test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 3, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140207a.14

General:
  • The Galaxy Class starships have some new and exciting improvements!
  • Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.
  • The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
    • There is still a shared cooldown between two "Team" powers of the same career, e.g. Science Team I and Science Team III.
  • The upgrades to the Dyson EV suits are now back in the lobi store.
  • The size of the personal bank window now saves its size when modified.
  • The "limited time" message for the Dyson Science Destroyers in the lobi store has been removed.
    • This ship is permanently in the lobi store.
  • The Intrepid's nacelles animate correctly when warping in and out of sector space.

Known Issues:
  • There is no error explaining that loadouts and quick equip will not work if the captain’s inventory is full.
  • Powers granted by a space set are not remembered in the power tray when using the loadouts feature.
  • Warp trails are not consistently the same color for Romulan captains.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [*]Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.

[/LIST]

whoa, awesome.
    What will we have to complain about now? I guess everything has been resolved.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    • Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.
    • The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
      • There is still a shared cooldown between two "Team" powers of the same career, e.g. Science Team I and Science Team III.
    Hooray! Use ALL the teams! Wear all the costumes!
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I guess now I won't look like a complete idiot when using Eng/Sci Team now...
  • Options
    viperiousspacedviperiousspaced Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [*]The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.

Thank you very much for this, it's a very nice surprise. :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    General:

After hundreds of pages of feedback about the joke that was the Galaxy Reboot, reading this just make me lol.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140207a.14

General:
    • The "limited time" message for the Dyson Science Destroyers in the lobi store has been removed.
    • The Intrepid's nacelles animate correctly when warping in and out of sector space.

Known Issues:
    • There is no error explaining that loadouts and quick equip will not work if the captain’s inventory is full.
    • Powers granted by a space set are not remembered in the power tray when using the loadouts feature.

Squee!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are the fleet stats on the galaxy dread finalized or are they still subject to change? Because I'd pay all the monies for a CDR or LCDR tac.
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited March 2014

General:

Known Issues:

Wow, wow, wow! Now the Gal-R is actually better than before. The ensign eng isn't as useless anymore!

And the KDF costume bug fix is very welcome. Hoping it really works.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The change to the team powers is nice and helps improve the use of other team skills especially say the third eng ens on the gal r can now use eng team without disrupting a tac team cycle
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the blog had 'exciting' changes to the galaxy X, not the galaxy. unless theres something unbloged about to be found in this patch, i can only hope.

"There is still a shared cooldown between two "Team" powers of the same career, e.g. Science Team I and Science Team III."

.... oh wow. this is... very good, mostly. it will be a bandaid for certain ships with too many ENS eng stations. but, this will be a nerf to the already quite marginalized FOMM and ATB. at least for FOMM, i always saved that for when i saw someone use a team skill that was not TT, knowing they couldn't clear it for a good wile. so those 2 skills just got nerfed.

could you guys additionally take away all the clears from HE and put them on the team skills? HE is the best hull heal, every single build runs it, and it clears a ton of things. this is imbalanced, makes everything strong at clearing debuffs, and ruins quite a few skills. not nearly as many people run a team skill other then TT, so needing ET and ST to clear things like energy drain, dots or aceton beam would make those skills much more effective
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OMG....

You finally give me my saucer-separated Galaxy-X, you add a hangar bay, universal ensign, and a fleet upgrade to boot, in the same patch that you take team abilities off the shared cooldown?

I can only assume this patch was made to personally thank me for going lifetime.

You're welcome.

Edit: Oh, BTW, does the "Intrepid Nacelle Fix" extend to the Veteran ships, et all? As far as I know, currently all of the special warp modes are broken.

Edit2: My Gal-X is devoid of a hangar bay on Tribble...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    cehus wrote: »
    Are the fleet stats on the galaxy dread finalized or are they still subject to change? Because I'd pay all the monies for a CDR or LCDR tac.

Allow me to just chime in here, so we can try and stem the tide of requests for a Commander Tac on the Gal-X.

A ship that has a Comm Array will not have a Commander Tactical station. A Commander Engineering slot is one of the defining factors in determining whether or not a ship has a Comm Array. Furthermore, a Commander Engineering slot is one of the core defining characteristics of a Cruiser, which the Gal-X is, and will remain.

So, I'm afraid you can cross that one off your wish list.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014

General:

Known Issues:

The costumes fix and the team powers buff is really awesome, thanks guys!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Also, apparently while I can slot the saucer separation on my Galaxy-X, the ability does not show up, in my power list or in my tray.
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Allow me to just chime in here, so we can try and stem the tide of requests for a Commander Tac on the Gal-X.

A ship that has a Comm Array will not have a Commander Tactical station. A Commander Engineering slot is one of the defining factors in determining whether or not a ship has a Comm Array. Furthermore, a Commander Engineering slot is one of the core defining characteristics of a Cruiser, which the Gal-X is, and will remain.

First let me thank you for coming and answerd the players questions.

But a LCDR Tact that is most players asking. Why cant have LCDR Tact?

And the ens universal for the Galaxy R? Why cant we have that? Is that too much to ask?

Sorry for bad english.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thank you for chiming in on that matter, Borticus. It's really nice to hear from the devs about this, and to see a bit of the internal logic behind that particular decision.

While I never personally thought that a Commander Tactical slot was appropriate for the Fleet Galaxy-X, I join many others in thinking that a Lieutenant Commander Tactical or Universal would certainly give it the teeth that a Dreadnought deserves.

Any chance you'll weigh in on that question? :D
  • Options
    ocp001ocp001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

How about LTC Tac? in Lieu of that, the peregrine falcon has innate rapid fire 1, could that be added to the galaxy X? The problem a lot of people are talking about on the X is that it isn't Tactical Enough to be viable for DHC.

Thank you for your honesty.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014

So its a flight deck cruiser now that is labeled as a dreadnaught right? ;)

I do notice you are not dismissing the possibility of the lt cmdr though and I really do wish you would let the Fleet Galaxy-R boff layout mirror that of it's KDF sister ship, the Neg'Var, and replace that ensign engineer with a universal.

Or add new boff abilities, that would be even better.
  • Options
    tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But a LCDR Tact that is most players asking. Why cant have LCDR Tact?

Probably because there are already a bazillion cruisers that have (or can have, in the case of a LTC Universal BOff) a LTC Tactical BOff station.
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • Options
    epsiloniaepsilonia Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thanks for the clarification! Besides, the Phaser Lance is effectively a form of Beam Overload III, which is a good enough Lieutenant Commander power for people to be happy with.

Looking forward to the Warship Voyager (which is the next item on the wish list).
    Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
    Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
    It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Or just make the ensign sci, the LT uni, and let people pick their poison. Heck, pull a charal and make both uni, see what people come up with.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tick0 wrote: »
    Probably because there are already a bazillion cruisers that have (or can have, in the case of a LTC Universal BOff) a LTC Tactical BOff station.

And the ensign + Lt tactical are on a bazillion cruisers as well, you just don't seem them as often. Sovvy, Ambassador, and that tier 3 fleet ship retrofit all have it.
  • Options
    onikirionikiri Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014

The Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser has a Commander Universal. The Battlecruiser Comm Array, Sensor Analysis and an Integrated Cloaking Device.

I get the Gal-X not having a Commander Tactical, not sure why there isn't a Lt.Commander Tactical however. For what is supposed to be a Retrofit to bring the vessel into use for warfare that is just not making sense. Especially when you tick up to the aforementioned vessel which comes with all those other features and is not a Dreadnaught.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One of my costumes still remains locked... the others were fixed. The tailor still lists a free spot.
    Maybe it is because that character is in a fleet in Holodeck but not in Tribble...
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you so much, I have been hoping you would some day remove the shared cooldown on the team abilities.

:-)

/\
  • Options
    deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really think the LTC engie should be either made universal or changed to a tac seat. Dreadnoughts are supposed to have some teeth to them, and having just a LT or LT + Ens isn't very potent for a Dreadnought
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ok, I zoned a bunch of times, and my gal-X got with the picture. It took more then one zone, which is why I thought it just wasn't working.

Carry on :P
    kimmym_5664.jpg
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited March 2014
    [*]The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.

I'm not sure what's more sad:

1. That you just completely broke PvP and made it possible for a team to rarely, if ever die
    2. That no one at Cryptic has the design sense to realize what a terrible call this is
    3. That I doubt there are enough serious PvPers left to care
    4. That I really don't mind any more, because a huge part of me never wants to be lured back into this constant disappointment of a game, and stuff like this makes that less and less likely.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are there going to be other changes to the Team abilities? They are currently balanced as pretty powerful heal effects due to their penalty cost. For example ET and ST currently have large instant heals which are balanced by the fact that they might not be available when you need them, and of course TT has that shield rotation thing. If they no longer interfere with each other, there's almost a disincentive to running TSS and Aux-to-SIF (especially the latter, which shares a CD with other Aux-to-X abilities).

Subnuc is going to be ... devalued ... I think