Install Arc
Options

for this years anniversary ship

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    I'd rather want a Galaxy Class Battleship as in TNG:Yesterdays Enterprise.
    At least that reality was real and not just a wrong interpretation of history by a minor species no one cares about.

I highly doubt that they'll give away a ship which will stop any Galaxy Purchases from the C-store (no matter how few remain at this time) dead in its tracks.

This leaves the Defiant and Galaxy out.. and most likely the Intrepid as well. The latter has a minute chance because of the focus on the DQ but that's about it.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Kind of hoping we can go ahead and get the tellarite ship, just to get it out of the way and get every founding race represented in the fleet. We have enough saucers for now. Just give it the same low tier/high tier double unlock, make it a cruiser.
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Promellian Battlecruiser!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sci Vessels... KDF/Rom/Fed... with the introduction of the 2nd Deflector. A period of tweaking and then the eventual refit of other Sci Vessels.
  • Options
    nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    miirik wrote: »
    Promellian Battlecruiser!

I like that one.

I also like the solar sail ship from "Explorers" (DS9). Just for flying around, not for combat of course.
    edited January 2014
    T5 Constitution.

That is all.

P.S. A Star Cruiser that does not suck would be nice also.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find it doubtful they will be able to create three individual anniversary ships so I think it may be a nuetral ship usable by all.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tier 5 Phoenix. There is no better ship than one whose original purpose was Mass Destruction.

Seriously, have to agree with bitemepwe. As long as STO exists, they will add more mini-factions to the game and it won't take 3 years for the next one like it took for the Romulan mini-faction. They are planning to do an Expansion by the end of the year and there is a good chance that a new mini-faction will be part of it. Easier to make one neutral ship for every future anniversary ship than an anniversary ship for each mini-faction.
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Whilst it polarises opinion, I'd like to see a Starfleet-developed Dauntless class.

I mean, it was a Delta Quadrant design so it would be both relevant AND would work in the context of the direction that the game is progressing at present.

I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to write a FE involving our player finding an abandoned Species 116 ship either inside, or just outside, the sphere.

The model is already. Made and ready to be put into game. I have no idea. What the hold up was
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    xaosmg123xaosmg123 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm still hoping that one day, we'll be able to buy the Maquis Raider. Looks like an F-16 fighter jet/Starscream from transformers(in flight form). Saw it on Ds9 and cant stop wishing I was flying it! lol

Maybe if we ever get a Cardassian/True Way/Maquis - like episode series or expac or season update - we could see it :)
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    That ship is so ugly, i don't care it's free, I'll give cryptic money to NOT give it to me.

you post always make me smile :) also this^^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Warship Voyager.... A Federation Raptor-ish class

K'Vort a BoP shaped Raptor class ship

just my 2 cents
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Warship Voyager....

The more I read those 2 words, the more I'd actually like that as a playable ship :D
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm hoping for a typhoon style ship. Also like to see them have a "here if you missed the first couple of give aways, here's what ya missed!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,845 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Tier 5 Phoenix. There is no better ship than one whose original purpose was Mass Destruction.

Seriously, have to agree with bitemepwe. As long as STO exists, they will add more mini-factions to the game and it won't take 3 years for the next one like it took for the Romulan mini-faction. They are planning to do an Expansion by the end of the year and there is a good chance that a new mini-faction will be part of it. Easier to make one neutral ship for every future anniversary ship than an anniversary ship for each mini-faction.

Like I asked in that other thread, how many factions are you expecting them to make?

Just because there is a new expansion planned for 2k14 doesn't mean it's going to have a new faction. I want playable Cardassians a lot but I want more meaningful endgame content which I'm hoping a expansion focusing on content instead of a faction will bring.

With venturing into the delta quadrant and on the Iconian path that has been laid so far I'm hoping for content as opposed to a faction, both endgame PvE and PvP need some love!

Plus what's so hard about making three ships? They were able to do two fine...I mean they did have plans for a Romulan flagship...maybe they decided to save them for this years anniversary to make things easier.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Enterprise J for the Feds, Dyson Sphere for the KDF.

In Soviet STO, Earth Spacedock docks YOU.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to throw my lottery-guess chips at either:

Fed - Constellation or Warship Galaxy-class
    Klingon - D5 or K'Vort Battlecruiser
    Romulan - Science ship or Carrier

Naturally, after the anniversary event whatever ships are showcased will be stuffed into the Fleet system somewhere. Here's hoping!
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I feel like an anniversary episode would be the perfect vehicle for them to release that Romulan version of the D-whatever klingon battlecruiser they're always asking for.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Let's be honest, there is no downside to the Warship Voyager.

Tactically oriented Intrepid with monstrous armor.
    Many people love the Voyager series and get to fly a new Intrepid variant while those who hate the Voyager series (incredible, but i have been told they exist) get the opportunity to blow up a new Intrepid Variant. It's win-win.

P.s. perhaps merge this topic with this one: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=975771
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Like I asked in that other thread, how many factions are you expecting them to make?

Just because there is a new expansion planned for 2k14 doesn't mean it's going to have a new faction. I want playable Cardassians a lot but I want more meaningful endgame content which I'm hoping a expansion focusing on content instead of a faction will bring.

With venturing into the delta quadrant and on the Iconian path that has been laid so far I'm hoping for content as opposed to a faction, both endgame PvE and PvP need some love!

Plus what's so hard about making three ships? They were able to do two fine...I mean they did have plans for a Romulan flagship...maybe they decided to save them for this years anniversary to make things easier.

The way they have set up things is a huge initial investment for the release of the mini-faction, then just selling costumes and ships on the C-Store for future content. The rest of the content will just be this cross-faction content that they have been bombarding us with for years.

Anniversary ships are free ships so requiring to make 5 free ships that some of us might get the Fleet version is not a good investment of their time. So either they will give us demo versions of future C-Store ships like the Odyssey or free Cross-faction ships like the Obelisk Carrier, Risian Corvette, and Breen ships.

As far as the Warship Voyager goes, while it would be nice to have a tactical oriented Voyager, the concept of it just doesn't make sense. At least with the Galaxy X, Picard saw it in action in an alternate timeline, but there is no way that the design for the Warship Voyager which is from hundreds of years in the future and thousands of light years away to make it to where it could be created.
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I feel like an anniversary episode would be the perfect vehicle for them to release that Romulan version of the D-whatever klingon battlecruiser they're always asking for.

You mean the D7 with the Firebird decal on it? I'm only interested if it comes with a mullet and jorts costume unlock for my character.
  • Options
    souli76souli76 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since I loved the Star Trek Starfleet commands, I'd LOVE to see a modernized version of this beast in game.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110303115436/memory-omega/de/images/6/6c/Federation_Battleship_F-BB.jpg

Seriously. This is a federation Battleship. Locked cocked and ready to rock.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whatever it is, it will likely tie into the Sphere somehow, perhaps atmospheric exploration vessels or something, but still space worthy.
  • Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My personal guess:

FED: Constellation Cruiser/Science Vessel (could be either or a hybrid)
    KDF: D5 Battlecruiser or 22nd Century BoP (I don't think it ever had a name)
    RR: No idea. If I could pick, I'd want a Melak* or Griffin* Warbird.

*Again, if I could pick. Those are most unlikely to ever be in the game due to license issues.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Whatever it is, it will likely tie into the Sphere somehow, perhaps atmospheric exploration vessels or something, but still space worthy.

Tied into the sphere, probably but the question is how.
    The sphere is bordering the DQ and it's probably ancient. Perhaps related to the relay stations which voyager encountered which stretched all the way to the Alpha Quadrant.
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let me fly the STIV whale probe, or I'm leaving FOREVER!

Rabble! :mad:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Since I loved the Star Trek Starfleet commands, I'd LOVE to see a modernized version of this beast in game.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110303115436/memory-omega/de/images/6/6c/Federation_Battleship_F-BB.jpg

Seriously. This is a federation Battleship. Locked cocked and ready to rock.

Yes!!! God I remember this ship from sfc2. Remember the romulan and Klingon battleships from that game. The romulan was called the king condor I believe.

All said and done my hat is off to you sir :)
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like a k'vort :)