test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing to desktop (Season 9 launch issue)

Comments

• Options
    sovereign256sovereign256 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same, I still get error 25664664. Someone let me know when this game becomes playable.
  • Options
    buommanbuomman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Works for me after the patch, but did CTD during the new mission as I was transwarping to Qonos after defending Quinn.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Shame this 'white box' crashing doesn't leave an error message :( (or at least, if it does, I don't know where it leaves it)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Obviously several different errors at work here - the patch worked for me.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still not working.. same error every time.. some missing undine animation field setting.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    sirdraknosirdrakno Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well now after all this time I've started to crash at the patching. Seems that the new patch failed to fix this for me as well. It tells me that Cryptic doesn't care about people who are paying the bills. My game store has 23 paying accounts and STO is close to being removed. Neverwinter is not this bad.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    sirdrakno wrote: »
    Well now after all this time I've started to crash at the patching. Seems that the new patch failed to fix this for me as well. It tells me that Cryptic doesn't care about people who are paying the bills. My game store has 23 paying accounts and STO is close to being removed. Neverwinter is not this bad.
    I really wouldn't go down that road, mate

I've been a LTS since Open Beta, meaning 4 years, and I'm as affected by all this as you are. The policy is simply 'work out what we can, when we can', rather than wait to give one big patch after a week. Nothing remotely close to 'we don't care', in other words
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    :rolleyes: Half the reasons why i've failed to even bother updating to the "latest" season...

My days of playing this so called game are now seriously numbered, will the last person here switch the lights out when they leave. ;)
  • Options
    drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    trek21 wrote: »
    I really wouldn't go down that road, mate

I've been a LTS since Open Beta, meaning 4 years, and I'm as affected by all this as you are. The policy is simply 'work out what we can, when we can', rather than wait to give one big patch after a week. Nothing remotely close to 'we don't care', in other words

They knew about the issues from tirbble server reports prior to season 9 release.. their ONLY comment that I am aware of was paraphrased as: we are aware of the reports, it only affects a few players compared to the ones playing. (Or words to that effect, referenced the thread and post number earlier in the thread if you want the exact quote)
    They knew there were issues reported, went ahead with the patch anyway doing nothing to prevent it, not even sharing collected information to give us some idea what might be causing it.... sorry but to me that sounds like either poor communication skills or they just don't care.

In my own case, error id 25664664 has been reported since at least season 8. NO fix offered, not even a comment on what MIGHT be causing it? After a year that sounds an awful LOT like, they don't care.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    drasym wrote: »
    They knew about the issues from tirbble server reports prior to season 9 release.. their ONLY comment that I am aware of was paraphrased as: we are aware of the reports, it only affects a few players compared to the ones playing. (Or words to that effect, referenced the thread and post number earlier in the thread if you want the exact quote)
    They knew there were issues reported, went ahead with the patch anyway doing nothing to prevent it, not even sharing collected information to give us some idea what might be causing it.... sorry but to me that sounds like either poor communication skills or they just don't care.

In my own case, error id 25664664 has been reported since at least season 8. NO fix offered, not even a comment on what MIGHT be causing it? After a year that sounds an awful LOT like, they don't care.
    Why offer a fix if they don't have one? Or lie that they do just to appease us?

And the way it goes, they have a fixed launch date, and nothing can change that (including issues like this). So yes, there was nothing they could to do to prevent things. So instead, the push is in the fix afterward, because that's practically all they can do

So rather than think they don't care, why not actually help instead? Far more productive imo (and this opinion of mine hasn't changed since Open Beta)
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2014

And the way it goes, they have a fixed launch date, and nothing can change that (including issues like this). So yes, there was nothing they could to do to prevent things. So instead, the push is in the fix afterward, because that's practically all they can do

So rather than think they don't care, why not actually help instead? Far more productive imo (and this opinion of mine hasn't changed since Open Beta)

Actually, they could change the date - if they tried. They could go to PWE and say, "We are not ready. There are bugs which will go live and ruin the gaming experience for our customers. It would be unwise to do so, because the backlash could mean fewer players and thus less revenue."

But they didn't.

In your rush to rise up and defend Cryptic with a never-ending litany of apologetics and excuses (I'm honestly starting to think you're a PWE shill at this point. The only other two options are you're actually blind to the pattern that's existed for over four years, or you're incredibly naive), you're ignoring the following information, which has appeared many times in this thread:

They knew about this a month ago. It was bugged on Tribble. But they decided that people not being able to log into the game at all was not sufficient enough of a problem to fix it and delay launch by a day or two.

But they didn't. They Do.Not.Care. No matter how much you defend them, it won't change that simple truth.

And it's STILL not fixed. That's three days that customers have not been able to play.

The best part is that apparently, You.Are.One.Of.The.People.Having.Issues and are STILL defending them. I simply don't understand.

They shoot themselves in the foot constantly when a little time and care would go a long way, and then you defend them. To quote a line from Star Wars, "Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows it?"
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    Actually, they could change the date - if they tried. They could go to PWE and say, "We are not ready. There are bugs which will go live and ruin the gaming experience for our customers. It would be unwise to do so, because the backlash could mean fewer players and thus less revenue."

But they didn't.

In your rush to rise up and defend Cryptic with a never-ending litany of apologetics and excuses (I'm honestly starting to think you're a PWE shill at this point. The only other two options are you're actually blind to the pattern that's existed for over four years, or you're incredibly naive), you're ignoring the following information, which has appeared many times in this thread:

They knew about this a month ago. It was bugged on Tribble. But they decided that people not being able to log into the game at all was not sufficient enough of a problem to fix it and delay launch by a day or two.

But they didn't. They Do.Not.Care. No matter how much you defend them, it won't change that simple truth.

And it's STILL not fixed. That's three days that customers have not been able to play.

The best part is that apparently, You.Are.One.Of.The.People.Having.Issues and are STILL defending them. I simply don't understand.

They shoot themselves in the foot constantly when a little time and care would go a long way, and then you defend them. To quote a line from Star Wars, "Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows it?"
    Well, you're still wrong about which opinion I am.

I don't work for anyone. I see all the patterns, and you know what? They simply do not bug me (I may not like some of them, but I don't hate them either; I hate very little). The result? My opinion of Cryptic/PWE, and other such things, is not negatively tinted. And my natural inclination is to defend what I enjoy, which is STO

I'm aware this is not a normal opinion, but it has not changed once Open Beta... and if I'm aware of this, and I'm okay with that, that should say something.

I'm affected, yes, but I still defend them, why? Because 1), it doesn't actually bug me, and 2) I understand that if they don't know the problem, they can't fix it, even as they no doubt try to. That's the nature of me, to understand the behind-the-scenes things, and never blame them when things go wrong.

I'd much rather let those flow over me, and move on, enjoying things than dwelling on the bad. Much better imo

So I don't see my opinion as naive, blind, or a yes-man. Extremely unusual, yes, but not any of those things. And due to this understanding, I can (and will) never see it as not-caring, because to me it simply is not fact (I've seen the behind-Cryptic-scenes videos, the people they are and their collections of Star Trek merchandise, for one thing)
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, you're still wrong about which opinion I am.

I don't work for anyone. I see all the patterns, and you know what? They simply do not bug me (I may not like some of them, but I don't hate them either; I hate very little). The result? My opinion of Cryptic/PWE, and other such things, is not negatively tinted. And my natural inclination is to defend what I enjoy, which is STO

I'm aware this is not a normal opinion, but it has not changed once Open Beta... and if I'm aware of this, and I'm okay with that, that should say something.

I'm affected, yes, but I still defend them, why? Because 1), it doesn't actually bug me, and 2) I understand that if they don't know the problem, they can't fix it, even as they no doubt try to. That's the nature of me, to understand the behind-the-scenes things, and never blame them when things go wrong.

I'd much rather let those flow over me, and move on, enjoying things than dwelling on the bad. Much better imo

So I don't see my opinion as naive, blind, or a yes-man. Extremely unusual, yes, but not any of those things. And due to this understanding, I can (and will) never see it as not-caring, because to me it simply is not fact (I've seen the behind-Cryptic-scenes videos, the people they are and their collections of Star Trek merchandise, for one thing)

At least I can respect that. You've stated your point, you've explained why you defend them, and that's fine.

I don't agree with that, and I honestly believe that your attitude is a huge part of the problem, if I'm honest. Defending a company for poor performance is like telling them they're doing a great job when in fact they're not.

To me, it's akin to saying, "Hey, I ordered this burger medium-well, but it's like steak tartare. I'd best not complain. I'll just keep my head down and eat this raw meat even though the very thought of raw meat makes me sick."

If you say nothing, or constantly tell someone they're doing a great job when in fact they're failing at their jobs so deplorably that anyone else would be terminated for that level of incompetence, they never know they're doing a bad job in the first place. This, in turn, allows sub-par performance and product.

I have never understood that, and I never will. Do I respect your opinion? Of course. Everyone should respect an opinion even if they don't agree with it. Has it changed my opinion of the opinion (god, that's funny)? Nope.

I still think those at Cryptic have an absolute lack of passion for Star Trek. If they truly did have anything but apathy, they'd have left the dev-side of the game long ago over what Cryptic has done with it.

Because people with a passion for Star Trek rail against what's being done to it. Hello, me.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    At least I can respect that. You've stated your point, you've explained why you defend them, and that's fine.

I don't agree with that, and I honestly believe that your attitude is a huge part of the problem, if I'm honest. Defending a company for poor performance is like telling them they're doing a great job when in fact they're not.

To me, it's akin to saying, "Hey, I ordered this burger medium-well, but it's like steak tartare. I'd best not complain. I'll just keep my head down and eat this raw meat even though the very thought of raw meat makes me sick."

If you say nothing, or constantly tell someone they're doing a great job when in fact they're failing at their jobs so deplorably that anyone else would be terminated for that level of incompetence, they never know they're doing a bad job in the first place. This, in turn, allows sub-par performance and product.

I have never understood that, and I never will. Do I respect your opinion? Of course. Everyone should respect an opinion even if they don't agree with it. Has it changed my opinion of the opinion (god, that's funny)? Nope.

I still think those at Cryptic have an absolute lack of passion for Star Trek. If they truly did have anything but apathy, they'd have left the dev-side of the game long ago over what Cryptic has done with it.

Because people with a passion for Star Trek rail against what's being done to it. Hello, me.
    Much the same as I (reluctantly) respect yours; when I argue, I never do so with the intention that it isn't within people's rights to have that opinion. I'd like it if were different, of course, and sometimes I simply try to point out the other side

Doesn't always go well, because wording and other's intrepretations matter, but at least I try

I like ST, much as you do. I simply think that STO is a game, and therefore being soft-canon, is a lot more flexible than the shows. And thus, I think they're allowed to do a lot more, concerning gameplay, ships you've always wanted to fly even if they'll never make sense story-wise, etc etc.

And even if some things aren't canon by the show's standards... so what? This is a game, the point of which is to enjoy, imo. It doesn't change ST canon in any way, not if you don't want it to - so overall, I guess the basic issue is when it comes to the game, I'm (very) flexible about it, and many others aren't.

That's also probably part of it; STO is like it's own little world, connected to ST the way you/me view it. I enjoy it, even the parts that aren't canon/usual - others are considerably more varied.

And as much as some start the arguments, I probably haven't helped in some cases either, with that 'instinct' to defend what I love (sometimes blindly)
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    sirdraknosirdrakno Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, looks like STO crew are not going to do anything to fix the launcher. After 4 years, this is a sad day for me and my store. After long talks, STO will end tonight. I can't support a game that does not take care of its customers. STO will be missed but its a business world and money is the game. To the gang I've know since Beta that still play, good luck. You can catch the store crew in Neverwinter or Eve.

Later and good bye.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    Something went wrong in this mornings patch

I get server not responding like crazy

Almost makes the game unplayable
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    psalm252psalm252 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This issue has been resolved. How can you delete a post?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

The error id 25664664, the one I am experiencing can be found reported on this forum up to a year ago. Are you saying they have no data on who is or is not experiencing this error code? Nothing at all to report? No data to track from tribble or holodeck when season 8 or season 8.5 was rolled out.. none from tribble when season 9 content was added? Don't they track the error reports? Is forums the ONLY way they track these types of issue or not?

Although my personal journey into the order of persistance started with season 9, I was at first annoyed to read that issues with season 9 were known a month in advance and no information was posted. But the true shock was learning that error id 25664664 has been reported for over a year from some players. ALL this information I have gathered from other players, and reading forums. What others have tried, what may or may not work.. all from other players. I have submitted a ticket to Cryptic with my system info as well as posted here in forums what my issue is and what I have tried to get the game running. You say "why not help" ? Love to.. only thing I need is some BASIC information from Cryptic. The only information I have from cryptic is "error id 25664664" Too much to ask they could say what that means? Hardware issue? Software? Too much to expect that after a year they could track the reports and say only customers with _______ seem to be affected? Or are you going to argue after a year they have NO information on error id 25664664? Don't know what else I CAN do other than asking for information in these forums.

Maybe they will surprise me and actually respond to my ticket on a timely basis with a specific and helpful suggestion. However I don't plan on waiting for a miracle, Will continue to post and read forums until I find a solution somehow. So, if i sound a bit frustrated, perhaps I am, consider however, until 4/22 i spent my limited free time playing STO. Since that patch my limited time has been spent reading forum posts, and trying different methods to make the game work. Most of that reading has been complaints by others that cryptic offered no information, help or suggestions to any issues related to error id 25664664. To date I have found ONLY ONE player that had returned to the game after this error. With a different computer. Not exactly a viable solution for me. If you have a different idea on what to do to fix this issue, lets hear it. At this point however, considering its been a year and there has been NO information on error id 25664664. Nor any comment I can find from cryptic about this id. I really don't see how any reasonable person can reach any other conclusion OTHER than some variation of 'since it affects a limited number of customers they don't care."

IF i have missed a post, article or specific solution for error id 25664664, someone please post that information and I will cheerfully eat crow.
  • Options
    runningbotrunningbot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had no problems with S9 release untill today's patch. Got a CTD with a report request. It seems that as some people have their issue resolved, others are developing new issues.
  • Options
    ravine007ravine007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Possible solution to Error 25664664

I've always run the game through the Standard Launcher and now through ARC/Standard Launcher until I started getting this error after I had patched to S9.

I tried everything on these posts to get it working but to no avail! However, in a desperate , this is the last thing I'll try before giving up, I decided to try running STO through Steam...

...I added STO to Steam, it said it was doing an install of DirectX, then Launcher Download, I had to wait for it to re-download all the game files to the Steam folder..

..once completed I ran the game from Steam and it now works!

I logged out, rebooted the computer and logged in using ARC/Launcher (the way i always have) and that works now too (I haven't tried it but I would think I can now uninstall the Steam copy).

Since my original version worked after installing the one on Steam i can only think that it is DirectX related in some way (because Steam wouldn't have modified the original install).

If you don't have Steam/Steam STO install I would try that..if you do already have the Steam version then try uninstalling it and re-installing it...or...installing the ARC version (or if you can the old standalone launcher and see if that fixes it for you.

IF none of this works for you then I feel your pain..I too had the frustration of not being able to play my favourite game since the release of S9 and feel ignored by the powers that be...

Keep the faith!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ravine007 wrote: »
    Possible solution to Error 25664664

I've always run the game through the Standard Launcher and now through ARC/Standard Launcher until I started getting this error after I had patched to S9.

I tried everything on these posts to get it working but to no avail! However, in a desperate , this is the last thing I'll try before giving up, I decided to try running STO through Steam...

...I added STO to Steam, it said it was doing an install of DirectX, then Launcher Download, I had to wait for it to re-download all the game files to the Steam folder..

..once completed I ran the game from Steam and it now works!

I logged out, rebooted the computer and logged in using ARC/Launcher (the way i always have) and that works now too (I haven't tried it but I would think I can now uninstall the Steam copy).

Since my original version worked after installing the one on Steam i can only think that it is DirectX related in some way (because Steam wouldn't have modified the original install).

If you don't have Steam/Steam STO install I would try that..if you do already have the Steam version then try uninstalling it and re-installing it...or...installing the ARC version (or if you can the old standalone launcher and see if that fixes it for you.

IF none of this works for you then I feel your pain..I too had the frustration of not being able to play my favourite game since the release of S9 and feel ignored by the powers that be...

Keep the faith!

Glad you were able to get in. Sadly I get the same error 25664664 when i tried launching through steam.
  • Options
    player20092player20092 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am able to load the game fine since the last patch.

However, when beaming between the Sol system and the ESD the load screen freezes. There's no error message, I have to use "End Process" to close STO and relaunch it. This is for either beaming to or beaming from ESD.

The process is so time consuming that I haven't yet seen if the problem applies to any other zone transfers.

EDIT:

Scratch that. I'm now having problems just getting to the character selection screen:

"Startrek Online has suddenly stopped working."

EDIT 2:

And it appears to be any zone transfer. My new process for transferring between zones:

Hit beam up/warp to sector space.

Control+Alt+Delete

Open Task Manager

End Process on Startrek Online Game Client

Relaunch STO

Hope it doesn't crash while relaunching
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Finally got an error message after 12+ crashes with just "STO has stopped working."

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details: Sync query 1 0x15754000 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR
    0x887a0020
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I just got a crash with an "out of memory" error after a load screen.

Not sure how STO could possibly run out of memory for a shader. I have 2xEVGA 770 SuperClocked 4GB video cards, so there's 4GB of video memory for STO to use (assuming it was a 64-bit process, which it probably isn't).

In any case, I've selected the maximum amount of VRam possible in the STO options. Why would you possibly design a game such that it requires more memory than you allow to be allocated to the program?
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Possible Solution to the "White box" Crash:

A friend of mine has a Win 7 machine with this bug and a Win XP where the game runs without problem.

We literally copied the entire Win XP STO install over to the Win 7 machine and put it in the same location the Win 7 STO version was.
    The game reset its Vid settings but is now working.

Possible explanation:

during the patching of the Win 7 version there is some kind of problem with the files.
    What exactly I don't know but it seems this does not occur on Win XP and a Win XP install runs on a Win 7 install without a problem.

*EDIT: how the heck did I make such a stupid mistake and write Win 98 when I mean XP??!!

SORRY I meant XP not 98*
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Welp, I'm now just completely unable to log in.

Once I choose my character, it gets to 40-95% complete loading and freezes.

S9 launch = no problems
    Patch fix the next day = can't play
    Patch fix the next day = still can't play
    Patch fix the next day = still can't play
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Possible Solution to the "White box" Crash:

A friend of mine has a Win 7 machine with this bug and a Win 98 where the game runs without problem.

We literally copied the entire Win 98 STO install over to the Win 7 machine and put it in the same location the Win 7 STO version was.
    The game reset its Vid settings but is now working.

Possible explanation:

during the patching of the Win 7 version there is some kind of problem with the files.
    What exactly I don't know but it seems this does not occur on Win 98 and a Win 98 install runs on a Win 7 install without a problem.
    Well I don't know too much about the technical side of computers, but sadly, this might not help me

My system is an emachines T3642, S/No XC67C 500 02367, had for a few years, and plays STO fairly well at full resolution, until the more-graphic intensive areas (like the Solanae Dyson Sphere). I know I probably should have posted this sooner, but yeah :/
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    nantha7nantha7 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello after all the patches, reinstalling, I still cannot get into the game, it seems to be arc related and graphics related, I can get in on my notebook where I did not install arc, but I can't get in on my desktop where I did install arc, and now I can't find a way to download the game without arc....Please fix...I will be reinstalling the game agian tonight.

this is the error code I'm getting
    Fatal Error: Direct 3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_Error_Device_Removed) while checking sync query.

Technical Details:Sync query 6 0x13b4f90 GetData = = 0x887 a 0005 0 NF 454
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

I'm running a Dell XPS 9100 with Geforce 310 NVIDIA card please help thanks
    "The undiscover'd country from whose bourn No traveller returns" ~ Hamlet by William Shakespeare & Star Trek VI