fed Male Alien, but not my Female one. If your alts are missing these pieces, then your outfits are broken as well and I would suggest posting their details with screenshots for callevista to check.

Edit: There is also no Adapted Omega gear. There is only one set for both Feds and KDF.

Edit 2: Here we go. Here's a shot of what normal MACO is supposed to look like:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6299/sto1.png

Now here's one of the Adapted MACO:

http://s13.postimg.org/55wv52qtz/Adapted_Maco2.jpg

Check out the gloves, shoulder pads, and helmet. See how they have bands on them instead of the solid pieces that the normal version has? It's the solid pieces that I'm missing from my normal MACO.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter