Install Arc
Options

Arcgames.com is Ready for your Feedback

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Cat, your comparison fails because this isn't a restaurant. I'm having trouble coming up with an analogy that might involve food - perhaps ordering a hamburger, then complaining because it comes with a bun and you didn't say anything about buns? Or because it comes in a paper bag, and you never said you wanted a bag?

If you want to continue on the food analogy, it's more like complaining about the building that the burger is being sold out of. The burger (STO) isn't changing, but the building (Arc) is being remodeled.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What does Arc mean anyway? Is it an acronym? Is there some kind of reason that they selected that name? That just struck me like Morpheus asking, "What is the Matrix?". From PerfectWorld to Arc that doesn't add up to me. Why not call it Ring? Like a ring around a planet, around a "perfect world".
    fknights wrote: »
    I must admit that I'm somewhat ambivalent to the ARC client, it isn't radically offensive to my tastes but it is a little annoying when it pops up windows in the middle of my gaming-- even if I launch a game through it-- to tell me that it has an update available as though it were an urgent update.

My largest issue right now is the new website. I absolutely, positively do not like any aspect of it as it is; the website that we had before was much more well-organized and felt more like a website that is full of news and development notes-- I don't want to say it felt "alive," but that may be a fair comparison for it.

As it stands right now, the current website feels more like an impersonal sales pitch, pushing aside current players, important news, and information into a box that is not only harder to navigate, but often times requires me to click, expand, and re-click links over and over in order for it to load the actual news post.

I'm not going to throw up my arms, flail, and scream like a crazy muppet, but the current website feels like someone tried to fix something that was not actually broken.

I concur. The original Sto PWE website was just fine. The arc one is too busy. It doesn't draw my eye to the newest content it just scrolls without purpose and the information is arranged in an....odd manner. I can't think of another website that I frequent that has stories arranged in the same way you would arrange a paragraph left to right and then down. The internet is almost uniformly up to down or left to right.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do not like it, nearly all the images don't display in Chrome for me and so if I want to see them I have to open the site in another browser. I saw nothing wrong with the old version and don't support this ARC site at all.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    - new website awful
    - arc as a game launcher somewhat slow
    - the ferengi shuttle and lobi I like
    - the khan outfit I adore
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The new site is bad and you should feel bad.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    The new site is bad and you should feel bad.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/be/be307065bc79b710399355d7b73b99d4b75e1b2f38f7d6eb31c1f65b46500f3f.jpg

:P

You know it would be nice if WE received feedback on OUR feedback. "Oh hey putting a button over here would be really helpful, thank you for that idea [random forum user X], we'll pass that onto the guys writing the code."

As it stands now we get a "Yes we're listening, trust us" and then all feedback falls into a black hole and we don't hear anything back. It's a one way street and there are zero signs of improvement.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    :eek: you nearly have 1k posts

<
    Pfffffft! :P
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    catstarsto wrote: »
    Its not that simple, that leads to another bug...for me at least. When you click to an outfit that isnt in the uniform category. It starts it in the uniform category anyways and removes all the options not associated in that category even changing colors on the outfit you made. So I never could change an off duty outfit or formal outfit once made, because I would loose all progress. I stopped putting in bug reports because they never seemed to get through. Its a good part of my frustration with cryptic, its my favorite game (and ill remember cryptic in a positive light for making this awesome game!) but I feel ive been talking to the wind the last few years when trying to ask to get things fixed. GM's I gave up on too, I realize they are limited on their abilities to do things, they came across as being "Magic 8balls" that take longer to answer you. PWE...you know why, I posted it on Deviant Art, so the fans of my work know why I will no longer be entertaining them with STO stuff!

I submitted the costume thing to help Caitian users, as I considered Caitian players as digital brethren while in game and always stopped to say "hai" when ever I encountered one. Now that you publicly know about it, I know we can count on you to fix it. :D

Oh that bug. Yeah. Costume slots don't remember that your outfit is off duty/formal/M.A.C.O./Omega/etc., and when you go to modify it the dang slot is swapped to uniform automatically putting you in the very top shirt option and very top pants option. Sometimes the slots remember that it's NOT a uniform and sometimes it doesn't. Been this way at least since I started playing the game, Sept. 2012. :(

One would think that with the revamped tailor with LoR launch they would fix some of the long standing bugs but noooooo! Forever broken and we are forever alone working around this TRIBBLE. :mad:
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know it would be nice if WE received feedback on OUR feedback. "Oh hey putting a button over here would be really helpful, thank you for that idea [random forum user X], we'll pass that onto the guys writing the code."

As it stands now we get a "Yes we're listening, trust us" and then all feedback falls into a black hole and we don't hear anything back. It's a one way street and there are zero signs of improvement.

+1
    /signed
    I agree completely with the above sentiment.

I want to quote this every day. On every thread.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014

Well to be fair, they said they were "Ready for feedback", they didn't say they were going to listen to any of it. :D

But I agree 100%, a lot of the time when we're asked for feedback, it really does feel like we'd be as well to send it up in a smoke signal because it rarely seems to get any sort of response.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://www.quickmeme.com/img/be/be307065bc79b710399355d7b73b99d4b75e1b2f38f7d6eb31c1f65b46500f3f.jpg

:P

They never listen to feedback if they did we wouldnt be forced to have everything in ARC
    First new installs through the site need Arc
    then Forums change to this crappy colour.
    Then the site transfers to ARCgames.com
    Then the game will need arc to play for existing games
    Then finally Steam gamers will get shafted as well and need to use arc to play
    I'm not saying the game is doomed but if all the people who are against Arc leave and if there paying customers then the future won't look bright for PWE or this game not even with new gamers as a lot will not want to pay nevermind find the game on this tragic excuse for a website
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Here's some feedback: I'm pretty p*ssed how PWE sneakily removed the 'Charge Zen Now' option from the website, and forces you to use Arc instead.

Tip: ppl buying Zen are doing you a favor, PWE. P*ssing them off in the process may not work so well as an incentive as you might imagine.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Here's some feedback: I'm pretty p*ssed how PWE sneakily removed the 'Charge Zen Now' option from the website, and forces you to use Arc instead.

Tip: ppl buying Zen are doing you a favor, PWE. P*ssing them off in the process may not work so well as an incentive as you might imagine.

Yes, and not only would I agree, but my 1000th message had to be special and my final one until we can get our game back. As i said, i'm putting my paw down about this one...I'm not playing the game nor will I spend another cent on STO or Champs, until ARC is outta the way! Sure, you will have F2P accounts, but until you begin to give us a reason to spend money here, like maybe...IDK, something that would benefit US and that we would want to buy, sales will drop.

I hate having to resort to doing this, we have had a good buyer/seller relationship for a long time, but its for your own good in the long run. If you treat your customers right and give them incentive to buy (a product that suits them), the money and paying players will increase.. If not, then you will be stuck with a few buyers, and all F2Pers...it's your call, but if I where you I'd pay a bit more attention to the guy with the money to spend, we are the ones keeping your business running. I absolutely do not want this game to fail!!! STO is my chosen game, so give me a reason to come back, make your customers satisfaction your top priority and you will be surprised at what happens!

You have heard lots of feedback, some saying they will try to deal with it (thats pitiful!) but most dont want it! Thats not a good thing for a business to hear...marketing staff! We where happy with the way you had it, I infact had plans to buy up a bunch of zen myself once i got to using my new pc...what a disappointment, im not paying money to support ARC, why should I?

My sword is on the table gentlemen.....
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,406 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, if you're really quitting, can I haz your stuffz? Because the suits don't care whether you like it, Arc is coming. Remember, they believe in churn, not long-term. The devs here would prefer us to stay, so they want to make the transition as painless for us as possible - but they're powerless to stop it as well.

Your sword is on the table, but they're carrying M-4s.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    sparkiesoftsparkiesoft Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 47
    edited March 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    They never listen to feedback if they did we wouldnt be forced to have everything in ARC
    First new installs through the site need Arc
    then Forums change to this crappy colour.
    Then the site transfers to ARCgames.com
    Then the game will need arc to play for existing games
    Then finally Steam gamers will get shafted as well and need to use arc to play
    I'm not saying the game is doomed but if all the people who are against Arc leave and if there paying customers then the future won't look bright for PWE or this game not even with new gamers as a lot will not want to pay nevermind find the game on this tragic excuse for a website

All the feedback I've gotten from this thread has been sent off and discussed with the rest of the team, and I've even came back letting you guys know that some of the things will be implemented later and some are still being worked on. (Screenshots, the issue with game installs not properly loading up on Arc, etc)

As for forced Arc, I've already stated as well that the option to use Steam will still exist if the game is already on Steam. That means for STO, you can launch it from Steam without having to open Arc.

I'm not sure if I'm just not being clear enough and if so I'll work on that, but we are listening and we do have a lot of future plans for Arc; A lot of which has come directly from all of your feedback.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All the feedback I've gotten from this thread has been sent off and discussed with the rest of the team, and I've even came back letting you guys know that some of the things will be implemented later and some are still being worked on. (Screenshots, the issue with game installs not properly loading up on Arc, etc)

As for forced Arc, I've already stated as well that the option to use Steam will still exist if the game is already on Steam. That means for STO, you can launch it from Steam without having to open Arc.

I'm not sure if I'm just not being clear enough and if so I'll work on that, but we are listening and we do have a lot of future plans for Arc; A lot of which has come directly from all of your feedback.

I would apprciate an ETA on the ability to opt in and out of data gathering, as apparently required by the EU.
  • Options
    kingsporekingspore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, the only thing I don't like is how the option to buy 5 dollars worth of zen is gone on the main page. I just looked at it again and you have to click the mobile and prepaid card option to get to the old charge zen page and you can charge 5 dollars worth of zen there. Yesterday I was going to charge 5 dollars, but went to the arc page and noticed I couldn't so I didn't charge any zen. I much prefer to charge 5 dollars at a time instead of 10, and will probably buy more zen if I can do it in 5 dollar increments in the future.
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I think you've been abundantly clear on the matter. There's just the small matter of Cryptic/PWE saying one thing, and then moving ahead with something else, meanwhile keeping it's customer base utterly in the dark. History and all, you know?
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I think the problem is that we've been told that the Cryptic launcher is eventually going away. If that happens many of us can't think of any other way steam would launch STO besides some form of ARC. The official info we have seems to be contradicting itself. If there are no longer any plans to ever remove the Cryptic launcher let us know so we can put this to rest once and for all. If there are still plans to eventually remove the Cryptic launcher than your gonna have to let us know how we can continue to use Steam without arc in the future without a Cryptic launcher or this question will continue to be asked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you, sparkiesoft. I think players were feeling like their feedback wasn't getting through. You helped make things clear. Unfortunately, there will still be people who don't want Arc and they'll still post about it and some will still feel like their feedback isn't getting through. But once Arc DOES come along as the replacement for the standard launchers, players will think it was a good change.

I think that players have an expectation Arc will be perfect right away. Arc is already pretty darn good. It needs bug fixes and the website is a little... hard to navigate through. Also, stuff like Arc, Steam, and Origin use up A LOT of gigabytes for players with limited internet, will there be any way to bypass this?
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Really quite desperate now :P can you please let us know how we will patch and load STO via Steam without the current or Arc launchers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But once Arc DOES come along as the replacement for the standard launchers, players will think it was a good change.

I do believe you be wrong the only one still around will be people like you who work for the company and people dont care either way and the new players which will be limited as it is so hard to find the game and looks a really bad site. But the long standing members. Some gold subscribers and many lifers will leave if they remove the Cryptic launcher. I for one will think twice before downloading the game on Steam as I refuse to download arc. SO chances are I won't see the point and PWE will lose another paying customer to the new games coming out
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mav75mav75 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Should I buy Zen (unlikely at the moment) I would like to know HOW MUCH I AM BUYING!

Could you please add the amount of zen to the portal.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I do believe you be wrong the only one still around will be people like you who work for the company and people dont care either way and the new players which will be limited as it is so hard to find the game and looks a really bad site. But the long standing members. Some gold subscribers and many lifers will leave if they remove the Cryptic launcher. I for one will think twice before downloading the game on Steam as I refuse to download arc. SO chances are I won't see the point and PWE will lose another paying customer to the new games coming out

Punctuation is very important. But about your point, when Cryptic went to PWE, players didn't like it but now players say it was a good move.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I love this outlook. It's the outlook of a person who is more than determined to prove that the way a certain thing is set up means automatic failure.

It's like "I don't like how it looks, therefore no one will go for it and thus STO will fail and our theoretical awesome developer will save us and give us our canon Galaxys and T5 Connies."

Dude, give it up, even if the golds and lifers up and leave, others will come in.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I love this outlook. It's the outlook of a person who is more than determined to prove that the way a certain thing is set up means automatic failure.

It's like "I don't like how it looks, therefore no one will go for it and thus STO will fail and our theoretical awesome developer will save us and give us our canon Galaxys and T5 Connies."

Dude, give it up, even if the golds and lifers up and leave, others will come in.

People need to stop the outlook of "everything HAS to be perfect right away, and when Cryptic doesn't do it perfectly, it means they will never do it perfectly again". I agree with your point completely, I think that Arc will become a good thing once PWE has fixed it.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... But once Arc DOES come along as the replacement for the standard launchers, players will think it was a good change...

Sorry, but that statement isn't quite right. If I understand correctly we will always be able to play STO with Steam, even in the future. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    idrona wrote: »
    Sorry, but that statement isn't quite right. If I understand correctly we will always be able to play STO with Steam, even in the future. :)

That's why I said Standard. Standard = standalone launchers. :P
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    I don't suppose anyone has a guide on how to navigate the new website? There's lots of images and videos all over the place, but the first thing I want to see is the news, not marketing and promotion for a game I already own and play...
This discussion has been closed.