test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Shuttle & Lobi Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

Comments

• kadvelkadvel Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gibboni wrote: »
    I installed ARC to get the kahn uniform and only used it again to get the ferengi shuttle, however I can see myself only using in those two events because my windows experience index is a lousy 3.3 so for STO to run even somewhat decently I can't have any other programs running and must avoid high population areas in game like the sphere, ESD and deferi.

On a unrelated note if anyone knows how I can get the game to run faster with out spending a lot please let me know.

Easy. Buy a new video card.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Watching Star Trek V and I ask myself: "What does a STO player need with Arc software?"

Because they don't care what the haters say.

BTW, thanks for the free stuff!
  • drbiteydrbitey Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    *sigh* More bribes? Now I've got to install and uninstall the bloody thing again...

March 31st? So... April 1st for Arc to become mandatory? Well, pretty good date for a joke of an app...

I guess I'll be moving to Steam on that date as well.

i agree i see no use for such a program, i only play sto. it uses part of the "performace" of my computer to advertise stuff to me. I try my best to avoid ads and marketing as i feel its kinda out of control, everywhere. I avoided steam, would like to avoid this also. please leave some sort of exception so i can keep their ads out of my home. thx-

P.s. i don not minds ads for the games i play (sto)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    drbitey wrote: »
    i agree i see no use for such a program, i only play sto. it uses part of the "performace" of my computer to advertise stuff to me. I try my best to avoid ads and marketing as i feel its kinda out of control, everywhere. I avoided steam, would like to avoid this also. please leave some sort of exception so i can keep their ads out of my home. thx-

P.s. i don not minds ads for the games i play (sto)

if you're only playing STO, then the only "ads" you're seeing are for STO.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    March is too close to be part of the "significant period of time" part, although plans could change, but I find it highly unlikely at this time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

In other words: 'this is what i'm telling you now but you can't necessarily believe it because we could change that, but its 'highly unlikely' that we will'

To put it even simpler: 'this is what i'm saying but don't hold me to it

That kind of doublespeak is the reason nobody trusts cryptics claims anymore
    IMHO, if Arc was worth its weight in salt, Cryptic/PWE wouldn't need to be making all of these offers/bribes to get people to d'load it.

This. and on an unrelated note....D'Load would be an amusing Romulan name
    They are not bribes. We we were always promised gifts along the way. These were promised when ARC was first launched 05/31/13

No, they are bribes, by the very concept of the term. Claiming otherwise just insults peoples intelligence and makes you look like you're either not too bright or making excuses for them. Neither is a good thing. I suggest you never try this kind of logic with a cop
    I don't think it is a stupid idea. The player base can't seem to resist a power creep. The Arc icon on the buff tags would double as advertising. We get a new trait. And people still dont have to use arc but the community pressure would be huge.

For PWE it would be a huge win.

I think the fact that you think it is a stupid idea tells me it would work on you.

So...your idea of logic is that someone calls it a stupid idea, because it is, and that somehow means they are in favor of it? Your statement makes no sense whatsoever. If anything you just insulted his intelligence. Its not advertising, its exploitation and its an idiotic idea
    Would you use arc if there was a passive trait you get only when you use arc?

No, that is idiotic and exploiting players
    Can anyone please post HOW MANY lobbis are we talking about? Big difference from "1" to "100"....thanks

Read the blog before you post
    Watching Star Trek V and I ask myself: "What does a STO player need with Arc software?"

...and then brandon appears and fires his eye lightning at you
    Because they don't care what the haters say.

calling someone a hater is what you do when you have no argument of any kind and want to belittle someone. its also ghetto speech and doesn't usually reflect well on people
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still not interested. Still NO to arc.
  • solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    Not like 20 Lobi is enough to buy anything good, but thanks anyway.
    I'm sure I'll find some small use for the shuttle, I suppose.

I laughed hard at this one. We really need a "Best Post of the Day" button in the Forums.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    As with the Khan uniforms. A quick install - claim - uninstall - CPU scrub - done.

Thamk you cryptic for a free shuttle and lobi, on top of the giveaway and lobi event.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hey bran, bit confused here:
    A player who has already obtained the Khan uniform can also obtain the shuttle/ Lobi.

does that mean i can get the shuttle and lobi without needing to install ARC as i already got the khan uniform from before? if thats the case where do i go to "trigger" the shuttle and lobi to head into my inv?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm i did not mean lobi shuttle i ment a lobi ship no deal branflakes uf u wont me to down load arc it has to be a free lobi ship. Lmao

Just say no to ARC its a trap lol
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2014

does that mean i can get the shuttle and lobi without needing to install ARC as i already got the khan uniform from before? if thats the case where do i go to "trigger" the shuttle and lobi to head into my inv?

You still need ARC to claim the shuttle, because it's automatic as soon as you log onto your first character.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Glad I didn't already buy this shuttle.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Read the title of this topic: "...via Arc" :)
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All I needed to know....well just the "via Arc" bit really. No, no and no thank you.. No amount of bribery is going to get me to willfully download and install Arc. Got as much chance as me getting a lockbox ship :).

/\ This I don't need the shuttle and even if it is the best shuttle in the game I still would not download it as I am against ARC since the first announcement. So for the people who make arc can take the ferengi shuttle and Khan uniforms and shove it where the sun doesnt shine.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When the Lobi store first started, that shuttle was 800 lobi. I bought it. Shortly after, they lowered shuttles to 300 lobi. I was pretty ticked off. Now it's free. Now really ticked off lol
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    damix4 wrote: »
    Read the title of this topic: "...via Arc" :)

maybe you missed the bit about "A player who has already obtained the Khan uniform". thats the bit that im not sure on. do i need arc or not?

wish this stuff wasnt stated this opaque.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think I'll pass and just buy the ship off the exchange ;)

Nice try tho.

I feel sorrry about the ones that dearly want this shuttle but cant afford it with other means :(

Say NO to arc! :)

Say no to steam as well btw, Ive been playing since Beta and never ran it tru any third party client. Just as it should be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    therealmt wrote: »

Nice try tho.

Thanks for the advice, it was there for 15 mil. Better than installing Arc.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Feels like we're playing "Let's Make A Deal".
    First, an outfit...
    Now, a shuttle...
    Next, what's gonna be behind Curtain #3!? :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    When the Lobi store first started, that shuttle was 800 lobi. I bought it. Shortly after, they lowered shuttles to 300 lobi. I was pretty ticked off. Now it's free. Now really ticked off lol

Ouch. At least I only paid 300, just to activate its autopilot into the nearest star, when i realized how utterly bad it was. -Not even beautifully made, as far as Ferengi tech goes that is.

I guess... I might do it again for fun.
    /Floozy
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We're pleased to announce that we are giving players who have downloaded and play STO through Arc a FREE Ferengi Na'Far and 20 Lobi Crystals! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

Hy there BF :eek:

Nice gifts.
    I have no problem using ARC, no matter what people say the game itself can spyware as well as arc if PWE wants, but as long as arc is buggy like this... no.
    I have opened threat for devs http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=997371 and nobody from cryptic team answered me so far, and still now i have massive lag when using arc.

When they fix all issues with arc, i am all for it.
    GO GO ARC :D
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    therealmt wrote: »

Nice try tho.

I feel sorrry about the ones that dearly want this shuttle but cant afford it with other means :(

Say NO to arc! :)

Say no to steam as well btw, Ive been playing since Beta and never ran it tru any third party client. Just as it should be.

As with the Khan uniforms. A quick install - claim - uninstall - CPU scrub - done.

See free stuff AND no ARC.
    No need to feel sorry, it doesn't take long to install or remove.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hy there BF :eek:

I just had to comment on your sig.

It's spelled 'Praetor.'
    As in pray-tor, not pre-a-tor or pree-tor.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    edited February 2014
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    I just had to comment on your sig.

It's spelled 'Praetor.'
    As in pray-tor, not pre-a-tor or pree-tor.

I know, miss spell that a while ago, when i created the sig, i am to lazy to fix that and dont have the original PSD file anymore.
    Some day
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I know, miss spell that a while ago, when i created the sig, i am to lazy to fix that and dont have the original PSD file anymore.
    Some day

Ah. I hate it when I lose originals. It took me a second to read that.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • kazapskykazapsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thumbs down. I don't care how many goodies they bundle into it or how many sorry attempts to defend their pet snooper, Arc will NEVER be installed on my computer. Period.

So many dodged questions, so many bribes handed out ... PWE is only digging itself deeper. Either lay out ALL of Arc's capabilities, no more sandbagging, or just admit you're trying to play NSA at your corporate office.
    Arc is garbage. End of discussion.
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am sure the day is coming where they bundle something with Arc that practically makes it mandatory.

Squeeze tactic 101.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
    edited February 2014
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Ah. I hate it when I lose originals. It took me a second to read that.

Found it :)
    Thanks, i probably wouldn't notice. English is not my native lan. (it is not english word but we say PRETOR)

OK, no more spam from me, back to do subject.

2nhfgxf.jpg
  • capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yay, more free stuff! :D

Don't see why everyone's upset about Arc, frankly...never had a problem with it myself since starting STO last October, and it's not even a significant stress on my system, according to Task Manager.... *shrug*
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
This discussion has been closed.