What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Down v2 (01/30/2014) *Resolved!*

Comments

• Options
    skgreenacidskgreenacid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    just like sto to celebrate its birth day with more crashes and boring missions that you have to play 3 times to get all the stuff and a 30 day long grind

i so love having to grind it makes my day

STO maybe one time u could just thank us for sitting through all the patches and crashes by not making us grind how about u just give us the ship
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Glad I took care of the grind daily first.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    All in favor of playable Undine?

I dont. If i fly with an undine ship, i want their special abilities and weapons. And so far, i didnt see any undine weapon in the game.

For example, the multi vector - storm burst (yeah the one that makes the borg cubes to break apart like glass in 1 single shot. xD). U know, when 4 undine ships work together (voyager).

So, if im not going to feel that power, fxxxk the undine lol.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The server hamsters name must be "Dead Jim"

There is a 'Dead Jim' accolade in the 'Temporal Ambassador' episode. You come across a corpse in the maintenance tunnels and when you check on it you get the accolade.
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I come home from spending about 4 hours driving in ice and snow, making me VERY glad that I learned to drive in Michigan, only to find that STO is down.

Well, I guess, in order to kill time, I'll either work on my Gundam Seed/Star Trek fan fiction, play Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire on the Playstation 3, and/or Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 on the Xbox360.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you know what i find hillarious yeah i wanna play , i wanna play really bad buy everyone u do realise sto is just a game right..........

oh yeah i forgot most of us who play this have no life . so sto is life.

i wonder if i posted this question how many of you would say yes.

if sto worked 100 percent of the time and if you could just touch the screen and suddenly become your sto charcter. would you.

STO is life? Are you Jem'Hadar? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    xossetxosset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    SO, a player who just paid a lifetime sub, will have more rights than you, correct? since he is supporting the game more than you do, right?
    ^ Correct

And, what the hell make you think that people who pays a sub is wasting more money that someone that doesnt pay any sub?? Someone who buy zen every month, even if he is not paying any sub, supports cryptic more than you do. So YOUR point is invalid.
    ^ Been here since Beta, always paid a subscription

Honestly, i dont get people who pays a monthly sub. Thats stupid and sorry if someone feels ofended. But if you want to support cryptic, just buy zen every month and you got it. But paying a monthly sub??? seriously, i dont get it.
    ^3 month sub actually. Your not getting it is no excuse for leeching, zen or no zen.:D
  • Options
    mightyleptonmightylepton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is seriously bad. I bet they get some negative response from PWE, they are missing alot of income. Alot of players probably think TRIBBLE it, im done with this and the new lockbox.

Seriously guys, even LoR launch was more stable. I cant believe for such a relatively short update, such amount of downtime is needed.

My god.

Incompetent to say the least.
    Read the book of the Rihannsu.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No. All I'm saying is that, even though we play a game set in the 25th century, we are dealing with 21st century technology. That means there will be server downtime, errors, bugs, repeated patching and -- perhaps most important to remember -- long stretches of monotony punctuated by moments of hair-pulling frustration.

Voth happens. Learn to live with it.

Yes but cryptic isn't the ONLY developer/corporate entity providing online services using this level of technology. Their poor trackrecord is pretty atypical (at least for what I've been playing and when I've been playing it) especially for contemporary MMO's and other gaming services. It's a particular problem with their setup, not a fact of life.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj3tYDBhNQA

This is how D'an reacted when he realised the servers couldn't take it..
    Shut it down!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    westozwestoz Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    holy TRIBBLE ESD zone chat has moved to the Forum.
    F2P Forever scrap the ques and TRIBBLE the lifers, I'll have a break for a while so others can find the fun i found 2 years ago when i was F2P and the only grinding done was to get that one piece that never dropped but the fun in trying to get it oh so much fun i just love smashing borgs and seeing their guts fly buahaha:D.
    Try and understand the Chaos factor or just understand the variable, live long and live life Gee.
  • Options
    asphyxiaactualasphyxiaactual Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is what they said afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw
    LOL.

This I was not expecting!
    We Are The Borg. Lower Your Shields And Surrender Your Ships. Your Technological And Biological Distinctiveness Will Be Added To Our Own. You Will Adapt Yourself To Service The Collective. Our Survival Is Your Survival. You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Has anyone seen Carl? I sent him to the Server room to feed the Hamsters.

send carlton banks out, he'll get those hamsters going in fits of laughter.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Star Trek Online: The Fourth Anniversary
      Junk combat pet
    • Junk ship (Lt. Cmdr. level)
    • Unimaginative "daily anniversary event mission" that's just the stupid Christmas eggshell game
    • New ship with stats that are no better than any other ship, and frankly worse than any ship any of my characters would fly
    • Server Down and Game Unaccessible for hours on end
    • New mission featuring Tim Russ that nobody can play due to server failure

STO's Epic Fourth Anniversary perfectly summed up in a minute and two seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeLqsvFO31o
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    STO is life!

We are already dead!

We go into the server queue to reclaim our lives!
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    suplex20suplex20 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Well, I guess Cryptic reached a whole new level of fail. The servers are broken for 5 hours and it isn't even a full season launch.

Pretty sure there's no point in waiting anymore today, so good night y'all.

This has absolutely nothing to do with your post. I'm just a little ADHD :P

The pic of the revamped galaxy you use shows it firing a phaser from the starboard nacell pylon, this is correct. However, it is firing from the inside of the pylon, whereas the galaxy class has a phaser array on the outer edge of the pylon. The inner ones are near the aft torpedo launcher.

:D
  • Options
    darledrickdarledrick Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've always understood that something like 90% of all computer malfunctions were User Error. So working with that as a model and seeing a that Gold Members are eager to claim they have a more vested interest in the game....

What did you GOLD members do this time to TRIBBLE up the game?

"Insert Thunderous Laughter"
  • Options
    tanuustanuus Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    [insert more demands for compensation here]

[insert remarks that degrade silver players here]

[brag about subscriber and lifer entitlement here]

[whining]

[crying]

[suggestions to improve server performance]

[something about Europe being screwed over]

[derogatory remarks about Cryptic's incompetency]

[complaints about time lost]

[doom-mongering]

[prayers for dead server hampsters]

[demands for a pony]

YES! Another Internet winner! :)
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rhashazad wrote: »
    People need to stop crying about it. Content updates do this. You all know this. Be patient. It will be up by tomorrow probably, then all will be well. And I don't see any need for cryptic to compensate us. I'm a lifer, and I demand nothing. When I want it, I buy it. Cryptic will not give anyone something to give you and unfair advantage over others. Grind it out like everyone else.

amen, could not have said it better myself
  • Options
    frasier13frasier13 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All I know is I really just wanna FINISH my FIRST run of the new FE (gotta booted twice while only half way through). I mean how can I grind if I can't even get the wheel spinning?!
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Riker and Picard are on their way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgQidVzdneE
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    im no expeert but sto has been promoting 8.5 for at least a month right. i think sto might of crashed cause it got bomboarded with so many people wanting to play. now call me stupid but isnt that a good thing. mind you they should have been ready for it to happen but a crash cause of two many people seems like buisness is gonna be good right.
  • Options
    rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why don't you guys use this free time to explore all the wondrous features of ARC...I mean STEAM, err...no I mean ARC.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    STO is life!

We are already dead!

We go into the server queue to reclaim our lives!

You. Win. At. The. Forums. :D lol, but seriously, that was awesome.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    dakonbartondakonbarton Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    Riker and Picard are on their way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgQidVzdneE
    LOL omg that made my day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    heffernan4heffernan4 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    servers pls
  • Options
    alphadarkwolf666alphadarkwolf666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is a 'Dead Jim' accolade in the 'Temporal Ambassador' episode. You come across a corpse in the maintenance tunnels and when you check on it you get the accolade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Destroy the enemy, just save some for me!
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And now a comment from Cryptics developer team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7UG9O9refg
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    pozmedley1963pozmedley1963 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xosset wrote: »
    ^3 month sub actually. Your not getting it is no excuse for leeching, zen or no zen.:D

Leech_(computing)‎

In computing and specifically Internet, a leech is one who benefits, usually deliberately, from others' information or effort but does not offer anything in return, ...

So as long as they are buying zen, subscriptions, or contributing in the forums or game with info helpful to others your use of the word is invalid.
This discussion has been closed.