test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Universe event

Comments

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You need the mirror event to level? really? How in the hell have a leveled 4 characters total to 50, have two with T5 on all reps, a third at t4 on all reps and have never bothered with the Mirror Invasion event even once?
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As many have said, it only takes a matter of days to reach 50, so that's not really an issue (Except that many of the missions are tedious and HORRIBLY boring...). The bonus expertice will be missed however.
    y1arXbh.png

• abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I say kill it completely, let them actually grind like most of us did in the beginning. I remember DSE's were packed with those trying to level from it.

Most want it back so it can be exploited. KILL IT and get it over with! :eek:
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Even though I don't need Mirror Invasion for the XP, it was a nice event to get some quick Dilithium.

It will be interesting to see what changes they make to the event when it does return.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • tarrennistarrennis Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No one has said how they have leveled characters quickly without Mirror Invasion. Start listing the fastest ways you have used. Plus, I currently need more expertise.

My new character is level 19, and I would like to get to level 50 in the next 3 days, but I can't play the game for hours on end each day. I need a quicker way.
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We need red racing stripes on our starships, so that we can travel through space faster.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tarrennis wrote: »
    No one has said how they have leveled characters quickly without Mirror Invasion. Start listing the fastest ways you have used. Plus, I currently need more expertise.

My new character is level 19, and I would like to get to level 50 in the next 3 days, but I can't play the game for hours on end each day. I need a quicker way.

Well, I get more than enough experience for hte rep projects just running eSTF's and marks queues to get the marks for the projects. Frankly if anything is ever a bottle neck in rep grinds for me, it's Rom and Nukara marks. Especially Rom, usually because I don't care for much of the Nukara gear so I don't spend much on it, but compared to the small mount ofrom marks you get those Rom set equipment projects gobble it up.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well now... I'm a little stuffed for rep-ing until it returns because there is no way I am grinding 50k in exp just for that every day, so in that respect the mirror event is needed, or the exp rewards in everything else need to be raised.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • tarrennistarrennis Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's ridiculous that people have focused on the word need. Would you all be happier if I said I want to know how to level my character and get more expertise quicker than I currently am? I would like everyone who commented to list the fastest ways to accomplish this in the least amount of time without this time wasting focus on need versus want.

I would like Mirror Invasion back now until they release the new version. The amount of skill, expertise, loot and dilithium I earned from it greatly suited me as a player to further my character goals in an acceptable amount of time playing the event.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We need red racing stripes on our starships, so that we can travel through space faster.

We totally do.

But that is for another thread...
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hopefully, once it's reworked it will stay in the PvE Que much like CE is now. Only I doubt it will give bonus xp when the event is not on.
    y1arXbh.png

• doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Personally Id like a Mirror Invasion that does some 5 man Starship fighting for 8 min, then goes to ground where we take our Captains and two BOs down to the starbase to clear out some halls and activate the starbases defenses on a 5 minute timer, if you complete the objective in time, the starbase activates its defensive turrets to help with the TRIO of Mirror ship bosses for a 5 on 3 starship battle finale that lasts about 7 minutes for a 20 min mission total for a good equiped team. An elite team can finish it faster.

In the starbase interior, make four paths that lead to two separate activation points, 2 path options per activation point with predictable defenses and obvious strategy options to plow through each of the four paths. When the 5 captains beam down with their BOs, we must pair up in a team of 2 and a team of 3 captains. Two paths will need a three captain team, the other two paths are easier but different requiring a 2 captain team. Our professions will determine what grouping we should pair up in and what path to take to push through the Mirror defenses already in place in the interior. That way it feels a little different on the ground with multiple path and pairup options. Beam us down, give us 20 seconds to evaulate our away teams, then start the 5 min timer and we run into action. I love co op missions that let me showcase my bridge crew. If you can do full away teams that would be even better, but Id be happy with 2 BOs per Captain.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    do people not read? its been said before, even in interviews what they are bringing it back like they did the CE Event.

Well clearly YOU do not read. So that's one.
    I will give you another shot at reading the OP before i show you why you are the ONLY one that didn't read anything.
    That way maybe you will learn, you know, to read :)
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When you get an ALT to lvl 50 and want to start doing the Rep grind for said Alt, you have to have the Mirror invasion to be able to meet the Exp requirements. Or make the Alt your primary toon. Without the Mirror event it is now pointless to try to do the Rep grind on an Alt toon.
    No, you don't. There's no requirement in the game that says that to get Expertise, you must do Mirror Event to get it. There are other more interesting ways than doing the Mirror Event. Just because you think it's a "must," that doesn't make it a fact.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay..Most players have a Main toon and then a least 2 alts to have all three classes and then perhaps a Rom and a KDF as well. That's 5 toons. Now getting them all to level 50 is a breeze. But now try getting all of them to tier 5 on all the Reps. That's millions and millions of Exp needed. Unless you have no Job and no life and play 16 hours a day, Your going to "NEED" a quick and easy way to generate the Exp your going to need to get through the daily rep grind. And that does not include buying any of the rep gear. For that your going to need even more. The Mirror invasion was a staple for players who were getting their Alts through the Rep grind. Most of the old time players get tired of just being a Tac, or whatever their 1st toon was and want to change things up from time to time and play a Sci or Eng, or be a Romulan or KDF. When you do play on those accounts you want them to be at least competitive so doing the rep is the 1st thing you are going to want to do. We need a mission that grants 100k Exp in about 30 min to make this even reasonable.
  • fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Play the single player missions, you'll get way more than what is needed to reach lvl 50. some of them have big payouts and can be enhanced by purchasing skill boosters from the exchange.

In the time you took away from playing to come and post here you could have leveled up at least once I'm sure.
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay..Most players have a Main toon and then a least 2 alts to have all three classes and then perhaps a Rom and a KDF as well. That's 5 toons. Now getting them all to level 50 is a breeze. But now try getting all of them to tier 5 on all the Reps. That's millions and millions of Exp needed. Unless you have no Job and no life and play 16 hours a day, Your going to "NEED" a quick and easy way to generate the Exp your going to need to get through the daily rep grind. And that does not include buying any of the rep gear. For that your going to need even more. The Mirror invasion was a staple for players who were getting their Alts through the Rep grind. Most of the old time players get tired of just being a Tac, or whatever their 1st toon was and want to change things up from time to time and play a Sci or Eng, or be a Romulan or KDF. When you do play on those accounts you want them to be at least competitive so doing the rep is the 1st thing you are going to want to do. We need a mission that grants 100k Exp in about 30 min to make this even reasonable.

Mirror is horribly inefficient and time consuming, 100k expertise in 30 minutes is very slow, doffing gets at least double that amount with 3 minutes of effort and no investment in concentration like that is needed in mirror. Here is a screenshot http://puu.sh/4ZbmA
    jFriX.png
    edited February 2014
    fidelstix wrote: »
    Play the single player missions, you'll get way more than what is needed to reach lvl 50. some of them have big payouts and can be enhanced by purchasing skill boosters from the exchange.

In the time you took away from playing to come and post here you could have leveled up at least once I'm sure.

Missions are really, really mind numbingly boring and time consuming with virtually no rewards (except FE which give set items). They are fine when you do them on 1 character but when your at your 100th char, just no. Doffing is the most efficient effort and time vs reward for expertise
    jFriX.png
    edited February 2014
    tarrennis wrote: »

I have gotten dozens of chars to lv 50 with only 40 minutes ingame playtime each by doffing. I dont even know how many times I've linked this screenshot on all these threads that complain about expertise is hard to find http://puu.sh/4ZbmA
    jFriX.png
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Neko, you're forgetting something: There are weirdos out there who play Fed instead of Klink, and can't oppress Gorn for their levels like we do. I know, it's incomprehensible! Why would anyone do that? But yet, they do. They dig themselves into these holes and can't figure out how to get out of them. Silly, silly people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    dont deprive me of the fun when they come back and ask where they can find this mission.

jokes aside feds can do the dyson development mission, get an alt in dyson space and do bridge invites lol, same thing
    jFriX.png
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ankokuneko wrote: »
    I have gotten dozens of chars to lv 50 with only 40 minutes ingame playtime each by doffing. I dont even know how many times I've linked this screenshot on all these threads that complain about expertise is hard to find http://puu.sh/4ZbmA

You better have executed that warrior for incompetence.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited February 2014
    You better have executed that warrior for incompetence.

unfortunately I exchanged him for 3 whites instead
    jFriX.png
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited February 2014
    Kinda sucks that my toons are at a standstill as far as rep grinding goes. I'm simply out of XP, and nothing is as easy or gratifying as the Mirror Universe was.

Here's hoping that they bring it back, and maybe an elite version for even more goodies :)
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ankokuneko wrote: »

Where do you get those missions? I don't think I've ever seen most of those...
  • heizlueftaheizluefta Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We need it back. Just that. Its just another kick in the TRIBBLE by cryptic to slow us down stating theyre doing it FOR us lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teuteburgteuteburg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi!

Can not finish my Kdf-sci as well (and it just sucks)
    because the PvE-missions do not grant enough xp :(

Greetz Siegfried
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • realwildblurealwildblu Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    fidelstix wrote: »
    Where do you get those missions? I don't think I've ever seen most of those...

You can pick up most of the Gorn missions from one of the adjacent sector blocks. Wander around and you should see one pop-up. You pick up the Report missions at your fleet base when the Commendation XP rises beyond 110k for that Assignment type. There is a mission terminal near the Duty Officer and the rewards are Fleet Marks.

Once my legion of alts reach level 11, I run the doff missions exclusively. I've been able to level one level 50 character within two months and now three months later, he has 430k skill points (he would have a little more but I spent some of it on the fleet base). His doff assignment goal was to maximize dilithium to feed fleet projects, so I could have gotten more out him if I changed his goal to maximize skill points. If I didn't bother with the special events, I would park him in a distant sector and run Doff Missions ... total time with this character: 5 minutes. Yeah, I like to take my time.

There is a caveat. You need to be willing to set goals, identify the missions and doff characteristics that will help you meet those goals, then manage your doffs (move them between your characters). It's not a game for the impatient or JJ Abrams.
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So look, if you guys don't want to give us the Mirror Universe missions, fine. What is it going to take to get increase the experience in regular missions and queue events?

You put the Xp requirement into the reputation system not the players. And now you have taken the only means to keep them going for casual players out of the game.

I don't' know universe this makes sense and I am not going to drink the cool-aid. Just let us know what it is going to take.

Also, I don't know why you are so against casual players, but if you want us to find a different MMO to support, just say so.
    We can work compensation for our lifetime subs, etc. to leave.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Probably removed cause it's not attached to any reputation. :rolleyes: