What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arcgames.com is Ready for your Feedback

Comments

• Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In other words, he wants them to outwardly admit that it's actually for the Illuminati or something.

nah, we all know section 31 is behind it anyway........

really though, they are NEVER going to outright admit it if ARC datamines personal information, so that FAQ is useless for that information because if it did, they would never say it did.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's subject to debate. He insists he doesn't, but his over-the-top manic level of unconcealed ARC-worship strongly suggests "hired shill" as a possibility.

Actually, he PMed me the other day and said that he actually hates ARC, he's just trying to make fun of it. Or something.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Actually, he PMed me the other day and said that he actually hates ARC, he's just trying to make fun of it. Or something.

I was hoping to sound like a doofus so that there was more opposition (neither here nor there on it, but I have limited internet here)... but I guess that won't work.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was hoping to sound like a doofus so that there was more opposition (neither here nor there on it, but I have limited internet here)... but I guess that won't work.

Yeah, trying reverse psychology like that tends to have bad effects.

Just be honest. That's the best way, with devs.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Which is why i said TRUTHFULLY.......
    If you're going to refuse to believe what they say, then no answer will ever be good enough to satisfy you. Give up.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Which is why i said TRUTHFULLY.......

Until proven otherwise we should take the info at face value. If you are saying they are not telling the truth then the onus is on you to prove the allegation not them to disprove it.

I am not a fan of this in the general sense, you will see that if you read my posts, however even I will not go so fr as to say they are blatantly misleading us.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We are the Cryptic. Lower your firewall and surrender your PC. We will add your cat videos and pictures of grandma to our own. Your hard drive will adapt to service Arc. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    We are the Cryptic. Lower your firewall and surrender your PC. We will add your cat videos and pictures of grandma to our own. Your hard drive will adapt to service Arc. Resistance is futile.

They should change the thread title to Arcgames.com is NOT ready for your feedback....and never will be
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    They should change the thread title to Arcgames.com is NOT ready for your feedback....and never will be

Why are you telling me that? I can't change the thread title. I don't work for anybody. :confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Why are you telling me that? I can't change the thread title. I don't work for anybody. :confused:

I was quoting you because it is a good point, they really do not care about feedback and want us to just deal it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I was quoting you because it is a good point, they really do not care about feedback and want us to just deal it.
    Available data indicate that they are interested in feedback on how Arc works, presumably so that it can be made to work better.

What they are not interested in is someone to dictate corporate policy to them while claiming it's "feedback" - telling them not to embark upon a course that was decided on a year or so ago, for instance. And announced well in advance. You might as well be standing on the foredeck of the Titanic, seeing an iceberg looming in the distance, and sending frantic telegrams to White Star Lines telling them not to send the ship through the North Atlantic. It's a little late now. Perhaps if you were sending your feedback to the captain, advising him of how to steer in order to avoid sinking...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    pardusian141pardusian141 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is terrible...

The new arc website is actually SLOWER then the previous website was! Also the only comment I've seen that was stated to be considered for "presentation to the 'board'" was the first one about "how good this change was."

For me this is an eyesore....its clunky...its slow....the colors are not a good contrast....

need I go on? AT least the other website felt like Star Trek and not some half-rated game client...
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is terrible...

The new arc website is actually SLOWER then the previous website was! Also the only comment I've seen that was stated to be considered for "presentation to the 'board'" was the first one about "how good this change was."

For me this is an eyesore....its clunky...its slow....the colors are not a good contrast....

need I go on? AT least the other website felt like Star Trek and not some half-rated game client...

See my signature for Forum and STO home page style fix ups. You might like them.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I just added a prepaid zen card through the Arc client. I then clicked on Purchase History on the left side under My Wallet after transferring the zen to see if it registered properly. A window popped up saying that STO had moved and redirected after a few seconds to the purchase zen page.

I noticed when you click on Zen at the top in Arc and are on the purchse Zen page with all the various amounts, at the top right under my username is a Purchase History button. This takes me to the correct purchase history page.

So it seems, at least for prepaid cards, the UI isn't fully switched over since it looks like the old UI for the PWE website when you get to the page to put in the key code and checkout.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Oh. LoL. Well this thread is looking for feedback on how Arc functions and whatnot. They aren't asking us whether we want it or not.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    unikon wrote: »
    More website issues:

- The website articles lack dates. With the way its laid out, its hard to tell which one is newer unless the title is numbered with Dev Blog #XX.

I have to physically check the forums now to see new posts as trying to navigate the webpage is a tedious task and so confusing I miss our old page which also remembered my login details which this one doesnt
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    I have to physically check the forums now to see new posts as trying to navigate the webpage is a tedious task and so confusing I miss our old page which also remembered my login details which this one doesnt

Having had the same issues you are, I eased the pain somewhat and did something about it. See HERE
    Screenshot

Hope it helps.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Seriously? Are you telling me a grown man/woman cannot simply navigate from http://www.arcgames.com/en/ to http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online without difficulty? It is 2 clicks: One click on Star Trek Online and another click on News within the STO site. Heck, you can even save the News section as your Favorite and it will always go there.

From News it is just standard read from left to right, top to bottom. The site is set-up to be Tablet friendly: scrolling and rolling. The top line is direct announcements and videos, every line under that is simply updates in order of which they came out. Plus you can just go into Guides and see all Season 8 Dev Blogs, Seasons 7 Dev Blogs, etc.

This isn't rocket science.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    kirshkidivarkirshkidivar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh. LoL. Well this thread is looking for feedback on how Arc functions and whatnot. They aren't asking us whether we want it or not.

This is just a place for people to post to hopefully thin down the flood of posts elsewhere. I mean, the customer service is nearly nonexistant for legitimate problems - why would you think they care what we think about anything else? They're going to do what they want, and glaring bugs that have been here since Arc launch are still here.

That being said, in my opinion, as someone on the first page said - I do not want. It's causing nothing but problems, and because of the issues with even getting zen correctly attributed to the account that bought it, I'm not going to use it. Ever. If it becomes mandatory to even log into STO (thankfully at this point, it is not), then I will quit STO, regardless of the hundreds (possibly over thousands) that I've spent, without hesitation.

Cryptic, you moved yourself once. NW is doing phenomenal, and with work Champions could rise above what it is. STO is doing fairly well. Get out from this mess before you TRIBBLE yourself in the long run.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShJ80bgxVwA

Arc was partially created cause a developer was too lazy to log in and log out of games.

That's the worst feature IMHO. If one application can store the credentials, another can hijack them. If a BUNCH of games are "convenient and easy to use" through a single application, then there's increase incentive for malware writers to target that single application.

Why hack each game individually when you can hack a dozen at the same time?
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShJ80bgxVwA

Arc was partially created cause a developer was too lazy to log in and log out of games.

"I'm a fan of things that are convenient, and easy to use, and are super accessible."
    Hey man, we call it Steam. Welcome to the world of PC gaming.
    All of my friends are already on my Steam, they see all of my games not just PWE games, they get all of my screenshots etc. Steam handles game updates, installs, moving, streaming to TV etc.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    "I'm a fan of things that are convenient, and easy to use, and are super accessible."
    Hey man, we call it Steam. Welcome to the world of PC gaming.
    All of my friends are already on my Steam, they see all of my games not just PWE games, they get all of my screenshots etc. Steam handles game updates, installs, moving, streaming to TV etc.
    But can it see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch? :D
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    But can it see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch? :D

Ha, had to google that. We call it something different. Sadly, even Steam is at a loss on that one, though I do remember loving them as a kid too. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Arc is incapable of noticing that I've got STO installed.

I've got STO installed in "C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios" and its been there since 2011/2012. Later when Neverwinter was released I installed it there as well. So the Cryptic Studios folder has STO and NW in it as sub-folders. The root folder (Cryptic Studios) has the launchers/patchers for both games and that's how I played for ages.

Then I tried Arc when the Kahn tuniform thing came out and things went sideways. Arc could see that I had Neverwinter installed and hooked up appropriately to it. When it came to STO however, the client didn't do the same thing. As far as the Arc Client was concerned, the only game I had installed was Neverwinter.

The Patcher/Launcher for STO was in the same place as the Patcher/Launcher for Neverwinter and both games had their own sub-folders within the same directory and the registry is still correct as far as I know. So to me the fact that Arc could not see that I had STO installed despite it being right there bothered me. I can still patch the game and play it with the taskbar shortcut I have on hand, but Arc still thinks I don't have it installed and I had to add it manually to the games list which still doesn't make the client see it as installed (it has an 'install' button on STO's arc page in-client).

Is there a fix for this?
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First off, whatever bug prevented me from patching fully through the normal launcher without arc active worked and I was able to patch with no difficulty. Thank you.

But it still crashed as soon as it got to the Cryptic screen. This thing is in beta. I've tested it. It doesn't have any features that I particularly want or need. It is going to be the de facto non-Steam launched one day, That's fine. But while it's still in beta I would appreciate being able to log in without Arc being active. Until it is finished.

Thank you, sparkiesoft. I think players were feeling like their feedback wasn't getting through. You helped make things clear. Unfortunately, there will still be people who don't want Arc and they'll still post about it and some will still feel like their feedback isn't getting through. But once Arc DOES come along as the replacement for the standard launchers, players will think it was a good change.

I think that players have an expectation Arc will be perfect right away. Arc is already pretty darn good. It needs bug fixes and the website is a little... hard to navigate through. Also, stuff like Arc, Steam, and Origin use up A LOT of gigabytes for players with limited internet, will there be any way to bypass this?
    It has a big fat BETA on the front page when you turn it on. Nobody here expects it to be perfect. We expect that when they ask us for feedback the people saying we don't want it aside, they don't seem to be implementing or acknowledging the actual feedback and improvements we've suggested. People don't like the website layout. It's a case of fixing the wheel. The original PWE site is superior. It's simpler and more rational. If the first visual cue of a website is clutter, you're doing it wrong.

Punctuation is very important. But about your point, when Cryptic went to PWE, players didn't like it but now players say it was a good move.
    I have never once heard that said anywhere ever. :confused:
    Hi guys.

After missing out on news because the RSS doesn't work and there's no new one to replace it afaik, I thought I'd make the STO Arc home page abomination easier to read.

http://userstyles.org/styles/98846/sto-home-page-rework
    Use this with the Firefox or Chrome "Stylish" plugin. Links for it can be found HERE

Screenshot HERE

Main thing was to make it easier to see whats new.
    Only works on the home/"news" page.

Hope some of you find it handy too.

And here we have illustration of what I was saying. Simple and effective. Though I disagree, I like the carousel of recent posts, it makes the page look alive. I also appreciate them posting the release notes to the site that's good. The current lay out is just too much.

Streamlining is the word.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    doctordnadoctordna Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ARC is a nasty program indeed. I can't see anything positive about it. As of today March 8th, I cannot launch "War of the Immortals" (which existed on my HD a long time) with the error message:

Install Arc Yes/No

Sadly this won't be long before the Arc virus launcher gets to STO. Now I see that they even insist on calling it "Arc Games" and redirecting browsers. I still operate Neverwinter, STO and CO without Arc. I believe there must be someone with brains working at Cryptic. I have now uninstalled "War of the Immortals". How many will have to come to a resounding crash before they realize what an unpopular move this installer has become?

They asked us for an opinion and I have not seen anything positive about Arc in this thread.
  • Options
    borg7of10borg7of10 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The ARC Client is complete GARBAGE! causes the game client to become Hung and unresponsive
    it has more then enough Security Flaws for a Hacker to easily Hack and then take control of a players game account So i say TRIBBLE ARC i will Only be using it for Patch updates and Not to run the game if i want to run the game I'll go into my game folder and launch it from the Exe.File!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maratha7maratha7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hello i have a problem with loggin. I am asked to insert machine code or one.time code. But i am still on the same computer i dont change it. When i insert the One-Time code i get to the game but dont get back my character list. How can i get back my chracters or are they lost? Could anybody help pls?
    And sorry for my bad english im from czech.
This discussion has been closed.