What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Down v2 (01/30/2014) *Resolved!*

Comments

• Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So it doesn't count if they make in-game purchases for ANYthing???? Or do you have a class system set up for players depending on what they pay into the game and at what level can they post in the forum? Just curious. How can you spit something like that out without even knowing the stats/ratio of F2P to those who subscribe and anyone elses playing whose stats help shape the game?

Good way to isolate fellow players.

I agree. This argument of "LTS and subbers keep the game going and F2P are all nasty moochers" is getting old. LTS pay a one-time-fee. That's it. I'm F2P and I've spent more on that game through zen purchases than that one-time-fee.

Two years of subbing would be = 360 dollars. I have spent double that in a year just on Zen. So don't think your (the original poster, not the person I am quoting!) argument is, in any way shape or form, valid. If anything that shows a F2Per has supported the game more than someone who has been paying a sub since the game came out. I was here back in beta, btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xosset wrote: »
    ^ My point exactly...now get outta my forum leech

Dude, don't troll the feed. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    alphadarkwolf666alphadarkwolf666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The server hamsters name must be "Dead Jim"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Destroy the enemy, just save some for me!
  • Options
    jpf2012jpf2012 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    rockyfaustrockyfaust Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    what an ironic way to celebrate the 4th anniversary... with a crash!:cool:

What do you expect?... This is a perfect world, isn't it? :D
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So it doesn't count if they make in-game purchases for ANYthing???? Or do you have a class system set up for players depending on what they pay into the game and at what level can they post in the forum? Just curious. How can you spit something like that out without even knowing the stats/ratio of F2P to those who subscribe and anyone elses playing whose stats help shape the game?

Good way to isolate fellow players.

That guy has no idea what he is talking about, I buy a 20 dollar PWE card pretty much every time I get groceries. (ive stopped recently in protest of the graphics bug, see bug forum), but ive probably done that over 50 times since I started.

Not to mention I did sub a couple months for leveling. It adds up, 2000 dollars so far over time? (im relatively well off IRL, its not a huge chunk of money for me personally, but numbers are numbers)

Yeah his "sub" doesnt impress me. I paid his sub eight times over last September alone.

http://i.imgur.com/6xALvxi.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Naw, that's to greedy. How 'bout a 600x multiplier for Qmendations? :D

Bah, why stop there. 1000x qmendation marks AND 1,000,000 quatloos.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's not that simple dude. Unless you can explain to me how YOU would build a server structure that could take this kind of stress. I'll be lurking, so feel free.

Here's hoping the downtime is resolved soon.

It's called multiple VPS's. We can rent some out to PW/C if they need.
  • Options
    cptniteusercptniteuser Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Downtime Why? Need more input, all your typing helps google learn more about season 8.5. Think about it...:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains. We've increased our ETA. New ETA is 60 minutes from now. This will help ensure we can resolve the network issue. Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

ALRIGHT!!! WHO beamed tribbles into the servers again????

Come on Brandon fess up you were playing with the Tribble launcher again weren't you???

;)
  • Options
    suplex20suplex20 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jes26 wrote: »
    You are the only one who understands what that means.

One and two are to himself. The third he stated while looking in a mirror :D
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Heh. It was mostly during my deployment last year, I was still single then and didn't have a kid to worry about. Along with having one HELL of an income boost because of 'combat duty pay' and whatnot with nothing to really spend it on while still making sure I had plenty saved for when I got home and such... lol Yeah. And I admit, I'm Silver Account as well, that's all ZEN purchases.

Well, let me thank you also for your service. Glad you're home safe. :)
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Love getting home from work to see STO crashed. 3hrs and counting.
  • Options
    xossetxosset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dude, don't troll the feed. ;)

Sorry 'bout that. It was self defense.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    dakonbartondakonbarton Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anyone feel like #5 from short circuit? we need more input!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I pay a subscription, so your point is invalid and if you're F2P you shouldn't even be allowed in the forum since you have no vested interest in the game. Don't mean to sound harsh, but that's just the way it is.

no his point is valid, no one is forcing you to pay a sub, the game is free to play, and maybe you should reread the F2P option everyone has access to the forums, http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How typical & pathetic is this?!?!
    Cryptic/PWE are absolutely the worst at being prepared for launch day!

As I said before, There's no such thing as a free launch. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    cptrichardson12cptrichardson12 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay, one or two hours, okay.

Three hours, getting irritated.

But FIVE HOURS LATER!? Cryptic, seriously?
  • Options
    azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So do you rather want us to praise them for botching something up, every single time a patch is introduced?

I would rather see them TRY to improve the game and then TRY to fix the botch rather than them just ignoring the game or shutting it down completely.
  • Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    will pass 6 hrs for sure
  • Options
    sacha32sacha32 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm a lifetime sub. I come home from 17 hrs work and notice server is still down. It's for a large game maker disappointed. But a little advice to Cryptic. The longer you're servers are down, the more gamers sometimes drop out. In the past it happened a lot. It's ok to have server problems, GET THE PROBLEM FIXES. If a bank server is down for hours it's mayor dammage to the community. If a game server is down IT'S FOR ALL US GAMERS NOT FUNNY.

SO make the thing work again ;---

Greetings
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I pay a subscription, so your point is invalid and if you're F2P you shouldn't even be allowed in the forum since you have no vested interest in the game. Don't mean to sound harsh, but that's just the way it is.

SO, a player who just paid a lifetime sub, will have more rights than you, correct? since he is supporting the game more than you do, right?

And, what the hell make you think that people who pays a sub is wasting more money that someone that doesnt pay any sub?? Someone who buy zen every month, even if he is not paying any sub, supports cryptic more than you do. So YOUR point is invalid.

Honestly, i dont get people who pays a monthly sub. I see more sense on a lifetime, but monthly?? Thats stupid and sorry if someone feels ofended. But if you want to support cryptic, just buy zen every month and you got it. But paying a monthly sub??? seriously, i dont get it.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's called multiple VPS's. We can rent some out to PW/C if they need.

VPS's would not in any way be good for a multi cluster server environment. Cryptic uses multiple DEDICATED servers.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014

you must be joking?! i paid lts and got what the service asked, i dont ask more or less then that and game time which ive had for years. i dont see how any of that is connected to asking people to gtfo, thats not your right or call.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All in favor of playable Undine?
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anyone feel like #5 from short circuit? we need more input!

Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is what the Cryptic Developers said when they thought they could release new content without a server crash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwrodxghrw
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ok, got to page 42 before I died of laughter... will come back later and pick up on pg. 43...

:D
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You guys aren't alone.

My health is failing, I'm homebound, and I'm middle aged so I already own everything I need.

*SOOO* much Zen...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,642 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find it interesting that the ONLY year that Cryptic had server meltdowns was the last one, and at the height of the games popularity too. Cryptic, I know your probably just going to miss this post but before you release season 9 MAKE SURE YOUR DAMN SERVERS WONT CRASH.

i don't know what game you have been playing but server issues have been part of STO since open beta
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.