Install Arc
Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #55: Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought Stats

Comments

• Options
    captainkeatzcaptainkeatz Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah.

So I tweeted BranFlakes about the graphical issues with the Gal-X. He responded (within minutes even!) told me to tweet Smirk about it. Did so. Asked him if he wanted screens or would just check for himself. No response.

And I'll bet 1.000.000 EC that it won't ever be fixed either.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And since we, the players, are paying Cryptic, don't you think that, if to anyone, they should be explaining it to their, you know, paying customers?! Since we're the ones paying Cryptic, *we* get to decide whether we want to spend money on this.

And that, man-friend, is how the cookie crumbles.
    And no one is saying you do not get the right to decide what to do with your money. Cryptic is not demanding you buy their product. You, on the other hand, are demanding they justify their product to you. They are not required to cater to your demands. Put this example into any other walk of life:

You go into a smoothie shop and the special of the day is strawberry. You do not like strawberry and so demand they justify to you why the special is strawberry rather then blueberry - your favorite. To your mind the smoothie shop needs to justify why they put strawberry on sale. They do not. They can put whatever they want on sale.

Cryptic has put the Galaxy ships on sale via a bundle: buy them individually for over 6,000 Zen or buy them in a bundle for 4,000 Zen. You are demanding they change the product to meet your wants. They do not need to do that. You can buy the bundle and get the sale price or you can buy them individually for full price; or not buy any of them. Your choice.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah.

So I tweeted BranFlakes about the graphical issues with the Gal-X. He responded (within minutes even!) told me to tweet Smirk about it. Did so. Asked him if he wanted screens or would just check for himself. No response.

That's tragic. Like this has never been reported before. It has only been mentioned in like 100 threads over several years. I guess the rumours are true. Giving feedback is futile.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah.

I don't expect there to be any additional upgrades/changes to the Galaxy family. It will forever be remembered in the history of STO... as the Failaxy.

I weep for the STO dev team. They have such a HUGE cash cow that they can take advantage of... If nothing else the fiscal gain alone of making an actually DECENT and USABLE Galaxy should be more than enough incentive to do it. And if that's not enough, then imagine how much more the playerbase will LOVE them for it? And if even THAT isn't enough, imagine the salute it will give to TNG (which is probably the most disrespected out of all the Star Trek series in this game). That's three very good reasons to make one.

Cmon Cryptic, it ain't rocket science. If you want to make it all about gain, then I asked before, and I ask again.

If you make an actually GOOD Galaxy-Class ship, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE????

And the answer?

NOTHING! You have nothing to lose, and a TON to gain!!

How can they refuse to see this?
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

You go into a smoothie shop and the special of the day is strawberry. You do not like strawberry and so demand they justify to you why the special is strawberry rather then blueberry - your favorite. To your mind the smoothie shop needs to justify why they put strawberry on sale. They do not. They can put whatever they want on sale.

However, if I go into a smoothie shop every morning and ask whether they've put a mango smoothie on the menu, they can say no.

However, don't give me a peach smoothie and tell me its mango.

This isn't a reboot and the anniversary wasnt a player appreciation.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    However, if I go into a smoothie shop every morning and ask whether they've put a mango smoothie on the menu, they can say no.

However, don't give me a peach smoothie and tell me its mango.

This isn't a reboot and the anniversary wasnt a player appreciation.
    Expect that the Blog tells you exactly what they did: changed the free X, changed the Saucer Sep animation on R and added it for X, and added a potential Set Bonus for the R and X. If people did not read the Blog and understand that then that is on them. They did not give you a peach smoothie in place of mango. The specifically spelled out that it was peach. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Expect that the Blog tells you exactly what they did: changed the free X, changed the Saucer Sep animation on R and added it for X, and added a potential Set Bonus for the R and X. If people did not read the Blog and understand that then that is on them. They did not give you a peach smoothie in place of mango. The specifically spelled out that it was peach. :)

The whole whatsyourbeefwithhtegalaxy thread was asking for mango.

The reboot is peach.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

The reboot is peach.
    Well, I will simply tell you a life lesson I learned at the age of 5 from my parents: Saying "I want" is not the same thing as getting - nor should it be. :)

The fact that 50, 150, or 500 posters wanted something does not mean it is the right choice for the company. People find it hard to put their own needs aside. The "I wants" tend to rule the internet.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't expect there to be any additional upgrades/changes to the Galaxy family. It will forever be remembered in the history of STO... as the Failaxy.

I weep for the STO dev team. They have such a HUGE cash cow that they can take advantage of... If nothing else the fiscal gain alone of making an actually DECENT and USABLE Galaxy should be more than enough incentive to do it. And if that's not enough, then imagine how much more the playerbase will LOVE them for it? And if even THAT isn't enough, imagine the salute it will give to TNG (which is probably the most disrespected out of all the Star Trek series in this game). That's three very good reasons to make one.

Cmon Cryptic, it ain't rocket science. If you want to make it all about gain, then I asked before, and I ask again.

And the answer?

NOTHING! You have nothing to lose, and a TON to gain!!

How can they refuse to see this?

^^^ This!

I was waiting for them to apply a proper Reboot(tm) to the Gal-X to buy one. It's didn't even have to be OP, just... better...

EDIT: (Didn't make my point) ...it looks like I'll just stick with my Gal-R for my Galaxy fix. (Yes, I have ships with better specs and No, I don't want an Avenger.)
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well, I will simply tell you a life lesson I learned at the age of 5 from my parents: Saying "I want" is not the same thing as getting - nor should it be. :)

The fact that 50, 150, or 500 posters wanted something does not mean it is the right choice for the company. People find it hard to put their own needs aside. The "I wants" tend to rule the internet.

Cryptic are not my parents.

Neither should they seek to fill that role.

I am their customer.....and I have a right to tell them what I want to pay them for.

They can choose not to do that, but then I dont pay them money.

This is not a familial relationship, its a financial one.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Future sales. Who needs to buy a new design if the known designs from the series (TNG/DS9/Voy) rock hard.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic are not my parents.

Neither should they seek to fill that role.

I am their customer.....and I have a right to tell them what I want to pay them for.

They can choose not to do that, but then I dont pay them money.

This is not a familial relationship, its a financial one.
    And I will say again that no one is disputing that. As I said a few posts up, they have the right to produce whatever product they wish and you have the right to not buy it. If you do not like the product you do not need to justify why you do not want to purchase it, and they do not need to justify why they wish to sell it. It is as simple as that.

Just because you want X does not mean they must give you X.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And no one is saying you do not get the right to decide what to do with your money. Cryptic is not demanding you buy their product. You, on the other hand, are demanding they justify their product to you. They are not required to cater to your demands. Put this example into any other walk of life:

Nope, not demanding anything; nor do they even have to cater to my needs: that's all in your own mind. I am, however, the one deciding where to spend my money on. And I am telling Cryptic they're not getting it for this bundle (in its current state). I, and many others with me, have already outlined why. They can do something with that feedback or not.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Just because you want X does not mean they must give you X.

At the same time if they offer Y and I want X they do not get my money. In the end the metrics will, in one fashion or another, determine who is correct.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Nope, not demanding anything; nor do they even have to cater to my needs: that's all in your own mind. I am, however, the one deciding where to spend my money on. And I am telling Cryptic they're not getting it for this bundle (in its current state). I, and many others with me, have already outlined why. They can do something with that feedback or not.
    You must not read your own posts then, because I could have swore you wrote:
    And since we, the players, are paying Cryptic, don't you think that, if to anyone, they should be explaining it to their, you know, paying customers?!

Clearly you are wanting an explanation. That is not in my mind. :)

They do not have to give you an explanation - as I said to you above - and you do not have to buy the product. Welcome to the free enterprise state. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Yup, saying "I want your money!" is not the same as getting it. :P In a healthy seller/customer relationship, the onus is on the former to convince the latter to spend his or her money on their product. And it should never be otherwise.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    At the same time if they offer Y and I want X they do not get my money. In the end the metrics will, in one fashion or another, determine who is correct.
    What you are missing here is that the Galaxy line is a dead series of ships. They are on sale as a bundle because they are outdated. If the ships were top-of-the-line Cryptic would still be selling them for full price. Heck, if they had not come out with the bundle idea they probably would have been part of the next free gift week. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You must not read your own posts then, because I could have swore you wrote:

Clearly you are wanting an explanation. That is not in my mind. :)

They do not have to give you an explanation - as I said to you above - and you do not have to buy the product. Welcome to the free enterprise state. :)

You conveniently, and rather disingenuously, glossed over the explicit conditional I put in:

"IF to anyone, they should be explaining it to their, you know, paying customers?!"

Translated for you: IF, and only IF, there's any explanation to be done, it should ere be towards the customer. That is not at all the same as demanding an explanation, LOL. I was gonna say "Nice Try!" But even for tries, that was a pretty lame one.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Translated for you: IF, and only IF, there's any explanation to be done, it should ere be towards the customer.
    Who would they explain it to if not to their customers? The grocery store clerk who does not own a computer? :D
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What you are missing here is that the Galaxy line is a dead series of ships. They are on sale as a bundle because they are outdated. If the ships were top-of-the-line Cryptic would still be selling them for full price. Heck, if they had not come out with the bundle idea they probably would have been part of the next free gift week. :)

...and u seem to miss that that changes nothing about the fact that the ingame version has too many flaws referring to canon and in comparison to other ships from the same era (is subpar at best).

...btw: as far as i'm aware off they're selling em at full price. they're probably just 1k zen less xpensive than other 3 packs cause of the venture, which not is a t5 ship.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do believe that the bundle is at a reduced price because they are re-releasing ships that already exist and there is a set between them. If I'm not mistaken every C-store ship that has pieces of a set can be puchased as a bundle.

The reboot is peach.

I'm sorry but this analogy while good has veered into quite hilarious and enjoyable. :D

Cryptic has put the Galaxy ships on sale via a bundle: buy them individually for over 6,000 Zen or buy them in a bundle for 4,000 Zen. You are demanding they change the product to meet your wants. They do not need to do that. You can buy the bundle and get the sale price or you can buy them individually for full price; or not buy any of them. Your choice.

Cryptic is certainly not demanding that we buy their product. However, they put out that product and they do expect us to buy it. Otherwise they're wasting their time and ours.

To jump into this epic smoothie analogy.

What's happened here is that we came to the shop for strawberry. They have strawberry. But when we try to drink the blasted strawberry through a straw, they haven't blended it enough so the straw keeps getting jammed by chunks of strawberry and we can't drink the smoothie. Then we have some people saying use a spoon. You can still eat it if you use a spoon. That's true, but by not blending it enough there are also ice chunks, uneven flavor, and it generally isn't a good strawberry smoothie either.

As the customer if we feel something isn't right we do have the right and in some cases the responsibility to inform the people that we patronize what we think is wrong. If we don't then we can have zero expectation that that thing which is wrong will change.

If we want change, we can't get it by being quiet. And it is our choice to not buy something, especially if we feel that it is sub par.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    ...and u seem to miss that that changes nothing about the fact that the ingame version has too many flaws referring to canon and in comparison to other ships from the same era (is subpar at best).

...btw: as far as i'm aware off they're selling em at full price. they're probably just 1k zen less xpensive than other 3 packs cause of the venture, which not is a t5 ship.
    The Galaxy X is 2,500, the R is 2,000, and the Venture is 1,500. So it is normally a 6,000 Zen pack, not including the bridge. 4,000 is a big discount.

And as I will point out, again, the purpose of the pack was not to fix the Galaxy - it was never the stated intention. The fact that you want a fix does not change the fact that they never stated they were fixing it. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    What you are missing here is that the Galaxy line is a dead series of ships. They are on sale as a bundle because they are outdated.

That has got to be one of the silliest things you said so far! The point, the whole point, and nothing but the point, was a ''Reboot,' remember?! Not selling a dead series at a discount, ROFL.

You're a stich. You're so bent on picking fights here, that you're even willing to admit "that the Galaxy line is a dead series," just so you can 'correct' ppl on why it's discounted -- thereby freely, ostentatiously even, admtting it's a sub-par bundle! I LOL-ed; then I read you again, and LOL-ed again.

But yeah, maybe you need to forego on the picking-fights thingy a bit?! While humorous, it's getting old fast.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That has got to be one of the silliest things you said so far! The point, the whole point, and nothing but the point, was a ''Reboot,' remember?! Not selling a dead series at a discount, ROFL.
    The made no changes to the Galaxy or Venture. They made minor changes to the X. They bundled them all together and threw in a set bonus and bridge and sold it to you for a 40% discount.

What do you think is going on there?

It is a business decision to move old "inventory."
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Galaxy X is 2,500, the R is 2,000, and the Venture is 1,500. So it is normally a 6,000 Zen pack, not including the bridge. 4,000 is a big discount.

The Kumari pack has a 33% discount (also came with free bridge).
    Odyssey pack has a 33% discount (also came with free bridge).
    The Galaxy pack has a 33% discount.

Nothing more to said.

Now that I think, the Vesta pack is the one TRIBBLE it, 33% discount but with no free bridge =(

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You hadn't looked up the prices of those ships and bridge set lately? Your numbers are off. Its a big discount which is why I like the idea. Since I will save a good bit getting it.

Plus they did update them. Look at the stats again, they fixed based on what most wanted with the ship. Plus now you get a Fleet ship, and saucer separation for the Galaxy Dread. I don't see the fuss other than the R not being more tactical. They did listen and fixed it within what they wanted with the ship. The only players fussing is they want a "I win God ship". The Romulan DD is a prime example.

Lastly these ships been on the store for ages. So they got most of the $ out of them. However with the pack. This allows new players a chance for a great ship pack for a good deal and lower price. Even myself who hadn't bought it see it a sweet deal.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    bridge set

The only pack that didnt bring a free bridge was the poor Vesta =(

The discount is the same that they use in all their packs.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    misstype, sry. meant 2k ^^... guess too late for stating now :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    misstype, sry. meant 2k ^^... guess too late for stating now :eek:

Not, but you were correct in the spirit. The Galaxy pack has the same discount than the rest of the packs. Even including the free bridge (for example, ody and kumari bring a new and exclusive bridge for free).
    The bad pack is the Vesta one (only looking at the prize), it has the 33% discount but not free and exclusive bridge.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com