What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 3, 2014

Comments

• Options
    jhighfilljhighfill Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I pvp for my daily dil. end up on the wrong side of a pre-maid team. what difference does it make if I am killed in 10 seconds or 30 seconds. as far as 2 equal premaids. team with the most skill wins. I really don't see a problem except you will have to work a little to take down a pug one on one.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Allow me to just chime in here, so we can try and stem the tide of requests for a Commander Tac on the Gal-X.

A ship that has a Comm Array will not have a Commander Tactical station. A Commander Engineering slot is one of the defining factors in determining whether or not a ship has a Comm Array. Furthermore, a Commander Engineering slot is one of the core defining characteristics of a Cruiser, which the Gal-X is, and will remain.

So, I'm afraid you can cross that one off your wish list.

Quite frankly I'd rather you rip that comm array off the ship and make it into the true dreadnought it always should have been to begin with. Since I know that's never going to happen I will instead ask is starfeet, or kdf for that matter, ever going to get a true dreadnought? Both sides, especially feds, have tons of cruisers and you guys seem to just keep making new cruisers, tossing names like dreadnought cruiser and battlecruiser on them, but not one dreadnought.

Unlike some I don't complain about the scimitar dreadnought, all I ask is that the fed and kdf have a reasonable equivalent to it, and for god sakes don't tell me that the Odyssey and Bortas are the fed and kdf answers to the scimitar.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    You want to survive in PvE? Get all the defense rep passives, and embassy ShS sci consoles -Th. Then add fleet [Acc]x2 weapons and vulnerability locator consoles. Fly a Scimitar. FAW the hell out of everything in the game in seconds.

Getting back to the conversation. This while team ability change is horrible and should be kept out.

That proves my point. When something gets nerfed due to outcry from the PvP community, we have to go through hoops to compensate for it in PvE content.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Oh great "joysticks are OP, please nerf" ...

Then again ... open PvP, good thing I never got on that boat (plus I have some suspicions over certain things) but this is STO so to remain relevent.

I seen many complains about Subnuke being OP, ST was the way to deal with it but this caused a unbalance since TT was preferable and ET was utter useless.

Apparently your way to deal with it is complaining about changes because clearly ET must remain broken so the continuation of broken things remain broken because its important for things to remain useless and broken instead of being balanced and fixed since adapting is something no STO PvP ever does, complaining until they get it as it was apparently is.

Oh didnt you people complained about Vapor builds? this doesnt solve the issue entirely but does end the "dude were are my buffs?" that was the prelude to being Plasma'd.

???
    balance? lol
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That proves my point. When something gets nerfed due to outcry from the PvP community, we have to go through hoops to compensate for it in PvE content.

must. make. it. easier.

and easier.

and easier.

its still too hard :(
  • Options
    kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    • The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
    • There is still a shared cooldown between two "Team" powers of the same career, e.g. Science Team I and Science Team III.

So, Aux 2 Bat builds will be able to run a Tac, Sci & Eng Team every 15 seconds?

That's going to be.. fun..
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I hope the costume slot issue I've been having is fixed with this patch.

It only happens on my female orion, female romulan allied with KDF, and my latest toon, my female ferasan.

What happens is when I create a new costume slot it is placed as slot #2 and pushes all other slots over by 1 instead of putting the new slot at the very end of the list. It doesn't happen on my male klingon or any of my fed characters of either gender.

As for not being able to use costume slots, I only had that happen twice. Both times it was fixed when I purchased extra costume slots from the c-store. (I actually wanted the extra slots anyway and it just happened to fix my issue)
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Getting back to the conversation. This while team ability change is horrible and should be kept out.

Horrible for who? The PVP:ers? Tough cookies there, bub!

There is absolutely no reason for DIFFERENT Teams to act as thou they are the SAME team. Notice they are called Science, Tactical and Engineering Team. Not "Fix It Team". Or I suppose you believe it makes absolute sense for Lieutenant Redshirt to be part of every team on the ship?

I have no doubt there will be nerfs (eventually) due to the outcry of the PVP minority. To a certain extent, that may be necessary. But having them on a shared cooldown is and always has been utterly ridiculous.
  • Options
    theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same awkward BO layout for the galaxy X (not everyone runs Aux2bat :P). Fleet variant with an extra console and one hangar slot (with the vaunted type b shuttles, be still my heart :D). Saucer separation is nice, but it's a vanity console, at best. I'm scratching my head, How is this a reboot? Nothing seems to have really changed.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    all these ships that haven't been running anything but TT til now, wont suddenly have more room for ET and ST without giving something up now.

this does 2 things, nether of which destroy debuffing sci/sci

1. kills FOMM dead, no exploiting a team other then TT used by someone with it

2. buffs spike healing, by all the heal ships that can run ET3 and ST3, so all the good ones.

both bad things. hmm, i dunno. the closest thing to a consensus on the team skills by the pvp community was that across the station types there should be a 10 second system cooldown, and keep the 15 second between 2 copies of the same thing. thats proboly better then AtB heal boats becoming a thing, revolving around dropping TT1, ET3 and ST3 at the same time on ships every 15 seconds.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    druhin wrote: »

There is absolutely no reason for DIFFERENT Teams to act as thou they are the SAME team. Notice they are called Science, Tactical and Engineering Team. Not "Fix It Team". Or I suppose you believe it makes absolute sense for Lieutenant Redshirt to be part of every team on the ship?

I have no doubt there will be nerfs (eventually) due to the outcry of the PVP minority. To a certain extent, that may be necessary. But having them on a shared cooldown is and always has been utterly ridiculous.

Thank you. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one tired of the PvP community screaming for nerfs to something. As usual, when something is changed they don't like, they start crying about it before it even hits Holodeck.

I hope to hell Cryptic doesn't listen to them for once.

I'm fine with the PvP community calling for nerfs and/or changes to *PvP*. But when Cryptic listens to them and gives them what they want, it affects everybody and all types of content, TRIBBLE over those of us who don't PvP.

It would be nice if Cryptic had the tech to make specific abilities/skills function differently while in PvP and function normally while in PvE. That would be fair to everybody. This way PvP'ers can have their nerfs without the PvE'ers getting shafted by it.

A good example would be Guild Wars 1. While in a map that has a PvP arena, some of the skills will be changed having '(PVP)' added to the name of the skill. These skills will function differently and/or be less affective to keep them from being too powerful. When you go back to a PvE map, the skills switch back over to their normal function.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    druhin wrote: »

When you see people 3 manning NWS and doing STFs in less than two minutes, you know the power creep in this game has made it way too easy.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When you see people 3 manning NWS and doing STFs in less than two minutes, you know the power creep in this game has made it way too easy.

Power creep is not the problem, cryptics refusal to release content made for the current power levels is the problem. When all you get is content tuned to the power levels of Season 5 then 3 man nws and 63 second ISE is what you get.
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It would be nice if the Galaxy R had the universal ensign and the Galaxy X had the universal lt. commander.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Edit: Wrong quote. Here's the right one.

Your personal evaluation on the effectiveness of cookie cutter cheese builds run by mountain dew fueled minmaxers is no basis upon which to dictate how people who want to play differently should be limited.

If you want a challenge, NWS in an oberth on your own time. Fun stuff for me shouldn't be scrapped because it's too boring to the big boys and their 1337 toys.
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just a head's up - the Galaxy X (Zen variant) still has a tactical ensign, not a universal. Not sure if this was intentional or not.

As to the Galaxy - X: The seperation/docking animation is beautiful. no clipping, no nacelle tagging, and customizations carry over very nicely. The model itself could use some work (Dreadnought additions on the galaxy saucer still aren't quite aligned, but easily ignorable).

screenshot_2014-03-03-18-38-51.jpg

Is one of the cooler things I've seen in this game.

screenshot_2014-03-03-19-12-31.jpg

Good job on her, in my opinion. There are things I might personally like different, but she'll be a very solid, very powerful ship. She might not match an Avenger or Regent in dps, but she'll take a hit WAY better, and has plenty of fun tricks and toys to make it worth it.
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fantastic! Now, could you *PLEASE* fix the warp out camera? It's really stupid to not see my Defiant warping out because the camera is too low. :mad:
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [*]The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
    • There is still a shared cooldown between two "Team" powers of the same career, e.g. Science Team I and Science Team III.

Geez, I have to agree with the naysayers. What a terrible, terrible idea. The whole point to the team system is that you get a choice of one of three beneficial effects, either increased damage, a shield heal, or a hull heal. With this change, TRIBBLE that, everyone gets all 3! If that's not the definition of power creep, I don't know what is.

True, tactical team is clearly the best, but that's a failure of balance. Give engineering team the shield balancing effect and science team a periodic heal to the weakest facing or something, but I wanna have to think strategically of what buff to use, not this 'all the powers I'll ever need will handed to me on a silver platter' implementation.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited March 2014
    Pvp is essentially dead in this game and I believe that is cryptic's plan. This change to team cds along with a doff that is so broken it gives almost 100% immunity from sci captain powers and most sci boff powers ~ means that 1 player has the clears to withstand the attacks from 2 or 3 sci captains without any help. That removes sci as a viable captain from pvp. Sorry to say - if this is just another change in the plan to remove pvp through player attrition - it's 'working as intended'
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Geez, I have to agree with the naysayers. What a terrible, terrible idea. The whole point to the team system is that you get a choice of one of three beneficial effects, either increased damage, a shield heal, or a hull heal. With this change, TRIBBLE that, everyone gets all 3! If that's not the definition of power creep, I don't know what is.

True, tactical team is clearly the best, but that's a failure of balance. Give engineering team the shield balancing effect and science team a periodic heal to the weakest facing or something, but I wanna have to think strategically of what buff to use, not this 'all the powers I'll ever need will handed to me on a silver platter' implementation.

... how is this any different from mashing all your other t1 heals at the same time? It's not like this is the advent of some never before seen luxury to players.
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    About the Galaxy-R and Galaxy-X. What about a Lt Com Universal slot, like with the Odyssey, Bortasqu', and Scimitar?

The BOff setup they and the Veteran ships have is ideal, in my opinion. One regular commander and two regular lieutenant slots, one for each division, with a lieutenant commander and ensign universal slot.

If there's some reason that the Galaxy-X can't have this, it wouldn't really count as a dreadnought, like the flagships, would it?
  • Options
    no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... how is this any different from mashing all your other t1 heals at the same time? It's not like this is the advent of some never before seen luxury to players.

That's the whole point. Do you want to play a game that involves nothing but mashing the same buttons all the time? At least with the team system one (in theory) have to think about it, hmm should I use tactical team, or will I need the heal from science team? - the only problem was like I said balance leaving engineering team far less desirable than tactical team. With this system I don't even need to think about what skills to use anymore, just bind everything to the space bar and pop a drinking bird on my keyboard while I watch movies on the side. Is that supposed to be fun?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That's the whole point. Do you want to play a game that involves nothing but mashing the same buttons all the time? At least with the team system one (in theory) have to think about it, hmm should I use tactical team, or will I need the heal from science team? - the only problem was like I said balance leaving engineering team far less desirable than tactical team. With this system I don't even need to think about what skills to use anymore, just bind everything to the space bar and pop a drinking bird on my keyboard while I watch movies on the side. Is that supposed to be fun?

.....EptS, ET, ST, HE, TSS are all tier 1 heals. I'm not even going to bother with the upper tiers and the larger amount.

The same HOLYCRAPPANICKBUTTON effect can already be achieved right now with any combination of those working around the effect of shared team cooldowns.

My first pvp build, my buddy made me a keybind setup that had 4 keys. Spacebar was to always be mashed, x was to kill things, c was to heal things, v was the panic button.

It went undefeated for 2 months in kerrat and organized fleet duels.

The time to whine is long past, this is all just reactionism.
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So much to the part with a new model had to be created for the Galaxy-X and Saucer separation. It is the same model even the phaser lance is still not aligned, I am sorry Cryptic but your Galaxy Reboot is a total FAIL!

What do we think about your Galaxy Reboot? This
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you !
    The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
    Wow, this is unexpected !
    I think I have a lot of BOFF power swapping to do :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    whoa, awesome.
    What will we have to complain about now? I guess everything has been resolved.

LOL I have a list of stuff to complain about :)

KHG Uniforms
    C-store Ships/Items to be on par with romulans and feds
    Making fed and kdf ships on par with these rom console sets
    having to breathe air to continue living
    been eating all my life and is becoming very boring and would like to no longer have to eat food
    Oh yea ties into above but one of top issues is b'rel canon functionality... along with the fleet b'rel being able to use the costume that the c-store b'rel can but doesn't work for fleet b'rel.
  • Options
    zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Welp, my odyssey is gonna be effectively even more unkillable in PvE, might be able to survive for 30 seconds in PvP spike damage vap build land
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    So much to the part with a new model had to be created for the Galaxy-X and Saucer separation. It is the same model even the phaser lance is still not aligned, I am sorry Cryptic but your Galaxy Reboot is a total FAIL!

What do we think about your Galaxy Reboot: This
    As soon as I heard this was on Tribble I loaded it up, with all of the posts we have been making in the art forum for what seems like years now and all of the hype about this so called Galaxy revamp, I was disappointed to find they couldn't spend a little time to at least line the parts up right. Oh well, I bought the Venture for the look it gives my Dreadnaught, it somewhat straightens out the off center parts, that it comes with the antimatter spread console is just a bonus.
    I was glad to see they had worked on the KDF costume slot issue, but what we really need now is the ability to delete or at least clear costume slots, many of us now have costume slots that have become corrupted as result of whatever has been going on, if we can't edit them and we can't wear them, then we need to at least be able to get rid of them to free up the slots.
    For the changes in cooldowns, I think more than anything it's just going to be a matter of getting used to using the powers a little differently, I might have to redo some of my Boff's skills, but it's not the end of the world.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [Redacted]
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif