test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 3, 2014

Comments

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.

And there was much rejoicing.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of that one!
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are there going to be other changes to the Team abilities? They are currently balanced as pretty powerful heal effects due to their penalty cost. For example ET and ST currently have large instant heals which are balanced by the fact that they might not be available when you need them, and of course TT has that shield rotation thing. If they no longer interfere with each other, there's almost a disincentive to running TSS and Aux-to-SIF (especially the latter, which shares a CD with other Aux-to-X abilities).

Subnuc is going to be ... devalued ... I think

My hypothesis is it's an attempt to introduce competing powers for Eptx via ET. People are complaining about that cleanse doff alot. If ET becomes more viable, people might see fewer eptx cleanses and stop complaining so much. Edit: Now that I think about it, ST and ET on demand really nullify those complaints altogether, more or less. Not fully, but still, a great deal...

Freeing up AtS opens up more people to use AtD, which would also make a lot of these current "mah entarprize am molasses" threads obsolete.

That's just my outside, at-a-glance opinion though.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140207a.14

[*]The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
    • There is still a shared cooldown between two "Team" powers of the same career, e.g. Science Team I and Science Team III.

Dear Cryptic:

I'm not sure who the genius who came up with this change is, but I don't think you guys thought it over before making it. Welcome now healers who never die. Sci boff powers that don't do jack squat because they get cleared instantly, and all sorts of other non-fun changes.

Please leave the shared cooldown as it is, you're killing whatever balance is left in this game.

The worst part, subnuc being demoted to junk status. Sci captains yet again get the shaft thanks to the developers changes.
    could you guys additionally take away all the clears from HE and put them on the team skills? HE is the best hull heal, every single build runs it, and it clears a ton of things. this is imbalanced, makes everything strong at clearing debuffs, and ruins quite a few skills. not nearly as many people run a team skill other then TT, so needing ET and ST to clear things like energy drain, dots or aceton beam would make those skills much more effective

Again, I don't usually agree with you, but given that now people will be spamming ST and TT, then take the HE debuff cleanse out. Having everyone immune to sci skills will just push people back to tac and engineer captains.
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    whoa, awesome.
    What will we have to complain about now? I guess everything has been resolved.

Fleet HoH'Sus does not have a "Warp out" animation... Ker'rat resets, everyone warps and my BoP is all like "Whatever dudes" and casually flies away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
    edited March 2014
    Borticus, can you please chime in what is the reasoning of removing the shared cooldown of the team skills? All the engineers are celebrating, and the sci captains are getting screwed royally. What the heck are sci captains supposed to do if people can clear debuffs left and right now?
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.

There is still a shared cooldown between two "Team" powers of the same career, e.g. Science Team I and Science Team III.

This is a pleasant surprise. :)

But I do have concerns with how it will affect game balance.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Allow me to just chime in here, so we can try and stem the tide of requests for a Commander Tac on the Gal-X.

A ship that has a Comm Array will not have a Commander Tactical station. A Commander Engineering slot is one of the defining factors in determining whether or not a ship has a Comm Array. Furthermore, a Commander Engineering slot is one of the core defining characteristics of a Cruiser, which the Gal-X is, and will remain.

So, I'm afraid you can cross that one off your wish list.

i think the only time anyone requested a COM tac on the galaxy dread was when i proposed the saucer sep use that dyson ship station fliping tech, so it would have a COM tac when it separated. it would be more like the other dreadnoughts then, wile also being a cruiser primarily when unseperated.

otherwise basically everyone thinks that the basic ship should have a LTC tac/LT eng, like a proper tac cruiser. no other cruiser has 4 tac consoles but only a LT tac. well, except the bortas i suppose.
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

otherwise basically everyone thinks that the basic ship should have a LTC tac/LT eng, like a proper tac cruiser. no other cruiser has 4 tac consoles but only a LT tac. well, except the bortas i suppose.

There are already several fed cruisers like that. I was hoping for something a bit different for the fleet galX, something like the boff seating of the D'deridex but slanted towards engineering:
    CM Eng, LCM Eng, LCM Tac, Ens Sci, Ens Uni

Wasn't the original boff seating announced for the Hirogen Battleship like that before they "corrected" it?
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just tested on tribble and was able to overlap all 3 team abilities with no problems. This is a bit too much. Why wouldnt somebody just run 2x ET and constantly heal +8k hit-points every 15 seconds? or do the same with ST?

May I suggest, split the various heals into buff vs cleanse vs repair. So you can do things like Emergency Power to X is a buff with minor cleanse and repair, while Sci abilities mostly cleanse with minor buff and repair, while the Team abilities do large repair but with minor buff and cleanse.
    edited March 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    There are already several fed cruisers like that. I was hoping for something a bit different for the fleet galX, something like the boff seating of the D'deridex but slanted towards engineering:
    CM Eng, LCM Eng, LCM Tac, Ens Sci, Ens Uni

Wasn't the original boff seating announced for the Hirogen Battleship like that before they "corrected" it?

ya, and what a joke it is now. 6 turn rate, 3 tac consoles, its the worst cruiser with a LTC tac. impressively detailed model though, its to bad. the galaxy R getting the d'deridex setup makes more sense imo, the dread is more of a big stick then an explorer. difference on the R maybe would be an ENS sci instead of an ENS tac, compared to the d'deridex. originally the d'deridex had the galaxy R station setup at least as a place holder, the d'd change to what it got sets precedent for the galaxy R too.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So THIS happened:

[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance - Wide Beam deals 82392 Phaser Damage(Critical) to Keldon Class.

Muahahahaha!
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So THIS happened:

[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance - Wide Beam deals 82392 Phaser Damage(Critical) to Keldon Class.

Muahahahaha!

[7:07] [Combat (Self)] You Blew Your Nose - Wide Beam deals 8239200 Plasma Damage(Critical) to Keldon Class.

Pick a real target and it might mean something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fix on the KDF costume bugs? Please tell me that this also fixes the KHG outfit bugs on the Honor Guard rep system.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Allow me to just chime in here, so we can try and stem the tide of requests for a Commander Tac on the Gal-X.

A ship that has a Comm Array will not have a Commander Tactical station. A Commander Engineering slot is one of the defining factors in determining whether or not a ship has a Comm Array. Furthermore, a Commander Engineering slot is one of the core defining characteristics of a Cruiser, which the Gal-X is, and will remain.

Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser being the exception to the rule?
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OMG... I took my X for a spin around Tribble...

It is even better then I imagined her.

I can't wait for the fleet version.

Thanks again.

I'll stop replying to the thread now, sorry. You can't keep stringing me along for 2 years and not expect me to be excited...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kalani2 wrote: »
    [7:07] [Combat (Self)] You Blew Your Nose - Wide Beam deals 8239200 Plasma Damage(Critical) to Keldon Class.

Pick a real target and it might mean something.

Tell me a target I can shoot on Tribble, that's not in a queue (since they don't pop) wiseguy.

Edit: did a beta Thoridor:

[7:30] [Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance - Wide Beam deals 63212 (44890) Phaser Damage to Rival Negh'Var Warship.

That better? And not a crit.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    • Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.
    The fix as written does not seem to have fixed any of my unusable outfits. My Klingon male, Trill female, and Romulan Alien female all still have multipie "additional uniform" slots that cannot be worn or edited (or deleted).
  • carlosvzla28carlosvzla28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tell me a target I can shoot on Tribble, that's not in a queue (since they don't pop) wiseguy.

Edit: did a beta Thoridor:

[7:30] [Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance - Wide Beam deals 63212 (44890) Phaser Damage to Rival Negh'Var Warship.

That better? And not a crit.

that means they fix the lance??? :):D
    edited March 2014
    Just tested on tribble and was able to overlap all 3 team abilities with no problems. This is a bit too much. Why wouldnt somebody just run 2x ET and constantly heal +8k hit-points every 15 seconds? or do the same with ST?

May I suggest, split the various heals into buff vs cleanse vs repair. So you can do things like Emergency Power to X is a buff with minor cleanse and repair, while Sci abilities mostly cleanse with minor buff and repair, while the Team abilities do large repair but with minor buff and cleanse.

This is the future of STO, unkillable targets, fail subnukes, and sci boff skills that get set back to junk status with all the ET+ST spamming.

Cryptic, stop the insanity!
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Here's a thought for a "proper" revamp of the Galaxy line:

Use the tech from the "Dyson Science Destroyers" changing from Science Mode to Tactical Mode, and apply it to all Galaxy Class-type ships, in the form of an "Exploration Mode" or "Tactical Mode", with the Exploration Mode having the Commander Engineer (and Comm Array-abilities), and the Tactical Mode reducing the Commander Engineer to Lt Commander (and loss of Comm Array-abilities), and upgrading your Lt Commander Tactical to Commander.

Personally, i'd see the application of all 3 modes (Exploration, Science and Tactical) to properly show off the multi-role capabilities of the Galaxy line. But I suppose that might be too difficult to implement before STO's 10th Anniversary (if it survives that long).
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You seem to be the only one complaining.

I'll happily put a science team in with 2 tactical teams. It will help me against the Voth's Subtrollenic beam that supertrolls my ship.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Not so fast.

Okay, but how about a Galaxy X a la Science Destroyer, were you have Commander Engineering and a Lt C. Tactical and during saucer separation would swap station.

Would that be in the very near future like next week future?
    :D
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    • Resolved an issue which was causing some KDF captains to not be able to switch to all costumes slots.
    finally! this is the best news ever, assuming its true... i am jaded enough to suspect that all my broken outfits have merely been deleted and the underlying issue remains unresolved.
    • The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.
    well, i suppose i wont put any more effort into levelling that sci toon then.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    Galaxy: So. Not. Impressed.

I have an idea - lets make a new lobi ship even more powerful than the Scimitar, and wrap it in a galaxy class holo-generator!

Cause seriously - I was so excited to get the set. As in give you $$$$. Now, not so much.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hurleybird wrote: »
    I'm not sure what's more sad:

1. That you just completely broke PvP and made it possible for a team to rarely, if ever die
    2. That no one at Cryptic has the design sense to realize what a terrible call this is
    3. That I doubt there are enough serious PvPers left to care
    4. That I really don't mind any more, because a huge part of me never wants to be lured back into this constant disappointment of a game, and stuff like this makes that less and less likely.

BACK OFF!

You lot ain't getting your way this time. Every time we turn around you PvP'ers complain about something and it gets nerfed to hell. It's not only nerfed for PvP, it also ends up being nerfed for PvE.

I never PvP and I'm getting sick and tired of having to find ways to compensate for the nerfs because I'm getting my rear handed to me in PvE content. Now it's the PvP'er's turn to figure out how to cope with the changes. Learn to deal with it, just us PvE'ers have had to do. A small minority group of players shouldn't be allowed to dictate how the game plays for all of us with the majority being ignored.

DEAL WITH IT!
    edited March 2014
    The fix as written does not seem to have fixed any of my unusable outfits. My Klingon male, Trill female, and Romulan Alien female all still have multipie "additional uniform" slots that cannot be worn or edited (or deleted).

one of my kdf has 2 of those as well, didn't bother to check that. so, great lot of help that 'fix' is. strangly enough i have a normal amount of usable uniform slots, and some extra clone eye sores slots too. at least im not jiped out of some slots
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BACK OFF!

You lot ain't getting your way this time. Every time we turn around you PvP'ers complain about something and it gets nerfed to hell. It's not only nerfed for PvP, it also ends up being nerfed for PvE.

I never PvP and I'm getting sick and tired of having to find ways to compensate for the nerfs because I'm getting my rear handed to me in PvE content. Now it's the PvP'er's turn to figure out how to cope with the changes. Learn to deal with it, just us PvE'ers have had to do. A small minority group of players shouldn't be allowed to dictate how the game plays for all of us with the majority being ignored.

DEAL WITH IT!

i am dealing with it on star citizen ;)
    in any case, i think your post highlights the root of cryptics problem quite well.
    edited March 2014

You want to survive in PvE? Get all the defense rep passives, and embassy ShS sci consoles -Th. Then add fleet [Acc]x2 weapons and vulnerability locator consoles. Fly a Scimitar. FAW the hell out of everything in the game in seconds.

Getting back to the conversation. This while team ability change is horrible and should be kept out.
  • maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    • The shared cooldown between "Team" powers of different careers has been removed.

I screamed in delight so loud I woke my neighbor's dog.

Best patch in MONTHS. Thank you, Cryptic.

Cheers!
  • jhighfilljhighfill Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I pvp for my daily dil. end up on the wrong side of a pre-maid team. what difference does it make if I am killed in 10 seconds or 30 seconds. as far as 2 equal premaids. team with the most skill wins. I really don't see a problem except you will have to work a little to take down a pug one on one.