What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 3, 2014

Comments

• Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Allow me to just chime in here, so we can try and stem the tide of requests for a Commander Tac on the Gal-X.

A ship that has a Comm Array will not have a Commander Tactical station. A Commander Engineering slot is one of the defining factors in determining whether or not a ship has a Comm Array. Furthermore, a Commander Engineering slot is one of the core defining characteristics of a Cruiser, which the Gal-X is, and will remain.

So, I'm afraid you can cross that one off your wish list.

Firstly, the vast majority of us werent asking for a normal Commander Tac.

We were asking for LtC Tac.

Secondly, the Tal Shiar ship has a commander universal and a comm array.

The issue I'm having is this is being marketed as "bringing it in line with other dreadnaughts", yet it still gets crushed by any of the of the other dreadnought classes. Its a "dreadnaught" which has less tactical prowess than the Fleet Nova.

The shotgun looks nice, but the lance is still grossly inaccurate to be of any real use. Like the saucer sep, its main use will remain rp in my opinion.

Finally, how is it a reboot for the Gal R when the ships crippling problems (awful boff and console layout) remain untouched?
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can we give the pvpers a longer cooldown on their whining. Or make them actually play the game for once? :(
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [*]Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.
    [*]The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
    • There is still a shared cooldown between two "Team" powers of the same career, e.g. Science Team I and Science Team III.

The first, cool!
    The second, this needed to be done for a looooong time, thank you for finally pulling that restriction.
    The third, makes sense, so I can understand that restriction still being in place.
    :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Allow me to just chime in here, so we can try and stem the tide of requests for a Commander Tac on the Gal-X.

A ship that has a Comm Array will not have a Commander Tactical station. A Commander Engineering slot is one of the defining factors in determining whether or not a ship has a Comm Array. Furthermore, a Commander Engineering slot is one of the core defining characteristics of a Cruiser, which the Gal-X is, and will remain.

So, I'm afraid you can cross that one off your wish list.

The answer is so simple, Mirror the boff seating to that of the Odyssey class cruisers. and Make the lt. cmdr engineering station a universal one along with the ensign tac.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So... changes to the teams...

how's it go? if it ain't broke... we'll break it.

I'm sure that's not right but meh, lets roll with it.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    chemist6lp wrote: »
    To borrow your own words:

DEAL WITH IT.

Besides, if they were truly listening, PvP wouldn't be such a mess. But since you never PvP, you don't have even the slightest idea.

As much as you guys might like to think you're offering solutions, you're not. All you're all doing is bashing each other and wasting time. I couldn't give less of a care about the whole PvP vs PvE garbage any more as all I see on the forums is the whining and ill thought out solutions of people desperate to get one over on someone else.

The obvious solution is, give everything in the game separate stats so that they don't interfere with each other. Will it get done? Only if y'all actually keep pestering them for it. But as it is it wouldn't surprise me if the devs are put off looking for the sane posts in the mire of mudslinging that goes on...
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jer5488 wrote: »
    screenshot_2014-03-03-19-12-31.jpg.
    That is a little odd looking. It seems like the center line of the cone can target out to 45 degrees, which causes the rest of the cone to bend around wide. This doesn't look like it should be able to fire that way, based upon the model for the sawed off lance.

An animation similar to Cannon Scatter Volley would have been better, where the cone animation is more or less the whole 45 degree arc, not some 45 degree and a little more animation.
  • Options
    risingstorm1risingstorm1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.

??? are you kidding!?!?!?!?! so i'll hit tact team then instantly do sci team... wtf, more broken TRIBBLE coming in, this is going to break pvp.... again
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any seating changes should be to Universal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It was never working in the first place.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When can we expect the Lobi Timeship Shuttle and Ferengi N'Far Special Items to be added to the Reclaim?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    spessmehreenspessmehreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if the unlocking of the global cooldowns between career-based Team abilities has anything to do with Sci-Team being a hard counter for AMS (which may become more prodigious after March 6th), but everyone's builds preferring Tac-Team.

i.e. "You have AMS because you bought the Galaxy bundle, but I don't want to use Sci-Team because that'll interfere with my Tac-team...Guess I'll remove the inter-career GCDs then"

My two pennies

FYI: Although it's quite possible to survive without TT, I'm interested to see if incorporating ST and/or ET into regular builds will actually affect the meta-game. It'll probably hamper my main Sci a bit (Sub-nuke soft nerf, but then there's also Seggis), but it'll definitely encourage players to (slightly) diversify their builds...won't be enough to un-seat ATB's dominance, but I'm curious enough.
    The Spice Must Flow...
  • Options
    grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

[*]Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.
    [*]The size of the personal bank window now saves its size when modified.
    [*]The "limited time" message for the Dyson Science Destroyers in the lobi store has been removed.
    [*]The Intrepid's nacelles animate correctly when warping in and out of sector space.

Thanks a lot for those. :)

Known Issues:

[*]Warp trails are not consistently the same color for Romulan captains.
    [/LIST]

damn it took a long time to notice/acknowledge this one, but it's a good first step, thank you.
  • Options
    sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    how about a way to discard and recall our dreadnaught and other c-store ships on tribble without having to have zen to get them. or if there is a way someone let me know I'd like to test out the changes and I have all galaxy class ships
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sekusei28 wrote: »
    how about a way to discard and recall our dreadnaught and other c-store ships on tribble without having to have zen to get them. or if there is a way someone let me know I'd like to test out the changes and I have all galaxy class ships

If you have them all aren't they in your ships listing when you copy over?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you discharged it at some point, the record that you bought the ship with zen is not transferred. Only way to get the ships at the moment on Tribble is to either get around the (rather lazily designed) redirect on the copy page and copy while the ships are in your active roster, or hope you have a character there with the ship already in their roster.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I will have to get on tribble to test this with my Recluse, but I already suspect it will be nearly unkillable in PVP and invincible in PVE due to the change to team skills. Please don't rush to live anytime soon with this, we need a lot of time to test to see if these changes will break the game or not, these are serious changes.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I will have to get on tribble to test this with my Recluse, but I already suspect it will be nearly unkillable in PVP and invincible in PVE due to the change to team skills. Please don't rush to live anytime soon with this, we need a lot of time to test to see if these changes will break the game or not, these are serious changes.

Finally got everything working with my dreadnaught and love it! I also tested the removed shared cd timers on my kdf in fleet mogh and yeah i'm gonna have to say it's a little op not much but a little. As a engi tank with the shared timers removed like they are, just for me alone on heals using tac team and engi team I didn't even need to touch miracle worker and being a 2x aux2bat....
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    chemist6lp wrote: »
    To borrow your own words:

DEAL WITH IT.

Besides, if they were truly listening, PvP wouldn't be such a mess. But since you never PvP, you don't have even the slightest idea.

Wow. You completely screwed that up. You only quoted part of my post. I offered a suggestion in that post if you even bothered to read the whole thing.
    It would be nice if Cryptic had the tech to make specific abilities/skills function differently while in PvP and function normally while in PvE. That would be fair to everybody. This way PvP'ers can have their nerfs without the PvE'ers getting shafted by it.

A good example would be Guild Wars 1. While in a map that has a PvP arena, some of the skills will be changed having '(PVP)' added to the name of the skill. These skills will function differently and/or be less affective to keep them from being too powerful. When you go back to a PvE map, the skills switch back over to their normal function.

Of course I failed to mention that stuff that is too OP for PvE would get nerfed of course. But this would make a lot of sense to me. PvP'ers could have their balances without PvE being affected by it.

The way it is now there is nothing to differentiate equipment, abilities, stats, etc., between PvP and PvE. So when something gets changed to balance PvP, it gets changed for PvE as well, making it less useful for PvE when it didn't need to be changed there.

And what I've been saying is that when the PvP community screams about something being too OP they get what they want while the PvE community gets it too when they don't need it. It isn't fair as it is now. If Cryptic can find a way to make PvP balanced without making PvE less fun, that would be awesome.
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dave18193 wrote: »
    Firstly, the vast majority of us werent asking for a normal Commander Tac.

We were asking for LtC Tac.

Asking for an LtC tac on T5 galaxy's was never really much of an option for cryptic. They have an idea for how a ship needs to play (theme and size play well into it), and set it up accordingly.
    Both the Exploration refit and the old dread boff layouts were heavy on the engineering. I would not have seen any chance of the Com Eng and LtC seats changing at all. And with an LtC already filled, you're then left with just Lt's and En seats to play with.

I made this a while back:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=955081
    Basically all ship boff arrangements hit a "potency level", below it is underpowered, above is overpowered. Asking for LtC tac means giving up eng, and that is probably something Cryptic was never going to move on. Thematically I agree, Galaxy's should be Eng heavy.

From the spreadsheet I made, probably the best option for the community to ask for would have been COM, LTC, Lt, Lt, En. That'd match the potency level, keep Cryptics Eng heavy theme going and give you more tac.

Though looking at it some more there's a combo in that sheet I don't have COM, Ltc, Ltc, En which would hit the same potency level too. However that doesn't match the required 12 boff skills per ship. So that's probably why I left it off the sheet, it's an invalid arrangement.

Both options only leave a single Ensign sci. Apart from the Kumari, no other boff layouts I know of only leave you with just an ensign for a particular career type. Others are close but give uni slots so you can make up for it if you choose.
    So obviously it's something Cryptic really doesn't want to do for players. Given that point I've probably just explained why the arrangement stayed basically the same.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    yepidiedagainyepidiedagain Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've refrained myself from posting about the "Idiocy" of not being able to either discard your ships and grab them again or just plain test the ships for as long as I can, but tonight while I was stretching my legs in earth space dock, I decided that I would trade in my (somewhat dented) Galaxy Dreadnaught, ya know the one that i let my boffs fly off in when doing their 2 day away missions (heck they ain't taking out my oddy, I save that for showing off to the Rommies and the Cardies :D ).... So there I was, just passing the turbo lift doors to the sparkling new ships area and I thought to myself, why not, lets trade in the old dreadnaught, it'd be sad to see her go, but she'd served me and my boffs well and deserved a happy retirement soaking up the sun on Risa, so anyway of I go with a little tear in my eye, up to the shiny new ship storeroom...me and the crew said our last goodbyes, grabbed our belongings and sent her on her merry way.

All was well, we had a little drink in the bar, shared a few stories of our awesome missions on board Debby the Dreadnaught:P and then me and my first officer went back up to lay claim to the new dreadnaught. And that's where things started to unravel a little. You see the problem was, was that this wasn't the STO universe we're all used to, oh no, somehow we must have gone through a common sense quazality rift and ended up in an alternate universe, one where the Ferengi give things away for free (got myself and my Atrox kitted out with some awesome gear) and where the federation market traders hoard all of their ships and won't as much as let you test fly one of them without first having a zen account with a few 100,000 credits in the account. Now me and Titch (my first officer) have always been polite and respectful to our fellow federation brothers and sisters, but WHAT the heck (edit - please don't use profanity they'll boot you out of the academy - Titch) is the point of having a tribble "Test" server if you can't test a ship you've already purchased.

I know the staff don't want players sitting on tribble all day flying round in ships they never bought, and they don't want the players to fly around in a ship for a few hours, decide they don't like it and then not bother buying it in the game, but please, it''s supposed to be called a test server for a reason, to test things. we can't test them if you take that ability away from us (although I'm pretty sure we didn't have it to start off with).... I'm sorry, I tried to make most of this as light hearted as I could, but I really am losing faith in STO, I know they have to protect their investments, they have to get as many players as possible buying ships and other ingame store items, and that as a business, Cryptic have to do their level best to get players wanting to spend money in the game (no mean feat as players can get almost everything for free), but to announce new ships, skins for ships and modifications to ships, tell everyone that the modifications are up on tribble and THEN make it so that no one can actually get the ships to test them.....I really want to bang my head against a wall right now, it just doesn't make sense. But at the end of the day, who am I to argue with whoever it is that thought of the crazy idea. I'm just a player who decided that while I was running through earth space dock, I would try out the updated dreadnaught with the hanger pets, thinking to myself that it would be quicker to just dump and reclaim rather than travelling all the way to Eta to buy a hanger pet. my mistake though, the only thing I can do now is to delete the character and copy it over again, something I'll get round to doing eventually, can't be bothered at the moment it's 3am for me and to be honest if I can't test things on a test server, I don't really see the point of it wasting space on my hard drive. So I'm gonna apologise for the long rant (ok extremely long rant) and go and do something productive.... Moral of the story is, MMO's are designed to suck you in, bash you around and then spit you back out the other end... oh and if anyone got to the end of this, gratz you deserve a medal :D

To the Devs and everyone else slaving away on the tribble server, I meant no offense by what I posted above, but please see our point, we can't test if we can't reclaim, it frustrates us and prevents us from using the test server for what it was intended for.
  • Options
    wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the blog had 'exciting' changes to the galaxy X, not the galaxy. unless theres something unbloged about to be found in this patch, i can only hope.

"There is still a shared cooldown between two "Team" powers of the same career, e.g. Science Team I and Science Team III."

.... oh wow. this is... very good, mostly. it will be a bandaid for certain ships with too many ENS eng stations. but, this will be a nerf to the already quite marginalized FOMM and ATB. at least for FOMM, i always saved that for when i saw someone use a team skill that was not TT, knowing they couldn't clear it for a good wile. so those 2 skills just got nerfed.

could you guys additionally take away all the clears from HE and put them on the team skills? HE is the best hull heal, every single build runs it, and it clears a ton of things. this is imbalanced, makes everything strong at clearing debuffs, and ruins quite a few skills. not nearly as many people run a team skill other then TT, so needing ET and ST to clear things like energy drain, dots or aceton beam would make those skills much more effective

I'm not sure how taking clears away from hazards and putting them on the team abilities would be good considering everyone can potentially have all the teams running now... though of course it would force one to run all three teams to clear everything hazards does.... so maybe.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    So its a flight deck cruiser now that is labeled as a dreadnaught right? ;)

I do notice you are not dismissing the possibility of the lt cmdr though and I really do wish you would let the Fleet Galaxy-R boff layout mirror that of it's KDF sister ship, the Neg'Var, and replace that ensign engineer with a universal.

Or add new boff abilities, that would be even better.

I highly doubt the devs are going to completely re-arrange the boff seating, the best we can hope for is adjusting the universals. Make the dread's tac ensign a uni and the lt. sci a uni and at least you can throw it all into tac or put the ensign on sci and have two tac lt.'s. This shouldn't step on ody toes too much, it should also allow the galaxy-R to have a uni ensign without taking anything away from the dread.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    epsilonia wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification! Besides, the Phaser Lance is effectively a form of Beam Overload III, which is a good enough Lieutenant Commander power for people to be happy with.

Looking forward to the Warship Voyager (which is the next item on the wish list).

It's not a free beam overload3 unless it has a 30 second cool down, or even a 60, or a 90 second cool down instead of a full three minutes and with such TRIBBLE accuracy.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    hurleybird wrote: »
    I'm not sure what's more sad:

1. That you just completely broke PvP and made it possible for a team to rarely, if ever die
    2. That no one at Cryptic has the design sense to realize what a terrible call this is
    3. That I doubt there are enough serious PvPers left to care
    4. That I really don't mind any more, because a huge part of me never wants to be lured back into this constant disappointment of a game, and stuff like this makes that less and less likely.

Yes, yes, it's horribly wrong and pvp-breaking if not game breaking with how even more ridiculously easy it should make pve, but more importantly, I suggest you try not to be so nasty about it, it really doesn't help, and most importantly, If you're not in this game, then why are you on these forums? O.o
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic:

I'm not sure who the genius who came up with this change is, but I don't think you guys thought it over before making it. Welcome now healers who never die. Sci boff powers that don't do jack squat because they get cleared instantly, and all sorts of other non-fun changes.

Please leave the shared cooldown as it is, you're killing whatever balance is left in this game.

The worst part, subnuc being demoted to junk status. Sci captains yet again get the shaft thanks to the developers changes.

Again, I don't usually agree with you, but given that now people will be spamming ST and TT, then take the HE debuff cleanse out. Having everyone immune to sci skills will just push people back to tac and engineer captains.

Subnuke is okay in pve and waaaaay op in pvp, I don't think it needs to take the hit of constant sci and tac teams though, but tac's fire on my mark and beta and delta have been pretty much useless in pvp for foreverty ever so... sci is just getting a similar kick to the nethers here.

A way around this being so breaking to pvp is to make them soft counters, e.g. reduce the length of a debuff's effect from 30 seconds to say 15 seconds, or reduce the intensity of a debuff from -40 defense to -20 defense. That way we aren't just shrugging off everything, but we're not as hard hit by it. One will have to invest pretty heavily if they want all three teams up every 15 seconds, so it could be balanced to have that capability if we aren't virtually immune to everything. Though I still think that keeping them bound and forcing us to choose which is best in the moment is best, just the teams need to be balanced so tac team isn't the ultimate tanking skill in the game. I made a stab at a suggestion that I think would work without too significantly disrupting the current system:

Tac team 1: stays the same except shield distribution has a modifier of 1:3. meaning for every 3 points of damage tac team pulls 1 point of shields from your other shields to compensate.

Tac team 2: stays the same except shield distribution has a modifier of 2:3, for every 3 points of damage 2 points are pulled from other facings.

Tac team 3: stays the same, distirubtion modifier of 1:1, every point of damage pulls a point from other shields.

This gradation of tac team distribution performance gives us a reason to take a higher level of tac team where before there pretty much wasn't any.

Eng/Sci teams: Stay the same except at level 1 they have 1:6 shield distribution, level 2 is 1:4 shield distribution, and level 3 is 1:2 shield distribution.

Eng and sci team have the pretty much essential auto shield distribution of tac team, but not as good as tac team so as not to steal tac team's thunder, plus they have heals built into them, and most people seem to agree that full tac team distribution plus super sci/eng team heals could be incredibly OP.

This would require more coding work from the devs than simply removing the global, but I think it would be best to preserve the current mechanic of choosing what to use, but making that choice a little less obviously tac team, and never more than tac team 1.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Borticus, can you please chime in what is the reasoning of removing the shared cooldown of the team skills? All the engineers are celebrating, and the sci captains are getting screwed royally. What the heck are sci captains supposed to do if people can clear debuffs left and right now?

Sci captains have always had the disadvantage of their abilities not being buffs. Their debuffs are incredibly potent, but if cleared, they are wasted, and if fighting a bunch of low level mobs in pve, it's best to hold on to them rather than subnuking one out of a possible 10 frigates or scanning one out of 10 frigates that might be too spread out to all be scanned while a tac captain might go ahead and pop their attack pattern alpha and lay waste to them all in a few seconds.

I would suggest turning sci captain abilities into self buffs, let sensor scan buff all science damage/heal powers, change attack pattern alpha so that it just buffs tactical damage so that it's not stepping on sci's sensor scan. Perhaps turn subnuke beam into a subnuke field around the sci ship and anything that gets within the field has their cool downs messed up and it randomly removes a buff every x seconds that something is in the field, that way it's not the op everything's knocked off that it currently is, and it gives someone a chance to be less effected if they can get out of your field. It also has the potential to affect more than one opponent, and since sci team only clears for 5 seconds every 15 seconds at max, sci team wouldn't be such a hard counter to a field that lasts for 30 seconds.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    BACK OFF!

You lot ain't getting your way this time. Every time we turn around you PvP'ers complain about something and it gets nerfed to hell. It's not only nerfed for PvP, it also ends up being nerfed for PvE.

I never PvP and I'm getting sick and tired of having to find ways to compensate for the nerfs because I'm getting my rear handed to me in PvE content. Now it's the PvP'er's turn to figure out how to cope with the changes. Learn to deal with it, just us PvE'ers have had to do. A small minority group of players shouldn't be allowed to dictate how the game plays for all of us with the majority being ignored.

DEAL WITH IT!

If you are getting your TRIBBLE handed to you in pve, you must be doing something HORRIBLY wrong. I don't say that trying to be mean or aggressive or anything, but seriously, pve is pretty super easy. Maybe you need someone to help you with your build. The game doesn't really teach you how to play it or build your ship or skill your crew, you have to figure that out yourself through trial and error and the tribal knowledge of the community. Ships are given to you with laughable weapons out of the box that aren't even remotely close to effective layouts, and boffs often come with stupid power choices, so yeah, if you're really having that much difficulty, you might want to get some help. Next time you run an STF or something where you see someone doing quite well, especially if they are running a ship you have/like, ask them what they're running and how they're running it. Maybe join a fleet who might be willing to help, or just shout in esd/cronos chat if someone would be willing to help you improve your layouts/ skills, might even simply make a group discussion out of it... ask "how would you skill your boffs in X ship" and see what you get. Probably start a fight... lol. But give it a go.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    Horrible for who? The PVP:ers? Tough cookies there, bub!

There is absolutely no reason for DIFFERENT Teams to act as thou they are the SAME team. Notice they are called Science, Tactical and Engineering Team. Not "Fix It Team". Or I suppose you believe it makes absolute sense for Lieutenant Redshirt to be part of every team on the ship?

I have no doubt there will be nerfs (eventually) due to the outcry of the PVP minority. To a certain extent, that may be necessary. But having them on a shared cooldown is and always has been utterly ridiculous.

Nothing in this game is based off of literal logical sense. There's no reason why every ship in the game can't use tractor beams or eject their warp plasma or use emergency power to each system, or torp spread or high yield, these aren't "skills" they are hardware functions of the ship that any crew should be able to activate. Just how well they are used/how often they can be used should be affected by ship type and crew skill. Which is why I would ultimately like to see every ship have every power and how well/often it is used being based off of boff and captain skill trees, which would also be affected by ship type via boff seating. But that's a whole lot of work for some future season, I'm sure.

For now, there are arbitrary cools and restrictions in an attempt to define roles/classes like traditional mmo (a mistake for star trek) and to make an attempt at balance... which... there never is in any traditional mmo. There's always a broadly recognized 'best' class or a class that is most welcome in parties, and that's usually as many DD's as you want, possibly a tank or a healer, depending on how good the dd's are and or how well the game has restricted dd's from getting away with not needing a healer or a tank. So yeah, with traditional mmo mechanics, tac was always going to be king of the hill, it shouldn't be any surprise.
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you are getting your TRIBBLE handed to you in pve, you must be doing something HORRIBLY wrong. I don't say that trying to be mean or aggressive or anything, but seriously, pve is pretty super easy. Maybe you need someone to help you with your build. The game doesn't really teach you how to play it or build your ship or skill your crew, you have to figure that out yourself through trial and error and the tribal knowledge of the community.

I echo that me and the fleet can beat infected elite easily with opitionals. With T1 ships.... So miranda's and connies (non refit) lol

The only issues that bother me about the reboot, is the gal-x is now the Gal-r by most accounts is basically the same, but at the same time capable of so much more besides two cruiser commands...