test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's annoying, enraging and borderline pointless.

EXACTLY WHAT A Q WOULD DO.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    So if you do your 5 Qs, and they each are a shell game, you tie up 5ish minutes doing the click portion of the Event. If you do the chase Qs you tie up 3ish minutes doing the click portion of the Event. So we are really doing all this arguing over 2 extra minutes at the Event? :)

I feel the need to reiterate that it shouldn't even be neccessary for the Event. But that's just my opinion.

I should also say it's not 5 minutes or 3 minutes. It only takes that long if you're in a practically empty zone (which, given the need to do this stupid thing, are non-existent right now). Now factor in how long you have to spend running around trying to find a Q that someone hasn't already tagged.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's annoying, enraging and borderline pointless.

EXACTLY WHAT A Q WOULD DO.

lol. That's funny. However, I find it fun.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    He's at the club.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, is "Where's Q" the new "Where's Sulu?"
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jimqqi wrote: »
    Any minigame is going to be boring after you've run it 15 times on a dozen characters. Waste of effort to improve it.

The millions of people who play candy crush, tetris, sodoku, crossword puzzles, angry birds,etc pretty much prove you wrong.

Cryptic COULD fix the game or make a fun one. They choose not to.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    So if you do your 5 Qs, and they each are a shell game, you tie up 5ish minutes doing the click portion of the Event. If you do the chase Qs you tie up 3ish minutes doing the click portion of the Event. So we are really doing all this arguing over 2 extra minutes at the Event? :)

Took me 45 minutes to do 3 characters. Most of that was failing the shell game and competing for limited qs. This was post midnight pst.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've had to be away for a day and, consequently, may have missed it.

Has there been any reply to this thread from Bran or any other dev since post 643?
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    to answer that in more than 10 characters: No

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    edited January 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    to answer that in more than 10 characters: No

So, no official response to this thread since the 24th of january?

You'd think a week old active thread would merit at least an acknowledgement.
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited January 2014
    Don't see him? He's kind of blocked by Waldo.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    I've had to be away for a day and, consequently, may have missed it.

Has there been any reply to this thread from Bran or any other dev since post 643?

Actually there was a reply... they started the FE/grindfest as intended.... :rolleyes:
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wufangchu wrote: »
    welll.you CAN use lobi crystals, but at an average of four crystals per lock boz tha5ts fourty crystals for every ten dollars spent on keys, SO, for a hundred bucks you too can get 400 lobi crystals and get a little ship, IF you run the FE.. otherwise it'll be 200 bucks..

I'm glad so many others hav 200 bucks to spend like that.. I dont..

The rate for q-com boxes is 10-20 with the means being around 15; 40-45 boxes (200-225 lobi) to obtain 600 q-coms. ;)
    edited January 2014
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Actually there was a reply... they started the FE/grindfest as intended.... :rolleyes:

To be fair, that was always on the cards.

Despite the fact that the details leaked a few days before intended, I am sure it was too late to fiddle enough with the noughts and ones to make any difference.

However, apart from some boiler plate 'we is listening-honest' stuff, theres no answer at all from the devsw to pretty much any criticism at all.

Oddly, they're all over threads congratulating them on their work, but it seems that any acknowledgement that there were any miscalculations at all eludes them.

To go this long, with no response at all, is frankly rude.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    So, no official response to this thread since the 24th of january?

You'd think a week old active thread would merit at least an acknowledgement.

And again I would point out that there's not much they can say.

Short of a critical bug, the event was going to launch on schedule, as-is.

The feedback they got prior to launch amounted to speculation on the part of a lot of people who hadn't actually done it, including me. (I'm talking about this year, not past years)

Sure, they knew a lot of people weren't happy about how the anniversary reward was being rolled out but they didn't have a lot of time to change anything either, even if they had decided the speculation was spot on.

We know they are going to be studying the data about what people actually do, and how many people are doing it. I think it's reasonable that they'd want to wait and see what that data says before they make any hasty decisions.

In the meantime, it wouldn't make any sense to acknowledge there's a problem if there's no data to support that hypothesis or to suggest the best way to correct it if there is one.

So given all of that, and assuming that they haven't come to any conclusions on their side yet, what do you want them to say that won't just make people mad?

It's a lose-lose proposition to them to say much of anything before they do something official.

And yes, it's the day after a launch that didn't go as smoothly as they would have liked. I bet today was all post-mortem about what went wrong, not about what the forum users don't like about Party Patrol.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find the Patrol really easy. Just when mini-Q says prize just focus on him not the boxes. That's almost a 100 percent hit. Also, as the running object find a mini-Q on the walkway. Be at a distance for something to render. It takes less then 5 mins even less then 3 mins. Choose dilithium as your reward.

40 Qcommendations and 500 Dilithium.

I tried the KDF ship and it seemed very underpowered to the Romulan ship. It's possibly the same for the Federation ship underpowered.

Just as a KDF, I just wanted to go down fighting the Enterprise on the mission final part.

As a Romulan, I felt the Romulans should have the best of the technology. It's our space.

As a Federation character, I will probably feel we found the Sphere first by the Enterprise-D.

So, it's a hot mess and will probably turn to be a all out war again.
    edited January 2014
    Kudos where its deserved.

Branflakes acknowledges a post from me in the livestream thread in galactic news.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

I wanted to stop by and let you know we've been reading (and will continue to) this thread since it's inception and are considering your feedback -- it's not being fallen deaf ears and we appreciate the passion everyone has around the event and the new ships. Please just remember to keep your feedback constructive, as nonconstructive feedback is harder to consider.

I may have some additional information than this, but here is some more information about the event that I can share now:

• As mentioned, you'll get 400 Qmendations on your first play through of the new FE.
    • The "daily" to get 40 more has taken 2-5 minutes on average during testing, and you either complete one mini-game or another for the daily.
    • The event runs for 28 days (we say 25+ as we also have maintenances, etc.)
    • With only 600 more Qmendations needed, you'll need to complete 15 dailies in those 28 days (around once every other day, or so).

We've got this information and much more planned in upcoming Dev Blogs, so stay tuned and thanks again for your passion and feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Bolding mine. Doesn't that say that there are supposed to be two mini games to choose from? There's only one mini game I can find.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Bolding mine. Doesn't that say that there are supposed to be two mini games to choose from? There's only one mini game I can find.

One is the shell game, the other is chasing miniQ. >.> What? Don't look at me like that, I'm serious! :D Last year there was no 'chase miniQ'.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    tom61sto wrote: »

One is the shell game, the other is chasing miniQ. >.> What? Don't look at me like that, I'm serious! :D Last year there was no 'chase miniQ'.

Yup. Brandon didn't say we got to choose which one, only that we get to complete one of two. Obviously, they get to choose which one. :(
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well I found a way of tolerating the Mini game, I just ignore the shell game completely. As soon as the shell game flytip appears, I just move on to the next one and only do the Q chase mission.

I got all 4 of my mains through it in under 10 minutes and my sanity was intact.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    im serious, i really had fun with the winther race, and im having fun chasing Q's and guessing gifts........ im completly serious!
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't dislike it. It's just there for me. There's a lot of other things I find more annoying and grindy in the game then then 10 minutes it takes me to complete the Q event. I'll make it through the 2 weeks on my 5 characters without problems.
  • tareruntaliontareruntalion Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    he is at the club between two beautiful dancing girls :)
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can't dislike it. It's a perfect example of how Q are. It's in their nature and I can't fault Cryptic for doing it. They nailed the character of Q and anyone who has a problem with that, keep it in your fan fictions.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like it, I'll be doing the little game each day to get the Aves class, I mean it could do with a bit more variety

How about they add one or two more games to it for extra variety ?
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like the Q games too, could have better rewards though. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *grabs OP and shakes* WHY!!!??? :eek:
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nah, I'll get flamed for what I'm about to say...cause Cryptic will probably "fix" it.

There's no point in doing the Gift Guessing. If the q decides to shuffle instead of run, then just move on to the next one. You can get 2-4 runners done before that shuffle finishes. The shuffle just takes way too long by comparison to ignoring them and finding q's that will run...that you can catch within a few seconds.
  • prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Then we should get those tokens to lessen the amount we need to claim the ship on alts when it is completed on a character! =-p
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif