test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Shuttle & Lobi Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

Comments

• cocobaleadascocobaleadas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hell YEAH!
    Thanks PWE/Cryptic!! for making this awesome game better!

Long Live and Prosper Star Trek Online!!!
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    capemike4 wrote: »
    Yay, more free stuff! :D

Don't see why everyone's upset about Arc, frankly...never had a problem with it myself since starting STO last October, and it's not even a significant stress on my system, according to Task Manager.... *shrug*

It isn't that bad. Some people are exaggerating. This has nothing to do with Skynet or HAARP. :)
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, we already have launcher that is not necessary for running the game, you can just log in ingame login form and play.
    But if ARC is going to bring new people to my favorite and only MMO that i play, and if they make it silent in background without taking to much of my CPU or network traffic than go for it.
    Make it functional, it already has nice UI, give us something even better, like ingame mail for all PWE games, or something that is functional and i will even keep it running after i am done with the game.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, we already have launcher that is not necessary for running the game, you can just log in ingame login form and play.
    But if ARC is going to bring new people to my favorite and only MMO that i play, and if they make it silent in background without taking to much of my CPU or network traffic than go for it.
    Make it functional, it already has nice UI, give us something even better, like ingame mail for all PWE games, or something that is functional and i will even keep it running after i am done with the game.

An in-game mail (think you meant in client mail) wouldn't work or some fancy ui either. I hate perfect world entertainment. Just because i play star trek doesnt mean i like them, and I'd never touch any of their other games. When I first played Atari was the publisher.I also don't appreciate the - if you use this client (arc) we give you something. That just doesn't sit well with me. It's a bribe. Why not give the stuff to the loyal fans that made this game what it is without arc if it's not a big deal?
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the Shuttle!

My Engineering teams will be giving it a thorough checkup before launch!

Regulations, you understand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00vsmpUpqo
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Other than advertising other Perfect World games that we have NO interest in playing, does ARC offer the STO ONLY players ANY advantage other than making us HACK thru yet more loading screens?

I fired STEAM for that reason. Why on Earth would I want to go thru 3 or more loading screens that filled with pop ups and garbage just to get to STO?

One icon, one loading screen is quite sufficient.
  • mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Was hoping for the JHAS:P -- Hint Hint Hint:D
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    An in-game mail (think you meant in client mail) wouldn't work or some fancy ui either. I hate perfect world entertainment. Just because i play star trek doesnt mean i like them, and I'd never touch any of their other games. When I first played Atari was the publisher.I also don't appreciate the - if you use this client (arc) we give you something. That just doesn't sit well with me. It's a bribe. Why not give the stuff to the loyal fans that made this game what it is without arc if it's not a big deal?

I understand you, i also only play STO and i am really not interesting in anything else, PWE game or not.
    I would work, you are already logged in with your ingame user/pass, that means you can pull any data form database there, it was just an example, ingame mail, i would love to know if my item was sold without having to log in to the game just to check mail, or do i have any mail form my fleet...
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    squadalaxd wrote: »
    **** Arc. Pathetic bribes.

100% agree. But I don't know what's more pathetic, the bribes, ARC itself or all the stupid people falling for the bribes or fawning over ARC like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I once heard a successful businessman say the secret to your business succeeding is to prey on the general stupidity of the average person. Looks like PWE/Cryptic is going to be wildly successful, based on the number of people here who have jumped on the ARC bandwagon of stupidity.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • shmojoshmojo Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    While I agree that ARC is pretty much not needed, I have had no problems with it so far. However, I do find it useful for when I want to play STO but have games to update on Steam.
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Because they don't care what the haters say.

BTW, thanks for the free stuff!
    capemike4 wrote: »
    Yay, more free stuff! :D

Don't see why everyone's upset about Arc, frankly...never had a problem with it myself since starting STO last October, and it's not even a significant stress on my system, according to Task Manager.... *shrug*
    Hell YEAH!
    Thanks PWE/Cryptic!! for making this awesome game better!

Long Live and Prosper Star Trek Online!!!

These messages brought to you by PWE/Cryptic. Copyright 2014. All Rights Reserved.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is just mean. No, I am not downloading ARC. Yes, I am pissed. The bribes, the everything--they do not change the simple fact that ARC is ****.

Also, I couldn't even read the article due to a massive blank gray block that covered most of the screen.

Public relations fail, guys. PR fail.
    edited February 2014
    they'd never give the non arc users anything.
  • urmuz1urmuz1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've installed ARC to get the prize and tried to play something; what happens? my joystick does not react at all. It seems Xpadder does work under ARC; this game already has poor joystick support. Well, to conclude: i will bypass ARC for now, and hope it won't get to be mandatory.
    Not an ARC user
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    they'd never give the non arc users anything.

I can only asume that's sarcasm or you missed the giveaway event a fortnight ago.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for more free items.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    This is just mean. No, I am not downloading ARC. Yes, I am pissed. The bribes, the everything--they do not change the simple fact that ARC is ****.

Also, I couldn't even read the article due to a massive blank gray block that covered most of the screen.

Public relations fail, guys. PR fail.

Oh, grow up... They give away free stuff all the time through a variety of means. They offer a Doff for going to the Conventions, a bunch of giveaways if you participate in the Twitch casts, etc. Using Arc is just another method. If you don't want to use it, then don't. If you don't use it, or don't even try the other means to get free stuff, then that's on you.
    edited February 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    I can only asume that's sarcasm or you missed the giveaway event a fortnight ago.

no i didn't miss that event. those "giveaways" were craptastic.
    edited February 2014
    odinfish wrote: »
    Oh, grow up... They give away free stuff all the time through a variety of means. They offer a Doff for going to the Conventions, a bunch of giveaways if you participate in the Twitch casts, etc. Using Arc is just another method. If you don't want to use it, then don't. If you don't use it, or don't even try the other means to get free stuff, then that's on you.

This message is brought to you by PWE/Cryptic. Copyright 2014. All Rights Reserved.

... Sorry Oldschool, I had to use your line. :)
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So why didn't Smirk post this? Did he not have the lobes for it?
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you're never even going to look at Arc, how do you know if it's going to be good or bad?

My experience was poor, to be sure - I'm running on an antiquated computer, and it simply could not support the additional load - but I can also testify from personal experience that it's more likely to be my system than Arc. (My wife got a Dell XPS-12 for Christmas; it runs both STO and CO through Arc beautifully.)

On the gripping hand, I didn't dismiss Arc until I tried it. (I also tried Steam at the same time; when I'd given Steam a shot a while back, I had issues similar to my Arc issues, but they seem to have improved the software since, as I can run through Steam with nary an issue. Playing through either Steam or Arc also restores the sound that stopped working on my plain STO launcher back around the time the new Klingon content came online.) Perhaps you could have the same courtesy?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh my God, how obvious does this have to be? They don't come out with a concise disclosure of the functionality of the software or any announcement of their future plans. No they just wave shiny baubles under your nose. Does no-one find this the least bit unusual?
    Hey little boy, want some candy? Un F-ing believable.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Es gibt immer neue Bauern...
    orangeitis wrote: »
    So why didn't Smirk post this? Did he not have the lobes for it?

I think he still has some humanity in him
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I will try Arc and provide feedback, when we are promised it will be optional and not having to run all time when playing STO. Like I've said before.
    signwidrona.png
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thx for the freebie (even if it was one shuttle). But still not using ARC. :P

Installed on my non-gaming machine, logged in fast enough to claim and get out.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Oh my God, how obvious does this have to be? They don't come out with a concise disclosure of the functionality of the software or any announcement of their future plans. No they just wave shiny baubles under your nose. Does no-one find this the least bit unusual?
    Hey little boy, want some candy? Un F-ing believable.

What's to disclose? Once Arc is out of beta testing it'll become -the- PWE launcher, serve double duty as a very limited browser and you can opt out of the data sharing.

It isn't much use if you only play one PWE game, I play three so it's vaguely handy.

I get that it's unpopular but I've seen the trend before (the NCSoft launcher comes to mind).
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Very nice, to get people to get Arc. I hadn't downloaded it to see how it works.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic gave me a free Ferengi Shuttle and 20 Lobi for using Arc to log in! Yay!

Now if only I had an actual Ferengi ship to use the shuttle with, because using a Ferengi shuttle with a Federation Starship is more backwards than Lt. Barclay making out with Doctor Crusher.

*tosses shuttle in the docking bay*
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow. I can't believe people are falling for Cryptic TRIBBLE. So Cryptic waves little candy treats and people run to it.

All Cryptic sees is $$$ from little people. Giving people a badly developed and buggy game that isn't Star Trek like.

So, Arc lovers thanks for approving. You make Cryptic happy and the marketing plow works.
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don't forget to strip the shields off of it before it gets "lost", lol.:D
This discussion has been closed.