Options

Arcgames.com is Ready for your Feedback

1666768697072»

Comments

• Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dunmovyn wrote: »
    Star Citizen is looking better and better all the time.

They listen to the players input.

They fix their bugs.

They don't force spyware launchers on their customers.

Yes, it does cost to buy the game, but it costs to play sto too.

I like star trek, but I can get into a new space game.

I used to subscribe to STO, on a monthly basis. Thought I should pay a little to play as nothing is free. But then you told me I would be forced to use ARC, so I went FTP to watch and see what would truely happen.

I don't like grinding. The game is getting worse and worse for that.

You hold a carrot out there, (level to 60, get all skill points, and you'll get dil ore for skill points rewards one day). Then when we get close to reaching it you change the rules. Lucy pulling the ball on Charlie Brown in a cartoon was funny. This ain't funny.

Do you know what you want to do with the game, other than make money? A product has to serve a purpose, supply a need. Entertainment. You think all these petty changes in mid stream are making us happy? Or mad? You read any positive letters in this thread about ARC? I didn't.

It'd be nice to see a game addition just once, where you offer new things, make a promise , and KEEP IT.

And you wonder why people are wary of ARC? Because no one TRUSTS you to do what you say you will. Why should we? Why should I spend 125$ to buy your DR pack, (especially prior to launch of DR) when I know you will change the effectiveness of the ships or weapons included, eventually.

I see though your management is knot-headed. You will implement this change, and when you do, I will find something else to entertain me. And it will be sad.

different game mecahnics... in star citizen you have to aim. plus most of us love star trek more than space mmos :P
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    akpa wrote: »
    different game mecahnics... in star citizen you have to aim. plus most of us love star trek more than space mmos :P

apart from that everything in his post was true though
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I don't mind that they have different promotions for different regions of the world. It's a normal business practice.

But any marketer worth his keep would tell you to restrict those special promotions to regional IP and location identification. We do it all the time in software sales. I sell something for 29.99 USD here, while selling it for 42.39 Euros elsewhere. We don't have marketing issues because we screen the user.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More unwanted spam in my inbox today.

Advertising - again - an event which is already clearly displayed in the launcher for crying out loud. This is not just annoying, it is pointless and annoying. You should just stop doing it.

If nothing else, we need a "flag as spam" tool for inbox messages, because presumably at some point spammers other than PWE's marketing team will cotton on to the idea, and our ARC inboxes will start filling up with gold selling rubbish.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More unwanted and unnecessary PM spam today. ("But it's for charideeee!" I can imagine them whining. "How can you be so mean and heartless as to dislike our spam mail when it's for charideeeeeeeee?!" Just watch me, buster.)

Yes, yes, I realize that there is very little chance the powers-that-be will take notice of my complaints and end their evil spamming ways. On the other hand, not complaining absolutely guarantees they won't take any notice of me, doesn't it? Expect more complaints as each fresh objectionable spam missive arrives. I will endeavour to be entertaining, or at least more entertaining than the spam.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This seems to be the general consensus of the thread at the moment
    Cryptic, you seem to be fine with running the risk of loseing the franchise. We all know the poll for the delta expansion was fake when the voth came from there before the poll even came out.

Where else could the game possibly go next.
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This seems to be the general consensus of the thread at the moment
    Cryptic, you seem to be fine with running the risk of loseing the franchise. We all know the poll for the delta expansion was fake when the voth came from there before the poll even came out.

Where else could the game possibly go next.
    The Poll was in July of 2013 with the State of the Game. The first Voth came in November of 2013 with Season 8.

The Poll was not about the Voth, though. It was about where we wanted to take the game past Season 8 in the new Expansion: "Which Trek series' ships, characters, species, and stories, would you most like to see more of in a future STO Expansion?".

The Voth would have been in the Sphere even if we had voted for the Gamma Quadrant, because the Voth, initially, had nothing to do with us going into the DQ. The Voth were simply part of a new Season and had nothing to do with the Expansion. All the dots were connected after Voyager won the Poll.

We were told the game was going to Level 60 at Season 9 back in November of 2012 in an Ask Cryptic, so it was obvious that was what the next Expansion would be doing. We just did not know if that was going to be in the DQ or somewhere else.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The Poll was in July of 2013 with the State of the Game. The first Voth came in November of 2013 with Season 8.

The Poll was not about the Voth, though. It was about where we wanted to take the game past Season 8 in the new Expansion: "Which Trek series' ships, characters, species, and stories, would you most like to see more of in a future STO Expansion?".

The Voth would have been in the Sphere even if we had voted for the Gamma Quadrant, because the Voth, initially, had nothing to do with us going into the DQ. The Voth were simply part of a new Season and had nothing to do with the Expansion. All the dots were connected after Voyager won the Poll.

We were told the game was going to Level 60 at Season 9 back in November of 2012 in an Ask Cryptic, so it was obvious that was what the next Expansion would be doing. We just did not know if that was going to be in the DQ or somewhere else.

in ask cryptic we were told that there will be no t6 ships... so i guess is a good thing that ask cryptic isnt around anymore!

i don't know about the poll for the expansion, but in my first day i was very enthusiastic 'cuz i loved the first missions. the talaxian asteroid base and the mistery about the new borg killers, but now i see a lot of patrol mission and i'm not very pleased with them...
    i liked that i couldn't do the hive from the first time and i had to work for my succes, that in CCA i had to focus on the shards and now they had to nerfed them so hard that the old version of CCE was harder than the CCA... but overall i think this expansion is better than the LOR where they just **** on the science and engineer careers.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    akpa wrote: »
    in ask cryptic we were told that there will be no t6 ships... so i guess is a good thing that ask cryptic isnt around anymore!
    Ask Cryptic, March 2011:
    NightWatcher - Q: Any word on when the Tier 6 ships will be released?

A: T6 ships are intended to be flown by Fleet Admirals and will become available when we up the level cap to this rank. No firm ETA on this but my best guess is that it is somewhere between Season 5 and Season 6.

The level cap increase information was changed to "Season 9" in the Ask Cryptic November 2012 - as the company had been sold to new owners between those two posts and had gone through a long FTP transition which set their plans back from Season 5 or 6 to 9.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Ask Cryptic, March 2011:

The level cap increase information was changed to "Season 9" in the Ask Cryptic November 2012 - as the company had been sold to new owners between those two posts and had gone through a long FTP transition which set their plans back from Season 5 or 6 to 9.

oh, thank you for the info, i was wrong and i apologize.
  • Options
    vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feedback for arc, hmm, heres my feedback, take your arc program, upload it onto a cd, shine that cd up all nice and pretty, then bend over and shove it. No one wants it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.