test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ESD is not going to improve zone use at ESD.

Comments

• sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The only time I've experienced an area-of-special-effects griefbomb was right after the third anniversary when everyone was setting off the balloon things. I turned my physics objects setting way down and life returned to normal. The party amps, the noise makers, those don't actually stop you doing anything, and they only affect you if you're standing still. The only time you stand still at ESD (or any hub) is if you're interacting with an NPC or console, and everything outside the window is easy to ignore.

Zone chat, OTOH, can be a problem. I seem to have the misfortune to be on ESD when Zone chat is full of ill-informed right-wing asshats. If I get annoyed at this, I just close the chat window. The only time I ever came across some RPGers was during an Aademy event - there were two of them sat at a table by the bar, and my particle popped a hologram. I shot it with a KB3 pulsewave, and it landed on their table. Up until that point I thought they were NPCs, but then one of them jumped up, and the other said "aaah! what's happening?"(commendably fast typing there, really). I checked the chat window (Local) after I killed the hologram, and saw more of their conversation. So, no, RPGers aren't a problem.

The problem with social hubs (apart from chat being full of ill-informed right-wing asshats) is that everything you can do there can be accomplished remotely. The only exceptions are skill re-spec, BOff training/recruiting, personal/ship tailor, a very few DOff assignments, and buying a new ship. Everything else can be done elsewhere - missions from the journal, sector space traders and replicators for commodities and consumables, the SS Azura II or a Ferengi bridge for bank/exchange/mail, Dil store on the inventory tab, components and regenerators for healing (they drop like flies in STFs), and now you can even change ships in space. The main reason ESD is underused is not because it doesn't look sparkly or because it's difficult to navigate, or because of other players being asshats, it's because there's only about three things to do there that you can't do elsewhere. As for minor hubs, like Ganalda or DS-K7, they're ghost towns. I suspect DS-K7 and Ganalda only have visitors because you don't need to run a mile between the bank and the vendors.

If the new-look ESD is shiny, I will approve. If it is not, I won't. Either way, I (and probably hundreds of others) will not be spending more time there than we already do, unless more genuinely unique interactions are added. And if they change the outside to be different to the familiar overgrown mushroom we all know and love, I suspect there will be much anger heading Cryptic's way.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    that's the ticket cryptic introduce fun items that don't hurt anyone and then penalize players for using them, sounds good to me. not!.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lerpyderp wrote: »

are you trying to defend cryptic CS like its renowned thats what i was getting at i put it this way again a lot of what cryptic lets ppl get away with in this game would have my wow account banned 10 times over and right now im just talking about the chat like what goes on in ESD this not counting harassing a player that just trying to RP that some unnamed fleet loves to do i got a final warning on my wow account for using /spit on some one who had me on ignore so that tell you a lot about pwe cryptic CS and about what they do and dont care about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited March 2014
    Ignore him, I swear every single one of his posts are like that.

i think i upset you today im sorry can we be friends again? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited March 2014
    deleted.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry, but that was borderline incomprehensible and consisted mainly of whining from what I did understand.

Please carry on with white-knighting for an admitted pedophile, I am sure this will bring many wonderful things into your life and gain you a lot of popularity.
    FvMLllF.jpg
    edited March 2014
    lerpyderp wrote: »
    Please carry on with white-knighting for an admitted pedophile, I am sure this will bring many wonderful things into your life and gain you a lot of popularity.

im just calling cryptic CS as i see it i do not like it any more then you do but its true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    TL;DR. Things make me upset and hurt feelings, these things are OP please lock down the social zones so I can no longer be hurt feelings and sore bottom. Anyone who says otherwise is a troll/ idiot/ whatever and is OP, pls nerf. Also somebody gets their internet diddly-do on with children or something.
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its the hostility of in game social zones that make safe harbors like Praetorian so popular. I wish Cryptic would begin policing the server as well, but its just not going to happen.
  • quadraxis666quadraxis666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    LOL! This entire thread over a guy crying about discoballs. It is my right, nay, my DUTY to use the discobomb at all times everywhere I go to promote cheer and fun!

Do people REALLY feel "unsafe and harassed" by the bloody things?!?

Just today my fleetmates found a fleet posing for a group photo on Defera and I did my part to make it fun!

http://7thfederationfleet.com/gallery/m/15616310/detail/146510#pid=1744674
    edited March 2014
    LOL! This entire thread over a guy crying about discoballs. It is my right, nay, my DUTY to use the discobomb at all times everywhere I go to promote cheer and fun!

Do people REALLY feel "unsafe and harassed" by the bloody things?!?

Just today my fleetmates found a fleet posing for a group photo on Defera and I did my part to make it fun!

http://7thfederationfleet.com/gallery/m/15616310/detail/146510#pid=1744674

I really don't understand why people complain about them so much. WASD key's exist.
  • minusthedrifter2minusthedrifter2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How many times have you started to type something, but forgot to click "enter"? The result: your avatar spazzes out and starts jumping like a lunatic. Do the other players make a remake like "are you ill?" or "Is that a new dance?"? Generally... NO!! Rule of thumb is to have a buffer for stupid actions like that and just pretend it didn't happen. The Show must go on. Same thing applies to Subspace party amps. If one is thrown on top of your quiet tea party, continue have the tea party and ignore your avatar. All the dialogue happens in chat (which, is hopefully team chat, as to dodge Spam); you can easily roll your eyes and continue your scene as if you're sitting quietly sipping Earl Grey.

It's called Improve, Suspension of Disbelief, and Selective Focus.

This is probably the single best advice given regarding RPers with panties in a bunch over party amps and something I cannot figure out why isn't more common.

Honestly, as an RPer myself what my avatar is actually doing is completely irrelevant to what the RP is about. Heck, 95% of the time avatars are just standing there playing their idle animations, the other 5% they're sitting down. As kyeto said others involved in the RP don't take notice of physical peculiarities why should it be any different if everyone suddenly breaks out in dance? Ignore it, and continue your scene just like you would if someone suddenly spazzed out due to forgetting to hit enter, or as I have seen on some occasions, those who don't even bother to use a sit animation on chairs and just stand on them. No one asks if you've had a seizure or wonders why you're standing on chairs.

The fact of the matter is that if your RP is so fragile a disco ball is able to ruin it, your RP isn't that good, or you're putting way to much into what an otherwise idle avatar is doing.

Want to annoy the person who just dropped an amp into the middle of your shindig? Ignore it completely and carry on like nothing happened. If you don't feed them they'll get bored before the amp even expires.
  • thyrnecristhyrnecris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is probably the single best advice given regarding RPers with panties in a bunch over party amps and something I cannot figure out why isn't more common.

Honestly, as an RPer myself what my avatar is actually doing is completely irrelevant to what the RP is about. Heck, 95% of the time avatars are just standing there playing their idle animations, the other 5% they're sitting down. As kyeto said others involved in the RP don't take notice of physical peculiarities why should it be any different if everyone suddenly breaks out in dance? Ignore it, and continue your scene just like you would if someone suddenly spazzed out due to forgetting to hit enter, or as I have seen on some occasions, those who don't even bother to use a sit animation on chairs and just stand on them. No one asks if you've had a seizure or wonders why you're standing on chairs.

The fact of the matter is that if your RP is so fragile a disco ball is able to ruin it, your RP isn't that good, or you're putting way to much into what an otherwise idle avatar is doing.

Want to annoy the person who just dropped an amp into the middle of your shindig? Ignore it completely and carry on like nothing happened. If you don't feed them they'll get bored before the amp even expires.

Little hint: It might also have to do with the fact that it FORCES someones Character to do something. Also, did you ever consider that when someone roleplays in a Social Zone, that they want the setting of the zone, or, as protogoth earlier stated: The one disturbed might be using an Emote that is activated via limited item.
    Keep in mind that when the Breen Episode came out originally, there was a Grenade that did freeze people in the area of impact, it did not work in combat, but it disrupted emotes, stopped people running when they tried to get somewhere on the station. Surprise, it got nerfed.
    We have ignore, we have the ability to disable whole channels. So there is no reason to not give a 'Disable forced emotes' toggle in the game options. Or even better: Remove the forced dance, keep the flashy effects. Done.

Also, who the hell do you 'RPers have no right of first way in channels' guys are? So Roleplayers have no right to be undisturbed, but Dancing Griefer Ball Users have the right to fire an object that forces someone into an interaction? Suuuure there.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thyrnecris wrote: »
    Little hint: It might also have to do with the fact that it FORCES someones Character to do something. Also, did you ever consider that when someone roleplays in a Social Zone, that they want the setting of the zone, or, as protogoth earlier stated: The one disturbed might be using an Emote that is activated via limited item.

You are more than welcome to use the social zones, but you also cannot force people out of the zone you do not like. Anymore than the trolls wish to push you out.

Again, Suspension of Disbelief. Your Character dances? Ignore it. Just like when you spaz out if you misclick something. Or if you mistype something... Of if you CORRECT a typo. You just roll with the punches and keep playing. There have been several times I have been RPing, and due to my mistyping, my avatar jumped up, sprinted across the room and began pinballing around the mess hall. Did that ruin my immersion? Did my party think I was a spaziod? Was I under attack by a devidan? Nope... No Comment. I stopped what I was trying to do, typed out my reply and calmly went back to my seat as if nothing happened. No one batted an eye at that behavior. Neither should they when you suddenly have a jig in your pants.

It is a Q item anyways, If he can make an android, who is physically unable to understand emotions, bust a gut laughing, I think he can make your Stoic Vulcan with two left feet do the mambo. Hell, USE IT! Make it part of your RP where you are suddenly under attack by Q who is bored and trying to make you dance for ihs entertainment. How would you approach this? How would you confront an omnipotent being who is bored and using you as a puppet? Maybe you reason with him? Maybe you fire an anti-tachyon pulse to disrupt his control? OMG SO MANY OPTIONS!!! All more exciting than drinking tea and chatting idely about a war no one is quite sure about.

Also, if you REALLY just want the setting, you can create a private map of most social zones in the foundry. Add some NPCs wandering around, some friendly patrols. and BAM! you have a private map where you and your friends can RP to your hearts delight. You can have a map set up within a half hour if you are new to it.
    Keep in mind that when the Breen Episode came out originally, there was a Grenade that did freeze people in the area of impact, it did not work in combat, but it disrupted emotes, stopped people running when they tried to get somewhere on the station. Surprise, it got nerfed.
    We have ignore, we have the ability to disable whole channels. So there is no reason to not give a 'Disable forced emotes' toggle in the game options. Or even better: Remove the forced dance, keep the flashy effects. Done.

Your character is forced into dancing... but you can still conduct business, and more importantly MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. Big Difference there. The cryo grenade was nerfed because you it stopped you from moving, put you in combat, and closed all your windows. AND it could be used in social zones. That made it prime ammo for trolls to lob them at the Exchange and Bank, forcing everyones window to close and freezing them there. Add a friend or two, and you can chain them and leave the group of victims stuck there permanently.

With the Party Amp. You can still conduct your in-game business. You can still open windows. And, most of all, YOU ARE STILL ABLE TO WALK AWAY!!! . Literally the only group that has an issue with this are the hardcore RPers with thin skin.
    Also, who the hell do you 'RPers have no right of first way in channels' guys are? So Roleplayers have no right to be undisturbed, but Dancing Griefer Ball Users have the right to fire an object that forces someone into an interaction? Suuuure there.

You have every right to RP. You have every right to play the game how you like. However, you cannot demand the behaviors of others be modified to fit your behavior. Yes, it is a dickish and trolly move of people who ambush RPers. I am not encouraging this behavior. I am against trolling and severely punish anyone in my fleet who have been convicted of such crimes.

It is much easier to modify the attitude of yourself rather than the behaviors of others.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thyrnecris wrote: »

Easy there, Mate. The origin of this thread was clearly yet another camoflaged attempt to claim the Disco Balls are Heresy. I find them fun and entertaining. But I get how some people do not. I, for one, exercise restraint and decorum with these items. My friends and I like them and we always have a good time with them.

But if you're going to tag with me with some overly emotional name which is just this side of a ToS violation, when I've never fired one off near you and you have no proof that I did, then I may need to rethink my position on this topic. I play this game for my entertainment, not yours. I am more than willing to adjust my play style and use of ingame items to accommodate others playing in the same instance as myself. The key word in the last sentence is compromise. In case you missed it. I am more than willing to compromise. To a point.

But I am not going to act like I am in some sort of church or temple while I am playing STO. Immersion is immersion. You're either immersed or you're not. This is something no one outside yourself can help you with. If shiny flashing lights and a catchy beat which runs for 120 seconds can distract someone to the point of anger, then I sincerely hope they do not have a driver's license or access to firearms and ammunition.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    new ESD will look good when ready and hopefully mostly bug free.

now we all know that disk balls are here to stay. and the kids have there weapon to make the old people mad.

now you will give old people new gun "antidisco" now save time you use the "Avalanche" remove the snowball and put into it a "anti-discoball" now "them" the player would need to buy from GPL Vendors.

now say that you are busy using the bank and a kid start a discoball over your head now at that time your gun come active you just aim and shot, big bang and ball is gone.
    edited March 2014
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yea disco balls.

Um the silly things run 300 seconds, not 120 seconds.. And yea.. if it were JUST the visual effects that would be cool.. I'd like that.

(I am the original poster for this thread)

I am NOT against disco balls.. I AM however opposed to the forced effect. And when I'm off doing my dance party thing.. I am NOT standing around with my avatar doing nothing. (maybe on your screen, but on mine I am allready dancing, usually a side step or a samba..maybe a nerve tonic dance).

Forcing character actions in combat (immobilizing generally) is no biggy.. but out side of a combat setting..

I am not a conspiricy theorist.. not the way my head works.. and would tend to be the first person to debunk such garbage..

But the disco balls are broken and have not been fixed.. it's been stated by some that its a pranking toy...

Yea ok...

What is the point of putting a pranking toy in a social game other then to create a divisive effect within the game social world? This is not rocket science... and if its what I think it is.. its just stupid.

If cryptic doesn't want someone as a customer or player in the game.. boot 'em.. Wipe their account.. shut 'em down. Get rid of them... I've seen sufficient evidence of policies in place to remove or limit dissenting opinions (ie: No I quit threads etc) No one but no one has any "rights" in this game or these forums other then what Cryptic allows..

If they're going to be our "evil overlords" then they need to stop TRIBBLE around and BE evil overlords. I'd have a lot more respect for their policies if they did.

But instead of clarity, we get pranking toys, and goon squads going around abusing the bugs with the device to harass and discomfit players. And the abusers ativities are not addressed by the GM staff at all. This is essentially giving a minority of players a pass to be bullies on the play ground.

THSI THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE FREAK"N DISCO BALLS!
    . That's not why I started this thread in the first place. They are just a toy that have been turned BY A MINORITY into a tool to abuse and harass.

Police the abusers, activly, and visibly... fixing the disco balls wouldn't hurt either..

Address the SOCIAL issues negitivly impacting the game social zones, and they'll get used more.

Some of ya'll posting playing disco ball partisan are not getting it. It's not about the disco balls...they are just a toy, and in some case misused as a tool.

It the abuse, and creating of a hostile social environment that needs to be addressed. Fixing the disco balls would help, but the greater issue would be still there.

No matter how much they dress up and improve ESD its not going to change the core problem. There is 20 plus years of experience running MMO's in the industry. Social hubs have to be policed and monitored or your going to have upset players that learn to just avoid them... after a while.. an attitude sets in, and it becomes permanant.

Cryptic studio devs have stated in public pod casts over the last few months that they want to address the under utilization of the games primary social hubs. The ESD revamp will address the asthetic issues and convenience of players using ESD and I've been on tribble.. It's a hell of an improvement. Gonna be great.. But unless the zones are activly policed by GM's it won't last.

I am older then most of you. I'm a grandfather.. I have grand kids. Scream all you want about the illusion of some sort of rights in this virtual world all you want. The reality is you have zero rights other then to come in, play, and give money to Cryptic studio's and PWI for something that is a illusion. None of it is real. You shell out a $100 for zen.. get ships what ever.. they do not exist out side of the game. You do not own anything here.

All you really have out of it is an experience. That experience can be good or bad. Part of it depends on YOUR view point. But only part of it. You will interact with other players. Its unavoidable. It is an MMO... MULTIPLAYER... Those other players will enhance or detract from the experience. If you think they can't.. well.. you are seriously ignorant. and possibly insane.

We are social animals..the social experience can be good, or bad. And your attitude toward it not only has minimal impact or importance. How you feel about the interactions with other players in the game is what is going to color your view. Not how you think.. How You Feel.

plug a trek moment in here... Computer to Spock: "How do you feel?"

Happy customers are more likely to spend money, stick around, and spend more money, and say good things about the service you provide. Unhappy customers eventually leave and say nasty things about your product and the service you provide. This is a hard lesson that any retail store operator learns early on if they're going to stay in business.

Customers exhibiting strong feeling of discontent and unhappiness is BAD!

If the cause of the unhappiness and discontent is obvious (and it is pretty clearly visible here) then it needs to be addressed. And it should be addressed while the product and service is maturing (which STO is) ... when a product hits its peak of maturity this sort of issue needs to be out of the way.. its need to be a non issue. If it is still an issue. or it left off and not addressed then the life time of your product or service will be reduced.

This MMO with its Trek IP licence is going to have the effects skewed in unpredictable ways.
    My experience with watching this industry it cryptic is going to be seeing a backlash from their policies if it is not addressed.

That would be bad. I'd rather NOT see that happen. SO please, step back, get out side of your own heads, grow up a little and realize this is a social game, a social space.

The game systems.. eh? ugh many of em kinda stink ok.. it's the players that are going to make it enjoyable.. the game mechanics impact that, but its all about the players. And its a social activity.. If you let folks run around playing "Playground bully" its going to reflect on the product.. and more importantly, the experience.. and that IS what is the product. Not the starships, uniforms, artwork.. those are all means to an end.. the experience is what your selling.

Do your best to ensure your customers have a good, positive fun experience, and money you shall make. Even if in the end all they take with them when all is said and done is memories. But a small group of unhappy customers can have an impact all out of proportion to their numbers. And a small group of abusers can effect the enjoyment of a much larger group of your customers.

One selfish jerk can utterly ruin a party... show their jerky selves out the nearest door and slam it behind 'em, and the party will mosly if not entirely recover.. and your guests will be more likely to want to show up to your next party ya know? it's really that simple.

P.S. Be aware that there are a few small fleets with not all that many members that have self elected themselves as a sort of morality police in STO who make a point of flashing party amps and such. They do it specificly to harass and annoy target social groups.. I guess because its a proven fact judging from the results that they can totally get away with it. They certainly have no respect for cryptic policies other then when they can use them as a tool to harass or discomfit their chosen targets. And they clearly get away with it. That is a different matter specificly from what I have tried to address here, but it is connected. Better policing of the game, and they would not be doing what they do.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • breaky01breaky01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do you get paid by the word?
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    breaky01 wrote: »
    Do you get paid by the word?

Unless he's a millionaire, I doubt it.

Anyway, Khemeraa, you're overreacting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenelltenell Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yea disco balls.

Um the silly things run 300 seconds, not 120 seconds.. And yea.. if it were JUST the visual effects that would be cool.. I'd like that.

I am NOT against disco balls.. I AM however opposed to the forced effect. And when I'm off doing my dance party thing.. I am NOT standing around with my avatar doing nothing. (maybe on your screen, but on mine I am allready dancing, usually a side step or a samba..maybe a nerve tonic dance).

Forcing character actions in combat (immobilizing generally) is no biggy.. but out side of a combat setting..

I am not a conspiricy theorist.. not the way my head works.. and would tend to be the first person to debunk such garbage..

But the disco balls are broken and have not been fixed.. it's been stated by some that its a pranking toy...

Yea ok...

What is the point of putting a pranking toy in a social game other then to create a divisive effect within the game social world? This is not rocket science... and if its what I think it is.. its just stupid.

If cryptic doesn't want someone as a customer or player in the game.. boot 'em.. Wipe their account.. shut 'em down. Get rid of them... I've seen sufficient evidence of policies in place to remove or limit dissenting opinions (ie: No I quit threads etc) No one but no one has any "rights" in this game or these forums other then what Cryptic allows..

If they're going to be our "evil overlords" then they need to stop TRIBBLE around and BE evil overlords. I'd have a lot more respect for their policies if they did.

But instead of clarity, we get pranking toys, and goon squads going around abusing the bugs with the device to harass and discomfit players. And the abusers ativities are not addressed by the GM staff at all. This is essentially giving a minority of players a pass to be bullies on the play ground.

. That's not why I started this thread in the first place. They are just a toy that have been turned BY A MINORITY into a tool to abuse and harass.

Police the abusers, activly, and visibly... fixing the disco balls wouldn't hurt either..

Address the SOCIAL issues negitivly impacting the game social zones, and they'll get used more.

Some of ya'll posting playing disco ball partisan are not getting it. It's not about the disco balls...they are just a toy, and in some case misused as a tool.

It the abuse, and creating of a hostile social environment that needs to be addressed. Fixing the disco balls would help, but the greater issue would be still there.

No matter how much they dress up and improve ESD its not going to change the core problem. There is 20 plus years of experience running MMO's in the industry. Social hubs have to be policed and monitored or your going to have upset players that learn to just avoid them... after a while.. an attitude sets in, and it becomes permanant.

Cryptic studio devs have stated in public pod casts over the last few months that they want to address the under utilization of the games primary social hubs. The ESD revamp will address the asthetic issues and convenience of players using ESD and I've been on tribble.. It's a hell of an improvement. Gonna be great.. But unless the zones are activly policed by GM's it won't last.

I am older then most of you. I'm a grandfather.. I have grand kids. Scream all you want about the illusion of some sort of rights in this virtual world all you want. The reality is you have zero rights other then to come in, play, and give money to Cryptic studio's and PWI for something that is a illusion. None of it is real. You shell out a $100 for zen.. get ships what ever.. they do not exist out side of the game. You do not own anything here.

All you really have out of it is an experience. That experience can be good or bad. Part of it depends on YOUR view point. But only part of it. You will interact with other players. Its unavoidable. It is an MMO... MULTIPLAYER... Those other players will enhance or detract from the experience. If you think they can't.. well.. you are seriously ignorant. and possibly insane.

We are social animals..the social experience can be good, or bad. And your attitude toward it not only has minimal impact or importance. How you feel about the interactions with other players in the game is what is going to color your view. Not how you think.. How You Feel.

Happy customers are more likely to spend money, stick around, and spend more money, and say good things about the service you provide. Unhappy customers eventually leave and say nasty things about your product and the service you provide. This is a hard lesson that any retail store operator learns early on if they're going to stay in business.

If the cause of the unhappiness and discontent is obvious (and it is pretty clearly visible here) then it needs to be addressed. And it should be addressed while the product and service is maturing (which STO is) ... when a product hits its peak of maturity this sort of issue needs to be out of the way.. its need to be a non issue. If it is still an issue. or it left off and not addressed then the life time of your product or service will be reduced.

This MMO with its Trek IP licence is going to have the effects skewed in unpredictable ways.
    My experience with watching this industry it cryptic is going to be seeing a backlash from their policies if it is not addressed.

That would be bad. I'd rather NOT see that happen. SO please, step back, get out side of your own heads, grow up a little and realize this is a social game, a social space.

The game systems.. eh? ugh many of em kinda stink ok.. it's the players that are going to make it enjoyable.. the game mechanics impact that, but its all about the players. And its a social activity.. If you let folks run around playing "Playground bully" its going to reflect on the product.. and more importantly, the experience.. and that IS what is the product. Not the starships, uniforms, artwork.. those are all means to an end.. the experience is what your selling.

Do your best to ensure your customers have a good, positive fun experience, and money you shall make. Even if in the end all they take with them when all is said and done is memories. But a small group of unhappy customers can have an impact all out of proportion to their numbers. And a small group of abusers can effect the enjoyment of a much larger group of your customers.

One selfish jerk can utterly ruin a party... show their jerky selves out the nearest door and slam it behind 'em, and the party will mosly if not entirely recover.. and your guests will be more likely to want to show up to your next party ya know? it's really that simple.

P.S. Be aware that there are a few small fleets with not all that many members that have self elected themselves as a sort of morality police in STO who make a point of flashing party amps and such. They do it specificly to harass and annoy target social groups.. I guess because its a proven fact judging from the results that they can totally get away with it. They certainly have no respect for cryptic policies other then when they can use them as a tool to harass or discomfit their chosen targets. And they clearly get away with it. That is a different matter specificly from what I have tried to address here, but it is connected. Better policing of the game, and they would not be doing what they do.

So once again you are doing your effort TL;DR post in a video game where you yourself stated nobody has any power over anything except the devs yet you make it your crusade to continue on something that once again you yourself have been experiencing for 3 years and nothing has changed. For an old guy one would think you would learn by now that if nothing is going to be done or change why keep banging your head against the wall hoping things will change theres a simple definition for that its called insanity. So please go ahead and keep beating the dead horse and banging your head against a wall that will never move like you said yourself.

Also by now the only reason why you even bother effort posting is that you probably got hit by a disco ball somewhere and went off the deep end again. :rolleyes:
    RlZDKhp.gif
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is regrettable that so much shameful content is allowed on STO, such as the idiot horns, trolling balls, etc etc.

Shameful behavior shouldn't be encouraged. Keep ESD pure of all contamination and corruption.

Translation:

"My Roleplaying is not as realistic anymore! How can I explain my life story about growing up on Romulus and being a descendant of Spock if my 'toon is dancing!?!?" lol
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yea disco balls.

But the disco balls are broken and have not been fixed.. it's been stated by some that its a pranking !!toy...

Yea ok...

China called. They want their wall back.:rolleyes:
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The new ESD is 3-4 times bigger than the old one, so ragers have 3-4 times the space to avoid the disco balls then. :D
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • heraanheraan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014