test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Shuttle & Lobi Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow, the tinfoil hat brigade is out in force today, isn't it?

Yeah, that's right, you've figured out the secret - the Illuminati are going to data-mine every single computer in the world, using Arc no less, because they can just handle all that data so easily. And you're just such a special little snowflake that they can't wait to see what kind of weird TRIBBLE you're hiding in the depths of your hard drive. Good thing you're onto them - now they'll never be able to use your Harry Potter/Gandalf slashfic to take over the world!!

:rolleyes:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    We're pleased to announce that we are giving players who have downloaded and play STO through Arc a FREE Ferengi Na'Far and 20 Lobi Crystals! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

Mildly tempting but still gets a 'no' from me
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Wow, the tinfoil hat brigade is out in force today, isn't it?

Yeah, that's right, you've figured out the secret - the Illuminati are going to data-mine every single computer in the world, using Arc no less, because they can just handle all that data so easily. And you're just such a special little snowflake that they can't wait to see what kind of weird TRIBBLE you're hiding in the depths of your hard drive. Good thing you're onto them - now they'll never be able to use your Harry Potter/Gandalf slashfic to take over the world!!

:rolleyes:

The jonsills is on to us.... The jonsills must be silenced...

"Take this Twinkie, jonsills, and never speak of this again..."
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Keep the bribes coming, Cryptic. Since small craft have very little purpose in this game (you dug your own hole on that one, guys), I won't be taking advantage of this bribe.

Mildly tempting, up until I realized I had to redownload the entire game for a few hours after uninstalling Arc.

Having the best metaphasic shields for small craft is like having the best-looking cold sore on your upper lip.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Keep the bribes coming, Cryptic. Since small craft have very little purpose in this game (you dug your own hole on that one, guys), I won't be taking advantage of this bribe.

Mildly tempting, up until I realized I had to redownload the entire game for a few hours after uninstalling Arc.

Having the best metaphasic shields for small craft is like having the best-looking cold sore on your upper lip.

Psst - no you don't ;)

When you download the beta you can add the STO launcher to it that you already have downloaded and it reads it fine. :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So what good is this shield for? Or is this shuttle any good to use? Lord knows it's butt ugly.

If you use the effect it takes weapons and aux off line to go to shields...

Trying to figure out which toon to open the box with since it is only for 1 toon... would of been nice if they offered a unique basic shuttle with the console for account wide unlock.

edit: they need to offer up the bug ship folks keep asking for... that carrier pet. I am sure they will install and use Arc then.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you! Finally, a valid complaint, not someone trying to claim that the Chinese intelligence service is using an obscure gaming company to spy on their computer!

Apparently there's a workaround, but at least your objection isn't paranoid.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited February 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Psst - no you don't ;)

When you download the beta you can add the STO launcher to it that you already have downloaded and it reads it fine. :)

It wanted to cut and paste everything from STO into its own directory, and no matter how many times I tried moving directories around the launcher refused to do anything but try to redownload the entire game.

I think I spent a good four hours after grabbing my Khan outfit trying to get the launcher to recognize another directory after uninstalling Arc. I figured it was PWE trying to punish me for wanting to get rid of Arc.

"Here's your Khan uniform... Wow, that's a lovely STO directory you have taking up a lot of space... shame if anything happened to it. So, how do you like Arc now, huh?"
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow. I can't believe people are falling for Cryptic TRIBBLE. So Cryptic waves little candy treats and people run to it.

All Cryptic sees is $$$ from little people. Giving people a badly developed and buggy game that isn't Star Trek like.

So, Arc lovers thanks for approving. You make Cryptic happy and the marketing plow works.

Meh, who cares. It's free pixels. Either grab one or don't. No one gives a TRIBBLE about your personal principles.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We're pleased to announce that we are giving players who have downloaded and play STO through Arc a FREE Ferengi Na'Far and 20 Lobi Crystals! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.
    Thank you for making my grind a little easier.

I turned my lobi in for the Anniversary packs, which gave me 46 Qmendations for my ship.

Thank you.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It wanted to cut and paste everything from STO into its own directory, and no matter how many times I tried moving directories around the launcher refused to do anything but try to redownload the entire game.

I think I spent a good four hours after grabbing my Khan outfit trying to get the launcher to recognize another directory after uninstalling Arc. I figured it was PWE trying to punish me for wanting to get rid of Arc.

"Here's your Khan uniform... Wow, that's a lovely STO directory you have taking up a lot of space... shame if anything happened to it. So, how do you like Arc now, huh?"

At the lower left side there is an option to add game... you add an existing game and vollia you can launch your existing install of STO. You can copy and paste your game directory to a new temp folder if you like. If arc already has STO listed as a game it can launch... delete that entry... then add an existing game. It should let you navigate to the install directory/exe file of your choice.
    edited February 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Thank you! Finally, a valid complaint, not someone trying to claim that the Chinese intelligence service is using an obscure gaming company to spy on their computer!

Apparently there's a workaround, but at least your objection isn't paranoid.

That's ridiculous. I know better than to think of that.

Everyone knows it's the Freemasons and Lizard People who are going to use Arc to spy on me.

What, do you think I'm crazy or something? :P
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited February 2014
    That's ridiculous. I know better than to think of that.

Everyone knows it's the Freemasons and Lizard People who are going to use Arc to spy on me.

What, do you think I'm crazy or something? :P

Yes.

Because clearly ARC is an Iconian plot.

It's in your damn sig, for Worf's sake!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    At the lower left side there is an option to add game... you add an existing game and vollia you can launch your existing install of STO. You can copy and paste your game directory to a new temp folder if you like. If arc already has STO listed as a game it can launch... delete that entry... then add an existing game. It should let you navigate to the install directory/exe file of your choice.

I'm so glad Arc is designed to be as non-intrusive and non-convoluted as possible.

I might try that since the dilithium weekend is over with and I can afford to TRIBBLE around with downloading the entire game all over again if I mess something up.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, I got mine this afternoon. Was very happy to get the Lobi, as I was about 12 short of getting the new FE enviro suit.

Now, what to do with the shuttle? Who gets ro open it, my KDF/Sci(lvl 50), Fed-Rom/Tac(50), Fed/Tac(29), or Fed/Eng (50, my main, who happens to have the D'Kora)? Ignoring the asthetics, who will benefit the most?

It has occurred to me to roll a Ferengi, too bad I didn't do that before opening the D'Kora. That'd be fun...

EDIT: Ugh. Thread merges are always a little disorienting....
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Is the shuttle an account unlock?

I noticed the blog say it was account bound and can be moved around, but not state it is account unlocked once opened...

I believe that the shuttle is like a lock box ship, bound to the character that opens it only AND unreclaimable if dismissed.

20 lobi heh ? That's about one day of Qmendadtions no?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

edited February 2014
    mikoto123a wrote: »
    Was hoping for the JHAS:P -- Hint Hint Hint:D

I'd download it and LIKE, no LOVE it for a JHAS !

I'd even come on these forums and sing Perfect World's praises for the latest lock box offerings.

But for 20 lobi ? :rolleyes: Ummmmmmmmm NO..

I CAN be bought though, I'm just not on a blue light special.

• aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    maybe you missed the bit about "A player who has already obtained the Khan uniform". thats the bit that im not sure on. do i need arc or not?

wish this stuff wasnt stated this opaque.

Yes, you need ARC to get the free shuttle via ARC. Whether you ever got the Khan outfit or not, getting anything at any time via ARC requires ARC.

Clear enough, or do we need to draw some pictures?
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    personal principles.

I did not state anything personal. Don't you realize. The ship and lobi much is not worth much but Cryptic makes the giveaway seem great.

The current launcher is a launcher. Arc is for marketing, to push advertising and possibly a tool to collect information.

If you like that okay. Go for it. If someone trys to convince or bribes me to tell me a cat is a dog. I am going tell them its a cat, period.
  • kennymkcormickkennymkcormick Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    making us use there fancy launcher uh no thanks bai
    edited February 2014
    Okay, so apparently I didn't have to redownload the entire game after uninstalling Arc if I had picked the right copy of STO to add to Arc.

It was like choosing the right holy grail in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited February 2014
    I did not state anything personal. Don't you realize. The ship and lobi much is not worth much but Cryptic makes the giveaway seem great.

The current launcher is a launcher. Arc is for marketing, to push advertising and possibly a tool to collect information.

If you like that okay. Go for it. If someone trys to convince or bribes me to tell me a cat is a dog. I am going tell them its a cat, period.

Who the hell cares if ARC is for adverts? I get adverts pushed at me on Youtube and TV and even freaking riding the subway. Why would I be bothered with adverts while gaming? I'm not gonna buy anything anyway. I'm on ARC solely to get free stuff. There is no precedent set that's going to convince Cryptic that I will be buying anything.

And what information are they collecting? There is nothing on your computer Cryptic actually gives a TRIBBLE about. "Oh this person likes playing STO and he has a folder on his desktop marked "NOT Adult movies", we have the fast track to his wallet now!"

You make it personal by pretending that ARC is this freaking all seeing Skynet deity that will run your life. It's just a freaking launcher. You're not Neo going against the Matrix if you don't download ARC. If you want some free shuttle, download ARC and only log in when there is a giveaway and use the Desktop shortcut to STO the rest of the time.

You can sit there and pretend you're Picard and keep screaming that there are five lights all you like, but everyone else around you doesn't give a TRIBBLE. They're taking the free pens from the Gul's desk anyway.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have been wanting this shuttle for my Ferengi captain. I have the Lobi for it from the store and the EC for it from the exchange. Now I don't have to buy it either way. Thank you Cryptic.
    edited February 2014
    Okay, so apparently I didn't have to redownload the entire game after uninstalling Arc if I had picked the right copy of STO to add to Arc.

It was like choosing the right holy grail in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Choose wisely :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtcZv89Hspk

edited February 2014

I know how that guy felt watching the progress meter on my STO launcher.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd download it and LIKE, no LOVE it for a JHAS !

I'd even come on these forums and sing Perfect World's praises for the latest lock box offerings.

But for 20 lobi ? :rolleyes: Ummmmmmmmm NO..

I CAN be bought though, I'm just not on a blue light special.

Same here. I agree with this 100%.
    edited February 2014
    You can sit there and pretend you're Picard and keep screaming that there are five lights all you like.

Actually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eSwq1ewsU

There are FOUR lights. ;)

• anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tried to install Arc on the desktop to get the freebies but oh man, I've never seen anything as bugged as this before. The graphics are totally messed up, and I see the http code everywhere. Also there is an error of some .dll not being compatible with windows. LOL beta indeed. It won't even start my dl for STO either when I log into it. What a mess...

If... no WHEN this becomes mandatory I might not be able to play sto anymore. lol

Edit: I tried it on my laptop now and there it runs fine. Go figure...
    Actually:

"Sur le pond d'Avignon..." :P
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
    edited February 2014
    Actually:

Five.

Don't forget the desk lamp.

*touches desk lamp*

AND HE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE OTHER ONES!

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have the shuttle box, but my ship slots are full. Now I have to spend 500 zen to unpack it.
    You guys are evil! :P

Let's hope there still are a lot of people not trying it so the bribe will get even better. :D
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
This discussion has been closed.