Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    roadghost wrote: »
    They are in a data center in Boston. So the hardware issue could be their's, or it could be upstream with the data center's equipment that provides their connectivity.

Again... how could it be upstream if Tribble is still up and running?
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    I discovered that I have HBO.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    since i would rather not read 50+ new pages, Anything new happen? or is Q still TRIBBLE with us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6k9tpzF38I

Yup, that's Q alright, nobody screws better
  • Options
    ravioliloverraviolilover Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    you need to go to perfect world, then your account after signing in,then character transfer to copy tribble to your account.
    good luck though, arcs been blocking everyone from getting into the site.
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014

there life outside of sto?
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I hear there's a special deodorant for that now. :P
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    plb1982 wrote: »
    That's like working at a pizza place that lets you have one for free to take home at the end of your shift, and then telling a paying customer who complains about finding a roach on his pizza "bah, it's free, why should it be perfect?"

Nothing can ever be perfect. However, this game is online 95%(maybe more) of the time, and on a day when they are having some kind of technical problems, people act like they have been slapped in the face. There is simply no limit to the sense of entitlement some people have.
  • Options
    uppercaseplzuppercaseplz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    devtracker wrote: »
    Nothing can ever be perfect. However, this game is online 95%(maybe more) of the time, and on a day when they are having some kind of technical problems, people act like they have been slapped in the face. There is simply no limit to the sense of entitlement some people have.

Please insert that into the opening post of this thread.
    The Borg have it all wrong. Resistance is not futile. Resistance is electromotive force over current. Hasn't the Borg Queen ever heard of Ohm's frickin' Law?
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Because of the tech tech and...quantum. Plus Tribble is shielded from interferometric particles.
  • Options
    eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014

+1 Endorsement
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nothing can ever be perfect.

Yeah, it's not like we're living in a Perfect World... O wait, we do! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    tuxisiustuxisius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    remianen wrote: »
    Name one. You are the only author I've seen who can produce a combat-free diplomacy mission that provokes thought without needing pew-pew. In user generated content (in most of its MMO forms), combat is used as a glue to hold things together. Without it, many authors seem lost on how to move a story forward and/or how to keep it from falling apart at the seams. I've played Return to Terra Nova at least 300 times across four characters, once alternating between it and Delta Volanis exploration missions going from Consul to Ambassador (before the Doff system). Never got bored with it and it always amazed me how well done it was. I also like the anti-speed run elements you have in it. :)

"Excitedly writes down name for later":)
  • Options
    korunlonkorunlon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All of Arc games show servers are still down at 21:10 EST.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Lol and it goes from it being a free game... to people feeling entitled.

Guess what this is capitalism we have every right to feel entitled.

Not that it's even a matter of entitlement 3rd time in under a year the same network problem... once is forgiveable, twice pitiable but three times... lol.

They never learn. Neither does the CDF it is seems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any update from the devs on a eta?
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not like we're living in a Perfect World... O wait, we do! :P

We used to. Then the Perfectworld flooded and we all escaped on the ARC.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    remianen wrote: »
    I've played Return to Terra Nova at least 300 times across four characters, once alternating between it and Delta Volanis exploration missions going from Consul to Ambassador (before the Doff system). Never got bored with it and it always amazed me how well done it was. I also like the anti-speed run elements you have in it. :)

OMG. That was my first mission. I'm sort of embarrassed by it now. Especially the lack of a sequel. I think I removed the speed run elements, but forgot to remove a reference to it.

It's insane to know that somebody out there is playing my stuff. I get one or two reviews a day on my non-spotlight missions, such as that one. Thank you for the patronage. I'm sorry Foundry weekend is what it is, so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    s0n0flib3rtys0n0flib3rty Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looks like STO wont be on for awhile looks like its back to good old conter strike.
  • Options
    eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lol and it goes from it being a free game... to people feeling entitled.

Not that it's even a matter of entitlement 3rd time in under a year the same network problem... once is forgiveable, twice pitiable but three times... lol.

They never learn. Neither does the CDF it is seems.

How dare they have a hardware failure! I mean I know for a fact you've never made three mistakes in your life. If you had you should be fired and no one should ever hire you again. You'd have to be some sorta disgusting hypocrite.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I don't disagree with any of that; those are reasonable, sound points.

I just didn't think the "don't complain, it's free" was a sound point.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I've been fighting for six plus months to get STO working for me enough to be able to get in game and finally my persistence (and a fair upload of pics) got them to give me the teaks that let the game partially function for the last 2 days. 2 DAYS! out of six months of brain wreck. So don't tell me about entitlement, I just want to be able to do what everyone else can, when they can do it.
  • Options
    shawnawhitewolfshawnawhitewolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    at this rate be back on till Monday their:D LOSS
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Depends on the environment. I have no clue how they configure their infrastructure, but having tribble on a separate domain/subnet, wouldn't be out of the norm. Since when you want to use tribble you have to transition a character over to it. It seems likely that it is using a different database server as well as different instance servers. So my guess (and it is just a guess) is that they have a production domain for holodeck and other pwe games and a test domain for tribble/redshirt and the like servers from other games if there are any. And those domains are segregated from eachother upstream.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »
    Any update from the devs on a eta?

"between afternoon and evening" :/
  • Options
    k0rsak0fk0rsak0f Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If a person wants to be extreme and/or argumentative, even that isnt truly "free". How did that person get there? If he drove, the gas cost money. Even if he didnt drive, who owns the land? The land has a monetary value, and everything on the land is included in that ownership. There is simply no extreme you cannot go to to say something isnt truly "free".

Of course, my earlier comments are simple and have a simple meaning. It costs nothing for me to play this game, therefore it is free to me. So yeah :D

i like you already.
    but.
    the sun comes up for free. the sun burns for free. the air you breath is free.
    so there is a free except not in the way that dude wanted it.
  • Options
    uppercaseplzuppercaseplz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Please explain where:
    a) This is capitalism
    b) You have every right to feel entitled

I'm curious to know where you get these two concepts.
    The Borg have it all wrong. Resistance is not futile. Resistance is electromotive force over current. Hasn't the Borg Queen ever heard of Ohm's frickin' Law?
  • Options
    synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    korunlon wrote: »
    All of Arc games show servers are still down at 21:10 EST.

i tried telling every one it was ARC's fault but nooo no body listens lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    seimajseimaj Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I FIGURED OUT WHAT IS WRONG!!!!! They allowed mac's to play........ HAHAHAHAHA I hate apple :P sorry sorry :) just playing lol
  • Options
    ryzingmystryzingmyst Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please explain where:
    a) This is capitalism
    b) You have every right to feel entitled

I'm curious to know where you get these two concepts.

I believe those concepts are taught in terrorist training school:P
  • Options
    roujin346roujin346 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can't log in and have tried several times. I'm in NYC, is this anywhere else?
This discussion has been closed.