Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So noobish question, how do you gain a rank on the forums :P

Oh post here and there and everywhere... while not ticking off any forum mods. Sounds like rubbing your belly with one hand and TRIBBLE on a lightbulb with the other you say? Try it standing on one leg and typing with 2 fingers while whistling "She'll be coming round three mountains when she comes..." :D
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vonriktor wrote: »
    Per twitter
    Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame · 6m
    @shamrockduck We're looking at what seems like a hardware issue.

Well that's it then, we are doomed!!!! Good luck replacing hardware without the need to reinstall new drivers and all other problems that usually comes with it.
  • Options
    hygtkilo98hygtkilo98 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lockbox Server:D
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The babe with the power

Great Maker! Why are we talking about babes!?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Per twitter
    Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame · 6m
    @shamrockduck We're looking at what seems like a hardware issue.

From what it's looking like it's a networking hardware issue and that's confirmed.
    Confirmed. Networking hardware issues
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You remind me of the babe

What babe?
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    thewolfsterthewolfster Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Free would engender that *any* item you get in game was not originally purchased with real-world money.

And that of course is not true, when you trade for ZEN it is paid for by design... just because you didn't pay for it does not mean there was not a real world monetary transaction that took place.

If the game was "truly free" it would have gone bust by now because shinnies and boxes are the only thing that keep the game ticking over... it certainly ain't the story content :D

People equate free to 'not having exchanged currency for' - not considering the exchange of time and effort. So considering something free in this sense means you value your own time at nothing.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for the inconvenience they should make JH fighter hangars available to all Jemnaught owners, without having to buy a bug
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    eldritchdrakeeldritchdrake Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Great Maker! Why are we talking about babes!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvyNOg4jSRg
  • Options
    yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The babe with the power

this power?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VauzhTAuoFw
  • Options
    anticlonusanticlonus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    People equate free to 'not having exchanged currency for' - not considering the exchange of time and effort. So considering something free in this sense means you value your own time at nothing.

even in this case, SOMEONE at some point in time bought that key. You paid for it in time and effort. PWE gets something out of you.
  • Options
    alanburchalanburch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Thank you for the compliment. There are lots of better authors out there. Please check out the Purity series. There are so many great authors out there, but unfortunately, you usually have to know what to custom search for since the UI is terrible and the lists are mostly 50% shooting shieldless ships in a barrel for trash ECs.

Wish there was a way to better communicate the "Authors Pick of the Week" or something like that -- You know?
  • Options
    vonriktorvonriktor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    From what it's looking like it's a networking hardware issue and that's confirmed.

I bet you cant just get one of those at Best Buy....
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Have the servers really been down for seven hours? I did log on briefly this morning EST to check on doff assignments but have been gone all day.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The babe with the power

Power of voodoo?
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Free would engender that *any* item you get in game was not originally purchased with real-world money.

And that of course is not true, when you trade for ZEN it is paid for by design... just because you didn't pay for it does not mean there was not a real world monetary transaction that took place.

If the game was "truly free" it would have gone bust by now because shinnies and boxes are the only thing that keep the game ticking over... it certainly ain't the story content :D

It is free in the same sense that the gifts you get for Christmas are free to YOU. You didnt pay for them, someone else did. In fact, that is the only way anything can ever be free, since everything you dont pay for cost someone else something at some point.
  • Options
    oneajoneaj Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    how long as it been down now
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Power of voodoo?

dance magic dance
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Lol yeah I actually said that in my response :D...

Also as I said about 2 hours ago it's a networking issue it's happened 2 time before... and Cryptic as ever haven't learned, or at least the goons on the East Coast haven't learned. Redundancy... backups... fail safes... these things seem to be non-existant in PWE land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    duxbellorum1duxbellorum1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Oh post here and there and everywhere... while not ticking off any forum mods. Sounds like rubbing your belly with one hand and TRIBBLE on a lightbulb with the other you say? Try it standing on one leg and typing with 2 fingers while whistling "She'll be coming round three mountains when she comes..." :D

Aah thank you, I'm going to try that one!
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    # who let the pakled into the server room?
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The babe with the power

What power?
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Software is easy, hardware is well... hard :/
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Did someone really post that reactionary stuff in the dev tracker? Off to see...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    At least people still are willing to tell jokes.. thats good. Good luck xD.
  • Options
    resandiseresandise Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well that's it then, we are doomed!!!! Good luck replacing hardware without the need to reinstall new drivers and all other problems that usually comes with it.

Network Hardware does not only mean Network Interface Cards (NICs) that requires drivers. It also means Switches, Routers, Firewalls, APA's, Hubs, DS's and ISP equipment, all of which does not need drivers.
  • Options
    gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    What power?

The power of voodoo
  • Options
    k0rsak0fk0rsak0f Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    devtracker wrote: »
    It is free in the same sense that the gifts you get for Christmas are free to YOU. You didnt pay for them, someone else did. In fact, that is the only way anything can ever be free, since everything you dont pay for cost someone else something at some point.

wel. if i want to be a TRIBBLE i would just say.. if you get something that someone made from stuff he / she found in the woods like a branch of a tree.. it did not cost him or someone else something provided that where he found it has never bin touched by human hands.
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I bet you cant just get one of those at Best Buy....

nah but I bet a few of us have 24 port gigabit switches setting around they could use right now.

come on, lets get the party started. this is getting serious we are going to have to spend time with the family soon and children and such and you know where that will lead, quality time and all that stuff.
This discussion has been closed.