test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ESD is not going to improve zone use at ESD.

12345679»

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good lord, how can anybody be annoyed by a stupid freakin' disco ball?

Oh no my toon is dancing, oh the drama of it.

In other news the new ESD is looking nice, I always wanted it to be bigger and more up to date looking vs the current small out of date Walmart ESD we have as of now.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When you begin sounding like Frollo, it's time to rethink your life.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Read through the first 15 pages or so, and I find it funny how the forum mods seem to take more action than the GMs. Page fifteen looks like Ashkray took a giant white-out marker to it.

@repetitiveepic: Would it kill you to combine all your points into one post? There's a multi-quote button.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Read through the first 15 pages or so, and I find it funny how the forum mods seem to take more action than the GMs. Page fifteen looks like Ashkray took a giant white-out marker to it.

@repetitiveepic: Would it kill you to combine all your points into one post? There's a multi-quote button.

Technically it was plum tyvm :P (though it looks pink lol)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alrighty then, since we're playing the age card, I turned 52 last month.

- The new ESD, while nicer looking, is just window dressing. Meh. A new coat of paint on a jalopy does not magically turn it into a Ferrari. There is more to a Ferrari than two coats of Cino Rossi.
    - I have no objections to people RPing. I RP. While I am not a zealot about it, I do enjoy it.
    - Some people playing STO don't like RP. Just like some people don't like playing Klink.
    - I usually do not, as a rule, use Disco Balls around people I don't know or in public areas. I highly resent any implication to the contrary. Regardless of how oblique it may be.
    - As I stated in previous posts, there are more than enough ways to RP without drawing attention. While I'd like a better policing of the game, I can see where such would be problematic at best and downright aggravating at worst.
    - I dislike people demanding I play this game a certain way in a certain manner when they ARE NOT affiliated or employed by pwe/cryptic. Reason? Because I do not do so repeatedly in public. For me to make these sorts of peremptory demands upon complete strangers would be rude and ill mannered. It also smells very strongly of disrespect for those whose viewpoint differs from mine. I make a reasonable effort to follow the game ToS. While I am hopeful others will do so as well, I am not naive enough to expect this to be the case all of the time. Nor do I expect someone from pwe/cryptic to come running ASAP because Little Billy is using bad words on the playground.

I am looking forward to the new ESD somewhat. I do go there from time to time. I do not expect others to bow before me when I do so because I have played the game longer than they have or because I have been a Star Trek fan longer than they have or because I am more important than they are.

There are a great many things about STO I dislike. There are a great many people playing STO whose actions are not what I think they should be. Whenever either of these occur, I check my Man Card. Then, I either ignore it or move to someplace else. When I cannot do so, I simply ignore whatever it is. Without drama or hysterics or teeth gnashing. When the trolls fail to get a reaction, they get bored and move on.

Yes, it really is this simple, people.

^^^^^ This. A thousand times this. Do your own thing and ignore those YOU consider to be trolls. The man is right. It really is that simple.
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The game has GMs?

I've been playing since the F2P launch and I've never even heard stories of GM's showing up in game.
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    foundrelic wrote: »
    The game has GMs?

I've been playing since the F2P launch and I've never even heard stories of GM's showing up in game.

For a while there was a GM hosting hide-and-seek games on various maps with prizes (nothing great). She eventually had to stop and I haven't seen or even heard a GM since.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For a while there was a GM hosting hide-and-seek games on various maps with prizes (nothing great). She eventually had to stop and I haven't seen or even heard a GM since.

I remember that too. Never heard about GM since then either.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    GM or CM? Was it Wishstone?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alrighty then, since we're playing the age card, I turned 52 last month.

- The new ESD, while nicer looking, is just window dressing. Meh. A new coat of paint on a jalopy does not magically turn it into a Ferrari. There is more to a Ferrari than two coats of Cino Rossi.
    - I have no objections to people RPing. I RP. While I am not a zealot about it, I do enjoy it.
    - Some people playing STO don't like RP. Just like some people don't like playing Klink.
    - I usually do not, as a rule, use Disco Balls around people I don't know or in public areas. I highly resent any implication to the contrary. Regardless of how oblique it may be.
    - As I stated in previous posts, there are more than enough ways to RP without drawing attention. While I'd like a better policing of the game, I can see where such would be problematic at best and downright aggravating at worst.
    - I dislike people demanding I play this game a certain way in a certain manner when they ARE NOT affiliated or employed by pwe/cryptic. Reason? Because I do not do so repeatedly in public. For me to make these sorts of peremptory demands upon complete strangers would be rude and ill mannered. It also smells very strongly of disrespect for those whose viewpoint differs from mine. I make a reasonable effort to follow the game ToS. While I am hopeful others will do so as well, I am not naive enough to expect this to be the case all of the time. Nor do I expect someone from pwe/cryptic to come running ASAP because Little Billy is using bad words on the playground.

I am looking forward to the new ESD somewhat. I do go there from time to time. I do not expect others to bow before me when I do so because I have played the game longer than they have or because I have been a Star Trek fan longer than they have or because I am more important than they are.

There are a great many things about STO I dislike. There are a great many people playing STO whose actions are not what I think they should be. Whenever either of these occur, I check my Man Card. Then, I either ignore it or move to someplace else. When I cannot do so, I simply ignore whatever it is. Without drama or hysterics or teeth gnashing. When the trolls fail to get a reaction, they get bored and move on.

Yes, it really is this simple, people.

Bold font QFT. Some would have the roleplaying community move their operations off of social zones, or endure intentional trolling. In a way, that is demanding others to play on their terms. Which, might I add, is downright arrogant.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The new ESD is so big, its huge. I'm sure it can accomodate a few rolplayers and discoballs in the same space.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some people must have had some truly horrible experiences. I have never found the chats there to be any worse than the forums. Certainly nothing that has gotten me as worked up as the OP.

Also, I haven't read the full thread yet. Have the disco balls been called as bad as molestation again yet?
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some people must have had some truly horrible experiences. I have never found the chats there to be any worse than the forums. Certainly nothing that has gotten me as worked up as the OP.

Also, I haven't read the full thread yet. Have the disco balls been called as bad as molestation again yet?

Everyone is different and we all come with different tolerances. For some, certain topics are absolutely forbidden, but those same topics could be easily ignored by others.