What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Down v2 (01/30/2014) *Resolved!*

Comments

• cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

We're working on this. Please stand by.

(Also, apologies for the delay -- the forums are loading slow due to everyone trying to post here at the same time)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So let's tally the score here.

4th Anniversary = 4 years

Season 8.5 = content update 8 and a half times

And every single time there are crashes and massive bugs to be fixed.

Do you people think you will every get it right the first time anywhere in the future or do we all have to wait for your more competent replacement to take over?
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Star Trek Offline ... Into Darkness ... again [sigh]

Seriously ... do you need some black and yellow tape around the area between the server and the plug in the wall?

Did anyone NOT anticipate the server load that is seen every time a new season [or even a half season] is released?

[sigh]
  • wadworwadwor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Gute Nacht :eek:
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic Dev: Bran Flakes, may I speak with you please?!
    Bran Flakes: Yes, Sir!
    Cryptic Dev: How can there be downtime while we're still in the middle of fixing things!?
    Bran Flakes: Oh, that's true, Sir, but there's been a new breakthrough in PWE marketing.
    Cryptic Dev: There has?
    Bran Flakes: Yes! Instant Bugs. They're out in the patch before the game is released!
    Cryptic Dev: Nah!
    PWE Execl: Here it is, sir! "Season 8.5"!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Lol, this is worse than when LoR came out.
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so by "we work on it" you mean "we hope people get bored or go to sleep so the servers can take the lighter stress" i see.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • finiesfinies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well it happens . But i will say that i can't get into any of the PW games , keeps timing out .. CONE ON ESO or anything interesting .
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    treking2 wrote: »
    Star Trek Offline ... Into Darkness ... again [sigh]

Seriously ... do you need some black and yellow tape around the area between the server and the plug in the wall?

Did anyone NOT anticipate the server load that is seen every time a new season [or even a half season] is released?

[sigh]

Oh, so you can see the future?
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vampirial wrote: »
    *sigh* lil bit disappointed, I haven't had a chance to run the mission and will most likely miss out on a days run, nm might just give up on the ships

you have 9 of 10 days free from the 25 days open and your giving on the ships that only need 15 days? :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Live video from the Cryptic server room? :P

lol, nice, but yeah. Some of the unbridled RAAAAAAAGGGGGE that people somehow think is productive on the forums at times like this always reminds me of that kid was really what I was getting at. ;) My whole point is don't be 'that guy' and just chill. It's a game, it's not the end of reality as we know it or some-such so there's no point in ranting over it. :cool:
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • robthe13robthe13 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this is #2 and will be waiting for a #3 ;(:confused:
  • judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dakaan750 wrote: »
    Perhaps bashing the servers with a hammer will fix it

No... that was the solution for Season 7
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tevorum wrote: »
    This gives me time to get a fifteen year old game running on a three month old computer. I'm off to play Caesar III.

I just reinstalled Dungeon Siege. :)
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like it is time for the old joke again,

What do you get when you cross Star Trek Online with Neverwinter?
    Star Trek Never Online
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Cryptic Dev: Bran Flakes, may I speak with you please?!
    Bran Flakes: Yes, Sir!
    Cryptic Dev: How can there be downtime while we're still in the middle of fixing things!?
    Bran Flakes: Oh, that's true, Sir, but there's been a new breakthrough in PWE marketing.
    Cryptic Dev: There has?
    Bran Flakes: Yes! Instant Bugs. They're out in the patch before the game is released!
    Cryptic Dev: Nah!
    PWE Execl: Here it is, sir! "Season 8.5"!

When will now be then, "soon"

XDXDXDXD
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited January 2014
    wadwor wrote: »
    Gute Nacht :eek:

I don't think you're allowed to post in German.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dear PWE,

Somewhere in your IT organization there is this one person. Everyone hates them, and right now they are circulating emails saying "I told you so" to anyone who will listen.

Go find this person, and implement whatever network or server recommendations he or she has been saying you've needed to do for months now.

Every time something like this happens, it is because a manager made a decision that an engineer should have made.

Fix this. Before I take my money elsewhere.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vampirial wrote: »
    *sigh* lil bit disappointed, I haven't had a chance to run the mission and will most likely miss out on a days run, nm might just give up on the ships

You will be fine for the anniversary ship. After you complete the FE you get 400 qmmendations which leaves you 600 more to get, which if you play daily it will take 15 days. The event in totally (but due to current state may it be extended) runs for 25 days so you will still have 9 days spare :)
  • elementx1019elementx1019 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ajcorb wrote: »
    like the title says, is this normal. only installed the game tonight, and sofar the login screen looks very pretty.
    Absolutely not, I've been playing since beta and this is the third of fourth time the servers crashed. It may have been caused by an overload of players entering the game and the system had no time to automaticly kick some off. The end result was the servers crashing. I'm sorry that you had to experence this after only playing the game for(assumingly) for minutes.
    No matter how badly hurt we are. No matter how much our spirit has been broken. We are Mobians and We will fight to the end.-Ruby, Mobian stealth commander
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    I just reinstalled Dungeon Siege. :)

i will prolly go openttd until the server is back up.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • dheathhdheathh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :( when will the servers be up? I live for this game lmaoo
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cassiann wrote: »
    So let's tally the score here.

4th Anniversary = 4 years

Season 8.5 = content update 8 and a half times

And every single time there are crashes and massive bugs to be fixed.

Do you people think you will every get it right the first time anywhere in the future or do we all have to wait for your more competent replacement to take over?

Oh yeah cause of course many MMOs dont have issues with their larger content patches... oh hmm nm
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nah, it was totally Barclay. The Borg cherish order, not chaos. That's Reg's thing.....:D
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, it should.
    servers are still down right

STO is still owned by Perfect World, right?
  • morkebergmorkeberg Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains! We've got an ETA to share. We're looking at about 50 minutes (give/ take a few) before we get you back in. Thanks for the support.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the update Brandon. but please hurry my ship is damaged I estimate 60 mins to warp core breach if I cant get to space dock we are doooomed save us :D
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Server be up soon and you can stop the jump of the sphere and defeat the Undine and save the galaxy once more.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
    edited January 2014
    mciann wrote: »
    Dear PWE,

Somewhere in your IT organization there is this one person. Everyone hates them, and right now they are circulating emails saying "I told you so" to anyone who will listen.

Go find this person, and implement whatever network or server recommendations he or she has been saying you've needed to do for months now.

Every time something like this happens, it is because a manager made a decision that an engineer should have made.

Fix this. Before I take my money elsewhere.

What you just said makes no difference, they're working as hard as possible, respect that.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Looks like the guys who messed up the healthcare site are at it again ... I love how they fix servers. lols
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't think you're allowed to post in German.

Dios Mios!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,482 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Only thing I can say is...
    When the walls fell...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.