test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official feedback thread for the Kit Revamp

Comments

• dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Where's the console at Drozana station that gives out kits/modules? All I'm finding is the test console with the Dyson rep stuff and other older test ships/items.

Bought a kit and some modules at ESD for the time being, but those will definitely be a downgrade from my current kit so it's hard to give feedback. (Honestly though, I don't see myself not liking this revamp, even without testing. Choosing skills is just better than having to use premades.)
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Probably been noted, but on the tac kit the assault module icon does not match what the kit shows. one is like a X and the other is more intricate and round (hard to explain the shape). would be nice if they matched.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Where's the console at Drozana station that gives out kits/modules? All I'm finding is the test console with the Dyson rep stuff and other older test ships/items.

It was only active for a short time with Kit items.
    And then inactivated.

I assume they've taken this feature offline because they want to refine the mechanic more before allowing players to test it.

So you won't find the Kit test items, as they're just not there.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    tilarta wrote: »
    It was only active for a short time with Kit items.
    And then inactivated.

I assume they've taken this feature offline because they want to refine the mechanic more before allowing players to test it.

So you won't find the Kit test items, as they're just not there.

The test vendor becoming disabled is merely an oversight on our end, and shouldn't happen again in the future. It should remain available until Season 9 launches.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do these drop anywhere yet, on Tribble?
    edited March 2014
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    Do these drop anywhere yet, on Tribble?

Yes. Ground combat should occasionally cause a Kit or Module to drop.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes. Ground combat should occasionally cause a Kit or Module to drop.

Reminds me is there any news or confirmation on the anesthezine gas that has been bugged/broken code for so long? I always figured it had to have programmer time to resolve it but there hasn't been any feedback plus the doffs for it are useless as long as its broken the way it is.
  • sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's possible within the system, but a cross-career kit slot would be extremely powerful. A universal kit slot would be even more powerful. It's something we've planned around making eventually, but not something we're going to roll out with the launch of the revamp.

Like Nanite Health monitor, people in PVP would be invincible if this option were to be available :/ Thankies for the consideration on this. Looking forward to testing it, just concerned about Devices :/
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fleet Kit Update:

-All Fleet Kits have had their stat bonuses revisited. Fleet Kits now provide two general skills and two spec-specific skills, instead of four general skills.
    -The spec-specific skills each kit provides are tailored towards the powers that kit used to be bundled with.
    -All Fleet Kits have had their module slots revisited. Fleet Kits which previously fit the 4/1 model are now 4/1 kits instead of 3/2 kits.
    -All Fleet Kits have been updated with one "Dual" slot. For example, the Fleet Medic kit now contains 4 Medic module slots and 1 Science module slot. The dual slot can fit either a Research OR a Medic module.

These changes should allow everyone to recreate the fleet kits they had before. They should also make the new Fleet Kits much more satisfying and worth of being Fleet-level rewards. This will come to Tribble to test soon, but I wanted to post here to let you all know what's being done with them.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dual slots sound cool. I hope it works out well! :D

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    These changes to the Fleet Kits look great.
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    -All Fleet Kits have had their module slots revisited. Fleet Kits which previously fit the 4/1 model are now 4/1 kits instead of 3/2 kits.

Will there be any mechanic in the near future to get 3/2 kits, or are we stuck with 4/1 as the only viable option at max rank?
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Will there be any mechanic in the near future to get 3/2 kits, or are we stuck with 4/1 as the only viable option at max rank?

3/2 and 4/1 kits both exist at Mark 11 and Mark 12 for all types of kits. These can be attained from ground combat drops or mission replays (Mark 11) right now.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fleet Kit Update:

-All Fleet Kits have been updated with one "Dual" slot. For example, the Fleet Medic kit now contains 4 Medic module slots and 1 Science module slot. The dual slot can fit either a Research OR a Medic module.

That sounds perfect! Should solve the 5/0 issue with the two science kits and give people some options if they choose.

One note though: I think some of the tactical fleet kits are 3/2 instead of 1/4, it might be cool to include the option to get a 3/2 kit with 1 "dual" slot to address that and add some more customization.

Still can't wait to check them out when they hit tribble!

Thanks guys :D
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fleet Kit Update:

-All Fleet Kits have had their stat bonuses revisited. Fleet Kits now provide two general skills and two spec-specific skills, instead of four general skills.
    -The spec-specific skills each kit provides are tailored towards the powers that kit used to be bundled with.

These changes should allow everyone to recreate the fleet kits they had before. They should also make the new Fleet Kits much more satisfying and worth of being Fleet-level rewards. This will come to Tribble to test soon, but I wanted to post here to let you all know what's being done with them.

Any chance we can get a different place to trade in fleet kits so those of us who aren't in fleets that have the places unlocked can trade them in?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fleet Kit Update:

So does this mean that Fleet Kits have 6 slots in total?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
    edited March 2014
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Any chance we can get a different place to trade in fleet kits so those of us who aren't in fleets that have the places unlocked can trade them in?

If you have access to a Fleet Kit, the assumption is that you belong to a Fleet with access to purchase those items.

We know that players change fleets, or even sometimes 'buy' access to higher-rank items via temporary membership, but it's not something we're going to go out of our way to support.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you have access to a Fleet Kit, the assumption is that you belong to a Fleet with access to purchase those items.

We know that players change fleets, or even sometimes 'buy' access to higher-rank items via temporary membership, but it's not something we're going to go out of our way to support.

What's the situation with the Tier 4 plasma turret from the fleet embassy engineering kit? That thing's hella sweet and I really want to make sure it's hanging around :)
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    3/2 and 4/1 kits both exist at Mark 11 and Mark 12 for all types of kits. These can be attained from ground combat drops or mission replays (Mark 11) right now.

What mission replays will feature these?

Also, will the redone Borg/Undine episodes feature new kits or blue/purple Mk 11 modules, instead of the somewhat-useless armor/shields that they currently offer?
    edited March 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    So does this mean that Fleet Kits have 6 slots in total?

No, they still cap out at 5 slots. Just now, one of those slots will be a "Dual Slot" that can fit either of that profession's Specializations.

Science = Medic / Research
    Engineering = Fabrication / Mechanic
    Tactical = Assault / Strategic

The 4 remaining module slots on the kit will be arranged to emulate currently-existing Kits.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, they still cap out at 5 slots. Just now, one of those slots will be a "Dual Slot" that can fit either of that profession's Specializations.

Science = Medic / Research
    Engineering = Fabrication / Mechanic
    Tactical = Assault / Strategic

The 4 remaining module slots on the kit will be arranged to emulate currently-existing Kits.

So if we've got this straight then, a fleet fabrication kit would look something like this:

*Fabrication Slot
    *Fabrication Slot
    *Fabrication Slot
    *Fabrication Slot
    *Dual Slot [Mechanic or Fabrication]

and a fleet mechanic kit would be....

*Mechanic Slot
    *Mechanic Slot
    *Mechanic Slot
    *Mechanic Slot
    *Dual Slot [Mechanic or Fabrication]

Correct?

BTW, thank you for responding to all of the questions and feedback here. Makes me a lot less nervous about this change! Also, fleet access can be hard to come by on Tribble, so it is really nice to have this information upfront.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014

So is the Fleet Kit Trade-in available to any Fleet that has completed the Tier 1 Recruit for the Embassy Kits and the Tier 1 Operations for the Spire Kits? I assume that you can only trade in Embassy Kits to the Fleet Kit contact at the Embassy and the Spire Kits to the Fleet Kit contact at the Spire. So if I got the Mk XII kits from a Public Service channel or a previous fleet, would I be able to trade them in for the new version if my fleet isn't at Tier 3 Recruit or Tier 3 Operations?

Also, what is the difference between each of the kits as far as Mk goes. I know that the Mk X version would have only 4 slots, but the Mk XI and Mk XII versions have 5 slots. I assume the Mk XII version would just have better stat bonuses than the Mk XI version.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fleet Kit Update:

Thank you. I think this solves most people's concerns about the fleet kits.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • grevdogggrevdogg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From a technical/gameplay standpoint, I think the new Kit system is spot on. I haven't been able to play around with anything more than the 4 slot kits with the freebie modules, but I've found some interesting tweaks to the standard kit layouts that make me much happier overall. For Tactical captains in particular I like not being locked into a grenade type by the other abilities that fit your play style.

For the more superficial and/or RP side of things, the new visual system basically means I'll never have armor or kits showing up on myself or any of my Boffs. I only "wear" my armor/kit now when I'm doing something like the ground battle zone, where it makes sense that we'd know to go in locked and loaded. Since my character can change costumes this isn't an issue; but for Boffs the inability to change outfits means that they'd either have to constantly run around with their armor and kit bits on, or they'll have to follow my heavily armored captain into battle wearing nothing but their duty uniforms.

Obviously this is pretty low priority compared to getting the mechanics working and smoothed out, but I thought I'd chime in for anyone else that might feel the way I do.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    grevdogg wrote: »
    Obviously this is pretty low priority compared to getting the mechanics working and smoothed out, but I thought I'd chime in for anyone else that might feel the way I do.

I know borticus mentioned the possibility (with no promises) of armor costumes on BOFFs again, but this is a really good point. With the old armor toggle, you had complete control over whether your BOFFs wore armor or didn't. With the new system, unless they eventually give BOFFs costume slots (which I don't see happening), you're going to be forced into one or the other.

Kinda disappointing, not for me personally since I always have mine in uniform, but I know others like the light RP element the toggle provides.
    edited March 2014
    I like this kit feedback sounds good hope they enjoy using them :)
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Sorry for not being clearer, I meant this on Tribble only. I want to try trading in my fleet kit, but I can't because my tribble fleet doesn't have the access open
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fleet Kit Update:

The dual slot for fleet kits is very much appreciated. :)

However, I believe your example of the medic kit was in error which caused some confusion.

I think you meant, for example, the fleet medic kit will have 4 medic module slots and 1 dual module slot. The way you wrote it makes it sound as though the dual slot will be a 6th module slot.
    edited March 2014
    The dual slot for fleet kits is very much appreciated. :)

However, I believe your example of the medic kit was in error which caused some confusion.

I think you meant, for example, the fleet medic kit will have 4 medic module slots and 1 dual module slot. The way you wrote it makes it sound as though the dual slot will be a 6th module slot.

Science Slot = Dual Slot. It fits either Science Module, whether they are Medic or Research.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    edited March 2014
    Science Slot = Dual Slot. It fits either Science Module, whether they are Medic or Research.

What would be great is if half of the science powers are either fixed that are broken or the ones that have no purpose are revamped to be useful. Examples Anethizine Gas(haven't even recieved any kind of feedback if this skill is being looked into being fixed or not)=Broken Biofilter=Worthless unless you are fighting romulans or breen if you have some kind of ground set.