test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• diablerietandinodiablerietandino Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    I find 5 minutes a day rather fun. breaks up the monotony of RL in my day. And no I'm not going to fly this ship or the c-store ones, I have to finish getting my Aventine and DS9 pack first. THEN we'll see.

The only thing that i don't like is the daily timer on the mini q stuff >.>

Precisely, not sure why people are acting like they have to go through the nine levels of hell. It's one quest that takes about 5 minutes to do (unless for some reason you can't actually see q running to each box, then you might need an eye doctor) I just do the mission after I do whatever other stuff for the day, such as getting dyson commendations or marks. I find the rep grind for that stuff way more dull. however at least the Q party stuff is over quick.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Being really "meh" about this treadmill rubbish would be a drastic improvement for me.

But I am finding it much more tolerable now that I've taken some posted information into account and stopped wasting time on the shell game entirely. They said we get to do "1 of 2 mini-games," so I'm doing the "chase the runner" one and completely ignoring the annoying, senseless "sit and waste enough time to catch 2 runners watching gift boxes move around" one.

I still basically think the whole thing sucks overall, and calling it an "event" is giving it far more credit than it deserves.

-shrug-
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited February 2014
    Out of 20 active toon's I am doing it on 3 science ones. The only ones I have finished the rep system as I have given up doing the rep system on any others now that the daily bonus time is gone. That and so many toons to full rep = what's the point. So we have a pretty meh science ship ~ the Fed version got beat with an ugly stick - so while I was pissed at the beginning now I am like - meh.
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Out of 20 active toon's I am doing it on 3 science ones. The only ones I have finished the rep system as I have given up doing the rep system on any others now that the daily bonus time is gone. That and so many toons to full rep = what's the point. So we have a pretty meh science ship ~ the Fed version got beat with an ugly stick - so while I was pissed at the beginning now I am like - meh.

not got the rep tokens for your alts??

once used, you get double xp for your rep
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited February 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    not got the rep tokens for your alts??

once used, you get double xp for your rep

Yes I have used it. I am about to finish the rep system on my 8th toon - that's enough I think. Except for 2 that I use for occasional pvp, the rest are just doffing nowadays - don't need rep or fancy ships for that. Besides after more than 4000 hours in game I have been drastically cutting back, it had to happen some time.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the main mission is first rate, at first I was a little cheesed that we had to repeat the mission to get all the gear but having done it a few times its not so bad, there are slightly different paths you can take that offer different challenges and some of the accolades are a little tricky and take a few times to get, so far the only one I haven't got yet is "Efficient Swarmer Exterminator" for Completing the stage Defend Cooper from Swarmer's in under one minute and after the first run for each character there is no rush to complete the rest as they will be around after the event is over.
    as for the q mini mission granted its a bit harsh linking this to getting the ship but lets face it you are not likely to use the ship on most of your characters anyhow, most people who have more then 3 or 4 characters only use their alts for grinding dilithium with doff missions anyhow, I find its quite easy with 3 characters and the other rewards for doing it are worth getting anyway and its not like im not going to the academy everyday for the lore stuff anyway, I know the q mission is a bit lame but its quick and easy so....

my overall score for the event 8/10

if they could have thought up some better q mini missions that are still quick but more fun it would have been 10/10

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Main mission is fine, but it does not give out qmendations after the first run.
    The "babysitting for the rest of what you found out was a cheap chinese knockoff" anecdote was spot-on though.

As the academy maps are instant game crashes, every time no matter what, the event will end up being impossible for me.
  • cptrichardson12cptrichardson12 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I grabbed the Romulan one. I wuv that ship's looks.

The rest I don't care about.
  • sturmwolf65sturmwolf65 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Actually I m disappointed and it is a real sign for lack of content to put 3 pieces of a 4 piece set into ONE mission(!)
    The mission is really well made with all the videosequences and the fluff flavor to hover outside of the solstation is fine, but being forced to repreat it at least 3 times (and maybe more often if I want the equip on more than one char) makes it boring to run thru it.

And the worst of all is a 2 week daily grind of minigames to get a "free" ship.
    Why all the grind instead of just one mission like the Bortasque?
    Forcing the player into grinds is just -as said above- lack of content...
  • joltonjolton Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    At least most of you can complete the mission. I will never be able to get the ship as the game crashes instantly as soon as I "Beam to ship" after speaking with Kaol. I have uninstalled, repatched all files, and even deleted the mission secveral times. By the time I am able to complete it there will not be ebough days left to get the full 1000 if I ever complete it all.

Edit: Wow Join date 2014 post 1? Even the forums are hosed I guess. I have all the preorder and collectors edition stuff along with my life membership from before release.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    and how long it ts taking to grind daily mission to get needed q-something.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am doing it on 4 characters, and the Academy mission is taking me about 30 minutes for all 4.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    3 characters mainly. its taking about 4 or 5 mins per character.

I'm also doing a little bit on another 2, but thats more in preparation for them in case they want next years ship/item/whatever.

so about half an hour for the 5.
  • drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    0, dont need the ship
  • abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My two sci's only, thank god. But they are not unpacked till the C-Store versions are spit out :D
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Once per faction.

I really, really, *really* wish the Q's ran away more often.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    czertik123 wrote: »
    and how long it ts taking to grind daily mission to get needed q-something.

3 chars and 5-10 min a day. mainly due to hunting down party crashers, waiting for shuffle to end and npc blocking my view.

To be honest, getting tired of it already and still 10-12 days to go.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • badaabadinbadaabadin Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    six characters
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Three, one sci toon from each faction

Party Crashers takes about 10 min per--go see Q, go to academy, watch the puzzle 3-4 times, back to Q, back to parking spot
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    one, all i need it on.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    4. 3 Sci Admirals, one Eng Ferengi who wants the whole set for his Obelisk.
    walshicus wrote: »
    I really, really, *really* wish the Q's ran away more often.

Someone always runs away when I play that game. If gifts start shuffling, it's me. :P
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Will get it on 2 of my 12 characters maybe. I have so many ships already and I just don't like the Q mini games >.<
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Doing it on 3. I have it already on one char (thank you lobi)
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm grinding on 3, got it on 1 (with lobi) and still grinding that one to stock qmendations for next year.... and still grinding on teh other two. The Rom has it, the KDF and fed are grinding, so I'll have one of each faction ship. Overall I like the rom one piloting it..... In using the KDF one in the mission and kinda liked it there.... not that impresed with the Fed one... but eh'.... it's free is I'm grinding for it.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    None. That's also 3 ship packs I will never buy due to being incomplete later. Those ships aren't that interesting anyway, but I might have gotten them later for completions sake.
  • tksmittytksmitty Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just two characters for me.

My main tac and my off-main sci.

I am interested in what the cash store ships will bring regarding visual options and consoles.
    Current ship/builds:
    KDF Tac: Bortasqu' Tactical
    Fed Tac: Fleet Gal-X

Keep those big guns a-thunderin'
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    None. That's also 3 ship packs I will never buy due to being incomplete later. Those ships aren't that interesting anyway, but I might have gotten them later for completions sake.

I'm kind of in a similar boat here. I'm actually boycotting this one given that to get the complete set you for a Rom, a KDF, and a Fed, you need to:

Grind or Buy 1000 marks (per Character)

Play the FE 3-4 times (per character)

Then Pay $150 cash (since each faction is getting it's own 3pack version)

That's too much for me, and way too greedy on cryptics part. Playing the FE a few times for different parts isn't bad, when the mission isn't bugging out it's actually fun. I wish they would go with that risa flight over the lame Pole dance the EV suits are burdened with.

The Grind is what kills it for me though. It is supposed to be our FREE anniversary gift, a thank you for sticking with the game, but taking away the free aspect by requiring you to pay for it or log in and play at least 15 days, per character to make it worse, just makes it another slap to the fans. The Three Dyson packs just seems overtly greedy to me as well. Granted they are a game company, and therefore need to make money, but if they're just repackaging the same ships with different faction skins, that is unacceptable.

Throw that in to the fire along with the"Ravamped" missions, which were actually just cut short and had a map changed, plus the removal of the hourly events, and it seems like we were all horribly short changed this anniversary... And most people are smiling about it.

No thank you. I think at this point, Cryptic is worse for Star Trek than JJ Abrams was, and that's saying something.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    0, dont need the ship

Was going to say this. I like the mission. I just don't like the look or feel of the new ship so don't really want it. Not really my style of ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jolton wrote: »
    Edit: Wow Join date 2014 post 1? Even the forums are hosed I guess. I have all the preorder and collectors edition stuff along with my life membership from before release.

Cryptic switched their forums and accounts over to PWE in June 2012. So all the posts you and I made before that point are now Archived Post.
  • ziggydsziggyds Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1, my rom
    other versions aren't worth the grind

The Evil Queen - Tac - Hobo
    John May Lives - Sci - Hobo