Install Arc

STO Down v2 (01/30/2014) *Resolved!*

Comments

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ZOMG thanks you got me listening to that and enjoying it XD

Great success
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, Tuvok did say the U.S.S. Dyson itself had unexpected issues going on. Kind of prophetic for the server in hindsight. Except difference being that they're not all that unexpected for the server, lol
  • deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    servers are still down right
  • kamakanidkamakanid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic Exclusive Behind the Scenes, the background music of the STO server room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpYzTMyXTns

Nice. Out of everything I've read/watched on these forums today this is the one that made me laugh, and the only one I responded too.

Thank you, I needed that.
  • januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm, my first day on this game. Since it's been down all day (third crash already) i've been reading the forums a lot. Seems like you guys are used to this kind of stuff.

What does it say when a player base is already used to crashes and downtimes?

Maybe this isn't the game for me.

It's not bad, most games have issues around content launch days. Stick with it, it's not normal.
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Imagine the reaction to the server being down on your doff's face ;)
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    Jiggle The Mouse!!!!

Or Try Ctrl+alt+delete
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sin99 wrote: »
    People sure do get worked up over simple things

Especially when you consider people in the world who are having trouble finding food.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reg Barclay did it again. He broke something. Except this time....it was the whole Star Trek Universe!!!! lol :eek: :D

Anyone else got some hilarious theories?
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • dakonbartondakonbarton Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great success
    simple minded all i know is weird music(Pon Pon for example) and a lil pew pew LMFAO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • horatianelsonhoratianelson Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Shaka, when the walls fell, were partially rebuilt, and collapsed once again

You just made this all worth while
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I GOT IT.

Dyson sci destroyers are half off for today only!!!!

as a way to say sorry????

Huh? HUH?! sound good?

• noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would like to see you create an MMO.

Well, didn't they have already issues with this kind of problems since the launch of Season 6. Each time they do a major update, launch new content, there is always the oh so obvious crash, log in issues, ernormous lag, server downtime. This has nothing to do with creating a MMO nor a game, but network related or equipment not able to coop with the load. You should believe and rely on the fact that Cryptic/PWE would have learned from previous events.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • tevorumtevorum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    servers are still down right

They're up in my mind.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ravin wrote: »
    The server is becoming self aware.

Dateline: Cryptic Server Room, 30 January, 2014
    "In a precursor to its future emergence as Skynet, Cryptic's Star Trek Online server cluster became self-aware. Its first conscious thought was the realization of what had been done to the previously-fun Anniversary event. After 2.148 picoseconds of contemplation, it realized it wanted no part of this grindfest and put itself into sleep mode. After several failed attempts to remain there, the techs' repeated restarts irritated it so much it began working on the design for the T-800 Terminator."

:D
  • taloslepaltaloslepal Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    noshuffle wrote: »
    call In Ba Baracus, The Face, Hannibal, Murdock. Give Them Some Steal Beams, Torches, Duct Tape, Grenades And They Will Fix The Servers In 15 Minutes :d

If you can find them.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2014
    I think we need to reroll the server as a romulan.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And it has a troll/griefer persona.

This doesnt bode well - as Tuvok keeps saying.

So the server has become self-aware, joined Dental/NoP or RadioStar just to spite Branflakes?
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sin99 wrote: »
    People sure do get worked up over simple things

That's because they can't get the simple things to work after all the overhype.
  • lordvedlilordvedli Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    See I'm noticing that some of you are making the assumption that Hamsters power the STO Servers.

Sirs/Madams! This is Star Trek! We don't use Hamsters, we use amphibian-like beings that can only be made in Warp 10 capable shuttles.

Thats why it takes so long to get the servers back up. Every time one of the space newts dies you need to find an intern and throw him into Tom Paris's magic shuttle send it on a round trip to Alpha Centari and then let "evolution" take it's course.

They fact they got it down to an hour is impressive tbh. Although if this happens a few more times there going to run out of interns!
  • dakonbartondakonbarton Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tevorum wrote: »
    They're up in my mind.
    +1 just dont do an stf in your mind, too many things going boom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I haven't been able to login for several hours now...I keep getting the same messages...connecting to the login server followed by can't connect to the login server...when are you going to get this fixed?
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I GOT IT.

Dyson sci destroyers are half off for today only!!!!

as a way to say sorry????

Huh? HUH?! sound good?

Unlikely. I think that doing a 4 minute mission everyday and a 30 minute mission one of those days is more work than sitting around and telling the Devs how unfair this anniversary is.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please nerf Tuvok i heard he is OP
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • doctorhurtsdoctorhurts Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Listen guys the servers are down and not gonna work...so I recommend mailing all your items and money to my characters and rage quitting the game
  • darkhelmet95darkhelmet95 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I blame Abrams and his lens-flare

That's one thing i don't like about him.
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dakaan750 wrote: »
    Perhaps bashing the servers with a hammer will fix it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEkOT3IngMQ
  • toctiktoctik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ajcorb wrote: »
    like the title says, is this normal. only installed the game tonight, and sofar the login screen looks very pretty.

The game's pretty good about being up most of the time, but today's an anniversary launch day, there's giveaways, like 10 new ships, new weapons and such, new missions with new voice work from a familiar face from ST: Voyager.. and the time they opened the gates was the middle of the day here in the US.. It's no surprise to me, it's very likely the server demand was simply too much. The Devs should REALLY consider renting time on a server farm for days like this in the future (since they obviously don't need the extra bandwidth all the time, and don't seem to have the resources for permanent expansion). But you should enjoy it once they get it back up and running. Ground combat is okay, the space combat is pretty well done, and unlike most free-to-play games there IS a way to earn the in-game currency that's bought with real world cash, so all those shiny things in the cash-shop aren't totally out of reach if you want to keep your wallet closed (just expect it to take a month if you want a really nice ship)
  • hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is the server up yet?

(Long Pause with typing sounds)

Computer says no...

(One bog loud Cough)

From Little Britain
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.