test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Universe event

Comments

• thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Second, you obviously do not know how make money in-game.

Mo toons = Mo Money/Minerals/Catfood/etc

Sometimes, I don't have time to grind that too.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • beefydegreebeefydegree Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do agree with mercenary4hire. That's one thing they shouldn't change. Playing the campaign over and over does get BORING. And, someone like my self, that has to work on the Weekends, doesn't seem totally fair. I wished they have really took that in considersion. If someone didn't complain about this, who will? Glad that I'm not the only one see this as an issue. Having 2 other toons, this does make this a lot harder to level them up, or using the Exp to fill in the Rep System. There a lot of people that WORKS on the weekend. I can understand, there are some of the Events that doesn't get used to all often. But, I do hope, that there getting these complaints, to solve this one issue. I mean, we already Grind and Grind for our Rep System. Im not saying it should be easy. But, there are a lot more people with Diffent Off days, then just the weekend. Just pointing that out. And me personally, I don't see what its all about have to do with money. And who spends the most. That shouldn't matter. That's just my 2 cents. I'm pretty much sure that other people don't care how much you spend. What is the issue that is brought up, is what counts.
  • beefydegreebeefydegree Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why wouldnt I complain? They removed something that was in the game since I started playing! A completely irrational decision!
    mikefl wrote: »
    I am in the same boat as far as wanting mirror back if only as a daily wrapper that gives you an hour to complete as much has you can. I don't like the idea that it used for leveling instead of playing content. My problem is after you reach level 50 and played the content and still have the reps and starbase projects that call for XP and you have no decent way of earning it at end game.

It costs approx 45k XP/day to do the reps on one toon. Mission replays usually award 4k per mission... that's 12 replays for one day per toon. I don't care about dilithium from it. Ultimately I would like to see all end game content giving decent XP so you don't have to chase it down and do things like Mirror in the first place. I hated waiting for the stupid event. Any other game awards XP for playing content regardless of the content. I basically have put on hold reputation on 8 of my toons until something changes.

Glad you see it too. You have a very good point towards that. Im saying the same thing. Glad that were not the only one see that as an issue. I don't care about the Dilithium its the exp for StarBases, and other Rep system that needs it. That why some of that WORKS FOR A LIVING are complaing about this.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've just hit that point myself. I've gone through all of the story content, trained all of my boffs, and i'm on the last tier of all of the Reps, but tomorrow i won't be able to continue all of the reps because i'm out of Expertise because everything costs too much. Doing story or Queued missions takes way too long for me to be able to earn the Expertise to do all of the rep missions. It seems like taking away the calendar was just another way to extend the horrible grind even further.

The Mirror event was the best option for people that can't be logged in all day playing. Taking away the calendar BEFORE making suitble replacements was a stupid move on Cryptic's part, but considering the debacle that is the "Free" anniversary ship and how you get the full Dyson set, i really doubt they care about the players. Too many terrible decisions from Cryptic has ruined this anniversary, and if it keeps up, the game.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited February 2014
    Primarily used the MU event to speed level characters, but the 2nd reason was replacing XP using on the Rep systems especially once you get to 50 you may have the dilith, marks and commodities, but without the xp no new shiny omega rep toys. If its coming back as a CE type que I'll be happy. Older characters XP isn't an issue but at 64k xp for 1 piece of mk xii omega :eek: I've had to use some fleet gear to make up the difference on several newer characters, overall I'm interested to see what they can do with an improved MU event.

Although another Double XP weekend would be appreciated in the meantime as March seems like a long ways away.

Happy Hunting all, and watch out for Undine in disguise :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mehlindemehlinde Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Have some fleet mates super irritated that Mirror universe event "seems" to have gone away.

Need some sort of answer please to know if its coming back in some shape or form?
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    its being reworked from the ground up into a CE type event.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I thought that event wasn't announced yet Revo?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I thought that event wasn't announced yet Revo?

Geko said it in an interview. I dont know the details, he just said its being reworked and will be like CE.
    edited February 2014
    What's CE mean?
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Geko said it in an interview. I dont know the details, he just said its being reworked and will be like CE.

Ah okay. Interesting.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So a que abled mission I take it? Thank god as it is a much needed source of xp for my fleet.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah scratching my head as well. What was the reason of this change, and why arent there any events going on at all anymore? There were plenty of people playing in the queues each day, also outside of the weekend. It makes no sense.

Another bad decision made by Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's gone just now when I am about to make a new toon... sigh
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mehlinde wrote: »
    What's CE mean?

crystalline entity
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    its being reworked from the ground up into a CE type event.

Another reputation? Yay...
    edited February 2014
    The purpose, more or less, of mirror incursion is for people to level their alt characters. Not everyone wants to go through all the episodes over and over. So whatever they come up with needs to have the exp bonus.
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If it's going to be like CE then the rewards for this will mostlikely be a bunch of dilithium and some doff, most likely a Terran Empire soldier.
    y1arXbh.png

• jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank goodness I have some unbound 8-hour 20% xp bonuses saved up. Should make running my upcoming Fed Engie alt easier.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They're turning into another competitive 'how can I TRIBBLE my teammates?' mission? Greeeaaat. :(
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How much like the CE are we talking? Hope they really up the rewards or something if it's only going to be 1 run per 30 minutes. Thanks for stalling out all of my rep projects, Craptic. *sigh* >.> If anyone knows a way I can get 15K exp in 3 - 5 minutes, like I could with the MU, then let me know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dnaangel9dnaangel9 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think the whole thing with the events and calendar was not one of Cryptics best decisions. Idk why they just couldn't do the Calendar events in addition to the hourly events such as Mirror and Bonus marks. I think the weekend wide events like bonus Dil are great, but not everyone has the ability to play all the time and what if they cannot log into the game that weekend due to real life issues? Then they have to wait another 3 weeks to gain any bonuses? I know ALOT of people that relied on those hourly events to plan around and set their clock by so they could benefit with a limited play schedule.

Just when Cryptic was on a ball, they pull some dumb **** like that.

The biggest issue being experienced right now is filling rep projects with exp. This is a non-issue for those that have established toons with a surplus of exp already, but start a new toon and you will see what I mean. The exclusion of Mirror has crippled this. Having to fill 6.5 projects a day (almsot 50k exp needed) with no additional exp gains are really taxing my new liberated borg toon. This issue will only be exaggerated even more when the projected PvP rep system is released in S9 (unless they adapt the style found in the Dyson rep, +1 to cryptic on that)

Yea, you get exp from missions but the average amount of exp gained per missions is 3500-4000. Meaning you now need to grind for even more hours a day in just to be able to fill projects for a day, as opposed to just running 1-2 Mirrors a week and not worrying about it. I have since completely abandoned the 800xp projects in favor of just running the 2k exp ones just to be able to keep it somewhat manageable. I haven't heard any QQing about this just yet, but wait till more ppl make new toons and/or a new faction is released. MAJOR ranting will be in order.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the mirror event is being reworked right now, it iwll be coming back.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My response may be ridiculously unpopular, but at the end of the day people exploited mirror universe so much I was actually surprised Cryptic didnt give it a CD during the event time.

I knew groups on the KDF side that could do the whole thing in about 90 seconds flat. Do the math, thats about 40 runs in a one hour period of time.

Awful lot of dilithium and XP there, and it was so widespread I knew people that worked morning hours that would get up early just to do it if it was overnight.

Quite possibly the most borked thing there ever was in the game and I am glad it is gone. It was good for leveling characters, sure, but the VA queues were rampant with exploitation.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i not sure but i could be wrong but my guess is that it is cryptics idea to try to make the time it takes us to do a certain thing longer and longer wether it be personal rep or fleet projects.
    there has been so many times i have seen players complain by saying `well all my personal rep is T5 and i have all the gear i want, all the fleet holdings are completed, so what do i do now? im bored.`
    maybe this is cryptics attempt to solve this problem.
    all well and good for large fleets but this is crippleing for small fleets.
    to this i have no answer.
    maybe they should make it that you cant form a fleet without a certain amount of players say 50 or maybe they should allow smaller fleets but say the cannot work on projects till they have a certain amount of players.
    of course there is still the problem of players who have a large number of alts all of them joined to the same fleet, a fleet might appear to have 200 members where in reality they only have 20 or 30 and neaturally 1 person can only play so long no matter how many characters he has.
    its all very confusing indeed, do you know what would be good to do to keep players occupied for much longer amounts of time with a goal to work towards and fresh new content on a regular basis, i sure dont.

or maybe cryptic see that hardly anyone was bennifiting from the system as it was and just scrapped it in favour of a system that looked like it would bennifit more players.
    who can tell i think we need to give the new system a chance see if its better or worse then the old one this could take 6 months or a year before we can truely turn arround and say i knew that system would not work or maybe we just might say this new system is so much better then the old system, who'd of thought it?

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think they should bring it back with an hour cooldown and regular expertise - Just so I can taste the tears of rage from those who don't seem to realise there's a whole game out there, rather than just a single very simple STF.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Either bring it back or drastically increase the miserly XP gained from replay. The lack of XP for new toons doing a rep system is horrendous and just wait till you try to buy a piece of armour with 64K XP needed for each part.

or we could just take things easy for a while and just do a few fun things here and there and then just wait till they have double XP weekend and then play like crazy for 5 days.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

edited February 2014
    My response may be ridiculously unpopular, but at the end of the day people exploited mirror universe so much I was actually surprised Cryptic didnt give it a CD during the event time.

I knew groups on the KDF side that could do the whole thing in about 90 seconds flat. Do the math, thats about 40 runs in a one hour period of time.

Awful lot of dilithium and XP there, and it was so widespread I knew people that worked morning hours that would get up early just to do it if it was overnight.

Quite possibly the most borked thing there ever was in the game and I am glad it is gone. It was good for leveling characters, sure, but the VA queues were rampant with exploitation.

These are good points, I too thought that Mirror was over-exploited, but there are other ways to go about it. Cryptic I believe knew that, that is why there was less Mirror events opposed to how they were not long ago (a mirror event 2-3 times a day). I say make it a permanent event/mission like other PvE qued missions and give it a 30 or 60 min CD. This allows it to go without being exploited and players that dont have the luxury to play all day, the ability to use it effectively.
    edited February 2014
    or we could just take things easy for a while and just do a few fun things here and there and then just wait till they have double XP weekend and then play like crazy for 5 days.

True, but what about those that cannot get on during those/these Event Weekends? They are just SoL? That/This is kind of a slap in the face for those of us like me that have been around since Season 2 and earlier and have also spent money in the game as well as purchased Lifetime sub's.

In response to your first post. There is a clear difference between a worthwhile grind and pointless one. Whether you have a ton of free time or not, no one is going to want to grind endlessly for months on end just to get anywhere. There is nothing wrong with a little grind or even moderate amount of it, but there is a balancing act in play between just enough and way too much. Cryptic is undoubtedly creating a endless grind-fest in order to "prolong the life of the game". Sadly, that mindset is tainted as that is the formula that pushes players away, not create new ones.

gonalius wrote: »
    I think they should bring it back with an hour cooldown and regular expertise - Just so I can taste the tears of rage from those who don't seem to realise there's a whole game out there, rather than just a single very simple STF.

EXACTLY! Idk how many times I've said this... All people know to do is STF STF STF. There are alot of good things in STO to do. It is also human nature to become bored. If you are bored in a game, how about turn it off and do something constructive, or hell play a different game?

The main issue with most of STO's PvE content is, it is face-roll easy. There is no need for a proper team composition, no need for players to fill proper roles in order to get through a mission, no push for real teamwork, nothing. This is why i primarily PvP. Yes, it is somewhat broken, lax and repetitive. But, PvP gives what all other STO cannot, a challenge. Why is PvP in the state it is? Why does most of the community not partake in it? Yes, not everyone likes to PvP, but it is also because there is no incentive to do so. No reward system, No drop system, No evolving content and nothing but a pat on the back from team members to show for a hard match well fought.

PvP aside, IF Cryptic ever made PvE like other MMO's, where you need teamwork, proper team compositions and players to actually play their role, then STO as we know it would crash. So many players aimlessly running "Whatever" builds, TRIBBLE gear and lack of knowledge on how missions even work. There is no need to try, so players don't bother with doing so. Yes, I know people deal with BS day in and day out in their everyday lives and don't want to login just to do the same. But how much effort is it really to figure out how a mission works, how to make a better build and be a better player/teammate?
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I agree that the exploitation on the dilithium was a bad idea on Cryptic's part, but the amount of exp needed to be used to fill fleet projects boy did those vast runs come in major handy, now it's gone for awhile making it quite difficult to get the exp needed.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!