Install Arc
Options

Missing Textures/Icons in season 8 *FIX INCOMING See post 608 page 61*

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    thomasp94232thomasp94232 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was having a problem with icons not showing above NPCs as well as other missing textures like water not showing up. I tried everything, including completely erasing my hard drive and rebuilding Windows install from scratch.

I FINALLY figured out the problem was with Catalyst Software Suite for my AMD Radeon HD 7790 card. The current production driver version (13.12) was causing the problem. I installed the newer beta version (14.4 Beta) and now everything is perfect.

For reference my PC specs are:
    Dell Precision T7600
    Quad Core Xeon 2.4Ghz
    16GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 7790
    Windows 7 x64 Pro (fully up to date on patches)

If you are having these issues you might want to give this new beta driver as well: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

I've been here since beta
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just wanted to inform the Devs. that it looked like settling down slowly, but then since the Season 9 launch I'm having this bug happening more often again. Maybe it'll help for what it's worth.
    The workaround crypticcliff posted still works well, though.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    crypticcliffcrypticcliff Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Quick update: The real fix for this should be going live on Thursday (May 1st).
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Super sweet! Thanks! :)
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014

https://i.imgur.com/qRlm8ym.jpg

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

YAY! A birthday present for me! :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    YAY! A birthday present for me!

Same. Me happy.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well happy Bday to the both of you then. May your textures never be missing again! :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Well happy Bday to the both of you then. May your textures never be missing again! :P

:cool: Thanks:P.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @ Cypticcliff : Assuming you see this can you confirm the fix is in today's patch, can't see it in the patch notes.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've been using the command for a while but it's not helping with my weapon and shield visuals disappearing, along with various others (Crystalline Entity's energy blast).

Does the fix work for these?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I've been using the command for a while but it's not helping with my weapon and shield visuals disappearing, along with various others (Crystalline Entity's energy blast).

Does the fix work for these?

This is more annoying than having to use the fix or reload the game. Not being able to see your firing animations is incredibly frustrating bordering on making the game unplayable.
    Shields, beams and torps not visible needs fixing fast please!
  • Options
    en40rceren40rcer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm glad it just wasn't me. I upgraded to the AMD catalyst 14.4 the other night in hopes of resolving the loss of graphics on the inventory item icons, the loss of uniform textures, ship textures, and icons above the heads of interactive NPCs to no avail. I still seem to be having the same issues and now add to it the loss of weapon, torpedo, and shielding textures. On one hand, glad it is not just me still. On the other hand, it really sucks having to look at your weapon slots to see if your weapons are firing.

I have not patched yet as of May 1, so I am hopeful again, that my Radeon card will work with STO.
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had no idea there was a thread of fellow texture losers lol. Oh what a nightmare this has been, Ive been afraid to venture out much past ESD because switching maps more than a few times starts it. Usually it begins small with an avatar running by in white pants then it spirals out of control. Inventory and skills blacked out, every grey, orange, brown and white. I do have Catalyst but didnt try the beta driver I never know if those are safe to use. Hopefully after today that wont matter. Good work Cryptic. :)

btw what was this fix you guys have been using?
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Much obliged! ;)
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    If the fix works, then you won't need the temp work around command anymore. If for whatever reason it doesn't, then the command does work very nicely. I, however, believe in the Cliff and that his fix will work!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The fix according to Trendy should be in today's patch so hopefully everyone that had this problem shouldn't need it anymore.

I'll leave the edit showing where to get the temp fix incase it doesn't but if people could reply saying if it did or didn't work that'd be perfect :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited May 2014
    So far so good. Been running around doing doffs, switching characters, etc. Haven't seen it once and haven't been using the temp fix.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am curious how others do after the patch, as for me, I am not experiencing texture loss anymore.
    But now I experience stalls of reloading texture (I assume). the game just stops for a few seconds and then continues, mostly at quonos and quonos shipyard.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The fix according to Trendy should be in today's patch so hopefully everyone that had this problem shouldn't need it anymore.

I'll leave the edit showing where to get the temp fix incase it doesn't but if people could reply saying if it did or didn't work that'd be perfect

It seems to be working, i only linked it because with the patch notes not mentioning it i wasn't 100% sure it was in at the time i posted that.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, it's not done anything for the issue where I can see EVERYONE else's shields and weapons but not my own.

It's just not funny anymore.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Well, it's not done anything for the issue where I can see EVERYONE else's shields and weapons but not my own.

It's just not funny anymore.

I think that's a separate issue now. I've seen what you're talking about but only in specific instances, namely CEE. Most everywhere else seems fine.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    I think that's a separate issue now. I've seen what you're talking about but only in specific instances, namely CEE. Most everywhere else seems fine.

Yeah, CCE, VCE, not sure about SB24, still fraking annoying though, someone needs to correct the game's priorities.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    grievas wrote: »
    I am curious how others do after the patch, as for me, I am not experiencing texture loss anymore.
    But now I experience stalls of reloading texture (I assume). the game just stops for a few seconds and then continues, mostly at quonos and quonos shipyard.

I also came by again to see how people are doing after the fix.

The fix seems to completely fixed the issue for me and since the aforementioned S9 patch I'm no longer experiencing any texture issues or issues with reloading. Since S9 everthing seems to work just fine in this department.
    I have to admit, it's a real joy and relief to be able to play the game like this again. Hope all the guys that have some smaler residual issues have them fixed as soon as possible.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I also came by again to see how people are doing after the fix.

The fix seems to completely fixed the issue for me and since the aforementioned S9 patch I'm no longer experiencing any texture issues or issues with reloading. Since S9 everthing seems to work just fine in this department.
    I have to admit, it's a real joy and relief to be able to play the game like this again. Hope all the guys that have some smaler residual issues have them fixed as soon as possible.

That is good to hear and I also hope everyone else no longer has this issue, I was fortunate enough to upgrade to a new PC just before S9 and the problem went with that.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    atticusx2atticusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello. New player here. Just started tonight. Right off the bat I see a rendering problem that sounds like some that has been reported here. I get white pixel boxes all over the faces of npcs either walking up and talking to them, or in ship communications. Rather annoying with all the dancing pixels all over the faces. Also I seem to have a 1 to 2 second delay in rendering of some walls and nearby space objects when I go into those areas. Anyone have any work abouts for this?

Using a AMD Radeon R9 270X2 with 4 gig of memory (running Omega drivers)
    Windows 7 64 bit, fully updated
    8 gigs of system memory
    All directX drivers are updated as is all hardware drivers
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Necro!
    /10chars
    I need a beer.