test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Universe event

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    At the beginning, Mirror Universe invasion event was just there to level up.

You could obtain Omega gear from drops. But than that changed.

But with the reputation systems, the Reputation gear requires a lot of Expertise.

Mirror Universe was the only reliable source of Expertise, but now taken out.

How do we now get expertise needed to unlock Reputation and its Items?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • beefydegreebeefydegree Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nebregnir wrote: »
    Some people are rather massively missing the point here in an veritable orgy of nit-picking.

I think he was trying to say that doing the rep grind with a lvl 50 character WITHOUT the Mirror Incursion event is VERY difficult. As each rep project requires, in addition to other things, a Skill point cost, not having the Mirror incursion to gain skill points makes it VERY difficult to run rep projects. The remaining skill points one gains from the 1-50 process runs out pretty fast, and there is currently no particularly feasible process for gathering new ones other than grinding missions.

Grinding Mirror Incursion to gain skill points > grinding missions for skill points.

It's good that they're planning to bring it back in some way, but it'd be better if they'd hurry up and DO so. My rep grind is basically dragging to a halt on several characters due to running out of skill points.

Do we NEED the mirror incursion? I suppose not, but without it the rep grind is even more unbearable.

You couldn't say it no better!! They are just nit picking, and they already have Level 50 Toons, and let me just guess, they have all there Rep done, and running 1 Toon. So, they don't need it Right?!

Man, they don't see the other Player point of view, they assume, AHHH we don't need it. Its to easy.

Well, PEOPLE that works for a living, don't have all 8 hrs of the day to grind them. And playing the same mission over and over and over, does get DULL very quickly. So, if you say, I can't read. Well. if someone don't complain, wouldn't that halt the subject?
    edited February 2014
    ankokuneko wrote: »
    Mirror is horribly inefficient and time consuming, 100k expertise in 30 minutes is very slow, doffing gets at least double that amount with 3 minutes of effort and no investment in concentration like that is needed in mirror. Here is a screenshot http://puu.sh/4ZbmA

Its Just Not Leveling There Toon, its about filling up there Rep System, and also Fleet Projects.. Wow, you were paying attention huh?
    edited February 2014
    ankokuneko wrote: »
    Missions are really, really mind numbingly boring and time consuming with virtually no rewards (except FE which give set items). They are fine when you do them on 1 character but when your at your 100th char, just no. Doffing is the most efficient effort and time vs reward for expertise

Ummmm, Wonder how long did it take to compete that DOFF mission???
  • toutsuutoutsuu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm sure there will be some xp bonus weekend... Also I just got a skill point bonus pool from Q, try looking for those. There is also a bridge officer that gives a bonus to skill points.
  • praxian2012praxian2012 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    While I agree it would be -nice- to have Mirror Incursion back on a permanent basis for the expertise (it really did help with faction grinding...) it's not needed per se.

I would like to see it return, but I've been wondering for a while now how long until the Devs took it out.

I usually missed out on it to begin with simply because they made the random drop of it so stupidly far apart that I was either sleeping or at work when it hit.
  • chickenlaserschickenlasers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I find the loss of the mirror universe crippling to anyone pre completion of reputation system. As any item/donation for the fleet requires skill points, the major way to gain skill pts was to run this event. There is no new daily to earn your 100k skill pts or even the dilithium you could earn from this it was an assured 6k+ which was great. it was a nice change of just flat out ship combat. I would like to see it return in some form, or a new area for skill pts farming be introduced. All i know is i hope they dont do something terrible like skill pt bonus weekend. All i can say is how uncreative and stupid.

The loss of mirror universe lost us accolade, dil and skill pts making and just some all around fun. I hope they sort this out soon one of my toons i have to grind 50k of skill pts just to complete my reputation for the day and its way to time consuming for the measly 3 to 5k you get running mission or events, or pve romps. Some people suggest doff missions but thats to late to little not everyone wants to run doff missions to max everyday. I am usually busy getting marks and dil and doff is just another thing that gets pushed back on a 3rd character.

Again do something cryptic mirror universe and its skill gain is a great loss and an inbalance in what you have taken away give something back. This was much more important event than the stupid, around the galaxy one bleh.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah. bring back mirror please, going through the rep system will be hell without it. escpecially as we've got the 5th one coming, along with a new fleet holding.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My new reman is hoping for something as he approaches level 50, really do miss getting my xp in bulk!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do we know anything yet about the new mirror event?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ill be trying to make the most of the double xp weekend. i am dry of exp
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do we know anything yet about the new mirror event?

A little bit, check the help option on event reputation. It'll be a daily you have to play 14 times to get your rewards (50000 dil, 500 fleet marks, 250 other marks, mirror doffs, something else I think?).
  • devilkiller98devilkiller98 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am just a bit curious of when exactly we can expect to see the Mirror Incursion Event return. I have seen it on the STO Wiki that it would be in March, but nothing further has been said...has anybody heard more?
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives... I know you understand.

Legendary Final 5 Elite Fleet Leader
    http://final-five.guildlaunch.com/
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Apparently it's coming. Which from Cryptic means there's a 30% chance it's coming.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    maybe it'll be like that "assault on DS9" mission we used to have where we defended DS9? but then got removed because..... i dont remember why. i never got around to playing it as i joined the game a week or two before they removed it.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, if its like the Galaxy Reboot......

It'll be along, promptly, in a year or so. And wont be either what was promised or what was asked for.

And Borticus will angrily chime in on the complaint thread to tell us that we're wrong, despite what the Dev Blog says or what we've actually typed.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    March 6th may be the release date. Bonus Experience weekend.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is like a 2+ week long even to earn 50,000 Dilithium - much like the old Crytaline Event. I assume they will want it to end sometime around Season 9 in April, so I would assume middle to late March.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited March 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    It is like a 2+ week long even to earn 50,000 Dilithium - much like the old Crytaline Event. I assume they will want it to end sometime around Season 9 in April, so I would assume middle to late March.

I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't really sure.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives... I know you understand.

• groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I would like to see this back in the game, as well as the elachi alert pve.
    Did I miss the post on where that went and why? Or was that just a promotional thing?
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    384+ Zen per character for 14 days of blowing up Mirror universe ships? Where do we sign up for it?
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I would like to see this back in the game, as well as the elachi alert pve.
    Did I miss the post on where that went and why? Or was that just a promotional thing?

The Elachi Alert PvE was just a promotional event. I for one wish it would be added on a permanent basis.

• cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Apparently it's coming. Which from Cryptic means there's a 30% chance it's coming.

Well, it only took like 5 years for them to fix KDF costumes.... :rolleyes:
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, it only took like 5 years for them to fix KDF costumes.... :rolleyes:
    5 years? How foolish of me to think we just had our 4th anniversary last month. :)
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    5 years? How foolish of me to think we just had our 4th anniversary last month. :)

Tsk tsk, how foolish of you. Everyone knows that the KDF costumes have been FUBAR since before they even launched the alpha. :rolleyes:
    /sarcasm.

In all seriousness though, it has been at least 3 years. Two and a half minimum.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Someone in NoP Public Service channel mentioned this. It seems we are going to get a mirror invasion event rep project like the crystalline event we've had in the past. :D

Go to your reputation tab and select Events on the left, then on the right click the info button.

PROOF! http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/MonkeyGuts69/screenshot_2014-03-06-04-14-51_zpseb619e7c.jpg~original

It doesn't say when the event starts, but I'm guessing in the near future.

Rewards:
    50,000 Dilithium Ore
    500 fleet marks
    250 reputation mark box for choice of marks
    and a very rare mirror duty officer

:D:D:D
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Figures, as I'm waiting for UPS to finally deliver my video card I have been waiting a week for...the game freezes with the one I have now, its old and worn out...can't really play till its replaced.
    :(
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really like the mirror event. It'll be even cooler with a saucer-separating Stadi! Game on. Best news since the Mogh. Thanks for bringing it back.
  • syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Now, what would be nice from that is a reward that unlocks a mirror universe skin for your currently active ship (or all your ships).
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Basically from the looks of things it will work like the past Crystalline Catastrophe event where you get 1 item per day and contribute 14 of them to the event project. The rewards look similar to the last CE event, i.e, 50k dil, 500 fleet marks, 250 choice of marks, and a doff. I hope this is coming real soon. I could use that dil on my 11 characters. :D