What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Down v2 (01/30/2014) *Resolved!*

Comments

• Options
    phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Some of you prolly have seen this but for those who haven't it will help pass the time:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFCBwob65Nw
  • Options
    confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    [insert more demands for compensation here]

[insert remarks that degrade silver players here]

[brag about subscriber and lifer entitlement here]

[whining]

[crying]

[suggestions to improve server performance]

[something about Europe being screwed over]

[derogatory remarks about Cryptic's incompetency]

[complaints about time lost]

[doom-mongering]

[prayers for dead server hampsters]

[demands for a pony]

You get my vote for the best post of the month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    darledrick wrote: »
    I've always understood that something like 90% of all computer malfunctions were User Error. So working with that as a model and seeing a that Gold Members are eager to claim they have a more vested interest in the game....

What did you GOLD members do this time to TRIBBLE up the game?

"Insert Thunderous Laughter"

im LTS and i dont wanted to be treated any differently from anyone else, im happy with that.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    effaeldmeffaeldm Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I understand there are technical issues, even though likely this could be helped by better servers - but I hope extending the event and particularly the prize giveaway will be considered. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=999791
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    As I said before, There's no such thing as a free launch. :P

:D Reminds me of a character named Hashi Lebwohl from Stephen Donaldson's Gap Cycle - he used a ship named "Free Lunch" for a covert operation and then claimed such a thing as a free lunch didn't exist :cool:
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find it interesting that the ONLY year that Cryptic had server meltdowns was the last one, and at the height of the games popularity too. Cryptic, I know your probably just going to miss this post but before you release season 9 MAKE SURE YOUR DAMN SERVERS WONT CRASH.
    You must be a new player.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No. All I'm saying is that, even though we play a game set in the 25th century, we are dealing with 21st century technology. That means there will be server downtime, errors, bugs, repeated patching and -- perhaps most important to remember -- long stretches of monotony punctuated by moments of hair-pulling frustration.

Voth happens. Learn to live with it.

Nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense. Here's why -

It is exactly because we live in a world where the unforeseen happens a company whose sole commodity is exchanged over the internet should show a bit more respect to their clients with regards to the up time of servers and infrastructure.

Yes, Voth happens but that does not excuse an incompetent infrastructure or a lazy IT team. A system such as an MMO should have backup servers that is updated in real time. They should have double the amount of bandwidth that they suspect they might need. They should have multiple lines and IP's so that if one back-end fall another can quickly be brought online.

So no sir, Voth happens is an excuse for children. They run a business, they should make it as pleasent for the customers as possible and within reason.
  • Options
    asphyxiaactualasphyxiaactual Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    Riker and Picard are on their way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgQidVzdneE
    Wow.

Just wow!
    We Are The Borg. Lower Your Shields And Surrender Your Ships. Your Technological And Biological Distinctiveness Will Be Added To Our Own. You Will Adapt Yourself To Service The Collective. Our Survival Is Your Survival. You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile.
  • Options
    mouertemouerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OMG getting so bored now ,,,, not even all the troll post DOOM!!!!
    and give me money cryptic is helping....
    Plz little hamsters starta running again :P
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xosset wrote: »
    SO, a player who just paid a lifetime sub, will have more rights than you, correct? since he is supporting the game more than you do, right?
    ^ Correct

And, what the hell make you think that people who pays a sub is wasting more money that someone that doesnt pay any sub?? Someone who buy zen every month, even if he is not paying any sub, supports cryptic more than you do. So YOUR point is invalid.
    ^3 month sub actually. Your not getting it is no excuse for leeching, zen or no zen.:D

Pipe down. I pay more than eight times what you do for this game, because I have more to spend.

That means I have eight times the peen to stroke and eight times of the egotistical entitlement to wave.

Im using all eight of that to tell you to get off your box, get on my level, or just shut your mouth.

Free player with eight times the money put in than your silly 3 month sub.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    andy1884andy1884 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That guy has no idea what he is talking about, I buy a 20 dollar PWE card pretty much every time I get groceries. (ive stopped recently in protest of the graphics bug, see bug forum), but ive probably done that over 50 times since I started.

Not to mention I did sub a couple months for leveling. It adds up, 2000 dollars so far over time? (im relatively well off IRL, its not a huge chunk of money for me personally, but numbers are numbers)

Yeah his "sub" doesnt impress me. I paid his sub eight times over last September alone.

http://i.imgur.com/6xALvxi.jpg

Damn straight. I've probably spent similar over the last couple of years. Worst thing was that when I started I saw it coming, and tried to buy a LTS. Unfortunately my banks and nations money laundering regs mean im pretty much limited to paying via 25 euro prepaid cards, which cant be stacked together. Was very fortunate to find an old boxed copy in a store so at least I have the account bank from the free 30 day sub that came with it!

Keep up the good fight for us silver spenders, I salute you captain!
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You must be a new player.

lol, no kidding, I've only been around since F2P launched myself and even I knew there's been some stability issues with content updates since launch.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    sfcpoeticsfcpoetic Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Your not getting it is no excuse for leeching, zen or no zen.:D

I dont understand that sentence.

I buy zen almost every month. I waste about 20-30 ? every month, that is more than a monthly sub. But i will never pay a sub. I did 2 months ago, but after i saw how cryptic works, and what they are not doing the past 8 months, i decided, wisely to cancel my sub, until i see they wake up. But i buy zen every month. And thats is more than enough to support the company.

So i am better contributer than you. My support to cryptic is greater than yours, so, you dont have right to be here LOL. I have more rights than you do!.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Branflakes, are you able to tell us what is happening? Whats the cause?
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    SO, a player who just paid a lifetime sub, will have more rights than you, correct? since he is supporting the game more than you do, right?

Pipe down. I pay more than eight times what you do for this game, because I have more to spend.

That means I have eight times the peen to stroke and eight times of the egotistical entitlement to wave.

Im using all eight of that to tell you to get off your box, get on my level, or just shut your mouth.

Mine is over 9000. Just Saiyan.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Posting insults will get you banned.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just let him go.

People like you and me need arrogant subbers like that to farm all that dil so we can buy it...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    xossetxosset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    Star Trek Online: The Fourth Anniversary
      Junk combat pet
    • Junk ship (Lt. Cmdr. level)
    • Unimaginative "daily anniversary event mission" that's just the stupid Christmas eggshell game
    • New ship with stats that are no better than any other ship, and frankly worse than any ship any of my characters would fly
    • Server Down and Game Unaccessible for hours on end
    • New mission featuring Tim Russ that nobody can play due to server failure

STO's Epic Fourth Anniversary perfectly summed up in a minute and two seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeLqsvFO31o

Yeah, Tim who? Haven't seen this guy since Janeway hit menopause all those years ago. The needs of the few out way the needs of the many, even if it's F2P.
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Free player with eight times the money put in than your silly 3 month sub.

Hah. Ah Rylan you always find a way to make me laugh my TRIBBLE off at someone else's stupidity, I wanna be you when I grow up. XD
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    suplex20suplex20 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    robdmc wrote: »

Looks at avatar.....

What??? :P
  • Options
    asphyxiaactualasphyxiaactual Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    It might help, or at least give us something new to talk about :)
    We Are The Borg. Lower Your Shields And Surrender Your Ships. Your Technological And Biological Distinctiveness Will Be Added To Our Own. You Will Adapt Yourself To Service The Collective. Our Survival Is Your Survival. You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile.
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not to feel lazy, but I had gotten off earlier when I did the mission and anniversary rep and I don't feel like reading through 50+ pages of replies. I just read a tweet saying something about network issues. Am I to assume that we're getting DDoS'd?
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited January 2014

^THIS! I'm only 7 minutes into it now. Can't wait to see how it ends! ;)
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xosset...

Do us a favor and troll elsewhere.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Perhaps the servers will be up by the time the video ends...
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, Tim who? Haven't seen this guy since Janeway hit menopause all those years ago. The needs of the few out way the needs of the many, even if it's F2P.

I SAID SILENCE.

Dont make me say it twice.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I buy aged boxsets off ebay for $3 each and inject codes each month for goldeness, and get a stipend. Lawl at subscribers.:D
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is seriously bad. I bet they get some negative response from PWE, they are missing alot of income. Alot of players probably think TRIBBLE it, im done with this and the new lockbox.

Game is rarely truly DOOMED!! like that.

Still, I got to play all of 5 minutes today, since the first major outage. And that was about 6 hours ago. Fixing it, and then needing another several hours to fix the fix, it all feels very sloppy and unprofessional.

And no, silly 'I-am-entitled-because-I-pay-X' posts have no place here, really. But I *do* share in the frustration of constantly telling Cryptic they need to wait, and test out their stuff properly first, and not be so eager to listen to their marketing department, wanting to push out stuff regardless. Always gives me an "I told you so!" feeling (or, as Sheldon would say, "I informed you thusly!").

So, next time, can you guys *please* test out your stuff first?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    suplex20suplex20 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not to feel lazy, but I had gotten off earlier when I did the mission and anniversary rep and I don't feel like reading through 50+ pages of replies. I just read a tweet saying something about network issues. Am I to assume that we're getting DDoS'd?

Forgot to add the african Flag...ship (badum, tiss) :D
This discussion has been closed.