test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Down v2 (01/30/2014) *Resolved!*

Comments

• dakonbartondakonbarton Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please nerf Tuvok i heard he is OP
    i just want his uniform tbh looks kinda interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tevorum wrote: »
    They're up in my mind.

They're down if you're on Everest.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "A team is working to bring back the server"....By this do you mean one guy with white tape on his broken glasses?

White tape is too modern
  • younvmeyounvme Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i play the step miss.. and i get ready to go walk in space and it all goes black any 1 else??????
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So the server has become self-aware, joined Dental/NoP or RadioStar just to spite Branflakes?

Probably something like that.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Especially when you consider people in the world who are having trouble finding food.

Or finding clean water. Want to see a picture I took a couple weeks ago, of a glass of water from our tap? Looks like a glass of beer; the colour was *that* dark.

In any case, I doubt I will be able to play STO today, so I am off to play TERA instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    alikain wrote: »
    What did I miss!:mad:

214 posts. But the fun is just beginning.
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Listen guys the servers are down and not gonna work...so I recommend mailing all your items and money to my characters and rage quitting the game

I would but THE SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ryeknow wrote: »
    lol, you read my mind.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow. That's just brilliant.

That's what you get for letting dinosaurs run around all over the servers :D
  • tevorumtevorum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    220 posts.

An eighty page thread with the complete pi and a history of the spanish american war.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh well....

Better go to sleep and hope the servers have not fallen into a black hole when I wake up:P
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i hope this time its the last crash for at least several weeks. it happens a third time within as many hours im gonna start loosing my opinion that cryptic servers are "generally reliable" to more "unreliable". probably just the sheer volume of players, chatting, spamming, spamming anniversary party poppers and such. all that has to be accounted for by the server. in any event anyways, if it does happen again i will wait a few days, considering you only need 15 days of 25-30. not like im really missing out on anything just yet.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the servers need some magnesium citrate. That will make 'em go.

What a hell of a week. I was feeling ill so I had to go to the emergency room Monday. I had a fever of 101.6, constipation, and it turned out I had the flu.

I felt like I was run over by a stampede of targs.

The doc prescribed some tylenol, cough syrup, and stuff and I bought some magnesium citrate, cherry flavor, at the pharmacy (it was over the counter only, but it was just over $2). That stuff tasted bitter but it worked wonders.

I was able to log in each day for all the free stuff but haven't been able to play the game. I feel better and was ready to play today but the servers are down. I was just checking out the forums before starting the patch download for the game and came across this thread.

I don't know who was more full of it. Me or Cryptic. :(

Edit: I'm still hacking up phlegm and sitting here sweating. No, not because I can't play the game. The humidity is high today.
  • kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lordvedli wrote: »
    See I'm noticing that some of you are making the assumption that Hamsters power the STO Servers.

Sirs/Madams! This is Star Trek! We don't use Hamsters, we use amphibian-like beings that can only be made in Warp 10 capable shuttles.

Thats why it takes so long to get the servers back up. Every time one of the space newts dies you need to find an intern and throw him into Tom Paris's magic shuttle send it on a round trip to Alpha Centari and then let "evolution" take it's course.

They fact they got it down to an hour is impressive tbh. Although if this happens a few more times there going to run out of interns!

Its okay so long as the genetic codes for them remain intact and they dont die.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,153 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i just want his uniform tbh looks kinda interesting.

Yeah was kinda interesting looking :)
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Unlikely. I think that doing a 4 minute mission everyday and a 30 minute mission one of those days is more work than sitting around and telling the Devs how unfair this anniversary is.

And if i plan on doing both......?
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Someone wake Scotty's drunk *** up and get this fixed.
    edited January 2014
    tevorum wrote: »
    An eighty page thread with the complete pi and a history of the spanish american war.

Oh please don't bring that up... people will start spam posting again...
  • taloslepaltaloslepal Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Listen guys the servers are down and not gonna work...so I recommend mailing all your items and money to my characters and rage quitting the game

I am a Nigerian Prince, son of the great Fallah Mutatina Wigwama, an avid Star Trek Online grinder. I hope this post finds you in health that is good. Recently, my dear father, King of the Ursae Province in southern Nigeria was slain in his sleep by a rival warlord. In behest of his beheading I no longer wish to play Star Trek Online. I found you through a Googolist search and thought you were well-to-do. In the wishes of my people, I would like to forward you the sum of $8 trillion dilithium USD as well as the adhered amount of $4 gazillion Energy Credits. Please reply to this comminikay with your information.

Well Wished,

Prince of Nigeria
  • seanbrockestseanbrockest Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A couple weeks ago our servers went offline, that meant that all orders, stock checks, retail sales, EVERYTHING was gone.

After a few minutes of waiting for a fix, a lady cut through the line-up and came to me face-to-face, and said "did you know that if you press ctrl-alt-delete your computer will reset?"
  • morkebergmorkeberg Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    is it too much to ask for at least 1 update without a crash? daaaamn.

Note to cryptic: I have less crash issues follow the guide below:

1. offering free ships is great and everyone is going to want one so you can expect massive log in.

2. when offering a free ship just give it. less grinding massive amount of player have to do the easier it is on the server, because we all know half of the people who log in will be on to get the ship then be inactive for a year anyway.

3. you know massive log ins are going to happen so stabilize the server before you release anything.

4. before you launch an update make sure most of the kinks are worked out no matter how many people whine about how long its taking. having players on the test server does not count because most of them don't know what they are talking about. try testing it yourselves too.
  • deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i just realised something ive played or tribble quite a bit never have any issues. these guys send content out to trible when before lauch. how come these kinda things always happen with big update. isnt the point of tribble to find all the bugs and fix em before launch.
  • sevenatsevenat Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "A holodeck has been detected - Unimatrix 424, Grid 116 - activate.

Alter parameters to intercept and assimilate.

We are the Borg.

Lower your shields and surrender your ships, forum and avatars.

We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your geek culture will adapt to service us.

Resistance is futile.

Your life, as it has been, is over. "
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    *Yaaaaawn*
    signwidrona.png
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since the server is down does this mean I have to get out of Grandma's Basement?
    edited January 2014
    And if i plan on doing both......?

Then we can call it even.
  • tevorumtevorum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    taloslepal wrote: »
    I am a Nigerian Prince, son of the great Fallah Mutatina Wigwama, an avid Star Trek Online grinder. I hope this post finds you in health that is good. Recently, my dear father, King of the Ursae Province in southern Nigeria was slain in his sleep by a rival warlord. In behest of his beheading I no longer wish to play Star Trek Online. I found you through a Googolist search and thought you were well-to-do. In the wishes of my people, I would like to forward you the sum of $8 trillion dilithium USD as well as the adhered amount of $4 gazillion Energy Credits. Please reply to this comminikay with your information.

Well Wished,

Prince of Nigeria

You may have the banking information of eight of my children if you can bring the servers up permanently.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains! We've got an ETA to share. We're looking at about 50 minutes (give/ take a few) before we get you back in. Thanks for the support.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.